Sous Le Toit de Paris (2012)

Sous Le Toit de Paris by Atelier Cologne

Sous Le Toit de Paris is a perfume by Atelier Cologne for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is fresh-green. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Ralf Schwieger

Top Notes Top NotesMoroccan neroli, Sicilian bergamot, African bitter orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesFrench violet leaf, South African geranium, Haitian vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesBrazilian tonka bean, Musk, White leather

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.02.2019.

5.0 5.0 7.5 9.0/10

Turandot
Fits into any urban environment, not only Paris.
I don't go for a walk with the scent in Paris - especially since I've never been to the city before - and I don't get any other romantic touches and certainly no kind of head cinema that suggests to me that I have to bathe in emotions now. On the contrary! Atelier Cologne has managed to let the beautiful violet scent play a leading role without kitsch and without any romance. According to the description it is the violet leaf, but I also think I can recognize some of the floral notes. Herb I feel that and Vetiver is for me the suitable complement of this serious mood.

Depending on our temperament, we can secret everything we can into perfumes. I smile as I notice that the stories and images in the descriptions of the perfumes in the almost 10 years of my perfume membership are developing more and more towards Rosamunde Pilcher. I like to read that, but I myself am a bit more sober knitted. It's probably because I had to describe perfumes as neutrally as possible during my professional life. Some of the pictures would have caused my customers to have rather raised their eyebrows or frowned. That's why I find it so liberating to be able to simply feel at ease with a fragrance without too much emotion.

Sous le Toit de Paris is a very pleasant day companion for me. It doesn't bother me that its shelf life doesn't last into the evening, but after about three to four hours I have the possibility to refill it or to grab another scent. And also the Sillage is not particularly space-consuming, which pleases me likewise. I don't like being forced to smell by people around me even though I have a "normal" distance to them. And I also don't like to share my own scent in everyday life with completely unknown people at the supermarket checkout. Perfumes are far too personal for me to want to carry my current mood in front of me like a standard.

Sous le Toit de Paris is my way of meeting all these considerations. The fragrance is fresh without being athletic, bitter without being masculine and sounds soft and velvety without losing its red thread and I'm pretty sure that the fragrance will continue to be a favourite part of my wardrobe.
5.0 5.0 5.0 4.0/10

Sous le Toit de Paris
Opens with a wonderful violet note - similar to the one found in Balenciaga Paris, but not as artificial and loud. A mentholated green note and bright bergamot frame the flower. The fragrance is very light and fresh, but sadly not stable at all. After only a few minutes the violet impression dissolves into a blend of anise, geranium and vetiver. I now see a crisp woodsy-green composition of dry wood, crushed leaves and warm spicy accents. The scent is perfect for spring/summer, but not really what I was looking for. I was hoping for a much better violet experience and the promised leather accord is nowhere to be found as well. However, I have to concede that the sillage is wonderful, softer and fuller (thanks to musk and tonka bean) than what I see close to the skin.
7.5 3.0/10

A Dusty Rose
A dusty rose -- that is pretty much it. The absolue portion lends it a citrus warmth which moderates the femininity of this scent, making it somewhat more tolerable, but that cannot rescue the scent from the depths of mundanity. Silage wanes, but heat returns it. Sous Le Toit de Paris lasts an annoying twelve hours.

au théâtre de printemps
by TomLavender

Popular Atelier Cologne

Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée by Atelier Cologne Vétiver Fatal by Atelier Cologne Grand Néroli by Atelier Cologne Cédrat Enivrant by Atelier Cologne Trèfle Pur by Atelier Cologne Pomélo Paradis by Atelier Cologne Oolang Infini by Atelier Cologne Silver Iris by Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme (Cologne Absolue) by Atelier Cologne Bois Blonds by Atelier Cologne Gold Leather by Atelier Cologne Patchouli Riviera / Mistral Patchouli by Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin by Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue by Atelier Cologne Bergamote Soleil by Atelier Cologne Oud Saphir by Atelier Cologne Café Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne Tobacco Nuit by Atelier Cologne Clémentine California by Atelier Cologne