Silver Iris by Atelier Cologne

MRoth
13.01.2015 - 06:38 AM
Helpful Review

An Iris By Any Other Name

Do you like fruit with your iris? There's a lot of fruitiness here! Too much for me, certainly; I do like blackberry in reasonable amounts but on my skin this turns into a sickly sweet syrup. The eponymous iris is there, as is a good amount of violet, which makes everything smell extremely purple. While the ingredients are top notch, here's no refinement - it's very rich.
It's not necessarily a bad fragrance, just not at all what I was expecting. Why would they call this Silver Iris? Now to chase down some Iris Silver Mist, which I hear is a little more faithful to the concept.

Latest Reviews

MRothMRoth 7 years ago
Les Nombres d'Or - Cuir - Maison Mona di Orio

Les Nombres d'Or - Cuir After The Fire
Three hours in and this is a strong, linear scent. Dabbed-on projection is a handspan out. The label says leather, but I have to politely disagree: there could be bitter, hard, unforgiving saddle leather here, but primarily my nose says 'ashes'. If...

MRothMRoth 7 years ago
Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend - Phaedon

Tabac Rouge / Turkish Blend The Bee's Knees
The honey starring in Tabac Rouge is clear, pale gold and runny, drizzling easily from the spoon. Honey as it mixes into lemon tea; honey without the stickiness. A very well blended ginger gives a little kick that keeps everything fresh and open. I...