Far Away (1994) Eau de Parfum

Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon

Far Away (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 1994. The scent is floral-oriental. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, Peach
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Osmanthus, Orange blossom
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Musk, Sandalwood, Amber

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.10.2018

8.0 7.0 8.0 8.0/10

Post from far away
Today I got mail from Vienna, from an old, pardon longtime friend, who was blown by the wind into the beautiful Austrian capital.

Unfortunately, we see each other far too rarely because of the distance - therefore all the more beautiful when you phone or mail.
Nevertheless, it is "Far away" and also the colourful times that unite us.

Laughing we sum up about our golden dancing leg, which was swung until dawn.
And we like to remember the other dinosaurs who always stayed with us until "closing time".
We gave them the "golden leg" in the form of a golden yellow heart-shaped bear, which we attached to the jacket.

In keeping with this thought, I had to dig out Far Away from Avon, a fragrance that we both liked to wear back then.

But it still fits into the here and now - and doesn't seem dusty at all.
A certain nostalgia is already inherent in him, but in the sense of a faithful classic.

The freesia - peach prelude even resembles my beloved Mitsouko - but then Avon takes another flowery direction with jasmine and osmanthus, which is full but fine.
The vanilla brings a delicious note of marzipan and sandalwood makes Far away smooth on the skin.

For me, it's still a fragrance that brings back and brings near by everything that is far away.

OrchidPoison
The undisputed definition of oriental.
Smells fantastic out of the cap but doesn't agree with my natural skin smell so quickly gives me a headache. Very long lasting; well over 12 hours even after having washed. I wouldn't class it as sweet as it smells nothing like anything from my sweet collection and I can't dislike it even if it's so peppery. It's special and formal in its own way
7.5 7.5 7.5 9.0/10

Rich oriental warmth
Lovely rich warm oriental which at first starts off a bit alcoholic but soon settles into a fine smell. A timeless addition which is underrated because of it's make. Yes avon can be a bit hit and miss but when they get it right they get it right!.
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Madkat
Strong sweet spicy oriental goodness
Far away is a strong oriental. First spray (and you can easily get away with just one) I smell warm sweet vanilla with lots of spices, coconut, ylang ylang and gardenia.. As it warms on my skin I get more of the woods and musk and a powdery note evolves. I also get a smokiness. It fades out to a warm vanilla, amber, sandalwood with a touch of spices. The sweet vanilla stay thru the entire wearing reminding me of a spicier jpg classique at times.

Very strong, almost heavy at times, Far Away screams Notice Me! Being a lover of powerhouse sweet orientals this is a favorite of mine..

Huge sillage for the first hour going to arms lenght. Lasts all day on me which is good because you couldn't sneak a touchup during your lunch hour without everyone knowing..

IMO Far Away is one of Avon's best
7.5 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Intoxicating Spices, Woods And Musk
Ethereal, mysterious, what I imagine the long ago Far Eastern World women must have worn as their perfume oils. Yes, the name fits this perfume. Seven hours ago I sprayed my wrist from two feet away gently and the scent of this oriental fragrance is still heavily with me.
I owned it years back and last summer acquired an older bottle. I've waited for a colder day of winter to wear it again. This is a glorious fragrance.
It's rich and thick in its entire run and certainly not for someone shy or one who likes a lighter, cleaner fragrance. Gardenia and coconut stand the strongest for me with sandalwood wrapped around these notes in a thick musky way. The musk that I inhale from Far away is not the musk that I get from perfumes I've been sampling lately. This musk is thick, almost syrupy, so embracing, that when coupled with the wood it could be stifling if over-sprayed. This is such an exotic smelling perfume that goes on and on and on. Spray a scarf or doily in your home and the scent will there for days.
Close your eyes and it evokes images of rawness, of sexual energy, of days in spring gardens bursting with fresh blooming flowers, of oiled wooden barrels with leather straps filled with intoxicating hot spices, even of antique liquor cabinets that house fine wines and assorted liquors and liqueurs. It takes you to many places.
It's a perfume that entices you to return to your wrist again and again to remind you of those images. It's really that wondrous in its composition.
If I wore it out, I'd spray it prudently, so as not to offend anyone. It's very strong and in today's fruity-gourmand times, Far Away may not be to everyone's liking. A delicate spritz from a few feet away or a walk-through spray is more than enough.
This is a picturesque perfume, one that will bring images to your mind when wearing it. That's when a perfume is worth it's weight. Housed in an opaque round bottle with an art deco fuschia and black round cap, cordoned with a black tassel, Far Away should be on anyone's sample list.
2.5 7.5 7.5 6.0/10

A cheap yet pleasant sweet and powdery scent
Far Away is a surprisingly likable fragrance. It's quite soft and pretty on the skin. I was immediately struck by the rather sensual and subtle vanilla and gardenia accords, and what appeared to be amber adding an extra sense of warmth.

It's quite a powdery scent, the previous reviewers do not lie. However, I don't find it powdery in a mature sense, rather I find it cozy and mysterious. Vanilla tends to be the main note that drives this composition, yet I must applaud Avon for not making this a sickeningly sweet vanilla fragrance. The vanilla note is rich, powdery and exotic.

The scent becomes a little muskier as the fragrance develops. Unfortunately I can't seem to smell the rose note. Far Away seems overloaded with white florals and vanilla most of the time.

The lasting strength is pretty impressive, however at times I'll admit, it can be cloying. For the cheap prices that are Avon, Far Away is worth it. However at times it is obvious that Far Away has been made from cheap ingredients.
2.5 10.0 7.5 7.0/10

Oriental Baby Powder
Oriental Baby Powder in a Bottle i
Whould describe it i think it's the
Vanilla and the Amber is making it
Powderly bottle leaves to imagination
it looks cheap. so i don't know what to
make of it.

Jazzy76 10 months ago
Warm, sweet , rich and exotic, It conquired me when I tested from a sample. Added to my whishlist.+1

Knospen und Blüten der Kletterhortensie zum Marzipanduft
by Sunnyiland
by BBking
by BBking

Popular Avon

Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Christian Lacroix - Absynthe by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Perceive (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Tahitian Holiday by Avon Today by Avon Black Suede (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Christian Lacroix - Rouge by Avon Extraordinary by Avon Célèbre (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Moonwind (Eau de Cologne) by Avon Far Away Exotic by Avon Little Black Dress / Chic in Black (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Sweet Honesty by Avon Pur Blanca (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Mesmerize for Men (Cologne) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Today Tomorrow Always for Him by Avon