Occur! 1962Cologne

Occur! (Cologne) by Avon
Occur! (Cologne) is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 1962. The scent is spicy-chypre. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesAldehydes, Bergamot, Gardenia, Cardamom, Coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesResins, Jasmine, Lily of the valley, Myrrh, Carnation, Patchouli, Rose, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Castoreum, Oakmoss, Coconut, Leather, Musk, White honey

Submitted by Baeumchen, last update on 06.01.2021.

The appearance - the appearance
Occur I translate times with the "appearance "- the" appearance "- because whenever our Avon Wally rang, that was THEIR appearance and for me an " appearance.

For me a" chocolate day " because not only my mother chose something from her wonder box - I was also allowed to access.

My first fragrance was " Moonwind " which was in a charming Pudelflakönchen.
I was proud as Oscar.

My ma , on the other hand , picked Occur , which Wally translated as " happening " .

At my Ma the fragrance seemed very elegant - but also something wild and stubborn.
All these attributes suited her - because she was a non-conformist lady - but very charming.

The chyprenote irritated my child nose - but I liked the floral fullness.
The spices seem harmonious in Occur - even kind of yummy - though this is not a direct yummy scent.
Coconut and and honey are also attractively soft and appetizing.
The leather, on the other hand, makes a bold appearance, and the oakmoss lends a delicate astringency.

A multi-faceted fragrance - but one that still appealed to my naive child nose.

For me, however, he was too adult - too ladylike - that was already clear to me at the time.
But I took it upon myself to wear it later on.

I think my Occur time has come by now - and I will go looking for it on the net.

Shiobahn
OCCUR no idea what that means... it knocks me out
after i caught a tiny little remainder - that was it for me.

first of all i looked for all the information i could get about occur. then i read the description of DarkMysterie and had to grin. that's exactly how i feel/see it.

the first sprayer and i have to think of my neighbour's cat pee. (there was something with the scent twin. I had read through this from the desperate attempt to get this scent somehow. also wernns from another manufacturer is)
then the odeur of ka.pi. disappears and it becomes flowery - heavy - a bit smoky - velvety. when i crawl in there with my nose it gets dry and woody. that's probably the base that can still be smelled with the heart note i don't really know anything about perfumes. but there are those who really "talk" and you can see how they are - without me knowing what makes them such a smell. so i read through some descriptions.
what is flat I know now. It is not occurring.
...I want to bathe in it.... nee rather roll in it.

where annam gets into my head and lets me be structured. does occur do exactly the opposite. the head can make so many arguments with "yes but....blah blah blah..." the animal wants life with all senses. fuck off think.

...... now that I've hammered the text in here the smell has changed a bit
an old forest or hunting lodge. wood panelling. honey wax candles, oak wood that burns. a large flower bowl on the table with field flowers - a few irises and roses in between. leather bridles on the walls.

but so for everyday life and in the office.... hahahahahahahahahahaaa o.o. there is no one who can really "change gears".
Vintage scent
After I noticed Occur in some perfume blogs because of the animal notes, I have now bought a bottle...
Discreet floral notes, few aldehydes. A spicy, balsamic base note comes through rather quickly. Rather little civet, but with me a clear honey note. Maybe some more musk? Maybe even the banned nitro compounds?
Great for the cold season. I ordered a second bottle in a minute

Briarthorn
Floral zing with a feral growl
This review is of a bottle that dates back to the late 1960s or early 1970s.

OCCUR! opens with loud, soapy aldehydes and a deep feral growl. After the initial aldehyde burst, a lovely white floral mix comes into play. The contrast between the clean and soapy florals with aldehydes and the dirty oakmoss, castoreum with musk is riveting. There is also a completely beautiful spice waiting just under the surface. The spice mix is comprised of Coriander, peppery carnation and cardamom.

When the heart really opens up, a whole new dimension is presented. There is smoky Myrrh and a rich, dark, honey. There is nothing sticky sweet about this honey. It’s decadent and very complex. The Myrrh and honey pair wonderfully with a newly emerged bright floral zing comprised of rose and gardenia. There is also a dry (not sweet), fleshy, and freshly cracked coconut. This coconut adds a certain something that takes this composition from beautiful to amazing. All the incense, florals, and coconut blend perfectly and harmoniously with the castoreum and oakmoss. I want to breath it all in deeply and fully.

The dry down is animalistic and heavy with musk and castoreum. There is still that floral zing sitting on top of the feral elements as well. It’s very beautiful and difficult to describe. This classic “cologne spray” lasts about five hours before it becomes a skin scent and it clings magically to the skin until about nine hours. There is such classic beauty here that it is impossible to deny the mastery of art that went into making this composition. It’s constructed very well and wears beautifully. It’s on my short list of vintage greats.

Not Safe for Work!
I own many dirty, sexy fragrances, from Bal a Versailles to a bunch of naughty-bits chypres. Interestingly, one of the drop-dead raunchiest of them all is this vintage classic from... wait for it...Avon. Lola82's review puts it well -- this is the erotic smell that arises from the drawer that holds Sophia Lauren's makeup and dainties. Contains enough animalics to snare a wildcat.
2.5

Predator underneath
Now what is this... Initially, upon first application, the aldehydes burst out and almost made my eyes water. Yet, very promising. This could turn out either great or a disaster.
Shortly after Occur! became very distinctively animalic. Not vulgar-animalic, more a distanced, "executive-type" of animalic. Something just under the professional surface. Later on it went to a mature, lady-like scent, not romantic, but quite sophisticated.
Then poof! it was all gone, over just a couple of hours. New application, same development.
Now to the interesting point: Late afternoon I applied for the 3rd time, persistant as I am. This time it behaved quite differently. A superfast leap from the aldehydes and bergamot to the animalic part - and now, a different type of animalic. Sweeter, more gentle, and without the predator-like impression from the 2 first applications. It also dried down much sweeter and more cashmere-kitten-purr-ish than before.
I'm not sure which of these developments I like the best. That must be depending on mood probably.
The only thing that disappointed me here is the longevity. In every other aspect a great perfume.

Occur
I Think this is a bit Synthetic but netherless a Perfume of self Interest.
what make interesting and yet with a sting in the tail is the Unusual Mixure
of Leather and Honey and with the stylax
Civet myrrah whould'nt appeal to anyone
unless Brave it has some Vintage Eroticism to it like Italy or France
in the early 1960's a boy of 13 discovering an attractive Neibour next door Who looks like Sophia Loren Or Brigette Bardot. or going to your mother's Burgandy with faint orche stems and green leaves and a Ebony Trimed Round Vanity Mirror all Ebony
And you open the drawers and you see
Eyelash Curlers Red Lipstick Dark Nail Polish Perfumes Bras and Panties and when he saw them it became awaking for him this what i get a vibe Erotisim. without Expilciism

by Piapedersen
by Savanoja
by DarkMystery
by DarkMystery

Popular Avon

Today by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize (Cologne) by Avon Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Destination Grand Canyon by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize for Men (Cologne) by Avon Far Away Infinity by Avon Casbah (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Absolute by Elite Gentleman by Avon Rapture (Cologne) by Avon Rare Pearls (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Foxfire (Ultra Cologne) by Avon Wild Country (Cologne) by Avon Moonwind (Cologne) by Avon Topaze (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize Black for Men by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Sweet Honesty (Cologne) by Avon