Facets 1988

Facets by Avon
Facets is a popular perfume by Avon for women and was released in 1988. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Perfumer & Creative Guidance

Ann Gottlieb (Product Developer)

Top Notes Top NotesVioletViolet
LabdanumLabdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
OakmossOakmoss
MuskMusk
FrankincenseFrankincense

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.03.2021.

Eternal Feminine Appeal
My bottle of Facets is probably from the late 1980s to early 1990s. I am unsure how long this fragrance was in production, but I am glad to have it in my collection because it is beautiful.

Facets is a sweet floral that smells feminine, innocent yet sexy, warm, voluptuous, and very happy. At least it makes me feel happy anytime I apply it. I detect the violet immediately upon application, and soon the other notes follow including a gorgeous, heady tuberose that makes me swoon. The only note I cannot detect is the oak moss. It reminds me slightly of the much more expensive Bucheron Bucheron. I own both, and whilst I like the latter very much, I think I might like Facets a little more. I wish I had it in body creme and dusting powder, too. It is a fragrance in which to drown, but oh what a happy death it would be!

Facets is simply delicious. It is the kind of perfume that I cannot imagine anyone ever disliking. This sort of fragrance has an eternal appeal. Personally, I am quite taken with it, or could not you tell? :) There is something Guerlainesque about it, especially in the dry down which is very warm and transportive. The bottle, too, is lovely. Whilst exclusive houses such as Guerlain, Chanel, Lutens, Malle, and others are using the same bottle with a different label for every fragrance, Avon continues to produce some really appealing bottles now that it is long since past the "kiddie" bottles of the 1970s, and to be honest, the packaging does matter to me. I love a beautiful bottle.

This is a very feminine fragrance suitable to virtually any venue. I think it would be a sexy date night fragrance, although it could certainly be worn during the daytime, too. Projection and sillage are moderate. I wish longevity were better, but my bottle is quite old, so that may be the reason why I do not get particularly good longevity from it. In any case, Facets is definitely full bottle worthy for me. If you like these notes, I think you will love this fragrance. This is one of the discontinued fragrances that Avon should definitely bring back. Gorgeous!

Fragrance: 8/10
Projection: 6/10
Sillage: 6/10
Longevity: 5/10

Elegance and Refinement
Avon Facets, circa 1988, is definitely a throwback to when perfumes were real perfumes, when real ingredients were used, when perfumes smelled strong and bodacious. It’s womanly and not for someone looking for a body mist full of fruit and bubblegum. It’s full of wonderful notes of oakmoss, leather, amber, incense and sandalwood that unfold as the hours go by as you sniff your wrist and you’re surprised as each layer unfolds. To reiterate, it’s a real perfume.
It lingers. It reminds you what perfume should be. It’s a classic scent that makes you want to dress elegantly and put up your hair. It reminds you of going out to dinner in a nice restaurant instead of a chain that advertises on tv. Is it old-fashioned? No. It’s just refined.
My bottle is from a box dated 1988 and is a faceted glass with a blue sapphire top that is really quite pretty. The eau de cologne surprisingly lasts for hours and a few sprays is enough to let others know you’re wearing it. It’s creaminess is beautifully done. Facets is a graceful perfume, sophisticated in a quiet way.

by Sorceress
by Sorceress
by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Avon

Absolute by Elite Gentleman by Avon Today by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Premiere Luxe Oud for Him by Avon Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Wild Country (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize (Cologne) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Sweet Honesty (Cologne) by Avon Far Away Infinity by Avon Topaze (Cologne) by Avon Casbah (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Rapture (Cologne) by Avon Moonwind (Cologne) by Avon Occur! (Cologne) by Avon Tomorrow by Avon Destination Grand Canyon by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Today Tomorrow Always for Him by Avon