Extraordinary 2005

Extraordinary by Avon
Extraordinary is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 2005. The scent is sweet-oriental. The production was apparently discontinued.

Harry Frémont

Top Notes Top NotesGrapefruitGrapefruit RaspberryRaspberry Mandarin orangeMandarin orange PepperPepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesDark chocolateDark chocolate GingerGinger LotusLotus MagnoliaMagnolia OrchidOrchid
Base Notes Base NotesMuskMusk PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.11.2021.

5.5

Dark Chocolate, Black Pepper, and Asian Ginger
Top Notes: Grapefruit, Raspberry, Mandarine, Pepper.

Heart Notes: Dark Chocolate, Ginger, Lotus, Magnolia, Orchid.

Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla.

The first thing that attracted me to Extraordinary was the notes which looked very good, and of course the bottle is quite lovely, so naturally, I purchased it. I have owned it for months now, but I have worn it only infrequently due to the number of fragrances in my collection.

Extraordinary is a spicy fragrance. I cannot discern all of the notes, but the dark chocolate, black pepper, and ginger persist throughout the wearing for me. A hint of mandarine appears in the top notes but does not last for very long. I think I also detect a bit of patchouli in the dry down, but to my nose, Extraordinary is all about the chocolate, the pepper, and the ginger. Normally, neither black pepper nor ginger are amongst my most beloved notes, but they work well enough here.

Extraordinary wears much closer to the skin and much softer than I thought it would do. I get 4+ hours from it if I use 8-10 sprays spread across my arms, decollatage, and thighs. I suppose I use it more like a body spray than an eau de parfum. Overall, I like it, but I probably would not repurchase it once I use up the bottle I have now.

Extraordinary is pretty unisex in my opinion. It is soft enough to be worn to one's office, but it would probably be best reserved for casual wear. I would not call it "sexy," but it is a nice chocolate scent for those who love chocolate. I would label it a spicy Oriental rather than a gourmand because although the chocolate note is unmistakeable, it does not smell "edible" as do so many Bath and Body Works gourmand fragrances, for instance. It is a good buy for the price point if you like these notes, and the bottle is so gosh darn cute.

Fragrance: 5.5/10

Projection: 5/10

Sillage: 5/10

Longevity: 5/10

interestingly Extraordinary
Extraordinary opens as citrus and pepper to me, not sure that I like this phase much as I really don’t like grapefruit. But it warms up to an interesting dark chocolate and ginger scent with touches of orchid, patchouli, and musk. It drys down about 4 hours later to a sweet musky vanilla with a hint of chocolate still lingering. I actually ended up really liking Extraordinary.

Sillage goes from inches to skin, and lasts over 6 hrs total on me.

Chocolate And Spices In A Warm Custard
On my usual round of thrift and vintage stores, I found Extraordinary, an Avon fragrance I wasn't familiar with from the past. Checked the notes, thought they were interesting, and knew I would buy it.
The sales associate that had taken it from the display case, pulled the bottle out of the box, sniffed it before handing it to me and announced, "Oh, smells like another Avon perfume!" (Thank you for your poignant assessment, ma'am. I'll keep it in mind if I decide to make a purchase today.)
She then inquired as to what I was reading about the perfume on my phone. I explained how each perfume has notes, flavors if you may, to make each one unique and interesting to their users. She asked what did this perfume have and I mentioned notes of chocolate, champagne and pepper. "Oh, I never knew such things existed in perfumes." And then I mentioned the forbidden word. Patchouli. "Ewwww...no wonder I didn't like it," she went on. "My boss wears patchouli every day. I hate it." And there you have it. A full impression from a sniff of a bottle top. Kind of reminds me of those paper strips that are supposed to tell us if we like a perfume or not. Which of course, they impossibly cannot. There was so much I wanted to talk about perfume with this young woman...
Now I love my patchouli. Funny thing is, I hardly get any from this scent. But I do get chocolate. Chocolate as if I grated a bar of baker's chocolate over a warm, thick, creamy custard. It's not a sweet chocolate that's cloying, just comforting and relaxing. There's a hint of spice in Extraordinary, it's the ginger that lays very low sprinkled on the sweet patchouli leaves that are sitting on the side of the custard plate for decoration, but their soft aroma wafts upward to your nostrils from the heat of the dessert.
Uplifting and fresh to start, Extraordinary's notes are blended to give this perfume a gourmand-like flair with an excellent run. A good eight hours later, I still sensed a musky scent with chocolate and spices that was soft and sensual. A very rare occurrence for me.
The name, Extraordinary, along with swirling patterns, similar to a fleur-de-lis design, is embossed in gold on the back of the bottle so you can see it through the front of the tall rectangular glass.
Quite a happy purchase for me and yes, this fragrance is extraordinarily delightful.

Extraordinary
Luxury in a bottle with one spray your
addicted! the opening starts off with a
blast of Rich dark Chocolate with a nuance of pepper and an unsual concoction of tangerine and grapefruit
for the drying down. Ginger is easy to
detect but the chocolate is the dominate note here orchid with it's
semi-sweet Orchid as the suporting basis. the drydown has an bitter end with sandalwood the patchouli is barly
noticable the musk makes it sexy with
musk can make perfumes sexy. animalistic qualties are prevalent in one single spray.

the bottle is so elegant i thought is wasn't from avon; avon are know for there tacky cheap scents but this can be
a Relative to Dolce & Gabbana because it's so different from other avon perfumes. one spray i'm transported
to an Mansion in Beverly Hills and the paletes of Gold and black in the Bedroom where a luxious bed with golden sheets gold and black pillows with an black canopy with gold trimmiing a tall
sender woman with long wavy blonde hair
with gold stletto's and a shiny golden
top just there seductivly staring
and eating chocolate dipped srawberries.

it maybe from Avon but it's a Great Perfume.

by Sorceress
by Arlufkin
by Jabelchen
by Jabelchen

Popular by Avon

Absolute by Elite Gentleman by Avon Today by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Far Away Royale by Avon Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Topaze (Cologne) by Avon Occur! (Cologne) by Avon Casbah (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Wild Country (Cologne) by Avon Régence / Elégance (Cologne) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Foxfire (Ultra Cologne) by Avon Night Magic Evening Musk by Avon Mesmerize (Cologne) by Avon Premiere Luxe Oud for Him by Avon Far Away Infinity by Avon Unforgettable (Perfume Oil) by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Sweet Honesty (Cologne) by Avon