Far Away Rebel 2018

Far Away Rebel by Avon
Far Away Rebel is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by Natura Cosméticos.

Top Notes Top NotesBlackcurrant liqueurBlackcurrant liqueur Red fruitsRed fruits PlumPlum
Heart Notes Heart NotesOrange blossomOrange blossom Lily of the valleyLily of the valley JasmineJasmine
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouliPatchouli Salted caramelSalted caramel ChocolateChocolate AmberAmber

Submitted by Cincy, last update on 17.06.2022.

Dupe for Black Opium
This was a blind buy. I found this online sale and it was way too cheap to walk past. Luckily Far Away Rebel doesn't smell cheap.

It's a bit lighter version of Black Opium. And by lighter I mean the performance not the scent. Smells very similar so if you love BO but want you to save a coin I highly recommend you to buy this one instead. I'm not a fan of BO so I'm not super into Far Away Rebel either.

It's sweet scent that's great for clubbing. The bottle isn't really a piece of art but don't judge book by it's cover.

There is nothing same between Far Away Rebel and The original Far Away.
Gentle rebel
As a teenager, I couldn't wait for the arrival of our Avon consultant, named Wally, because her collection appealed to me completely.

Decorative cosmetics - and then there were the fragrances that Avon had filled in their favourite flacons.
The most beautiful figurines contained the most beautiful scents.

Unfortunately Avon has moved away from the playful bottle variety - although there are still some fragrances from back then.

So I always have Far away in my collection - and I wouldn't want to miss it.
But what about Far Away Rebel ?

Curiosity drove me to a blind buy.

Rebel, however, is of the original scent " Far away ".

But that doesn't matter, because Rebel in his sweet way appeals to me very much.
The currant liqueur is fruity sweet - embedded in a soft plum.
The jasmine dims the sweetness a little - and together with the lily of the valley a floral phase develops.
The salted caramel has a very special effect - and flows into creamy chocolate.

This rebel wraps around her finger and knows how to assert herself in a gentle and loving way.

I like to have her near me - and she is also friendly in her closeness
Sweet Rebel
Far Away Rebel was the first new Far Away derivative in 2018 for quite some time; due to the great fragrance pyramid which made me hope for an exciting sweet Gourmand fragrance and the good advertising campaign, I was really excited:

"They have this one life. How do you want to spend it? With regrets? Apologize? Trying to copy someone and deny yourself? Do you want to be afraid of other people's reactions? Be brave and trust yourself. Underline your true self. Go your own way self-confidently and do not let yourself be put off by resistance! Accept challenges and live your life the way you want. It is your life and you have only one thing!"

So the Avon advertising department let us know and present the new offshoot in a new, more angular design, which nevertheless has the typical round shape of the other versions and the curved plastic arch - but this time it has no trailer. So far at least the theory about the new "rebel" in the house of Avon.

In practice, I first have to write about the bottle that it lies surprisingly well in the hand and can be opened and closed much better and faster than its competitors due to the much more handy closure. It is of high quality and stable and impresses in real life with rich colours and golden engraving / golden writing as on the prom pictures.

The fragrance itself reminds only weakly, but nevertheless clearly perceptible, of the original Far Away, it goes in the direction of the recently more and more popular fragrances which smell of sweet notes or sweets like for example Paco Rabanne's Pure XS to which it resembles a little bit. What I can smell above all are the black currant liqueur, the salted caramel that harmonises very well with this and light chocolate, plum and amber notes. The remaining components of the fragrance pyramid I can perceive if at all only very weakly or not at all.

Altogether Far Away Rebel was very unusual for me, because I had expected more (as with the other offshoots) a clear presence of the mother note, but I got used to the scent very quickly and find it especially (but not only) for the cooler seasons a great companion that radiates a rebellious character but also a lot of warmth and security.

If you like the Far Away series or Avon fragrances in general, I can only recommend it, there are also very cheap 10 ml pocket sprays where you can try it out. I very much hope that there will be a new offshoot this year or that the Far Away Soleil, which was also released last year, will finally make its way out of the places to us to Europe.

EssilonnEssilonn 18 days ago
Super affordable dupe for Back Opium.

Popular by Avon

Absolute by Elite Gentleman by Avon Today by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Far Away Royale by Avon Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Régence / Elégance (Cologne) by Avon Topaze (Cologne) by Avon Casbah (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Occur! (Cologne) by Avon Wild Country (Cologne) by Avon Foxfire (Ultra Cologne) by Avon Night Magic Evening Musk by Avon Far Away Infinity by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize (Cologne) by Avon Premiere Luxe Oud for Him by Avon Unforgettable (Perfume Oil) by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Sweet Honesty (Cologne) by Avon