Ryukyu / 琉球 by Auphorie

Ryukyu 琉球 2019

NorthernSky
29.06.2020 - 06:50 PM

Distant and cold

If I didn't look at the notes of Ryukyu, I would say it smells... mineral. Like powdered rocks and cold water from the stream. that's what ai mainly get, it's a strange fragrance that escapes words and descriptions. From the beginning to the end, it remains cold and dostant andhard to grasp.
I am not sure if this is what I expected from the notes (spoiler alert: I didn't). I thought it would be creamy, tropical, with a slight citrus vein running through it.
It smells nothing like tropical scents I have known so far, which focus on the flowers and juicy fruit, this is a remote pace somehwere far away, a cave where an old monk has been meditating for a century.
It's a bit on an experience this one. I can't say it's a scent I would describe as wearable, but it's beautiful in its way if you're in a market for a contemplative fragrance.

Latest Reviews

NorthernSkyNorthernSky 2 years ago
Tuberose / Golden Tuberose - Daniel Josier

Tuberose / Golden Tuberose Creamy gourmand take on tuberose
I have read reviews comparing this one to Carnal Flower or saying it's green or spicy. On me- nothing of this kind. Josier's Tuberose is a beautiful, gourmand white floral, but devoid of the carnal facet of CF, and is overal much...

NorthernSkyNorthernSky 2 years ago
Rose Seljuke - Chopard

Rose Seljuke Beautiful full bodied rose
I suppose this line is not very popular because of availability (where can you actually test these in store?) and high pricing. With 100 ml currently retailing at £247.00 in the UK, it is wel labove what any other brands like Lancome...