Fashion Decree 2013

Fashion Decree by Atkinsons
Bottle Design Aesthete, Thierry de Baschmakoff
Fashion Decree is a perfume by Atkinsons for women and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-spicy. It is being marketed by Perfume Holding.

Indonesian patchouli, Chinese magnolia, Moroccan rose, Pink pepper

Submitted by Apicius, last update on 03.09.2020.

Patchouli - my eternal love. A tribute.
When I read the pyramid of a fragrance that I don't know, there are certain criteria for me to assess whether I might like it. If I look at the basis, musk, cashmeran and oud are rather deterrent for me; oakmoss and amber are nodders, where age and intensity are very important, while vanilla is more positive But when Patchouli is in the base, preferably in capital letters, that's half the battle. Now only in head or heart note not exactly all problem scent notes may give themselves together a rendezvous, and the scent has my Go, the exchange package is exchanged or the sample ordered.

I have 100 scents and I have looked up: 33 of them contain patchouli that is pretty much a third. It may not seem much at first. At second glance, however, it is, because patchouli is not a note like musk or jasmine, which can be found so ubiquitously in fragrances of any direction, any season, any brand, beyond any fashion, that one can hardly avoid it.
Also my collection is widely spread: I have light fragrances and heavy, old and modern; I have flower fragrances, orientals, chypres and gourmands, even two aquatic fragrances decorate my collection; it consists of mainstream, designer and niche fragrances, and even one or two drugstore fragrances are included.
One third with Patchouli.

That says something, of course. Patchouli, as I increasingly realize myself, is one of my two favorite fragrances next to bergamot. She always leaves, she never sucks, I can identify with her, she's me.

But it's not that simple after all. There is Patchouli, that does not work, not even for me, I can not identify with it, it is not me.
This is Patchouli with dark muff.

Fashion Decree is for me a perfect patchouliduft in a new way:
Light and transparent, somewhat fruity and yet fresh, yet not entirely unsweet, but not sweet either, it holds a noble balance of floating elegance, which nevertheless possesses a powerful soothing strength.

It is a modern patchouliduft with modern, rather cool rose, which seems to me probably because of the magnolia note so particularly fine and bright, even if I do not smell magnolia explicitly out.

Although Fashion Decree is rather reserved and has only moderate Sillage, his stamina is remarkable. Eight hours and more I can perceive it clearly, even if the predominant time rather close to the body.
Fashion Decree is a rather straight-lined fragrance, it only becomes a little more flowery and balanced in the course of time, after the pepper of the beginning has subsided a bit.

This is a patchouliduft which I would wear without any question at work, to the rock concert or to the Queen's reception - should she ever want to receive me.

That's the way it is with scents that you identify with.
Sequoia
No scent for every dress code
For some time now I have been dealing - sometimes more and sometimes less gladly - with business dress codes. Where a few years ago my shirt blouse and blazer would have seemed out of place, they are now part of my daily routine - at least if I don't want to worry about whether I'm dressed appropriately for the occasion. Never before have I thought so much about materials, cuts and lint on my clothes as I did last year.

Admittedly: I've neglected perfumes during this time. With 2-3 scents I was safe and served over the year. Since this winter Fashion Decree is also part of the selection of these business perfumes.

I knew Fashion Decree before, liked the elegant rose and the patchouli touch. But despite the pink color and the name component Fashion, I found it almost a bit old-fashioned.

In the meantime, however, it is exactly what I appreciate about this fragrance: it is an individual alternative to many business classics, it is warm and soft, feminine but not sexy, noticeable but not intrusive, quite mature. Besides, it lasts all day without refill.

Since I know that the name Fashion Decree has less to do with catwalks than with dress codes, I find only the pink colour misleading. Last week I heard that pink and pink are not ideal in business outfits because they symbolize weakness.

Well, what's 100% perfect? A pink fluffy sweater on top.

Blick von der Klosterkirche Birnau auf den Bodensee
by Tatjanas
by Tatjanas

Popular Atkinsons

Oud Save The King (Eau de Parfum) by Atkinsons 24 Old Bond Street by Atkinsons 24 Old Bond Street Triple Extract (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Atkinsons The Odd Fellow's Bouquet by Atkinsons Amber Empire by Atkinsons Gold Fair in Mayfair by Atkinsons The Big Bad Cedar by Atkinsons His Majesty The Oud by Atkinsons Scilly Neroli by Atkinsons Pirates' Grand Reserve by Atkinsons White Rose de Alix by Atkinsons Oud Save The Queen (Eau de Parfum) by Atkinsons Falling In Leaves by Atkinsons Rockford (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Atkinsons Lavender on the Rocks by Atkinsons Love In Idleness by Atkinsons The Excelsior Bouquet by Atkinsons The Other Side of Oud by Atkinsons 41 Burlington Arcade by Atkinsons 44 Gerrard Street by Atkinsons