The Other Side of Oud (2019)

The Other Side of Oud by Atkinsons

The Other Side of Oud is a new perfume by Atkinsons for men and was released in 2019. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by Perfume Holding.

Top Notes Top NotesGinger, Cinnamon, Cardamom
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Coffee blossom, Oud
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla absolute, Roasted coffee

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.08.2019

5.0 8.0 8.0 6.0/10

Carpintero
Hello from the other side
After reading through some statements here, finding the notes of the fragrance very, very appealing and interesting, and being open to new things, I made my way to the perfumery of my choice today to test The Other Side Of Oud.

On the test strip it didn't smell very appealing, it just had to smell on the skin. Arriving there I first noticed a good dose of coffee and hotness. Whoa!
The coffee was so unusual and new (as perfume) for me that I fell in love at the same time. Not only did it smell of coffee, it also had something very hot and spicy about it. Nothing that could be overestimated if it were a dish I would certainly not say "Beware, sharp!", but it certainly had a very lavish pep.

After about 5 minutes of coffee orgasm the first disillusionment followed: a massive sweetness appeared which I had neither expected nor wanted. This sweet, almost obtrusive fragrance let even the slightest hint of spice fade into the background: I heard nothing more of cinnamon and cardamom, coffee also completely gone, what remained was obtrusive vanilla paired with something pseudo-fresh followed by floral notes. Ginger was still light, but not very strong. No trace of Oud, frankly, I just can't smell him.

The shelf life is above average, definitely. I sprayed the scent on myself 7 hours ago and it is still very strong, but not this great coffee-spice mixture, but the funny sweet-sporty one. Sillage is also excellent, there is nothing wrong with it.

And may you have mercy on me and not throw me to the lions for (very sweet) food: but for 7 hours I puzzled what this fragrance might remind me of... and now I know: Boss In Motion. This round silver bottle with orange line in the middle. Right on this scent, only felt 10,000 times stronger.

I had the sample bottled and will certainly wear the scent to work, but I would most likely not buy this scent.

Popular Atkinsons

Oud Save The King by Atkinsons The Legendary Collection - The Odd Fellow's Bouquet by Atkinsons The Emblematic Collection - 24 Old Bond Street by Atkinsons The Legendary Collection - Amber Empire by Atkinsons The Emblematic Collection - 24 Old Bond Street Triple Extract by Atkinsons Oud Save The Queen by Atkinsons The Contemporary Collection - Posh on the Green by Atkinsons The Legendary Collection - Fashion Decree by Atkinsons The Contemporary Collection - Pirates' Grand Reserve by Atkinsons The Contemporary Collection - The Big Bad Cedar by Atkinsons His Majesty The Oud by Atkinsons The Contemporary Collection - Lavender on the Rocks by Atkinsons The Legendary Collection - Love In Idleness by Atkinsons The Legendary Collection - The British Bouquet by Atkinsons The Contemporary Collection - Scilly Neroli by Atkinsons The Legendary Collection - The Nuptial Bouquet by Atkinsons The Legendary Collection - The Excelsior Bouquet by Atkinsons The Contemporary Collection - Mint & Tonic by Atkinsons Gold Fair in Mayfair by Atkinsons The Contemporary Collection - Rose in Wonderland by Atkinsons