The Architects Club (2014)

The Architects Club by Arquiste

The Architects Club is a popular perfume by Arquiste for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-woody. It is still in production.

Yann Vasnier

Top Notes Top NotesJuniper berry, Angelica root, Bitter orange, Lemon, Italian bergamot, French clary sage, Lavender
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Pepperwood™, Cardamom seed, Cardamom absolute, Coriander seed, Nutmeg, Blackcurrant bud absolute, Orris absolute
Base Notes Base NotesParaguayan gaiac wood, Oak wood, Cedarwood, Cypriol, Haitian vetiver, Vanilla absolute, Ambermax®, Ambrettolide

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 01.10.2019

A Tale of Regret, Tragedy, and Vanilla
I have had my eye on the Architect's Club for a while. Someday I would be the wearer of this scent. Yes, it would adorn my wrists, and I too would smell like new offices, paper, and something like success. That was the dream; now behold my tragedy.

This scent goes on smelling like vetiver (pepperwood probably) and vanilla, but separate notes. Vanilla? Yes. I catch my breath. There it is, listed as a base note. My dream, my glorious dream is falling like a city being shaken apart -- but the destruction pauses suddenly and completely, as the notes blend together to create a harmonious whole -- only for a moment. Soon, vanilla takes over, moving the whole from an acceptable warm gourmand-like scent into utter vanilla domination. The city of my dreams falls apart around me.

I scour the ruins for some hope, and find it only in the projection (2'-3') and the duration (12 hours at least). An accord of sour flower shows up late in the day, but that doesn't atone for the olfactory ruination.

The next day, I revisit the scene, wearing the scent on the back of my wrists. This allows the bergamot to show, but the scent turns foul, entering the hated Pi-like realm of skanky vanilla (this is equivalent to finding a dead body amid the destruction).

What the fragrance was trying to do is evoke a classy, confident man, and I wish it could have gotten there. Sadly, it's nowhere near as effective as Bulgari pour Homme, which I will buy more of, and this, I will be glad I only bought a sample.

Behold my tragedy and weep for my broken heart and my malodorous skin.
8.0 3.0 3.0 7.5/10

Where do I join?
There are perfumes you love on first application and those that take time to show their beauty. Architects Club is the latter. Don't go for this if you want a vanilla scent like I did: the vanilla is very much an abstract idea in this perfume. It is slight, smoky and as the description implies, very white.

The fresh opening reminiscent of gin is very much the star here: fresh, uplifting, revitalizing. I love to spray this all over when I feel tired (and you can overspray since this is an ethereal scent). I don't know if its the ad copy that makes me think of British gentlemen or all the British shows I'm always watching, but this would be perfect on a suit-wearing, just scrubbed clean Brit who just put on a crisp white shirt.

Soon the woody vanilla juniper cocktail arrives and captivates. I find the juniper the most interesting moment of the composition. A true perfume, with nuances and completely unrelated and juxtaposed notes, is what we have here. A master perfumer achieves something surprising and here that is on show. If this perfume is what it takes to join the Architects Club, sign me up.

Popular Arquiste

Anima Dulcis by Arquiste Aleksandr by Arquiste Nanban by Arquiste Flor y Canto by Arquiste The Architects Club by Arquiste L'Etrog by Arquiste Fleur de Louis by Arquiste Infanta en Flor by Arquiste Boutonnière N° 7 by Arquiste Ella by Arquiste L'Etrog Acqua by Arquiste Él by Arquiste Sydney Rock Pool by Arquiste No. 57 by Arquiste Misfit by Arquiste Esencia de El Palacio - Limoneros by Arquiste Esencia de El Palacio - Guayabos by Arquiste No. 31 by Arquiste Esencia de El Palacio - Magnolios by Arquiste Esencia de El Palacio - Azahares by Arquiste