Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) (2012)

Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) by Atelier Cologne

Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) is a perfume by Atelier Cologne for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Chinese ginger root, Turkish rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesTurkish rose absolute, Somalian frankincense, Malayan oud
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli, Indian papyrus, Laotian benzoin

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.04.2019

7.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Minigolf
.... "I'll teach you the tones of the flute."
.... said the "snake charmer" and looked resolutely into the basket in front of him, in which a cobra sluggishly waved her eyes and eyeled him slightly angry.
Then "Ranja" let go of his instrument when someone spoke to him quietly: "That's probably just the wrong melody", this someone said quietly cheerfully. "It sounds so pregnant and a little sad what you play. Something fresh, "spicy" should come from there. Something light and buoyant it should be..." Ranja looked up, looked at the stranger and replied slightly perplexed and questioning: "Do you really think that?...Could be...Could be...Could be. But I'm not feeling so happy right now..."
"That could change" the other chattered cheerfully and held a square bottle of pink liquid in front of him. "With a few splashes of it on your neck and head your mood will probably improve and encourage your flute playing. Your snake will thank you too!"
Now Ranja curiously held out his "collar" to get some sprayers. The other laughed mischievously and... "Pffft... Pfffft... Pffftonic voila, the Lord! MY water. Trace and inhale..."
After a few minutes Ranja made big eyes, smiled and was stunned. "Hey, you were right. Mmmh, it smells like roses! And fresh ginger...Spicy and light at the same time... and I suspect incense, oooh and....what is that?
Am I at the market of Marrakech or in the cool forest?...woods, fine and fresh...... I feel much better now."
The joyful "outbreak" pleased the "stranger". And when "Ranja" asked for the name of the scented water he just said: "Keep it with you, but it doesn't have a "real" name, I just call it "Rose Anonyme"..." waved and disappeared in the crowd.
Ranja now put his flute to his lips with a swing and the cheerful melody came into being by itself.
Even the snake didn't keep it in its basket anymore. She raised and lowered herself, wobbled her body sometimes down, sometimes up, made "eights" and garlands, and it seemed as if she was smiling at the audience...

Roses and Coffee?
I don’t usually care for anything rose-scented, but lately, after reading about the new Carolina Herrera fragrance Burning Rose, I decided to search for something featuring rose and patchouli. Rose Anonyme has more OUD than patchouli, so that’s a big minus in my book. (Not everybody is crazy about oud!) I was hoping that patchouli would be blended well enough that the rose note wasn’t so noticeable, but it’s very noticeable, and the oud (and possibly the patchouli) cause it to smell a bit like coffee. Yes, that’s exactly what it smells like to me, roses and coffee. Well, this might be nice for many, but I am one of the few people who doesn’t like the smell of coffee. As with ALL Atelier Colognes I have sampled so far, I am left wanting more. Even my favorite Atelier, Mistral Patchouli, seems muddled, and off.
8.0/10

Rickbr
I'm not so fond of Atelier fragrances, at least of their first cologne creations, which i found perfect in technical aspects but lacking originality. I like to see that with creations like Vanille Insensee, Vetiver Fatal and Rose Anonyme they kept what they were good for and invested and what was missing, more creativity. The name seems almost ironic to me, since i was expecting another saffron-rose-oud combination, another anonimous rose fragrance that while being pretty gorgeous could have been done by anyone else. It's not the case here and i'm happy to see that i was wrong. I like this rose, it's soft, slightly sweet, powdery, and i don't know if it has saffron or note, but i do get something at the opening that makes me think of saffron, and it's an impression that it doesn't last. The oud it's not aggresive, it's and oud more in the veins of montale red aoud or maybe even the Midnight Oud, altough i don't see the similarity between the two fragrances. What stands out on this one to me is a sweet and woody background, that makes me think of one Thierry Mugler Amen variations, as if the have made an Amen Pure Rose. Montale-like rose-oud and Amen? Yes, it could be a mess, but it's has been fine tuned and it's gorgeous, comfortable, rich, a real pleasure to smell on skin.
7.5 7.5 2.0/10

A Monstrosity Upon My Skin
Rose Anonyme smells like a smooth fruity ale, until it hits your skin; then it becomes a powdery, sharp, floral with a plastic-knives-in-your-lungs two-feet projection. Smell familiar? It's toilet deoderizer, for the win, but it has enough smooth citrus underneath to invoke nausea. It radiates for hours and hours and even scrubbing it off only dulls the scent, but doesn't remove it completely. This is as bad as Silvern, and Isse Miyake for men -- two scents that became monstrosities on my skin. Now an unholy trinity of stench has been formed, with Rose Anonyme joining in the shadows beside the other two.
10.0 10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Missing Category
I would like to kindly ask www.parfumo.net to put in the Type section something like: Cold. Or: Timeless. Or maybe: Metallic. I desperately need these categories to say something about Rose Anonyme. I want to catch a man on the street, grab him in my house and use Rose Anonyme on him insanely!

I strongly believe that creators could not give better name to this work of art than Rose Anonyme: rose is there, I feel it but it is hiding somewhere in the moonlit night. This is a scent should worn only midnight. Creamy but cold, also metallic and staying away from everyone on its own majestic procession, so it emits almost the same gift on different people. I think every scent containing a lot of papyrus is floating over the time and gender, like OPUS I and ROSE ANONYME, so I am totally amazed and a bit scared. Even if I take it off every day from the shelf and sniff it, I put it back without using. Not an easy-to-wear, since makes you unapproachable and demands for dignity.

This fragrance will stay with you in your mind.
5.0 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Brilliant
One word: brilliant.

Forget about medicinal oud smell. Oud here is light and clean.

Rose Anonyme is a gorgeous blend of sweet and delicate roses with a decent lasting power, great sillage and projection.

Opens a bit citric then turns to a rose+oud+vanille smell that's stunning.

Reminds me of Montale's White Aoud because of it's sweetness, but Rose Anonyme is less medicinal in the opening, also less sweet when dries down.

Unisex for sure.

Absolutely thumbs up!

Updated December 2013

cologne redux
The proposition of crossing the bright effusive tenor-like quality of an eau de cologne (the genre, not the dilution) with the concentration of an eau de parfum is a wonderful idea, but is not particularly new.  Previous attempts have tried to make the classical edc notes (citrus, herbs, etc.) last all day. The only success from this approach that occurs to me is the typically male, cologne-like chypres from mid-20th century France such as Chanel’s Pour Monsieur, Monsieur Givenchy, Rochas’s Moustache and Eau d’Hermes. Rose Anonyme twists the challenge and brings the sentiment of an edc to new accords. Rose Anonyme comes off fresh-faced and pretty like a cologne, but has the patience of an EDP. It's simplicity is easy to wear, but it is far from simpleminded.

Skipping the solely citrus focus of an EDC, RA instead plays on a number of facets of Rose scents. The lighter, brighter aspect of rose, initially highlighted by bergamot, give way to a loud, rosy pink peony quality, and eventually to a dusky rosewood like feel.  This is all filtered through a reedy incense and a metallic musk.  I think the "ginger" note is a red herring, redirecting our focus so that we read the synthetic quality of the musk as something more botanical. Not exactly Nature Boy, I say wear your synthetic proudly. This is a wonderful and inventive perfume. Don't bother feeding me the nature trip.

Not just beautiful to wear, RA is that refreshing reminder that there are new ideas to be explored in perfumery.
7.5 7.5 6.0/10

Angel La Rose meets Fancy Nights...
Atelier Cologne ROSE ANONYME "cologne absolue" (isn't that an oxymoron?) opens with a striking resemblance to Thierry Mugler Jardin d'Etoiles entry ANGEL LA ROSE. The first word out of my mouth was actually: patchouli. Then the rose swept in and I felt as though I really was wearing the Mugler flanker for a couple of minutes.

ROSE ANONYME continues to develop, however. What I perceive next is the emergence of a very strong and dominant papyrus note. Because focal papyrus is rare in my experience of perfumes, I have a very strong memory of it and it appears most markedly of all in Jessica Simpson FANCY NIGHTS. I'd thought that the reason why I did not take to that perfume was because it was a vat-produced Parlux juice. Now, after sniffing ROSE ANONYME, I think that it must be the papyrus which makes me less than enthused about that perfume, too.

It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what exactly it was that I was smelling, but once I did, the connection to FANCY NIGHTS seemed unmistakeable. ROSE ANONYME is a nonlinear, very interesting journey to take, but because of my papyrus problem, I won't be pursuing this creation further. Anyone who likes FANCY NIGHTS will probably fall in love with ROSE ANONYME, as the quality is much better and papyrus also abounds.

JoaoMartins 8 months ago
I'm not a big fan of Atelier Cologne. Usually they suck at performance. Althought, this one is a beautiful rose and smooth oud that performs+3
9.0
Carlossp 19 months ago
Atelier Cologne is the least happy I am to have, I do not know but there is something that does not fill me, I do not know what it is but I
6.0

With painting of Munkácsy Mihály
by Carlossp
by Carlossp

Popular Atelier Cologne

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini by Atelier Cologne Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne Silver Iris by Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) by Atelier Cologne Gold Leather by Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds by Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir by Atelier Cologne Tobacco Nuit by Atelier Cologne Café Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne Sous Le Toit de Paris by Atelier Cologne