Rose Omeyyade (2015)

Rose Omeyyade by Atelier des Ors

Rose Omeyyade is a perfume by Atelier des Ors for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is still in production.

Marie Salamagne

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepper, Rosebud, Raspberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouli, Gaiac wood, Brown sugar
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Oud, Amber

Submitted by Ronin, last update on 26.03.2020.

Rose Omeyyade (NKNN)
• ATELIER DES ORS ROSE OMEYYADE •

Rose Omeyyade is my second dive into Atelier des Ors (the first was Aube Rubis, which I loved). Based on the notes I was pretty sure that I would love this one as well and sure enough, I do...with one caveat, it's not the most unique fragrance.

Rose Omeyyade is a sweet rose. It has an oud component as many rose fragrances do, but the oud in here is of the mildest variety. I don't know if I would have really picked up on the oud if I hadn't seen the note breakdown. There's nothing challenging or harsh in this fragrance and the rose itself is soft and smooth. The candied rose is similar in scent to the one in Malle's Portrait Of A Lady, but it does not have that sparkling, almost palpable quality in the opening. I don't know if what I'm about to say makes sense to anyone, but Portrait Of A Lady feels yellow or green to me, whereas Rose Omeyyade feels pink or red. I think it has a lot to do with the amber, which adds quite a bit of warmth to the composition. There's a brown sugar note listed, which sounds interesting, but honestly, I don't get a particularly special or different scent compared to other sweet roses that I've tried. What is clearly noticable and different however, is the raspberry. I forgot this contained raspberry and initally I couldn't pinpoint what was different. It has a distinct fruity (what turns out is raspberry) touch and I think that's the key differentiator for Rose Omeyyade.

Not that I feel like it's a complete copy otherwise , but it is stacked up against a legion of sweet rose (often with oud) fragrances and I'm not sure if it does enough to stand out or be the better option. For me, Portrait Of A Lady is unbeatable, but it is more pronounced. And I have Oud Satin Mood, which is much heavier on the sweetness and the oud than Rose Omeyyade is. They are more exciting and I think I like both of those a bit better purely based on scent, however, if you're looking for a softer wear, that's an easier grab for most occasions, Rose Omeyyade becomes a real alternative...especially if you like the raspberry note! Unisex for sure, altough obviously men who don't like rose might feel it's too feminine for them •
8.0 7.0 8.0 6.0/10

Rose Liqueur and Raspberry Jam
Thanks to a blogger friend, I was able to sample a few Atelier des Ors fragrances(thank you!). Here are my experiences on Rose Omeyyade:

The fragrance opens with a big boom of gourmand rose and raspberry. It smells simultaneously jammy and boozy, as if the delicate rose petals are dipped in raspberry jam and rose liqueur, then coated with sugar crystals. The honeyed delicacy and the liqueur aspects remind me of the opening of Lancôme Parfait de Rôses without the geranium-like greenery, while the jammy aspect and the toffee-like thick texture make me think of Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud. While the rose-raspberry combination here is unabashedly sweet and gourmand, there is also a very noticeable fruity tartness that helps to balance the sweetness, which I don't encounter very often in gourmand rose-oud-raspberry fragrances.

The rose-raspberry rampage calms down after about 1 hour, when the woody base starts to insert itself and eventually becomes an equal player. I don't smell oud in a well defined manner, but more like a smoky musky woody element that helps to restrain the jammy sweetness of rose. During the next three hours, it does succeed in undercutting the gooey texture to prevent the rose becoming too cloying. However, as the synthetic woody base grows even more prominent with time, it unfortunately turns a bit too screechy for my taste in the end, even though the honeyed ruby rose liqueur in the dry down is delightfully delectable.

I got an overall longevity of 10 hours and a heavy to moderate sillage.

Because jammy rose-oud-raspberry is not really my jam, my lukewarm response to Rose Omeyyade is to be expected. But at the same time, I find it among the less sweet in the gourmand rose-oud category, thanks to a more perceivable fruity tartness and the dry woody base, and I really enjoyed the honey rose liqueur dry down despite the woody elements turning a bit too raspy for my liking. If you happen to be looking for a gourmand rose jam/liqueur fragrance, I think Rose Omeyyade beig solidly made, might well worth a try.Ros

Hermesh 5 years ago
Sweetish fruity rose-oud combination. Gentle touch of honey and raspberry balance the oud note well and make the scent comfortable to wear.+1
10.0

by EauMySoul
by EauMySoul

Popular Atelier des Ors

Iris Fauve by Atelier des Ors Larmes du Désert by Atelier des Ors Lune Féline by Atelier des Ors Aube Rubis by Atelier des Ors Musc Immortel by Atelier des Ors Cuir Sacré by Atelier des Ors Crépuscule des Âmes by Atelier des Ors Chœur des Anges by Atelier des Ors Pomelo Riviera by Atelier des Ors Nuda Veritas by Atelier des Ors Bois Sikar by Atelier des Ors Riviera Lazuli by Atelier des Ors Riviera Drive by Atelier des Ors