Voodoo Flowers 2020

Voodoo Flowers by Atl. Oblique
Bottle Design Mario Lombardo
7.8 / 10 75 Ratings
Voodoo Flowers is a popular perfume by Atl. Oblique for women and men and was released in 2020. The scent is leathery-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top Notes LimeLime ChampagneChampagne GinGin SageSage
Heart Notes Heart Notes IrisIris GingerGinger JasmineJasmine VioletViolet Pink pepperPink pepper
Base Notes Base Notes StyraxStyrax Canary Islands juniperCanary Islands juniper LeatherLeather VetiverVetiver CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Freshdennis, last update on 15.11.2022.

3 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 25
Double Sense
This isn't perfume. This is fragrant music. Music that goes straight to the gut without detours. Not intellectual, not filtered and not trimmed for good manners and beauty. Instead powerful, good smelling rhythm. Blues rock at its finest.

Lime, champagne, gin? Can be, it sparkles in any case. From the beginning, there is force and presence. Who has ever seen the wonderful concert film "Stop Making Sense" about the Talking Heads, knows what I'm talking about. David Byrne takes the stage and things start slow and rhythmic until the rest of the band members arrive. Same here. And then the aroma of "Burning Down the House" hits my ears and nose. What an opening... I switch to "Once in a Lifetime" as the opening calms down a bit.

Iris, violet, jasmine, and other florals? I don't care, notes aren't important here at all. They just add little flashes of light to the voodoo magic. Plus, the peppery leather quickly shows up now, very sexy and spacey. Along with a fair amount of smoke. Both together just leaves room for old classics like "Stairway to Heaven" or "Another Brick in the Wall" or what have you. Ginger Baker's drum solo from Cream's "Toad" also fits perfectly, but it's hardcore....

The smoky leather slowly greens and settles. What remains has soft tones and sets my mood gently and calmly. I think of "Rough God Goes Riding" by Van Morrison with its wonderful sax solos. With that, the fragrance fades out, beautifully....

For all its psychedelic rockiness, Voodoo Flower is dominant and present, but actually never loud or overbearing. A very physical scent for nose and ears, which immediately sets head cinema in motion. At the same time completely portable.

My two previous commenters also noticed the music in this fragrance. Marylin Manson is nothing for me, but the world is colorful. Floyd took inspiration from Jimi Hendrix. I'd like to follow that, but it doesn't work. The yowling, screeching, winding in endless loops Fender I do not hear here, unfortunately.

The perfume has a wonderfully appropriate name.
Very helpful Review 20
Marilyn Manson or the 3 from the state chancellery
Every morning when I drive to work, Bayern 3 is on the radio, it's canned good mood music, the presenters are in a good mood, that's how it should be. I especially like the 3 from the State Chancellery. Aiwanger is my favorite - from the original hardly distinguishable.

But who can stand this kind of good humor in the long run? Not me like that - and come home in the afternoon, recapture my good headphones, my daughter almost howls, I don't care, I listen to Marilyn Manson to the hilt. Then I come down, the guy's got a killer voice, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Now I'm in a good mood.

For me, Voodoo Flower fits the champagne bathing Dita von Teese and Marilyn Manson, the former dream couple. He drinks gin, the bubbly is for her, both in leather gear. Ever since the Duke of Penhaligon, I know I like gin in perfume and I don't even need rose for that. The rose here is an iris. Voodoo Flower is not as loud as Marilyn, but it has a better longevity and doesn't radiate more than Duke. Here still bissi ginger, a nice leather note (rather leather jacket than fine suede glove) comes to it, and the smoky juniper.

The atomizer is really great, there comes out a great mist that spreads nicely on your skin. So far I have noticed these fine atomizers at Penhaligon, Ex Nihilo, Byredo and Ganymede. Just love these and it makes a wonderful fragrance experience for me.
Top Review 57
Voodoo Child Slight Return 1968
Slanting wah-wah rattles in the champagne glass, sends colorful bubbles into the buzzing hall, bubbles like liquid colors in the slide projector, carbonation of pepper and sage, Hendrix's high strings shoot sharp ginger, before the Marshall towers deep cedar-juniper waves snare, pipes smoke, well I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it off with the edge of my hand, as the Fender catches fire, burning all the flowers in the paisley patterns, under the black leather vests, the old, greasy, scuffed ones, under which the hippie skins are already sweating, swaying heavily in the sound like soft roots growing out of oily earthy soil, among the dark tall grasses smoldering like smoke-distorted waves, until the feedbacks of the roots fall into the animal skins, the leathery waves roll out in the mist, on a cedar-covered beach, I pick up all the pieces and make an island.
Atelier Oblique by renowned designer Mario Lombardo has existed as a niche perfume house in Berlin Mitte since 2016. Lombardo created the label to capture his own memories in fragrances.
"Voodoo Flowers" transports the blues rock of the 60s and 70s into the present day. The sparkling top note of predominantly high green notes and ginger leads thereby quickly into a minimal animalic leather, which is characterized by earthy-rooty aromas (iris and vetiver) and dark, oily and smoky notes (cedar juniper and vetiver). In the drydown, the wood of the cedar increasingly comes into play. Jimi plays the Voodoo Child in an eight-hour version, remains in the volume thereby rather moderate.

(With thanks to Bloodxclat)

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

5 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Atl. Oblique

Saint by Atl. Oblique Bohemian Woods by Atl. Oblique Lightfalls by Atl. Oblique Moon Sigh by Atl. Oblique Beton Brut by Atl. Oblique White Light by Atl. Oblique Marble Sea by Atl. Oblique Closer by Atl. Oblique April Skies by Atl. Oblique