Craze Eau de Parfum

Craze (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf
Craze (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Armaf for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by Sterling Perfumes.

Top Notes Top NotesCumin, Heliotrope, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesBitter almond, Lavender, Sage, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vanilla, Amber

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 06.04.2021.

The Pegasus from Arabia
I'll make it short:
This fragrance is at least as good as its chairman from France and also vieeeel cheaper to have. (35€)
90% similarity, even with more persistence. (Only in the Opening something synthetic)
After 9 hours, I could still smell him on my skin.

So who loves Pegasus can also ride on this one.
Horny fragrance!
A worthy impersonator?
Who comes across "Craze" from the house of Armaf, which has certainly previously made acquaintance with the winged horse and is now looking for a worthy representative.

Flacon:
After I Layton may already call my own and not directly on it again the handsome price of a PdM perfume wanted to spend so I looked around for a cheaper alternative. And lo and behold, after a short time I came across this admittedly rather dull, purposeful-looking bottle called Craze. It doesn't really make you look forward to pulling off this oversized plastic cap that adorns the nevertheless above average spray head. The good will with the leather belt around the bottle is well noted. But the haptics / optics is certainly also not (or even less) the main focus if you get yourself an obvious clone.

Fragrance:
Since my sample Pegasus still provided enough content to make extensive comparisons, this was my first mission after I held the new Craze in my hands. So a sprayer left, another sprayer right and again Probegeschnüffelt.
The scent is definitely very similar, but seems in the opening noticeably more synthetic than the original.
This is forgiven him, however, because after a few moments he adapts to his big brother virtually at a gallop and now has only a few but still easily perceptible differences.
Craze seems a tad more synthetic and a bit more tart than the French competitor. My layman's nose suggests to me a little more bitterness which possibly stems from a stronger emphasis on almond. With the Craze, I also detect a hint of corrugated cardboard boxes or a new book. Just additionally this herb-nutty, slightly bitter. Don't misunderstand, the two are really confusingly similar. The differences are relatively subtle but perceptible.

Longevity/Sillage:

is with me after 12 hours on the skin still perceptible and surpasses the original thus in terms of durability.
Sillage is definitely above average. The scent is not only perceived when passing or closer contact, which is why you should not umbedingt fog from head to toe with the good drop. I use only 1 to 2 sprayers.

Conclusion: The fragrance is excellent and almost identical to Pegasus. I would definitely recommend it, although the original is a nose ahead. (Sorry this was more of a comparison than a standalone review but I guess the majority end up here after all mainly because they know Pegasus or are looking for a replacement)

Malowo
Can it keep up with its big brother PDM Pegasus?
Enthusiastic about Pegasus, you inevitably come across this "little" brother at some point.

With me it was a blind purchase due to the low price. When I opened the package, I was first torn whether the bottle is now original , beautiful or ugly. Now that it is on my shelf I must say that it does not do justice to the fragrance. That is namely the great strength.

I put on parallel to the Craze the Pegasus for direct comparison and observed how both fragrances develop. Neither in the opening nor in the drydown were at least on my skin to perceive great differences. The durability was even slightly better than that of the Pegasus.
One perceives a similarly beautiful bitter almond as a dominant note, rounded off by a pleasant vanilla scent in the base. A real "delicious" fragrance for rather cold days and not for the warm summer.

He is in my opinion in no way inferior to the PDM. Even if the bottle of the Pegasus is a lot higher quality and more beautiful you should try this fragrance if you are a fan of this fragrance. Even from the easily dissolving plastic plate when removing the cap you should not be deterred.

One can argue about it but here is said: Super kopi...um...inspired.

Almond/Vanilla Dream
My first fragrance that relies so heavily on almond and I like it!
Opening is a bit too harsh and somehow synthetic, but it subsides after 1-2min and the beautiful almond/vanilla combination with light wood in the background dominates. Drydown has a wow effect for me. I have not often and last with TF Lost Cherry and PdM Layton.
I have never smelled Pegasus, but if they are so similar then it is not worth it because of the price difference. Durability and sillage are good but not extreme (2019 batch). Flacon not really nice but doesn't bother me.
A proof for me that good fragrances don't have to cost >100Euro and with many people you just pay the name!
CalisThenx
A journey through the Orient...
The first sprayer and I feel like in 1000 and one night!
I love spicy perfumes and this one smells like a bazaar in Cairo. To be honest I thought it smells completely different than I imagined it would, but in the end it smells even better Spices are thrown around here and unfortunately I can't identify every one of them. The strongest I take in the opening note is cumin, although the bergamot is hardly noticeable. But the cumin is really spicy. Then follows in the heart note the bitter almond which gives the fragrance something metallic. But this is not a hardened and cold metal, but one that you just pull out of the embers. But also the lavender and sage are very present. I also feel pepper in my nose that comes freshly ground Later, the vanilla joins in the base note and combines with the sandalwood to create a sonorous finish.

Dee fragrance is really great, also the durability is extremely good, even after swimming at the lake it was still very noticeable. I would estimate the durability at 10-12h.
But the bottle is underground...
But in the end it's all about the fragrance and it's really something special
Armaf
Very masculine and long lasting! Everything very fine and pleasantly interwoven with a beautiful, unobtrusive but certain Sillage especially with the price.
the durability of the fragrance relatively good. And I like the bottle very much, it looks very high quality
Condorpilot1
Please with lots of almond
"Craze" - to translate from the English with "madness", "crazy" or e.g. "mania" could suggest that this perfume could hold itself around a crazy fragrance bomb, which is created with the craziest components and creates an insanely unique aura around the wearer.

No, that's not so. It is, as typical of Armaf, "only" a clone of the popular perfume "Pegasus" by Parfums de Marly. The question is, of course, whether this fragrance is a successful clone, whether it comes close to Pegasus in character and whether it cuts a good figure in terms of price/performance ratio. In my eyes, Armaf has succeeded in doing so well with Club de Nuit Intense Men...

First of all, I had to search a little bit to get Armaf Craze at a good price. Although Craze was a blind purchase for me on the one hand, on the other hand I had a good idea of how he should smell. I tried Pegasus for the first time about two years ago in a perfumery and found it in short: Amazing! I hadn't smelled a fragrance with almond before but found this note in combination with creamy vanilla simply stunning. At Harrods in London I also became aware of "Profvumum Roma Confetto", which has a very similar character to Pegasus and also makes the almond a superstar.

Last week the package with Craze finally arrived (2015 batch) and already at the first spraying it said: "Hmmm there is the Pegasus!" But still something was a little bit different than with the idol. But what exactly, I could only test at home. Practically I have a small bottle of Pegasus with me, so that I could test Armaf Craze on one hand and Pegasus on the other hand.

The biggest difference is the opening of both fragrances. Pegasus starts much softer from the beginning. Almond is there but it is not as present as in Armaf Craze. Armaf has positioned the almond much more prominently and created a more bitter version compared to Pegasus. In addition, Craze has an ethereal smell that immediately reminded me of eucalyptus. I don't know where it comes from but I can feel it clearly for a few minutes. Maybe it's sage in the heart note, although for me it's actually more like eucalyptus. Craze also imitated the metallic note from Pegasus well. The creaminess of Pegasus, which has been there from the beginning, comes out more and more with every minute with Craze.

The latter is actually the special thing about Craze. While Pegasus is very linear from the beginning and changes only minimally, Craze has a slightly more exciting scent. While after a few hours with Pegasus the almond is hardly noticeable, with Craze it is constantly noticeable but gradually moves into the background. All in all, Craze is not quite as high quality. Nevertheless, Armaf Craze has a wonderful silage, which can be perceived for a long time.

After about an hour and a half the two scents on my skin are (hardly) distinguishable. I would most likely recognize Craze by the stronger almond note. But most people would probably think that it is the same perfume twice.

Nevertheless: if you don't want to spend all that money on Pegasus, Craze is the best choice! If you have the Pegasus DNA in your head, you may as well dare a blind buy from Craze and won't be disappointed. The fragrance character fits best to leisure events, autumn and spring. Anyway, I really like wearing it already now!
That's a Tolla Pegasus!
I don't want to leave out about the scent DNA here big. I'd like to say a few words about the original Pegasus by Parfums de Marley later, perhaps in autumn, when it's more in my nose again. because it hasn't let go of me for quite some time.
And because this is the case, I have taken a closer look at this sweet and distinctive fragrance in general, and at the almond creamy Pegasus DNA in particular. Two Pegasus bottlings and one Craze bottling later, I now allow myself to make a judgment.

Now I'm coming to Potty forever!

Yes, I do. Eat well, you hear?
Craze is, to anticipate it, a successful clone, which in my opinion doesn't even try to bring something of its own into it. It captures well Pegasus' sweet vanilla aura with the metallic almond note especially in the Sillage. You only have to take a cutback in the top note, and if you sniff directly at the point of entry. Here Pegasus appears much more valuable and harmonious. Also the initial alcohol note, which is common to many clones, is of course not present in the original. Craze scores however with a similarly present fragrance tail and with, at least on my skin, higher durability. And as I said, at arm's length the two are hardly distinguishable.

IT'S GOOD NOW. Come on, close up!

Yes, what should I say, the artistic appreciation, and a closer look at the fragrance, should take place elsewhere, at Pegasus. Honor to whom honor is due.

Whoever appreciates the silver horse just as much as I do, however, will have no hesitation and no morals about the price.

Craze is a Tolla Pegasus.

Emorandeira
Sweet and fresh vanilla & almond perfum
This scent is a good option for everyday use at everytime. It is easy to smell the vanilla, almond andbspices, and i can feel Also the piwdery vibe of the heliotrope . Ceaze has a good longevity but the projection and sillage are soft. 8 hour with a close yo skin vanilla aura. It really worths his price, more when oeople says that It is very similar to Pegasus by perfumes de Marly, qlduought i dont know if this is true cause i have never snelt that one. As being a soft and fresh scent It is suitable for summer days, even having a high dose of vanilla.
Armaf Craze
Beautiful almond and vanilla scent. I read that it's a good clone of Pegasus. Since I don't own Pegasus myself, I can't say anything about it.
A slightly sweet vanilla scent with an almost metallic almond note. It may not sound tempting, but it smells good! Wonderful scent!

DTCDTC 1 month ago
Es un 90% igual que Pegasus (PDM). Lo que no le hace justicia es esa pésima salida tan sintética y plasticosa, después, una maravilla
AdamStraightAdamStraight 4 months ago
Was forced by a Coworker several times to give out the name of this fragrance. After a long time of silence I answered with Pegasus :)
AnasaliAnasali 1 year ago
i like it ,i never owend pegasus but anyway it in the same line as Bogart pour homme and pure havane , bitter sweet patchouli scent .
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 2 years ago
Sweet & fresh vanilla, almond & spices scent with a floral/powdery vibe. Perfect to daily use in every swason of year...
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
Even if Craze is not a perfect clone of Parfums De Marly's Pegasus, it plays on with Almond and Vanilla and presents the same genetics.

by Surferbooi
by Surferbooi

Popular Armaf

Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Woman by Armaf Armaf Niche - Oud by Armaf Club de Nuit Sillage by Armaf Radical Brown by Armaf Tres Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Armaf Niche - Bucephalus No. XI by Armaf Club de Nuit Milestone by Armaf Ventana by Armaf Tag-Her (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Signature True by Armaf Club de Nuit Woman (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Shades Wood (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Futura La Homme by Armaf Le Parfait pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Hunter Intense (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Skin Couture Metallica by Armaf Armaf Niche - Sapphire by Armaf Tag-Her Prestige Edition by Armaf