Arno Sorel Aromatic

Arno Sorel Aromatic by Arno Sorel
9.0 / 10     1 RatingRatingsRatings
Arno Sorel Aromatic is a perfume by Arno Sorel for men. The release year is unknown. The scent is green-spicy. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesEucalyptus, Lavender, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesArtemisia, Caraway, Oakmoss
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by LuckyDog, last update on 29.10.2018.

Elysium
Rochas Man, Ted Lapidus pour Lui, or what?
I have read many reviews about Arno Sorel Aromatic, and most of them state it is very similar to Rochas Man. I have to admit I am not familiar with Rochas Man at all, but reviewers rated it as a very good scent and I just trusted 'em and decided to buy AS Aromatic. In the end, I found it for 9.90€, which was worth it anyhow.

Well, as soon as I sprayed it on my hand, it immediately reminded me of a scent I used a few years ago, and... gotcha! It's very very similar to TL pour Lui, absolutely. Perhaps, the opening is not the same, however as time goes by they seem alike.
Just to be sure, I compared the fragrance notes and found quite a few commonalities: lavender, vanilla, sandalwood, and patchouli just to mention a few. Being that combination even present in Rochas Man, that's why the three of them smell quite similar.

In my opinion, AS Aromatic suits both fall and winter seasons, it is warm, not overpowering, fougère, powdery, bittersweet and woody. Despite the presence of oakmoss and patchouli, it is not a chypre due to the absence of a sparkling citrus accord. The scent opens up green and aromatic, then turns spicy and mossy, and afterward dries down a bit creamy, earthy, with a sweet touch of vanilla.

After 3 hours I can still smell it, and it smells good, so manly and not too sweet, rather dry I would hazard. I think it's amazing, the dry down reminds me CK Obsession for Men, another winter gem that I love, so damn powdery, definitely! For just less than 10 euro I believe it is a nice fragrance.

-Elysium