Cuir Sacré 2015

Cuir Sacré by Atelier des Ors
Cuir Sacré is a perfume by Atelier des Ors for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-leathery. It is still available to purchase. Pronunciation

Marie Salamagne

Cedar leafCedar leaf
Base Notes Base NotesVetiverVetiver
CypriolCypriol
LeatherLeather

Submitted by Ronin, last update on 22.12.2021.

TheDorn81
Association Danziger Goldwasser, simply brilliant.
I became aware of the fragrance through a perfume YouTube'rin Monika Cioch. I did not know the brand before. When you presented the bottle in your clip, I thought only: moment Mal, gold leaf in the bottle? You know that from somewhere. I immediately associated it with the liqueur "Danziger Goldwasser", which I actually brought back from Gdansk. What a great idea to put this in a fragrance. An ingenious marketing strategy to present the juice even more noble. According to the motto: the eye smells with.
My curiosity was aroused, because the description of the fragrance has also appealed to me. But for the proud price to buy me directly a whole bottle blind, was too risky for me.
But at some point, a angebrocher bottle was offered in the souk. Unfortunately, only without a cap, (so who would like to get rid of somewhere randomly a matching original cap, please please please report;-)).
I did not hesitate long and bought the opened fragrance blindly for a fair price.
Pure excitement, whether I would like him. And indeed, who can imagine TF Oud Wood with a light leathery touch, and a TF Grey Vetiver finish, will love this fragrance. I definitely do. In fact, it absolutely makes for a signature scent all year round. However, I mainly prefer it now on crisp spring days with a leather jacket. A pleasure and insider tip:-)

StellaDiverF
Soft spice blush on pale vetiver
I was kindly provided samples of a few offerings from Atelier des Ors by a blogger friend(thank you!). Here is my experience with Cuir Sacré:

On my skin, Cuir Sacré is primarily a vetiver fragrance, contrary to what the name might imply. At first glance (or sniff should I say), the fragrance seems quite linear and simplistic. But upon close inspection, different notes do demonstrate their distinct facets even though they're overall very well blended.

Cuir Sacré opens with aromatic, fresh, almost crisp juniper berries and vetiver. The vetiver here has some of its woody, salty smoky ham-like aspects, grapefruit-like sourness and even mineral tonalities, but it feels essentially awashed and pale. It recalls to me the bleached vetiver in Frederic Malle Vétiver Extraordinaire, a type of vetiver interpretation that I have had hard time with.

However, what makes Cuir Sacré much more interesting and wearable for me, is the wonderfully fleshly cardamom-saffron-creamy leather accord that I also enjoyed a lot in the opening of Lune Féline. The spices here are much more demure than in Lune Féline, and the leather is more like an abstract velvety texture. But they effectively cast a soft tanned glow on the pale face of vetiver.

Cuir Sacré doesn't go under any significant change once all the elements are in place. I can catch glimpses of the green woody sparkles of cypress, but generally speaking, the fragrance remains a gently spiced vetiver through and through during its 8-hour longevity. The sillage is also quite intimate. It generally stays very close to skin, and the fragrance feels rather airy and transparent.

Because of my personal preference to a darker, more robust vetiver interpretation, Cuir Sacré ultimately doesn't suit my personal use, but I thouroughly enjoyed the delicate yet carnal cardamom-saffron spices. I would definitely recommend it as a modern, sleek vetiver fragrance, especially to fans of Vétiver Extraordinaire but would like a bit more sensual warmth.

HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Exciting peppery-spicy notes at the beginning (cardamom, juniper) replaced by fine delicate leather.
Beautiful scent with poor sillage.

by Torero
by Torero

Popular Atelier des Ors

Iris Fauve by Atelier des Ors Larmes du Désert by Atelier des Ors Lune Féline (Eau de Parfum) by Atelier des Ors Rouge Sarây by Atelier des Ors Aube Rubis by Atelier des Ors Musc Immortel by Atelier des Ors Rose Omeyyade (Eau de Parfum) by Atelier des Ors Crépuscule des Âmes by Atelier des Ors Bois Sikar by Atelier des Ors Chœur des Anges by Atelier des Ors Riviera Lazuli by Atelier des Ors Riviera Drive by Atelier des Ors Pomelo Riviera by Atelier des Ors Nuda Veritas by Atelier des Ors Lune Féline (Extrait) by Atelier des Ors Blanc Polychrome by Atelier des Ors Mahayla / مهيلة by Atelier des Ors Rose Omeyyade (Extrait) by Atelier des Ors