Lune Féline (2015)

Lune Féline by Atelier des Ors

Lune Féline is a popular perfume by Atelier des Ors for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-resinous. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Marie Salamagne

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Cardamom, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesGreen notes, Cedarwood, Styrax, Ambergris, Precious woods
Base Notes Base NotesTahitian vanilla, Peru balsam, Musk

Submitted by Ronin, last update on 11.10.2019

9.0 9.0 8.0/10

the mouse thing
I'm probably a philistine.
One who has no idea.
Not by cats and not by the moon anyway.
Mea culpa - okay.
And yet, I don't bring them together, the moon, the cats and Lune Féline.
Cats love valerian, at least I know that, the cats I know also know that.
But "Lune Féline" doesn't contain any valerian or anything else that affects my neighbour's cat, which I chose as a test object.
She avoided me, the cat, for the whole 14 days, eyeing me from afar, suspicious, as it seemed to me.
At some point I gave up trying to impress her with "Lune Féline", left my treats behind - and found a dead mouse in her place.
I suppose she was trying to tell me something, the cat.
If I'm lucky, something good.
I can't know.

Even now I can't know what's going on with the cats and the moon.
And with "Lune Féline" in the alleged triumvirate.
Nevertheless: We had a good time, "Lune Féline" and I, for the whole two weeks.
Then the sample was empty, there was nothing more to share.
But what she shared with me, shared with me, was more than enough.
It was, one word only, beautiful.

Dark, tropical, deeply mature vanilla opens on my skin, warm and dense and wonderful, not shearing the bean around all those to which it should leave the way it wants the pyramid.
She doesn't want it, she doesn't do it, not on any of these days.
Soon, it seems to me, she marries Lapsang Souchong, that very smoky tea that evokes memories of Black Forest ham, and - yes! - incense, warm, unsacral incense that I find again and again, although it is not listed.
But "Lune Féline" doesn't care, not on my skin.
He does what he wants, the scent, and is similar to the cats in it, perhaps even in the smoothness, which does not hide fine sharpness, sharp edges like that of Lapsang tea.

It may be due to the warm summer that "Lune Féline", as a winter fragrance, does not give a hint of anything bright or green on my skin, that the base already appears in my head and competes with the outside warmth.
If it's also humid and humid, even vanilla gives way a step back and clears the stage for deep dark, spicy, highly virile Ambroxan - and I'm only happy about that one spray, which is potent enough for the whole long day.
More would simply be too much for my nose and for me.
Perhaps not in winter, but very well in August.
And maybe that's what the neighbor's cat thought.
What am I gonna do with this mouse?
10.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10

I want my Pérubore back
When I was sick as a child, we always went to Dr. Landau. He had a small practice at the Blvd de Courcelles, and from his waiting room you could see the Parc Monceau. I always found this particularly interesting, especially because of the children playing. But we never waited long, because Dr. Landau was already almost 70 years old and only received friends and acquaintances, so that you could always get right to it. Dr. Landau came from Dresden, fled from the Nazis in 1938 and later finished his medical studies in Paris.

His French sounded strange, his German too, my father told us it was Saxon. While a French doctor has no problem writing his patients a whole bar of antibiotics and paracetamol booms on the prescription, Landau always relied on the "self-healing powers". My mother still can't pronounce the word.
Although my permanent disease was to house a streptococcus colony in my sinuses from October to April, Dr. Landau was unable to hunt these annoying beasts down with an antibiotic. He prescribed mud packs and inhalations. Including a product called Pérubore.

One dissolved a bubble tablet Pérubore in hot water, got a towel over the head and had to inhale the vapours. Pérubore smelled for me as a child gentle and powdery after a vanilla, exotic tree from a distant magic forest of the Incas.
I couldn't get enough of it and inhaled it at least twice a day. It had, as it was written on the package, a high percentage of Peru balsam. Not that I knew anything about it, but the exotic word Peru balsam, the creamy vanilla balsam scent and my leisure hours under a dark towel condensed into a pleasantly tired and soft childhood memory.

I later bought Pérubore and was horrified: the soft bubbling tablets were replaced by soft capsules containing a piercing lavender eucalyptus oil, horrible.

My beloved Pérubore seemed lost forever.

Until recently, at the Bouteille perfumery in Cannes, an advertising lady from Atelier des Ors gave me a splash of Lune féline. I thought I'd be catapulted at the speed of light to Dr. Landau and my inhalations.
But what I smelled was even finer, more intense and even really elegant. My already gentle, sweet children's Peru balsam was ennobled with excellent vanilla, rounded off with wood and some cinnamon.

I have grown up long ago - and my Pérubore has grown with me and is now called Lune féline.

It is still a gentle, tired, soft fragrance, but at the same time it has something very precious and elegant about it, which is probably due to the wood. Something dark, quiet, emanates from him, only I am no longer sitting under the towel, but under the starry tent, it is warm and there is no breeze. It could be in the quiet villa of a French plantation owner in Indochina, I swing quietly in a hammock, from the upper floor a light smell of opium blows over, which connects with the smell of Styrax from the small Buddha altar on the ground floor.

It may be that a cat looks out from behind the bushes on the banks of the Mekong, in whose eyes the moonlight is reflected.
8.0 8.0 9.0 6.0/10

A Cardamom Arkenstone and the Desolation of Boozy Vanilla
I was kindly given the opportunity by a blogger friend (thank you!) to test a few Atelier des Ors offerings, here are my thoughts on Lune Féline:

The cardamom-dominated opening 30 minutes of Lune Féline on my skin is wonderful! And it makes me want to embark on an olfactory journey to explore more cardamom-prominent perfumes!

The cardamom here is paired with ginger. Together they're spicy and woody as expected, yet also have sparkles of an almost green freshness. This creates a lovely contrast with the thick, doughy vanilla in the base, still dormant at the moment and not yet having revealed its true power.

10 minutes in, something unexpected but thouroughly enticing happens: besides the spicy woody aspect of cardamom, a salty and somewhat meaty nuance rises as well. Maybe it's a combined effect of cinnamon, styrax and ambergris accord, of which I'm not entirely sure, but what I know is that it transfoms the aromatic cardamom into a fleshly, even carnal spice like clove and cinnamon sometimes can be as well. There is also a soft fruity spiciness discreetly gaining momentum, Combined with the fuzzy woody texture of various spices and the soft creaminess of the not-yet-awaken vanilla, Lune Féline smells almost like a delectable saffron-cardamom rice pudding!

If Lune Féline contines as such, I might have found my Arkenstone of cardamom fragrance, but as fate would have it, the giant beast of vanilla awakens and scorches the earth into gooey toffee and burnt cotton candy. The syrupy amber also bursts from underneath like molten lava. The combined effect of these two elements is a boozy plum-like amber-vanilla that I struggle with in general, and is reminiscent of the similar syrupy plum aspect in other boozy vanilla such as Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille or Annick Goutal Nuit et Confidences in broad strokes.

Lune Féline then remains as this gourmand boozy vanilla during its long dry down. The woody yet fleshly spices try to make a comeback but never succeed. Occasionally, when the syrupiness softens a little, the woody, slightly powdery vanilla reminds me of vanilla-scented sunflower seed fairly popular in China, as well as a faint chocolate undertone, but the caramelised syrupy amber is still very much present until the end.

Lune Féline has a heavy-to-moderate sillage and an excellent longevity of almost 12 hours.

Because my tolerance of boozy ambery vanilla is fairly low, Lune Féline is too intensely sweet for my personal taste. However, the fleshly cardamom opening is very impressive to my nose, and I think it's well worth a sniff for a cardamom fan even if one is not so keen on gourmand boozy vanilla. Additionally, I'd also recommend it to those who enjoy boozy, caramelised amber/vanilla in general but would like a more spicy, cardamom-laden variation.

Fancy juice!! SPOT ON
Looks rich, smells rich, everything is rich here.

One of the finest fragrances i've ever smelled in my whole life. this is a real deal but sadly it is too expensive.

Seducing Vanilla & Cinnamon here.

a very complex fragrance that you need to try before you buy.

Hermesh 4 years ago
Sweet (almost chocolate-like) vanilla to which animal musk forms the counterweight. Only some grassy note doesn't want properly harmonize.+1

by Dalma
by Carlossp
by Fedaie
by Fedaie

Popular Atelier des Ors

Lune Féline by Atelier des Ors Aube Rubis by Atelier des Ors Larmes du Désert by Atelier des Ors Iris Fauve by Atelier des Ors Cuir Sacré by Atelier des Ors Rose Omeyyade by Atelier des Ors Chœur des Anges by Atelier des Ors Crépuscule des Âmes by Atelier des Ors Musc Immortel by Atelier des Ors Bois Sikar by Atelier des Ors Nuda Veritas by Atelier des Ors Pomelo Riviera by Atelier des Ors Riviera Drive by Atelier des Ors Riviera Lazuli by Atelier des Ors Mahayla / مهيلة by Atelier des Ors