In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon 2009 Eau de Parfum

In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon (Eau de Parfum) by Avon
In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 2009. The scent is floral-fresh. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPeach tea
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardeniaGardenia JasmineJasmine MagnoliaMagnolia
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber Cashmere woodCashmere wood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.11.2021.

A carefree summer
I got to know Bloom in summer 2010. I was 30, pretty tired, more precisely just before burnout.
I guess everyone knows that every few years you draw a conclusion. You go inside yourself. If one thinks about what is planned and what has been achieved. I was 30 when it happened. And I got tired and homesick.
I've been working a lot. Long shifts, lots of guests. And that tugged at my nerve costume more and more. And more and more the return thoughts came.
I wanted to go back to Russia. Or rather to youth? And to determine that, I quit for a summer. And on the plane.
A summer long drive through the country. Moscow, St.Petersburg, Caucasus, Central Russia. Big cities, small towns, villages. Old friends visited. New friends found.
Getting out of the sleeping car at half forgotten stations to catch some air. The Babushkas bought their selfknitted scarves and socks. Train acquaintances closed.
There was a train acquaintance in Bloom. The Avon brand is widely used in Russia. A representative drove with me, had some things to sniff with.
And the scent was so clear, so light. Peach and gardenia. It's fresh, but not youthful. And it lasted a good five hours, despite the lightness. At this price, it's just super. I liked him very much. That was the fragrance that fitted perfectly into this carefree summer. He was just to take a breath.
It went well with sandals and beach dresses. For cargo pants and hiking boots. Jeans and T-shirts. And even mini skirts and pumps. Everywhere he was absolutely harmonious.
And now it was empty, summer was over, I had thousands of experiences richer. It went back to Germany. Conclusion drawn, thoughts collected, strength replenished.
At that point, I knew I didn't want to go back. 10 years from now, is that still the case? We'll see about that. The exit was necessary. It brought me a lot.
I'm not saying In Bloom is special. No. But it's a well-done floral fragrance in a beautiful bottle. Well suited for young women. Cheap back then. Now it has become a rarity. Found it in the souk and just bought it.
He likes to wear it. Just for me. I feel a fresh breeze in my hair again, have thousands of pictures in my head. The pictures of a carefree summer.

Gorgeous Gardenia Perfume
This is a gorgeous floral with juicy peach accents (not too sweet; just a clean, fresh peach note). Lovers of fruity florals might wanto give this one a shot. Drydown on me is velvety (must be the cashmere in there..?) and the peach notes are still detectable after several hours (at least on my skin.) Personally I get the Gardenia note on me the most through every phase of its development. Magnolia comes in as a flanker and Jasmine is not noticeable. Great sillage and longevity. I think this is a great perfume for the price and lament its discontinuation.

Gigantic Bouquet of Gardenia
Gardenia is one of those floral notes that do not always work for me, so I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it in this fragrance. In Bloom is indeed a gigantic gardenia bush, luscious, creamy and vibrant. The floral bouquet blooms intensely on my skin making this scent a bit too voluptuous for business or daytime but perfect for informal evening events. I find that this scent works best for me in early spring when the air is still a bit cool and crisp. When I take a walk in the evening, I feel like I am being surrounded by a gardenia veil dancing in cool spring wind. The scent is romantic, classy and feminine.

The opening smells light and fresh with a hint of citrus and magnolia but soon the white floral bouquet emerges and takes complete control of the scent. This is when gardenia starts to shine. There is also a light scent of jasmine in the background. The scent’s base is a cashmere wood, which complements the white floral notes well. The sillage and longevity are quite good on my skin.

Overall score 7.5/10. You have to be a gardenia fan to appreciate this. I do not consider this a modern “light” floral. The scent has substance and carries a tradition of classy white floral scents. One of my favorites from Avon.

Very similar to Burberry Weekend
In Bloom by Reese Witherspoon, in my opinion, is a very likable and refreshing floral fragrance.

My immediate observation was that it smelt very much like my fragrance love, Burberry Weekend. They both share a wonderfully luscious and juicy peach note highlighted by honeyed florals.

The tea note gives In Bloom a sharper and stronger edge that Burberry Weekend lacks. While this fragrance reminds me of happiness and sunshine, I also believe that it could work well as both a casual and formal scent.

The white florals in the heart of this scent are very pretty. Soft and feminine. However what starts out as a rich floral bouquet quickly becomes soapy and clean on the skin.

Due to the 'straight-out-of-the-shower' type feeling that this fragrance conveys, I'd recommend In Bloom for Summer and Spring. I actually think that Reese Witherspoon was the perfect face for this scent. She's the kind of person that could wear classic, feminine, golden and carefree fragrances with ease and confidence.

The drydown is rather pretty with the cashmere wood and amber rounding off the scent with a rich and soothing woodsy-ness. Unfortunately the drydown doesn't last very long, a few minutes at maximum. The overall scent itself lasts about 4-5 hours, not bad but not impressive either.

by Arlufkin
by Arlufkin

Popular by Avon

Absolute by Elite Gentleman by Avon Today by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Far Away Royale by Avon Wild Country (Cologne) by Avon Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Régence / Elégance (Cologne) by Avon Topaze (Cologne) by Avon Occur! (Cologne) by Avon Foxfire (Ultra Cologne) by Avon Night Magic Evening Musk by Avon Far Away Infinity by Avon Casbah (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize (Cologne) by Avon Premiere Luxe Oud for Him by Avon Unforgettable (Perfume Oil) by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Sweet Honesty (Cologne) by Avon