Fleur de Louis 2011

Fleur de Louis by Arquiste
Fleur de Louis is a perfume by Arquiste for women and men and was released in 2011. The scent is floral-woody. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesNeroliNeroli GalbanumGalbanum French cypressFrench cypress BergamotBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom Jasmine absoluteJasmine absolute CloveClove Rose waterRose water
Base Notes Base NotesFlorentine irisFlorentine iris VetiverVetiver CedarwoodCedarwood AmberAmber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 29.09.2022.

1 in-depth fragrance description

Descends into cologne
I find the first spritz from the sample quite pleasant, a slightly herbal flurry of a vague, can't pin it down, citrus, then a little flowery but very light.

It develops on me very tea like which again is pleasant, but all too quickly it morphs into a modern rendition of a 4711 (it doesn't smell like 4711) cologne scent . Underpinning it all is the airy fairy woody, not woody, floaty in the air type of feeling and scent that I absolutely abhor , no doubt because it makes me feel a little unwell.

It ends up with a raw shampoo type of smell, a bit like the bubble blowing kits rather than modern shampoo formulas.

I find it very sweet but not in the gourmand caramel way but in that woody/not woody, floral/not-floral, herbal but reminding of nothing, shampoo type of way.

But there we are, we all smell what we smell and I can imagine if I caught a whiff of this dancing on the air as someone passed me on the street that I would think it quite nice, but to have around me all day - oh dear me no.

2 short views on the fragrance
DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 2 years ago
Reminds of EA Green Tea but much weaker. A rather bland rendition of jasmine tea and orange blossom. To me way too pricey for what it is .
CymCym 5 years ago
To me, Fleur de Louis very clearly evokes a bag of dry black tea with dried jasmine and orange blossom petals. A subtle and classy scent.

Images

1 fragrance photo of the community

Popular by Arquiste

The Architects Club by Arquiste Nanban by Arquiste Anima Dulcis by Arquiste L'Etrog Acqua by Arquiste Él by Arquiste Misfit by Arquiste Aleksandr by Arquiste Boutonnière N° 7 by Arquiste L'Etrog by Arquiste Infanta en Flor by Arquiste Flor y Canto by Arquiste Ella by Arquiste Sydney Rock Pool by Arquiste Peau by Arquiste No. 57 by Arquiste Indigo Smoke by Arquiste Esencia de El Palacio - Limoneros by Arquiste Esencia de El Palacio - Guayabos by Arquiste No. 31 by Arquiste Esencia de El Palacio - Magnolios by Arquiste