Grand Néroli (2010)

Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne

Grand Néroli is a popular perfume by Atelier Cologne for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Cécile Hua

Top Notes Top NotesMoroccan neroli, Paraguayan petigrain, Calabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesScandinavian birch leaf, Persian galbanum, Slovene oakmoss
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Madagascan vanilla, Virginia cedar

Submitted by DeGe53, last update on 27.08.2019

8.0 5.0 6.0 7.0/10

No surprise
I always liked the perfumes with Neroli as a base in summer, the penalty is its duration, this particular is very linear, but at all times has the seal of Atelier, good products and look natural.

The difference you notice with Neroli Portofino from T.Ford is that of T.F. is explosive output, but lasts 20 minutes, this does not have that explosion, but lasts much longer, taking into account that it is a neroli and citric.

LicoriceRain
Grand Néroli is a strange scent.
Grand Néroli has a familiar, natural smell I can’t quite place. It reminds me of an essential oil shop at a mall in Dallas I’ve been to, years ago, but not sure which oil(s) give it that smell. Seems very linear to me, and although it isn’t really unpleasant, it’s strange. I don’t think I want to smell like this. UPDATE: I am certainly not sure, but I suspect that strange smell might actually be what neroli smells like. Not bad, but still linear.
5.0 5.0 6.0/10

Am I missing something?
A few of the Atelier Cologne "concentrated colognes"--or whatever they are called--feature detectable neroli notes, so I gather that the creative team loves neroli. This particular entry, GRAND NEROLI, is obviously intended to be a virtual neroli soliflore--and it really is. I tried and tried to come up with some other note possibilities, but all I could detect was a greenish neroli. So maybe some green notes along with neroli? I thought.

The official notes include galbanum and moss, so that's the green. But there's also birch, vanilla, white amber (not even sure what that is...), and an opening blitz of citrus: lemon, petit grain, neroli, and bergamot.

To me, GRAND NEROLI smells like a fine neroli cologne, no more and no less. It's more refined than 4711, obviously, and less loud and penetrating than Tom Ford NEROLI PORTOFINO. So, yes, this is a good neroli cologne, but that's about it. I feel somehow that I am missing something when I see all of these rave ratings. I mean, folks: it's a neroli cologne, after all. How excited can I get?

Abitvintage
Almost like Avon Herve Leger Femme minus the woody notes.
Neroli is one of my favorite notes. I really like it here in Grand Neroli because I find it soft and fresh with a hint of sweetness from the yummy vanilla. Interestingly the dry-down in Grand Neroli smells very much like the dry-down of the very affordable Avon Herve Leger Femme, minus the woody notes that HL has. GN is probably my 2nd favorite Atelier right next to Orange Sanguine.

Itchynose 6 months ago
Accomplished, fresh clean scent but the neroli, petigrain and bergamot opening combo is reminiscent of countless other citrusy colognes.

by Turandot
by Flavorite
by Pepper81
by Pepper81

Popular Atelier Cologne

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini by Atelier Cologne Silver Iris by Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds by Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) by Atelier Cologne Gold Leather by Atelier Cologne Patchouli Riviera / Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir by Atelier Cologne Café Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne Tobacco Nuit by Atelier Cologne Clémentine California by Atelier Cologne