Craze Eau de Parfum

Craze (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf
Craze (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Armaf for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Sterling Perfumes.

Top Notes Top NotesCuminCumin
JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
AmberAmber

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 23.10.2021.

Wale
ALLROUNDER / EVERY AGE GROUP / LIKED BY EVERYONE / WOMEN MAGNET / CHEAP & LONG LASTING
Fragrance:
Unfortunately, I do not have such a trained nose as many in the community to smell out different fragrances. Would describe the fragrance as a balanced mix of sweet but not intrusive and a little bit fresh. I just can't place it which makes this scent very special in my opinion. With a good Michelin chef you can basically also no ingredient rausschmecken and that makes it the art.

DURABILITY:
The imprint eau de parfum to 100% value. You can because of the low obtrusiveness also times 6 Sprüher poke and thus one is served for 8 hours.

FLACON:
The purest disaster. Since I had to throw up every time I look at the flacon I wrapped it first in aluminum foil. This helped but only conditionally since this once fell off and I had to run directly to the next toilet to throw up again unfortunately. What helps a little is to take off the leather piece. So you can at least touch it without the hands itch afterwards
DESTINY:
Of all sexes portable. Point.

OTHER SEX:
Absolute women and men magnet. No matter where no matter when there are only compliments. Which is also part sometime unpleasant every time to talk about the one and the same perfume.

ALTERNATIVES:
In the price range would be F-Black and Club de Nuit to name. From the vibe I would name Jaguar Gold or Layton but don't want to go too far out on a limb as an untrained nose.

BLINDBUY:
Would I recommend to everyone since there will be hardly anyone who does not like him and if yet just keep on giving.

CONCLUSION:
Has become my current signature fragrance. He goes in the summer, in the winter, in the suit, at sports, at night, days in the EU and everywhere in the world. That it should be a pure winter fragrance I can not understand but opinions differ on everything. In addition, I will never again spend more than 30 € for perfume after I know this fragrance (personal opinion no one wants to attack)

Too much synthetic almond
I was sure that I like it but not, one time again I'm sure that I really hate almond. And here there is an entire extension of almond, until I become fully nauseated. I found it similar 80% to Pegasus but more synthetic and with less nice accords. So.. Almond, need to know very well how to balance this not easy ingredient, or only the ultra sweet lover will like. I think that on Craze there is too much and my nose don't reach to appreciate it, because after 1 hour I smell only synthetic almond with honey and nothing else, and it's very persistent. For me not.

ScentSlave
This one is a tale of 2 tails…
If there is such a thing as a bi-polar scent, this is it…

The opening is almost repulsive… synthetic sweetness that leaves you ready to hit the shower and SCRUB…

…but be patient my friends…

…the drydown is a blissful vanilla-almond blend that radiates outward to an easy 3ft+ radius and leaves a thick sillage trail everywhere you go in your wake… longevity is also a mega plus, lasting 8 hours plus easily…

As far as a Pegasus comparison, I can’t say much there as I only have the Exclusif version, and haven’t smelled the original (this is nothing like the Exclusif)…

I got it for $25, and I won’t be complaining… but remember that the opening is VERY SYNTHETIC and somewhat difficult to make your way through… but if or when you do, it’s a great scent that performs quite well.
The Pegasus from Arabia
I'll make it short:
This fragrance is at least as good as its chairman from France and also vieeeel cheaper to have. (35€)
90% similarity, even with more persistence. (Only in the Opening something synthetic)
After 9 hours, I could still smell him on my skin.

So who loves Pegasus can also ride on this one.
Horny fragrance!
A worthy impersonator?
Who comes across "Craze" from the house of Armaf, which has certainly previously made acquaintance with the winged horse and is now looking for a worthy representative.

Flacon:
After I Layton may already call my own and not directly on it again the handsome price of a PdM perfume wanted to spend so I looked around for a cheaper alternative. And lo and behold, after a short time I came across this admittedly rather dull, purposeful-looking bottle called Craze. It doesn't really make you look forward to pulling off this oversized plastic cap that adorns the nevertheless above average spray head. The good will with the leather belt around the bottle is well noted. But the haptics / optics is certainly also not (or even less) the main focus if you get yourself an obvious clone.

Fragrance:
Since my sample Pegasus still provided enough content to make extensive comparisons, this was my first mission after I held the new Craze in my hands. So a sprayer left, another sprayer right and again Probegeschnüffelt.
The scent is definitely very similar, but seems in the opening noticeably more synthetic than the original.
This is forgiven him, however, because after a few moments he adapts to his big brother virtually at a gallop and now has only a few but still easily perceptible differences.
Craze seems a tad more synthetic and a bit more tart than the French competitor. My layman's nose suggests to me a little more bitterness which possibly stems from a stronger emphasis on almond. With the Craze, I also detect a hint of corrugated cardboard boxes or a new book. Just additionally this herb-nutty, slightly bitter. Don't misunderstand, the two are really confusingly similar. The differences are relatively subtle but perceptible.

Longevity/Sillage:

is with me after 12 hours on the skin still perceptible and surpasses the original thus in terms of durability.
Sillage is definitely above average. The scent is not only perceived when passing or closer contact, which is why you should not umbedingt fog from head to toe with the good drop. I use only 1 to 2 sprayers.

Conclusion: The fragrance is excellent and almost identical to Pegasus. I would definitely recommend it, although the original is a nose ahead. (Sorry this was more of a comparison than a standalone review but I guess the majority end up here after all mainly because they know Pegasus or are looking for a replacement)

Malowo
Can it keep up with its big brother PDM Pegasus?
Enthusiastic about Pegasus, you inevitably come across this "little" brother at some point.

With me it was a blind purchase due to the low price. When I opened the package, I was first torn whether the bottle is now original , beautiful or ugly. Now that it is on my shelf I must say that it does not do justice to the fragrance. That is namely the great strength.

I put on parallel to the Craze the Pegasus for direct comparison and observed how both fragrances develop. Neither in the opening nor in the drydown were at least on my skin to perceive great differences. The durability was even slightly better than that of the Pegasus.
One perceives a similarly beautiful bitter almond as a dominant note, rounded off by a pleasant vanilla scent in the base. A real "delicious" fragrance for rather cold days and not for the warm summer.

He is in my opinion in no way inferior to the PDM. Even if the bottle of the Pegasus is a lot higher quality and more beautiful you should try this fragrance if you are a fan of this fragrance. Even from the easily dissolving plastic plate when removing the cap you should not be deterred.

One can argue about it but here is said: Super kopi...um...inspired.

Almond/Vanilla Dream
My first fragrance that relies so heavily on almond and I like it!
Opening is a bit too harsh and somehow synthetic, but it subsides after 1-2min and the beautiful almond/vanilla combination with light wood in the background dominates. Drydown has a wow effect for me. I have not often and last with TF Lost Cherry and PdM Layton.
I have never smelled Pegasus, but if they are so similar then it is not worth it because of the price difference. Durability and sillage are good but not extreme (2019 batch). Flacon not really nice but doesn't bother me.
A proof for me that good fragrances don't have to cost >100Euro and with many people you just pay the name!
CalisThenx
A journey through the Orient...
The first sprayer and I feel like in 1000 and one night!
I love spicy perfumes and this one smells like a bazaar in Cairo. To be honest I thought it smells completely different than I imagined it would, but in the end it smells even better Spices are thrown around here and unfortunately I can't identify every one of them. The strongest I take in the opening note is cumin, although the bergamot is hardly noticeable. But the cumin is really spicy. Then follows in the heart note the bitter almond which gives the fragrance something metallic. But this is not a hardened and cold metal, but one that you just pull out of the embers. But also the lavender and sage are very present. I also feel pepper in my nose that comes freshly ground Later, the vanilla joins in the base note and combines with the sandalwood to create a sonorous finish.

Dee fragrance is really great, also the durability is extremely good, even after swimming at the lake it was still very noticeable. I would estimate the durability at 10-12h.
But the bottle is underground...
But in the end it's all about the fragrance and it's really something special
Armaf
Very masculine and long lasting! Everything very fine and pleasantly interwoven with a beautiful, unobtrusive but certain Sillage especially with the price.
the durability of the fragrance relatively good. And I like the bottle very much, it looks very high quality
Condorpilot1
Please with lots of almond
"Craze" - to translate from the English with "madness", "crazy" or e.g. "mania" could suggest that this perfume could hold itself around a crazy fragrance bomb, which is created with the craziest components and creates an insanely unique aura around the wearer.

No, that's not so. It is, as typical of Armaf, "only" a clone of the popular perfume "Pegasus" by Parfums de Marly. The question is, of course, whether this fragrance is a successful clone, whether it comes close to Pegasus in character and whether it cuts a good figure in terms of price/performance ratio. In my eyes, Armaf has succeeded in doing so well with Club de Nuit Intense Men...

First of all, I had to search a little bit to get Armaf Craze at a good price. Although Craze was a blind purchase for me on the one hand, on the other hand I had a good idea of how he should smell. I tried Pegasus for the first time about two years ago in a perfumery and found it in short: Amazing! I hadn't smelled a fragrance with almond before but found this note in combination with creamy vanilla simply stunning. At Harrods in London I also became aware of "Profvumum Roma Confetto", which has a very similar character to Pegasus and also makes the almond a superstar.

Last week the package with Craze finally arrived (2015 batch) and already at the first spraying it said: "Hmmm there is the Pegasus!" But still something was a little bit different than with the idol. But what exactly, I could only test at home. Practically I have a small bottle of Pegasus with me, so that I could test Armaf Craze on one hand and Pegasus on the other hand.

The biggest difference is the opening of both fragrances. Pegasus starts much softer from the beginning. Almond is there but it is not as present as in Armaf Craze. Armaf has positioned the almond much more prominently and created a more bitter version compared to Pegasus. In addition, Craze has an ethereal smell that immediately reminded me of eucalyptus. I don't know where it comes from but I can feel it clearly for a few minutes. Maybe it's sage in the heart note, although for me it's actually more like eucalyptus. Craze also imitated the metallic note from Pegasus well. The creaminess of Pegasus, which has been there from the beginning, comes out more and more with every minute with Craze.

The latter is actually the special thing about Craze. While Pegasus is very linear from the beginning and changes only minimally, Craze has a slightly more exciting scent. While after a few hours with Pegasus the almond is hardly noticeable, with Craze it is constantly noticeable but gradually moves into the background. All in all, Craze is not quite as high quality. Nevertheless, Armaf Craze has a wonderful silage, which can be perceived for a long time.

After about an hour and a half the two scents on my skin are (hardly) distinguishable. I would most likely recognize Craze by the stronger almond note. But most people would probably think that it is the same perfume twice.

Nevertheless: if you don't want to spend all that money on Pegasus, Craze is the best choice! If you have the Pegasus DNA in your head, you may as well dare a blind buy from Craze and won't be disappointed. The fragrance character fits best to leisure events, autumn and spring. Anyway, I really like wearing it already now!

DTCDTC 8 months ago
Es un 90% igual que Pegasus (PDM). Lo que no le hace justicia es esa pésima salida tan sintética y plasticosa, después, una maravilla
AdamStraightAdamStraight 10 months ago
Was forced by a Coworker several times to give out the name of this fragrance. After a long time of silence I answered with Pegasus :)
AnasaliAnasali 2 years ago
i like it ,i never owend pegasus but anyway it in the same line as Bogart pour homme and pure havane , bitter sweet patchouli scent .
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Sweet & fresh vanilla, almond & spices scent with a floral/powdery vibe. Perfect to daily use in every swason of year...
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Even if Craze is not a perfect clone of Parfums De Marly's Pegasus, it plays on with Almond and Vanilla and presents the same genetics.

by Surferbooi
by Surferbooi
by ChrisTommasi
by ChrisTommasi

Popular Armaf

Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Woman by Armaf Armaf Niche - Oud by Armaf Club de Nuit Sillage by Armaf Radical Brown by Armaf Armaf Niche - Bucephalus No. XI by Armaf Tres Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Tag-Her (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Club de Nuit Milestone by Armaf Club de Nuit Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Ventana by Armaf Futura La Homme by Armaf Signature True by Armaf Armaf Niche - Pink Coral by Armaf Armaf Niche - Sapphire by Armaf Venetian by Armaf Le Parfait pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Legesi Men by Armaf Shades (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf