Bergamote Soleil (2016)

Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne
Bergamote Soleil (Atelier Cologne)

Bergamote Soleil is a popular perfume by Atelier Cologne for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed, Ivory Coast bitter orange, Calabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesGuatemala cardamom, Provençal lavender, Egyptian jasmine
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, Slovene oakmoss, White amber

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 20.09.2018

Sweet & Sour Bergamot... the best there is?
Well, I haven't tried a fragrance that focused unashamedly on the Bergamot note before. Bergamot is such a workhorse note which helps so many fragrances (for example every chypre has to have bergamot). In fact, some of the most classic fragrances out there would not exist without Bergmot, so it is a seminal note in perfumery.

In this fantastic example from Atelier Cologne, the note is given it's full space to breathe, it is at the centre of the party... the star attraction. I personally find this one very tart. Tart and sour in fact. It is sour and tangy and you can almost taste it, the high quality bergamot oil used here. It is bold and green and oily and sour, with hints of both bitterness and sweetness around the edges. Really good quality. In terms of performance I have to say it's not as strong as I thought it would be, but it does last a while.

Ultimately, I think that because of it's sheer simplicity, it's not something that attracts me. What I mean to say by that is, I'm not a fan of a purely bergamot note. I like bergamot in all my favourite fragrances, but this is like pure, high quality, zesty bergamot oil. It's quality is undeniable, but purely for my own tastes, I go for other citrus fragrances. If you are a fan of green, zesty citrus, then by all means do try this one out, as it is highly recommended. For myself, I own other fragrances from this house which I prefer, and I will continue to try more fragrances from this house as well.
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 6.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
A pleasant surprise.
It is a citrus scent that as its name indicates its base is bergamot, has a touch between bitter and sweet, is very pleasant to carry with temperatures of more than 26 degrees.

When it begins to settle, lavender is perceived, a cardamom that does not overwhelm; the jasmine makes it sweeten something until you begin to see the evolution of moss, vetiver and amber, which gives you some longevity without forgetting that it is a citrus.

This house I do not know how it will evolve with its sale, my perfumes are previous to that date, you never take a surprise but they are always very pleasant perfumes to wear.

• Badewetter: Schaaatz, bringst du mir mal die Sonnencreme... by TomLavender
  • Der Sommer wird heiss! by TomLavender
  • by Viola8 by Viola8
  • by Carlossp by Carlossp

Popular Atelier Cologne

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini by Atelier Cologne Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne Silver Iris by Atelier Cologne Gold Leather by Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds by Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) by Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne Sous Le Toit de Paris by Atelier Cologne Tobacco Nuit by Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir by Atelier Cologne Café Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne