Pirates' Grand Reserve 2017

Pirates' Grand Reserve by Atkinsons
Bottle Design Aesthete, Thierry de Baschmakoff
Pirates' Grand Reserve is a popular perfume by Atkinsons for men and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by Perfume Holding.

Rum, Cocoa bean, Vanilla, Heliotrope, Jasmine, Virginia cedar, Geranium, Patchouli, Helvetolide®, Cardamom, Clary sage, Broom, Moss, Cashmeran

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.09.2020.

Dakane
Would My scent have been bad if not for..
Atkinsons is putting out a really great smell for me here... A lot of rum, a touch of leather, which is not included at all, vanilla, cocoa bean, jasmine are the elements that I smell out and I really like. It is the symbiosis of a Black Flag Rocker and absolute class. But if it weren't for the big but... I love the scent, although it starts with a cheap and spitty note. But then a really massive and delicious Caribbean follows, where you could literally just lie down and feel a little leather, which makes the fragrance undoubtedly its name. Jasmine, vanilla and cocoa bean join in and round it off in a lovely and elegant way. So far so beautiful, except for the somewhat fuzzy start, which is known to be different and more valuable, but although it's not exactly a highly orgy scent of this label, you could expect a bit more. I have sprayed the fragrance 2-3 times on the skin and on a test strip. The scent really captivated me, I couldn't help but hit. Unfortunately, the durability is weak in my eyes. As much as the scent trumps up after its slightly biting start, it unfortunately fades away very quickly. I was gentle on sayings there 4 times to feel at all well dressed and noticed. But when I take the Save the King, which I also love, I am surrounded for hours by a fantastically delicious fragrance that is second to none. A really ingenious scent, which unfortunately disappoints concerning sillage and durability. So don't be fooled by the first explosion, the fragrance is much quieter than the name and first impression would suggest. It's an everyday scent, but it's also much cheaper. A pity..
Volker1964
A great scent, also for landlubbers :)
I really like Atkinson's scents. This great fragrance is no exception.
It is not overloaded overall, it is very balanced. It is quite complex, very multilayered. Not easy to describe. A "warm" fragrance for the cooler days. It unfolds its high quality right from the start and this quality remains until the end. This fragrance has a subtle scent of rum, pleasantly floral, very pleasantly spicy, light and pleasantly chocolaty, very balanced and elegant. Way to go.
A fragrance like an English gentleman pirate Very high quality. It smells very natural, neither artificial nor cheap. A non-scent that really is one mMn. There should be more of these scents.

With kind regards
An evening on Tortuga
Today I got a sample (thanks ElysaShades) of the fragrance and sprayed a stroke on my arm. It starts extremely smoky, with a certain sweetness (rum?) in the background, somehow smells like a dive with cigars, rum and light ladies. A very nice start, I think. But is that really a men's fragrance? Really sexy and wicked with the sweet rum note fits in my opinion better to a lady. Whereby Lady is probably the wrong expression, the whole thing is too sinful.

In any case, a great fragrance for the evening to go out, definitely nothing for work. On my skin it holds itself also quite well, the Sillage is not too obtrusive. I'm gonna try it out a couple more times, not sure if it really suits me.

But I'm in the mood for a bar now, thank you Atkinsons!

Treasure chest found
Considering the main notes in Pirates' Grand Reserve, rum and chocolate, happen to be two of my favorites this fragrance was always going to be a pretty safe bet for me. And indeed I happen to love it; it's sweet, boozy, gourmandy and grown up, a permanent presence in my winter rotation.

That's not to say the fragrance is without its problems: it would have been nice for the rum note to last longer than 15 minutes, both longevity and projection could be better and the price... well, unless you end up loving the juice madly it's going to feel overpriced since there are similar fragrances in the market available for less money. Still, whenever I spray some Grand Reserve it brings a smile to my face and makes me feel for a moment like an intrepid Caribbean pirate. Hard not to love that.

IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 16 months ago
Atkinsons deserved a praise on this creation. It is not too sweet, but addictive. Like Thierry Mugler A series, once you spray, you love it.
ItchynoseItchynose 17 months ago
Rum and chocolate combo. Great but If the blend wasn't so weak it would be amazing.

by Itchynose
by Itchynose
by Miguellink
by Miguellink

Popular Atkinsons

Oud Save The King (Eau de Parfum) by Atkinsons 24 Old Bond Street by Atkinsons The Odd Fellow's Bouquet by Atkinsons 24 Old Bond Street Triple Extract (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Atkinsons Amber Empire by Atkinsons Gold Fair in Mayfair by Atkinsons The Big Bad Cedar by Atkinsons His Majesty The Oud by Atkinsons Scilly Neroli by Atkinsons Oud Save The Queen (Eau de Parfum) by Atkinsons Falling In Leaves by Atkinsons Rockford (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Atkinsons Love In Idleness by Atkinsons White Rose de Alix by Atkinsons The Excelsior Bouquet by Atkinsons Lavender on the Rocks by Atkinsons The Other Side of Oud by Atkinsons 44 Gerrard Street by Atkinsons Fashion Decree by Atkinsons 41 Burlington Arcade by Atkinsons