Far Away 1994Eau de Parfum

Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon
Far Away (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 1994. The scent is floral-oriental. It is being marketed by Natura Cosméticos.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Osmanthus, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Musk, Sandalwood, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 12.09.2020.

Amazing Floral fragrance
This fragrance reminds me of my mom. Because my mother used this smell before.Our house smelled like a beautiful flower garden. This fragrance is still in my childhood memories.

This scent is oriental , floral, feminine, powdery, sexy, elegant and absolutely georgious. Far away has strong sillage and lasts for days
Post from far away
Today I got mail from Vienna, from an old, pardon longtime friend, who was blown by the wind into the beautiful Austrian capital.

Unfortunately, we see each other far too rarely because of the distance - therefore all the more beautiful when you phone or mail.
Nevertheless, it is "Far away" and also the colourful times that unite us.

Laughing we sum up about our golden dancing leg, which was swung until dawn.
And we like to remember the other dinosaurs who always stayed with us until "closing time".
We gave them the "golden leg" in the form of a golden yellow heart-shaped bear, which we attached to the jacket.

In keeping with this thought, I had to dig out Far Away from Avon, a fragrance that we both liked to wear back then.

But it still fits into the here and now - and doesn't seem dusty at all.
A certain nostalgia is already inherent in him, but in the sense of a faithful classic.

The freesia - peach prelude even resembles my beloved Mitsouko - but then Avon takes another flowery direction with jasmine and osmanthus, which is full but fine.
The vanilla brings a delicious note of marzipan and sandalwood makes Far away smooth on the skin.

For me, it's still a fragrance that brings back and brings near by everything that is far away.
Casmir bomb for arms
I was never aware of the Avon brand before perfume. As far as I know there are not in shops, but only by mail order. I don't find the concept so appealing now but of course everything I get between my greedy fingers is tested... so on perfumes ;)

Far Away is probably a kind of figurehead for the brand, so I was quite excited about the test. But I guess it's probably gonna stick.

Right from the start I felt somehow familiar. But more like, "Who's wearing that tacky, cheap perfume?" Overripe peach and luscious flowers. I like it in itself but here it's too intrusive. I have to say that in my rehearsal there was really only a small remainder, nevertheless I had the feeling that I stink the whole bus together today. For me, obtrusive means that on the one hand it smells too sweet and too luxuriant, but it lacks depth, accents, elegance, it just doesn't smell high-quality to me. And an intensive and striking fragrance that does not smell high-quality has something cheap and intrusive for me.

High quality fragrances vibrate for me. You have something three-dimensional. Even the individual scents don't remain static. You take a whiff, and it's like you're drowning in it. Here I sniff, but somehow I can't get any further. There's nothing alive in the scents. Instead of plunging into a sea of flowers, I almost hit the wall.

And while I'm still pondering, which again doesn't suit me here, I remember what else Far Away reminds me of: After three quarters of an hour the flowers withdraw and it remains... CASMIR in overdose. I had written a comment 2 years ago and said that I had sprayed a bit too much and that it killed the smell. At Far Away I have exactly this, but already with one sprayer. As with Casmir it is also here so that vanilla, amber and sandalwood mix together in such a way that it has (at least for me) something of coconut. Casmir actually has coconut as a fragrance, here it is probably just the mixture. However, Far Away is too penetrating for me even with only one sprayer. It lacks the fluffiness that Casmir develops with a discreet dosage

After three to four hours the scent changes again. It becomes a little woody and green. Osmanthus probably trickles in with some delay, but something else is still there. What might that be? A variety of synthetic sandalwood maybe? It even gets a touch of smoke. And I like that for once. Unfortunately, I can only smell it on my skin.

All in all, the fragrance is no revelation to me. But the sillage is really remarkable. Also the durability is above average. You really get a lot of scent for little money. But unfortunately you can smell the lack of quality.

OrchidPoison
The undisputed definition of oriental.
Smells fantastic out of the cap but doesn't agree with my natural skin smell so quickly gives me a headache. Very long lasting; well over 12 hours even after having washed. I wouldn't class it as sweet as it smells nothing like anything from my sweet collection and I can't dislike it even if it's so peppery. It's special and formal in its own way

Rich oriental warmth
Lovely rich warm oriental which at first starts off a bit alcoholic but soon settles into a fine smell. A timeless addition which is underrated because of it's make. Yes avon can be a bit hit and miss but when they get it right they get it right!.

Madkat
Strong sweet spicy oriental goodness
Far away is a strong oriental. First spray (and you can easily get away with just one) I smell warm sweet vanilla with lots of spices, coconut, ylang ylang and gardenia.. As it warms on my skin I get more of the woods and musk and a powdery note evolves. I also get a smokiness. It fades out to a warm vanilla, amber, sandalwood with a touch of spices. The sweet vanilla stay thru the entire wearing reminding me of a spicier jpg classique at times.

Very strong, almost heavy at times, Far Away screams Notice Me! Being a lover of powerhouse sweet orientals this is a favorite of mine..

Huge sillage for the first hour going to arms lenght. Lasts all day on me which is good because you couldn't sneak a touchup during your lunch hour without everyone knowing..

IMO Far Away is one of Avon's best

Intoxicating Spices, Woods And Musk
Ethereal, mysterious, what I imagine the long ago Far Eastern World women must have worn as their perfume oils. Yes, the name fits this perfume. Seven hours ago I sprayed my wrist from two feet away gently and the scent of this oriental fragrance is still heavily with me.
I owned it years back and last summer acquired an older bottle. I've waited for a colder day of winter to wear it again. This is a glorious fragrance.
It's rich and thick in its entire run and certainly not for someone shy or one who likes a lighter, cleaner fragrance. Gardenia and coconut stand the strongest for me with sandalwood wrapped around these notes in a thick musky way. The musk that I inhale from Far away is not the musk that I get from perfumes I've been sampling lately. This musk is thick, almost syrupy, so embracing, that when coupled with the wood it could be stifling if over-sprayed. This is such an exotic smelling perfume that goes on and on and on. Spray a scarf or doily in your home and the scent will there for days.
Close your eyes and it evokes images of rawness, of sexual energy, of days in spring gardens bursting with fresh blooming flowers, of oiled wooden barrels with leather straps filled with intoxicating hot spices, even of antique liquor cabinets that house fine wines and assorted liquors and liqueurs. It takes you to many places.
It's a perfume that entices you to return to your wrist again and again to remind you of those images. It's really that wondrous in its composition.
If I wore it out, I'd spray it prudently, so as not to offend anyone. It's very strong and in today's fruity-gourmand times, Far Away may not be to everyone's liking. A delicate spritz from a few feet away or a walk-through spray is more than enough.
This is a picturesque perfume, one that will bring images to your mind when wearing it. That's when a perfume is worth it's weight. Housed in an opaque round bottle with an art deco fuschia and black round cap, cordoned with a black tassel, Far Away should be on anyone's sample list.
2.5

A cheap yet pleasant sweet and powdery scent
Far Away is a surprisingly likable fragrance. It's quite soft and pretty on the skin. I was immediately struck by the rather sensual and subtle vanilla and gardenia accords, and what appeared to be amber adding an extra sense of warmth.

It's quite a powdery scent, the previous reviewers do not lie. However, I don't find it powdery in a mature sense, rather I find it cozy and mysterious. Vanilla tends to be the main note that drives this composition, yet I must applaud Avon for not making this a sickeningly sweet vanilla fragrance. The vanilla note is rich, powdery and exotic.

The scent becomes a little muskier as the fragrance develops. Unfortunately I can't seem to smell the rose note. Far Away seems overloaded with white florals and vanilla most of the time.

The lasting strength is pretty impressive, however at times I'll admit, it can be cloying. For the cheap prices that are Avon, Far Away is worth it. However at times it is obvious that Far Away has been made from cheap ingredients.
2.5

Oriental Baby Powder
Oriental Baby Powder in a Bottle i
Whould describe it i think it's the
Vanilla and the Amber is making it
Powderly bottle leaves to imagination
it looks cheap. so i don't know what to
make of it.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Warm, sweet , rich and exotic, It conquired me when I tested from a sample. Added to my whishlist.

Nach jedem Regen scheint die Sonne auch wenn sie manchmal far away scheint. Vielen lieben Dank.
by Zora
Blütenpräsenz mit fernöstlichem Flair • Ganz ♥lichen Dank für eure lieben Fotokommentare und Likes, über die ich mich sehr freue !
by Santalwalti
Knospen und Blüten der Kletterhortensie zum Marzipanduft
by Santalwalti
by BeGantle
Kleine Lackdose aus China, für kleinen Krims-Krams gemacht, aber passte so gut zum Duft..
by Pistazieneis
by Boszka79
Far, far away... building castles in the air...
by Sorceress
by Sorceress
by Sunnyiland
by Sunnyiland
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Avon

Today by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize (Cologne) by Avon Night Magic Evening Musk by Avon Destination Grand Canyon by Avon Wild Country (Cologne) by Avon Premiere Luxe Oud for Him by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize for Men (Cologne) by Avon Far Away Infinity by Avon Rapture (Eau de Cologne) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Foxfire (Ultra Cologne) by Avon Topaze (Eau de Cologne) by Avon Casbah (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Sweet Honesty (Cologne) by Avon Today Tomorrow Always for Him by Avon Extraordinary by Avon Rare Pearls (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon