Orange Sanguine (2010)

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne

Orange Sanguine is a popular perfume by Atelier Cologne for women and men and was released in 2010. The scent is fruity-citrusy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Ralf Schwieger

Top Notes Top NotesSpanish bitter orange, Italian blood orange, Red mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesSouth African geranium, Egyptian jasmine, Madagascan black pepper
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian sandalwood, Brazilian tonka bean, Texas cedar

Submitted by Eternity, last update on 15.04.2019

7.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

A large red orange
This is orange in its entirety, the other components are mere companions.

This perfume is the process of eating a blood orange, from its peeling by hand, filling your fingers with liquid, until you eat it and drain some of its juice.

This perfume is to my modest opinion the best perfume of oranges that I have tried, superior without hesitation to Eau d'Orange Verte de Hermes.

No matter that your longevity and sillage is low, while it lasts is a joy.

Meh....
As the name may let you assume, Orange Sanguine opens with a zesty, fairly realistic, yet overall quite mild and mannered accord of orange-citrus notes framed within a sort of salty-soapy structure comprising, I guess, some light cedar, some musk and a nicely executed subtle floral-spicy accord, which sort of enhances the tangier-edgier side of the top citrus-orange accord. Sadly though, I soon get an unpleasant whiff of artificiality and syntheticness, which once past the (quite short-lived) top notes, which are (were...) the only bare hint of “realisticness” here, make Orange Sanguine smell basically as a rather dull sort of clean, aseptic, laundry-like citrus-musky-spicy blend. Quite designer-oriented too, as we aren’t really far from some Kenzo or Calvin Klein scents – or also, some Ferragamo citrus colognes like Tuscan Soul. Actually now that I think of it, Orange Sanguine is indeed quite similar to that, also quality-wise – and that tells it all, since the Ferragamo costs a fraction of this. And that’s not a steal, it’s just the right price for something like this. The same cheap, flat, extremely generic fresh & clean blend, just with some more orange tones here. The openining promisingly recalled some of the nicest, crispest Hermès colognes, such as the Pamplemousse Rose cologne, but sadly the mediocre quality soon brings Orange Sanguine down to a whole different – and abudantly worse – evolution and conclusion. All considered it’s still moderately pleasant and not abysmal, but absurdly overpriced for the quality.

5/10

LicoriceRain
It starts out nice enough...
Finally got my sample of Orange Sanguine. In a nutshell, bitter orange. If you are familiar with Pomelo Paradis, which is more like citrus candy, Orange Sanguine isn’t as sweet, but more like a pure, raw orange. As it starts to dry down, not long after applying, it gets soapy, while still maintaining that tart orange vibe. I imagine a kitchen sink full of soapy water, with a bowl of sliced oranges on the counter. As with other Atelier Colognes, it isn’t unpleasant, just not wonderful. But now that I have that dishwater visual, that’s all I smell. And now it seems to overpower the oranges. It certainly appears that, after the first few minutes, Orange Sanguine = soap. I don’t want to smell like soap.
5.0 5.0 5.0 9.0/10

Fresh peeled citrus
The opening is like biting into a fresh orange or peeling a tangerine. It's very bright and uplifting. A real eye opener. After the initial burst of citrus the geranium and jasmine peek out with the sandalwood. There is a bit of Tonka Bean and Amber softening and grounding the entire thing. This is really beautiful.

The longevity isn't very good,about 4 hours, but you can't expect too much from something with so much citrus in it. The sillage is moderate. It's out there but not too loud.

May
2014

Soapy fresh orange peel
This smells exactly like orange peel! In the drydown it becomes a bit more soapy. It's a scent that's bound to put you in a good mood!

Orange Sanguine is pretty linear and I can't really make out the separate notes, but it smells very nice nonetheless (and that's all that really matters, right?). Just like with Frapin's L'Humaniste, this quickly becomes a skin scent on me. That's probably just how my skin works ... In any case, the longevity is not that great, about 4 to 5 hours. So just respray around noon and you're good to go!
5.0 5.0 5.0/10

A Fairly Longlasting Orange
Orange fragrances just don't last on me, for some reason. John Varvatos? Three hours tops. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting much from Orange Sanguine. It begins as a completely realistic and engaging freshly-peeled orange. You can smell the rind, the pulp, the juice -- everything. Then it either fades somewhat or it enters powdery Tang popsicle territory. After a while it becomes a warm, fresh, clean scent with orange rind undertone, yet never becomes orange cleaning solution. The silage grows from about a foot to nearly two in its first three hours, and then it rapidly becomes a skin scent, disappearing completely by hour six. Towards the end, it turns slightly spicy. All in all, not a bad scent, and one of the better orange scents I've tried. However, I'm not a fan of orange scents unless they have some kind of other component to them. I associate orange fragrances with eating oranges and feel sticky (psychologically) after wearing them, or I feel like I should feel sticky. I guess orange alone just doesn't take me places I enjoy going, and so it needs an alloy or two. However, if you enjoy realistic orange in your fragrances, Orange Sanguine is worth sampling.
5.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Glamour de Orange
Lovely Cologne.I can tell I have tried a lot of parfum in my young life. Also I worked in a sensory lab for a short time and my nose is mostly very sensitive to some smells and odors. My hobby... compare colognes ;)

I bought it in Germany for 90€ (200 ml).I would say it is a warm mandarin fragrance.Not to fresh like OWARI from ODIN or Little Italy from BOND. I get Geranium after some hours which i really like, maybe some Amber too.

If you wanna smell like a very pretty Orange then go with it!

Try it yourself!Owari and Little Italy are just fresher. It is one of my favorite colognes. I would say it is a strong citric fragrance that stays and falls into sweet flowers. I enjoy it at work in the office everytime on a sunny morning.
Scent: 8/10

orange oublieux
Why is orange so difficult to give a leading role in perfumery?  Bergamot, a specific bitter orange oil, is one of the most ubiquitous elements in perfumery, but orange, as in juice, as in peel one and eat it, tends to miss the mark. Orange Sanguine smells like an orange oil cleaning product. That is,  until the orange note fades. Then it smells like super sparkly laundry powder.

5-6 hours after application, just before it fades away, there is a faintly musky orange whisper that is pleasant but vague.

from scent hurdle.com
5.0 5.0 2.5 5.0/10

Miaw2
Real oranges... but too light!
Fruity orange. Pure orange juice.

Smells very close to natural.

Easy to wear, great fragrance, but lacks of a consistent/heavy base.

Ethereal... wonderful while alive.
5.0 5.0 5.0/10

Aqueous Blood Orange Cologne
Atelier Cologne ORANGE SANGUINE cologne absolue is a perfectly fine blood orange cologne which reminds me a bit of Tocca STELLA, because both are somewhat sweet (though the Tocca is sweeter), and both feature more blood orange than any other citrus.

I find ORANGE SANGUINE less enjoyable as a perfume than either Hermès ORANGE VERTE (whether the cologne or the concentré) or Bond no 9 LITTLE ITALY. ORANGE SANGUINE is less complex than the former and less resinous than the latter and is sweeter than both. It also seems rather more aqueous than any of the true orange fragrances I've tried, including Pacifica TUSCAN ORANGE.

In tiny wafts, I do catch a bit of jasmine here and there, but it's quite subtle, and overall, to my nose, ORANGE SANGUINE is primarily a blood orange facsimile. I probably would not be able to use the large bottle of this creation, and I may or may not drain my 10 ml purse spray.

Abitvintage
Lovely, juicy orange, smells like the Floriday Keys & unisex!
This is wonderful! Nice, nice, nice. I love that this citrus scent does NOT remind me of any cleaning products that I've ever used! I am instantly swept away to the Florida Keys when I smell this. Amazing juicy orange (but I don't need to eat it), sexy sandalwood and geranium keep it unisex with almost a masculine vibe to my nose. I think this would be a perfect scent for a man especially intermingled with his sun-kissed skin. But, is just as appropriate for the females who love it.

Itchynose 8 days ago
Oranges and mandarines on a bed of flowers. Soft, gentle and easy to wear; an excellent springtime citrus fragrance.

by Itchynose
by Mcgeitner
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Atelier Cologne

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini by Atelier Cologne Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne Silver Iris by Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) by Atelier Cologne Gold Leather by Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds by Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir by Atelier Cologne Café Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne Tobacco Nuit by Atelier Cologne Clémentine California by Atelier Cologne