Café Tuberosa 2017

Café Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne
Café Tuberosa is a popular perfume by Atelier Cologne for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-gourmand. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Sicilian mandarin orange, Guatemala cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesIndian tuberose, Damask rose absolute, Espresso
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli, Madagascan vanilla, Ivory Coast cocoa absolute

Submitted by Michael, last update on 12.11.2020.

Carboytony
Rich and lush but not for everyday
On my skin, I get a quick hit of citrus, Bergamot and Mandarin, with beautiful spicy cardamom on the top notes. We then move into rich, freshly brewed espresso and potent, luscious cacao. Hints of sweet and creamy vanilla marry in throughout the entire wearing. This is a nice scent, though not one I can see myself wearing often.
Coffee with tuberose aroma
Hello you scent freaks! I greet you once again to a new comment from me. Today I'm talking about one of my favourite brands, namely Atelier Cologne. Even though at least half of the fragrances are rather average for me, I think that the brand still has some highlights to offer, comes in beautiful flacons and I simply love everything, especially the summery fresh scents like Bergamot Soleil or Orange Sanguine.

Today I'll try Café Tuberosa. A fragrance that is supposed to smell like the beloved hot drink as well as flowers, of which once again I don't know what they look like at all (which means I have to google again and again what these flowers look like...) In any case, you can be curious how it might smell, because coffee is something like tea, which always tastes delicious and smells good. And unlike tea, by the way, I don't think it's bad or even delicious to drink coffee with milk (but tea with milk is and remains barbaric! That's disgusting, man... even worse would be hot water with milk, just like the British drink it, at least in Asterix with the British :D).

Bah, tea with milk, that's... oops, I'm rambling again. But surely some of you will comment that especially East Frisian tea with milk is so great :DD
All right, before I digress any further, I'll get back to this scent. And since I like the smell of coffee, I'm really excited about it. Especially unbrewed powdered coffee is really great, the scent you like to inhale every now and then when you open the coffee can (or the package, if you open it again) and stick your nose into it (so into the package, NOT into the coffee :D). With scents, this scent is never that intense, but you'll see what the scent is like right away. I start to sniff then!

The smell:
The fragrance begins with a mix of café and patchouli, as well as a slightly chocolaty scent. To start with, there are fresher scents like lemons for a very short time. The earthy patchouli quickly fades away or at least weakens, so that the café mix is now much more in tune with the chocolate or cocoa, which is a nice combination, especially if powdery, soft vanilla notes are added.
Only a little later you can still smell a mix of coffee, some patchouli and cocoa. But of course everything seems to be very perfumed, so that the coffee scent is not very authentic anymore and is more hinted but still smells nice. There are also the flowery-sweet scents like tuberoses, now mixed with slightly sour roses, which also seem to become more and more intense.
In the end, I smell patchouli again, as well as continuing sweet scents that remind me of a nice mix of vanilla, cocoa and a little tonka bean. The vegetable sweetness is now less or I just don't recognize these vegetable sweet scents so well. At the very end, you can already guess that almost only the powdery vanilla remains.

The Sillage and the durability:
The Sillage is okay, not a firecracker, but not so weak that you would have to get extremely close to smell the scent on you. So for a while you are wrapped in a small but fine fragrance cloud and you emit a sweetish-smooth scent. I also found the shelf life to be okay with over six or seven hours!

The bottle! The bottle is rectangular with rounded edges. A red, patterned label runs from one part of the front to the back, on which the brand name is written in haptically slightly raised lettering. Depending on the size of the bottle, the lid can be wrapped in leather or simply chrome-plated. At first glance, AC's flacons may look quite simple, but together with the beautiful labels, they all in all look simply beautiful.

Conclusion:
Soo people, that was Café Tuberosa. A beautiful fragrance with a suitably chosen name, as it smells of coffee, tuberose and also roses, especially at the beginning. The fragrance is for me an all-rounder, because despite autumnal scents like vanilla it doesn't smell very intense after the individual fragrances and therefore moderately sprayed on it could actually be worn even in spring.

For me, it suits well for going out because of its lovely soft and sweet scent, but could also be used every day. Frahlinglovers could take a look in here, or should I rather say: put a nose in it? D
Anyway, for me it is one of the great Atelier Cologne fragrances and despite the unisex statement it is a bit more feminine and therefore more for the ladies here.

You shouldn't necessarily expect anything extraordinary, as I'm missing a bit of the "wow" effect and the fragrance loses its sillage a bit quickly, but still it smells nice, so you could try it, especially if you like coffee notes. I'm not sure about tuberoses, but I don't find the scent very flowery, especially not at the end, and I also think that the roses were more noticeable in the middle part.

Well, no matter, scent perceptions are always different, maybe you smell something completely different and then you really know, unlike me, whether you can smell flowers or not. And I... well... this summer I should really try to learn at least some basic flowers, what they look like and stuff, like tulips, daisies or immortals... whereby the latter sounds like a superhero group: The immortals! Mu ha ha ha ha, okay okay okay, I'm gone already :DD

So take care and have a nice evening! So long :)

Starbucks Mocha
The very first minute of Café Tuberosa indeed smells like the aromatic, bitter astringency of coffee to me. But it soon gets overrode by rich cacao, and the fragrance smells more like a cup of sweet mocha with a bar of dark chocolate than black coffee. There is also a subtle boozy impression during this mocha phase, probably due to the presence of rose and sweet citrus.

I didn't expect the tuberose here to be a carnal witch, but still, to my disappointment, this enchanting flower is close to non-existent in Café Tuberosa on my skin. What I get, is a vague floral undercurrent that can be attributed to almost any common floral notes if you will, and a creamy sweetness of artificial vanilla. This sweet creaminess initially enriches the mocha and makes it more unctuous, but eventually softens and the mocha fades into the background after about 2 hours.

Afterwards, the clean patchouli and the rose assert themselves upon the vanilla and the tobacco-ish remnant of cacao, and create a somewhat ripe prune effect in a cocoon of velvet. This dry down indeed reminds me of that of Tom Ford Noir de Noir with slightly less complexity. The sillage is rather close to my skin, while the longevity is just above 6 hours.

All in all, I enjoyed Café Tuberosa, especially its initial mocha phase. As a gourmand fragrance, its sweetness is not over the top and overall I find it easy to appreciate as long as one enjoys chocolate-dominant fragrances. However, the execution of various notes, especially the tuberose and the patchouli, still has a strong commercial identity. The fragrance reminds me of a cup of Starbucks mocha, it's pleasant to drink but clearly feels standardised. I would recommend it to gourmand fans of mocha and dark chocolate, but not to those who are expecting a special tuberose or realistic black coffee.

LexaLexa 2 years ago
Is it just me or Café Tuberosa is a very pretty Noir de Noir Tom Ford version by Atelier Cologne?! That certainly is a reason for wishlist!
ReniferkaReniferka 2 years ago
Rather Cafe Rosa. Superb espresso note but vanishes quickly, then plenty of rose & chocolaty patchouli with a hint of washed out tuberose.

by Jensemann
by Jensemann
by Parfuniverse
by Parfuniverse
Einladung zu einem Retro-Kaffee ....
by OvidiuH
by Carboytony
by Elucci
by Elucci

Popular Atelier Cologne

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir by Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne Gold Leather by Atelier Cologne Mimosa Indigo by Atelier Cologne Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne Patchouli Riviera / Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne Tobacco Nuit by Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne Musc Impérial by Atelier Cologne Clémentine California by Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) by Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan by Atelier Cologne Pacific Lime by Atelier Cologne Citron d'Érable by Atelier Cologne