Citron d'Érable (2016)

Citron d'Érable by Atelier Cologne

Citron d'Érable is a popular limited perfume by Atelier Cologne for women and men and was released in 2016. The scent is citrusy-fruity. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Limited Edition

Top Notes Top NotesMaple syrup, Calabrian mandarin, Sicilian lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesChinese sichuan pepper, Californian eucalyptus, French blackcurrant
Base Notes Base NotesCanadian maple wood, Canadian cedarwood, Canadian sequoia

Submitted by CPL, last update on 13.10.2019.

10.0 5.0 5.0 8.5/10

50/50=100% unisex
So, as of today, I am in possession of the Citron d'Erable. My first fragrance from the company.

Flacon of the perfume makes my eyes happy and the tension rise. It was a blind purchase, I absolutely wanted a fresh fragrance of this series with a small 30 ml bottle with matching leather cover and this appealed to me from the composition.
So now the tie is 50% female and 50% male, owners here at Parfumo. But only 12 people have the Zitrönchen.

It starts with a lively, juicy, sweet-sour-fruity, natural-looking lemon. The comparison with the candy is also understandable by me.
Then, so after 10 minutes it becomes ethereal-clearing, further lemony - the sweetness flies away, as another fruit now also the currant warm-able, it now becomes tart and fresh, even slightly maritime-spicy and thus refreshing.
After 1 hour it becomes closer to the skin, calmer due to woody elements: fresh, spicy, woody and also very slightly woody-warm-wohny with recurring light sweetness, no longer citrus, but still currant fruity, balsamic, very restrained resinous-oily.
So he stays then another 2 hours.
Ohh, that's fine!
No, it's beautiful!!

... and what does he say?
" Unisex? - Mmmh, I think he's more feminine."
After 15 minutes:
"Oh, that's good. If you can put it on my shelf, I like it!"

I find the blue color choice of the flacon, respectively the label / case in yellow, very significant and suitable!
8.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

EmergeR
Childhood memory of lemon drops
I admit that I like a lot of fragrances from Atelier Cologne. I was all the more delighted when the Bon Voyage collection was finally available from us (a distributor from Austria had probably secured 2 years of exclusive distribution in Austria before that).
I find all the fragrances in the collection very successful, but I have a special relationship with Citron d'Érable in particular. The scent immediately reminded me of the sweet lemon candies my father had in his car for many years in a tin can. I think they were fruit candies from Kalfany - and often, when I was travelling with my father in the car as a "little plug", I asked him if I could take one of his fruit candies. As simple as it was, it was something very special for me and I still associate it with him today, although he hasn't been with us for some time.
The fragrance is fruity-sweet for me, but not so sugary that it would be unwearable for a man. The durability is, as usual from Atelier Cologne, quite remarkable for a citrus fragrance. And besides its sweet freshness, it has something warm and enveloping at the same time. For me - apart from my personal memory - an absolute feel-good scent, although I don't necessarily want to wear it every day.

Itchynose 7 months ago
Fresh and sweet citrus-blackcurrant combo with a hint of maple syrup in the opening, drying down to soft, pleasant maple and sequoia woods.+1

Popular Atelier Cologne

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini by Atelier Cologne Silver Iris by Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) by Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds by Atelier Cologne Gold Leather by Atelier Cologne Patchouli Riviera / Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir by Atelier Cologne Café Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne Tobacco Nuit by Atelier Cologne Clémentine California by Atelier Cologne