Black Suede (1980) Eau de Toilette

Black Suede (Eau de Toilette) by Avon

Black Suede (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Avon for men and was released in 1980. The scent is synthetic-woody. It is still in production.

Mossy notes, Spices, Vanilla, Amber, Woods, Musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.10.2019

8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

The ghost of Dunhill for Men 1934
is right here now.
Naturally more ethereal, less tangible and he doesn't want to be afraid anymore.
I know or owned Dunhill for men and somehow he didn't really like me, although I would have liked him so much. The reason is the following: I know a nice, white-haired (full), but quite certain, approx. 75 year old gentleman, who would have been visually perfect a British colonel of the colonial era (incl. giant schnauzer). This man always smells of tobacco original (M&W) and often I wanted to ask him (theoretically) if he would like to have this scent in better (Dunhill for men). Of course I did not do that, the reaction from him would most likely have been a bird show, or something like that, rightly so.
However, I had once worn Dunhill for men and he met me (again with TO) and I noticed that I had more in common with the mid-70s white-haired colonel than I liked and I am not that far yet.
But now back to Avon Black Suede. Avon's perfumer must have had this colonel in mind as well in 1980, who he would have liked to rejuvenate a little, but still wanted to leave his destiny to him. It should be less leathery, bitter and musty, but the tonka bean a little sweeter. Its stiffness should only stand out or better reach out subliminally through fine, weak herbs and spices. Rather like a weak perfume, rather than a heavy EDC, he should appear. Unfortunately, the chief physician made a small mistake during this rejuvenation cure, which he knew in advance and could not avoid; he had to synthesize; on the one hand the non-existing means - on the other hand to take note of or better said to perceive his buyers of this ultimately not failed rejuvenation cure.
The true, real and unaffected colonel can wait 25 years for me.

2.5 5.0 7.0/10

Avon's best masculine
I have been a tiny bit of a perfume snob, so I've often pushed aside many Avon fragrances thinking they were cheap and nasty. However, after receiving an Avon catalogue on my doorstep with some Avon perfume samples, I retract my previous comments.

Black Suede could easily be unisex in my opinion. It has a beautiful powdery-like quality that is rather classic in a sense and soothing.

For some reason I feel leather in this fragrance, but only a very slight hint of it. This fragrance is mostly musk, woodsy notes, sweet nutmeg and clove.

The scent reminds me of crisp, white pressed shirts that my Father wore to work each day. It has a very clean and fresh feel that is lovely on both sexes.

On me, this fragrance is soft, powdery nutmeg and leather, however on a man's skin Black Suede is far more masculine and warmer. I agree that this does have an almost baby powder type smell, however I'm a big fan of scents like that and sometimes wished more men smelt like this.

A man wearing Black Suede would be a man that I could trust and feel comfortable around. It's not a scent meant to drive women wild, it's a comforting fragrance designed make a lady feel safe and secure around her man. I highly recommend.

by YKem
by YKem

Popular Avon

Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Christian Lacroix - Absynthe by Avon Today by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Perceive (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Tahitian Holiday by Avon Black Suede (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Little Black Dress / Chic in Black (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Christian Lacroix - Rouge by Avon Extraordinary by Avon Moonwind (Eau de Cologne) by Avon Célèbre (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Pur Blanca (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Sweet Honesty by Avon Far Away Exotic by Avon Mesmerize for Men (Cologne) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Today Tomorrow Always for Him by Avon