Craze Eau de Parfum

Craze (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf

Craze (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Armaf for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Sterling Perfumes.

Top Notes Top NotesCumin, Heliotrope, Bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesBitter almond, Lavender, Sage, Jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vanilla, Amber

Submitted by WiseOwl, last update on 01.04.2020.

Condorpilot1
Please with lots of almond
"Craze" - to translate from the English with "madness", "crazy" or e.g. "mania" could suggest that this perfume could hold itself around a crazy fragrance bomb, which is created with the craziest components and creates an insanely unique aura around the wearer.

No, that's not so. It is, as typical of Armaf, "only" a clone of the popular perfume "Pegasus" by Parfums de Marly. The question is, of course, whether this fragrance is a successful clone, whether it comes close to Pegasus in character and whether it cuts a good figure in terms of price/performance ratio. In my eyes, Armaf has succeeded in doing so well with Club de Nuit Intense Men...

First of all, I had to search a little bit to get Armaf Craze at a good price. Although Craze was a blind purchase for me on the one hand, on the other hand I had a good idea of how he should smell. I tried Pegasus for the first time about two years ago in a perfumery and found it in short: Amazing! I hadn't smelled a fragrance with almond before but found this note in combination with creamy vanilla simply stunning. At Harrods in London I also became aware of "Profvumum Roma Confetto", which has a very similar character to Pegasus and also makes the almond a superstar.

Last week the package with Craze finally arrived (2015 batch) and already at the first spraying it said: "Hmmm there is the Pegasus!" But still something was a little bit different than with the idol. But what exactly, I could only test at home. Practically I have a small bottle of Pegasus with me, so that I could test Armaf Craze on one hand and Pegasus on the other hand.

The biggest difference is the opening of both fragrances. Pegasus starts much softer from the beginning. Almond is there but it is not as present as in Armaf Craze. Armaf has positioned the almond much more prominently and created a more bitter version compared to Pegasus. In addition, Craze has an ethereal smell that immediately reminded me of eucalyptus. I don't know where it comes from but I can feel it clearly for a few minutes. Maybe it's sage in the heart note, although for me it's actually more like eucalyptus. Craze also imitated the metallic note from Pegasus well. The creaminess of Pegasus, which has been there from the beginning, comes out more and more with every minute with Craze.

The latter is actually the special thing about Craze. While Pegasus is very linear from the beginning and changes only minimally, Craze has a slightly more exciting scent. While after a few hours with Pegasus the almond is hardly noticeable, with Craze it is constantly noticeable but gradually moves into the background. All in all, Craze is not quite as high quality. Nevertheless, Armaf Craze has a wonderful silage, which can be perceived for a long time.

After about an hour and a half the two scents on my skin are (hardly) distinguishable. I would most likely recognize Craze by the stronger almond note. But most people would probably think that it is the same perfume twice.

Nevertheless: if you don't want to spend all that money on Pegasus, Craze is the best choice! If you have the Pegasus DNA in your head, you may as well dare a blind buy from Craze and won't be disappointed. The fragrance character fits best to leisure events, autumn and spring. Anyway, I really like wearing it already now!
That's a Tolla Pegasus!
I don't want to leave out about the scent DNA here big. I'd like to say a few words about the original Pegasus by Parfums de Marley later, perhaps in autumn, when it's more in my nose again. because it hasn't let go of me for quite some time.
And because this is the case, I have taken a closer look at this sweet and distinctive fragrance in general, and at the almond creamy Pegasus DNA in particular. Two Pegasus bottlings and one Craze bottling later, I now allow myself to make a judgment.

Now I'm coming to Potty forever!

Yes, I do. Eat well, you hear?
Craze is, to anticipate it, a successful clone, which in my opinion doesn't even try to bring something of its own into it. It captures well Pegasus' sweet vanilla aura with the metallic almond note especially in the Sillage. You only have to take a cutback in the top note, and if you sniff directly at the point of entry. Here Pegasus appears much more valuable and harmonious. Also the initial alcohol note, which is common to many clones, is of course not present in the original. Craze scores however with a similarly present fragrance tail and with, at least on my skin, higher durability. And as I said, at arm's length the two are hardly distinguishable.

IT'S GOOD NOW. Come on, close up!

Yes, what should I say, the artistic appreciation, and a closer look at the fragrance, should take place elsewhere, at Pegasus. Honor to whom honor is due.

Whoever appreciates the silver horse just as much as I do, however, will have no hesitation and no morals about the price.

Craze is a Tolla Pegasus.

Emorandeira
Sweet and fresh vanilla & almond perfum
This scent is a good option for everyday use at everytime. It is easy to smell the vanilla, almond andbspices, and i can feel Also the piwdery vibe of the heliotrope . Ceaze has a good longevity but the projection and sillage are soft. 8 hour with a close yo skin vanilla aura. It really worths his price, more when oeople says that It is very similar to Pegasus by perfumes de Marly, qlduought i dont know if this is true cause i have never snelt that one. As being a soft and fresh scent It is suitable for summer days, even having a high dose of vanilla.
Armaf Craze
Beautiful almond and vanilla scent. I read that it's a good clone of Pegasus. Since I don't own Pegasus myself, I can't say anything about it.
A slightly sweet vanilla scent with an almost metallic almond note. It may not sound tempting, but it smells good! Wonderful scent!

Darkbeat
An elegant and well-made perfume.
Some time ago, I had the opportunity to try "Pegasus" of Parfums de Marly, but not enough to make a review about it, although, yes, I left its mark, and I would risk to say that this Craze de Armaf is very similar, at least it is almost identical to the memory I have of "Pegasus", except for one thing, this Craze is cooler and more versatile, much easier to dress, it is as if it were the "Eau de Toilette" of "Pegasus" , and that its duration and wake are very good.

The conjunction Almond, Vanilla and Heliotrope are the protagonists of this perfume, and can be felt from the start, here, in a very subtle way, accompanying bergamot, sage and a little bit of cumin, this output is fresh and very aromatic . Then, this triad acquires prominence in its middle phase, with a few strokes of jasmine, lavender and the first pulses of sandalwood, this part is sweet, floral and delicate, a very refined aroma, extremely graceful and delicate. In its final drying, this trio protagonist loses steam and leaves the limelight to amber and sandalwood, a very comforting and sweet base, in which a vaporous almond-shaped vanilla tinkles with a small floral nuance, which is a delight and frankly beautiful.

This perfume is marked as masculine, but I see unisex traits, like the perfume in which it is inspired. A woman could carry it perfectly without any problem.

The performance is very good, in my skin lasts about 7 hours, with a moderate wake at the beginning, and progressively down to skin level, a few hours before dying fused with the skin.

As for its use, you could say that it is a perfume of temperate climates, spring and autumn would be its optimal seasons, I get the impression that the cold and excessive heat, would not get along with such a delicate aroma, although, everything is to experiment and see what happens. Its beautiful fragrance could dress equally, both day and night, in that aspect I do not think it is a perfume of difficult choice.

If we put in a shaker its price, its aroma and its performance, we would get a highly recommended cocktail for those who like this kind of delicate aromas, sweet, and why not, elegant, to me, particularly, it is a perfume that I like much.

Armaf went Crazy with Craze
Craze another Gem from Armaf

SOTD (Scent of the Day) 12/05/18

Originality/Uniqueness: similar to Parfums de Marly: 7.5/10: Pegasus Don't have Pegasus to compare it to

Scent: 7.5/10

Longevity/Performance: 9 /10: lasted on my skin for 10-12+ hrs

Value: 10/10

Overall: 8/10

A must have!!!
Cuckoo
Dear committee, it speaks to you Dr. F.Lakon, a specialist in the field of unexplored
Odours.

Dear colleagues,

after years of research, I succeeded in discovering the so-called cuckoo scent.
Many studies and hundreds of laboratory tests, as well as countless hours of analysis
brought me to the conclusion that it exists.

I present the Craze.

*Cuckoo*

Yes, in his first phase he reminds a bit of Reflection Man or Le Male, doesn't he?
Come closer and marvel. I just put it on and... where's it going?
Well I have to say that it also surprised me and even if I myself
Pegasus from Marly, this seems to be a very nice fragrance.
Maybe it's caraway?
Lavender? Why this similarity to both first mentioned?

Ah there he is again.

Now at further consideration we find that he is much easier than assumed.
Here you could quickly get the idea that this craze is unisex.

So let's have a look..........where is he again?

Well, they realize it's not that easy to grab that kind of scent.
When I got a sample at that time (many thanks to Gekko) I was positive about...*Kuckkuck*

Ah there's the sly one again.
Now you can convince yourself that it smells lightly of sage and lavender and it.................
he's gone.

Let's use the small interruption for a specific analysis.
The prelude, as well as the almost entire linear course is unobtrusive, lighter and
fresher than expected and here it comes to *Kuckuckuck*

Use quickly the possibility here again a little of that to catch,
what we were just talking about, because..........oh away isser.

So then it remains for me to say in conclusion that this game can last a few hours.
So you can say that you smell, but you don't know when.
This can be a very personal fate, which I understandably *Kuckuck*

also the oddest to be used is the amplifier.

Now he's gone.

Strong appearance
At first I thought right after spraying that I should take a little more so that it would last the whole day because it didn't seem so strong to me. So I took a few more sprayers, but I didn't exaggerate either. Behind the ears, at the neck and in the neck twice each. Then I rode my bike to the office - very comfortably and without hurry. It was cool outside, and I didn't sweat. Alone during the ride through the strong wind some of the scent molecules are already playing the flute again, but what the hell, a good scent has to endure that ;-). Arriving at the office, I made myself comfortable on my desk chair. It didn't take long, and the first question arose as to who had scented himself here, but the colleague was not in the immediate vicinity (approx. 2 away). So a good sign that the projection works very well.

Nobody has expressed himself negatively or positively, which is not necessarily bad for a men's office. Because if something smells extremely negative, or stinks as you say, then it is usually already articulated. Conversely, you will rarely hear "Mmmmh, but you smell good" from man to man. That's what the women say to the men, but since I didn't meet a colleague today, I'll test it out at a later date.

Personally, I find the fragrance very appealing and pleasant. You can wear it anytime and anywhere, and I think it will go down well with most people, whether man or woman. It still climbs into my nose after about 8 hours and still sticks well to the T-shirt. I can't see it on my forearm anymore, it's gone. I would say that it radiates a good 4-5 hours beautifully and is perceptible in the immediate vicinity (air-conditioned office). Especially the price in comparison to e.g. Marly Pegasus you can't complain here.

Carlitos01
The Armaf niche successeful first attempt (but forget about the bottle)
If Armaf Craze is a bang on clone of Perfumes de Marly Pegasus, I must conclude that Pegasus must be a very good fragrance.
Craze is a metrosexual manly scent ("metrosexual manly" sounds strange but it's my opinion), a bit sweet and creamy (vanilla and almond), a bit floral (heliotrope, lavender, jasmine and sage), a bit spicy (cumin) and a bit woody and resinous (sandalwood and amber drydown).
This fragrance presents an outstanding value for money. I'll explain this with my ratings:

My rates for Armaf Craze:
- Scent:.............................8.5 (my judgement, classy and hard to beat as an Sweet, Creamy, Oriental, Fougére)
- Scent Drydown:............8.5
- Longevity:......................8.0 ( > 8 hours, 3 initial sprays)
- Sillage:...........................8.0 (sillage peak at 5~6 feet, projection for > 2.5 hours, 3 sprays)
- Versatility:.....................8.5 (quite versatile, very alluring and manly)
- Wearability:...................8.5 (just avoid using it during the Summer or in very hot days; very good for the other seasons, day or night)
- Compliments................9.0 (very serious compliment grabber)
- Uniqueness:..................9.5 (not a 10 because many people say it is a clone of Pegasus but costs 7~8 times less)
- Quality:..........................9.5 (it smells very expensive and classy)
- Presentation:................2.5 (bad taste, ugly and tacky bottle; I I want to think of an example as bad as this one Armaf de la Marque Brune comes to my mind; I just have a plastic bottle of Nenuco in my drawer that I consider even less apealing than this flask)
- Price:..............................9.5 (€21,00 for 100 ml non tester + shipping)

Average: 8.18/10.00 (8,75/10,00 if I discard the presentation bad mark; one of this days Armaf will make an elegant and beautifully designed bottle; in the meantime hide the Armaf bottles in the back of your closet.)

Very good fragrance; I do recommend it; You just have to hide it in the back of your closet due to the ugliness of the tacky bottle.

PDM Pegasus true clone
this is a true clone to one of my all time favorites Parfum De Marly Pegasus, at about a 10%-20% the price! there are not many true clones of a niche house but this one is the absolute best I have seen! there is how ever a little thicker when first going on with the original the armaf craze is actually a little lighter! which some people will like. $22-$35 is well worth every cent

AnasaliAnasali 7 months ago
i like it ,i never owend pegasus but anyway it in the same line as Bogart pour homme and pure havane , bitter sweet patchouli scent .
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 10 months ago
Sweet & fresh vanilla, almond & spices scent with a floral/powdery vibe. Perfect to daily use in every swason of year...
Carlitos01Carlitos01 20 months ago
Even if Craze is not a perfect clone of Parfums De Marly's Pegasus, it plays on with Almond and Vanilla and presents the same genetics.

Popular Armaf

Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense by Armaf Tres Nuit (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Bucephalus No. XI by Armaf Armaf Niche - Oud by Armaf Ventana by Armaf Signature True by Armaf Shades Wood (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Le Parfait pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Tag-Her Prestige Edition by Armaf Futura La Homme by Armaf Radical Brown by Armaf Just For You pour Homme by Armaf El Cielo by Armaf Club de Nuit Milestone by Armaf Tag-Her (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf Shades (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Tag-Him (Eau de Toilette) by Armaf Armaf Niche - Black Onyx by Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man (Eau de Parfum) by Armaf