Amber Empire 2015

Amber Empire by Atkinsons
Bottle Design Aesthete, Thierry de Baschmakoff
Amber Empire is a popular perfume by Atkinsons for women and men and was released in 2015. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by Perfume Holding.

Maurice Roucel

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesOolong tea, Chinese magnolia
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Myrrh, Frankincense, Vanilla, White musk

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 05.01.2021.

Lightly sweetened tea scent
Indeed, a fine oolong tea note immediately surrounds me: slightly tart, slightly floral. Bergamot gives some freshness, but is not outstanding. - When did I last drink oolong? Yet there's a filled tea tin on the shelf. So it's tea time this afternoon. - After a while, I also notice a slight smoky note. You can already tell: 3 x light. But clearly and well perceptible Oolong.

The tea note lasts about an hour for me. That's when I also have to direct my nose already in the direction of the wrist, to investigate further, how it goes on. It becomes warm and spicy, incense, I think, in a rather restrained way.

In fact, "Amber Empire" turns up the heat after a while. It becomes warm, spicy and sweet. While the base doesn't reach the vibrancy of a freshly sprayed fragrance, I do notice it when I'm moving around even if I don't put my nose to it. This is also when I feel reminded of the base of my previously commented fragrance "Ambra del Nepal": soft, warm, spicy, light caramel, soft woody notes. It doesn't get quite as sweet and not quite as caramel, but there's no denying a kinship. This is all the more surprising when I then notice that in "Amber Empire" amber is not listed at all, but myrrh.

Conclusion: I like "Amber Empire", but a "must-in-the-collection" does not arise. Perhaps it is also a bit awkward to test two amber fragrances (even if one is gefaket [New German]) one after the other. So: if you prefer a teen note to start a fragrance than an herbaceous one, and if you prefer it less sweet and caramel, go for "Amber Empire". He is at all the altogether finer and more elegant fragrance.

I thank Lenni1985 for the test opportunity.

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by Jui78
by Jui78

Popular Atkinsons

Oud Save The King (Eau de Parfum) by Atkinsons Gold Fair in Mayfair by Atkinsons 24 Old Bond Street by Atkinsons 24 Old Bond Street Triple Extract (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Atkinsons The Odd Fellow's Bouquet by Atkinsons The Big Bad Cedar by Atkinsons His Majesty The Oud by Atkinsons Rockford (1985) (Eau de Toilette) by Atkinsons Scilly Neroli by Atkinsons Pirates' Grand Reserve by Atkinsons Oud Save The Queen (Eau de Parfum) by Atkinsons White Rose de Alix by Atkinsons Falling In Leaves by Atkinsons The Other Side of Oud by Atkinsons Love In Idleness by Atkinsons The Excelsior Bouquet by Atkinsons Lavender on the Rocks by Atkinsons Fashion Decree by Atkinsons 44 Gerrard Street by Atkinsons Her Majesty The Oud by Atkinsons