Desert Pure-Fume - Dune Primrose (2001)

Desert Pure-Fume - Dune Primrose by Aveda

Desert Pure-Fume - Dune Primrose is a perfume by Aveda for women and was released in 2001. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued.

Submitted by Aquila2110, last update on 12.01.2016.

Science Fiction Double Feature Dune Primrose
I have had this same bottle in my collection since 2001. I never seem to wear it, but I love to sniff it. What is so astonishing to me is that, I have the roller ball form and it has not gone "off/rancid" as so many roller ball pens are want to do. It is just as I remember it each time, strong, fresh and extraterrestrial. It is the most intriguing and indeed pure singular note parfum concentrate I have ever experienced. I can't say that I understood what primrose smelled like before I had this. But I can say that I have since taken up gardening and this smells exactly like the delicate little bright blossoms on the primrose bushes at the nursery. This fragrance concentrate is quite strong and initially very soapy, with a sturdy lemony verbena base thus a light hand is suggested when applying. I find that it smells glorious on a warm sunny day and last for hours, however, sadly, it is capable of inducing the most severe migraines if I choose the wrong sunny day. I am happily surprised that it is still in production apparently, although I know I will never run out of my current bottle at this rate. I recommend trying this for a supernova otherworldly and totally unique layering note in the warm Summer months. Need to made that "Vanille Abricot" or "Musc Blue" 'Pop' a little for a night out on the town? Add a dab of this one! This also has a bit of a camphoric aroma, which makes it strangely unisex and just 'curiouser and curiouser'.

Popular Aveda

Chakra 1 by Aveda Pure-Formance by Aveda Chakra 3 by Aveda Chakra 2 by Aveda Chakra 6 by Aveda Chakra 7 by Aveda Desert Pure-Fume - Joshua Tree by Aveda Chakra 4 by Aveda Yatra by Aveda