Far Away Gold 2014

Far Away Gold by Avon
Far Away Gold is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by Natura Cosméticos.

Top Notes Top NotesYlang-ylangYlang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasminum auriculatumJasminum auriculatum
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla

Submitted by Buchmensch, last update on 18.06.2022.

Ylang-ylang overdose
I feel like I 've been duped. I no longer have the Far Away original perfume as I gave it away, so can't compare the the two scents. But they smell more or less the same to my nose. The only difference between the two is that this is a lighter version, smells far more expensive, and is easier to wear than the original. Really though, I think if you like one, you will like the other. This flanker is the better of the two though, in my opinion.

Okay, so I get one note in here more than any other: Ylang-ylang. If you don't like that particular note then I would steer clear, as it completely dominates this perfume. I've never been a fan of it because of its overpowering sweetness. As for all the other notes, I can't distinguish any of them because the Ylang-ylang is so heavy.

Far Away Gold is an ultra-feminine, warm, rich, deep, decadent, luxurious and extremely sweet fragrance. I do think it smells absolutely beautiful but alas, for the reasons stated above It's just not for me. I will be gifting it to someone else.
pudelbonzo
So close - and yet so far away
Since I like the original Far away, I blindly ordered the golden version.

The corners of the cartouche were a bit dented, but still foilled - and the scent is also intact.
The abundance is already 80's - but I like that.

I am a nostalgic and like to reminisce.

I would have liked to wear gold in the disco if Foreigner wanted to know what love is - or the Cars asked who was driving me home tonight.

Animated I click on You Tube, and think about our times in the " station Langendreer " where we girls danced and flirted permanently.

Gold would have prevailed with its intensity in the smoky booth.

I think the boys would also have noticed his attractive sweetness.

But he is by no means a cuddler, because noble ylang and elegant jasmine keep distance.
Unsurprisable - but not a "chiseler".

Gold knows he's something special - almost capricious.

He flirts - but is choosy and not in favour of every nonsense - and also not fond of everyone.

He already sets his golden frame - without arrogance.

Here proximity and distance meet in a very special way.

Overwhelming, albeit exotic, syrup
At first spritz, Far Away Gold is overwhelmingly sweet & syrupy vanilla. After it has time to settle, the more exotic coconut and ylang ylang come out to play, with just a small splash of citrus that helps tame some of that syrup. It's thick, rich and exquisite. This fragrance goes through quite a metamorphosis - the drydown is mellow and warm, but there is the overpowering punch of sweetness you have to wait out first. I'd suggest Far Away Gold to gourmand lovers - it's edibly sweet with an exotic punch. Very delicious!

AnessaAnessa 5 years ago
The shower room was filled with this scent after using Fa Cream&Oil Shower Cream with Cacao Butter+Coconut Oil. Equally potent as LVEB

by Misty
by Misty
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular by Avon

Absolute by Elite Gentleman by Avon Today by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Far Away Royale by Avon Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Topaze (Cologne) by Avon Casbah (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Occur! (Cologne) by Avon Wild Country (Cologne) by Avon Foxfire (Ultra Cologne) by Avon Night Magic Evening Musk by Avon Far Away Infinity by Avon Régence / Elégance (Cologne) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize (Cologne) by Avon Premiere Luxe Oud for Him by Avon Unforgettable (Perfume Oil) by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Sweet Honesty (Cologne) by Avon