Rare Gold (1995) Eau de Parfum

Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon

Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-sweet. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Peach, Ylang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesAldehydes, Gardenia, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Orange blossom, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woods, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Irielle666, last update on 21.01.2018

7.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Beautiful White Floral with Sweet Ylang-Ylang
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Peach, Ylang-Ylang, Bergamot.

Heart Notes: Aldehydes, Tuberose, Orange Blossom, Gardenia, Jasmine, Lily of the Valley.

Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Woodsy Notes.

I recently acquired a vintage bottle new in box bottle of Rare Gold, the one with the fan shaped top. Upon first spray, I did not like it very much. It seemed to have the typical Avon DNA that I have never really cared for in the past. However, I persevered and tried it a second, a third, a fourth, and now a fifth time, and each time I wear it, I like it more and more.

The peach note in it is sweet, juicy, and verging on overripeness--the total opposite of the peach note in Mitsouko EdP which is much greener and drier to my nose. The ylang-ylang really compliments the peach and the various white flowers. It smells quite sweet, juicy, creamy, and well, luscious. Might it almost be a tropical? Possibly so.

I do not detect much amber or sandalwood in Rare Gold. I get some sandalwood and vanilla in the deep dry down. I mainly perceive the peach, ylang-ylang, and various white flowers throughout. With four big sprays I get quite decent projection and sillage. Longevity is a very solid 3+ hours on me before it begins to evolve into into a skin scent. If I only use two sprays, I do not get the projection, sillage or longevity I get with four, so I would say Rare Gold is not a fragrance that is very easily over sprayed, but more than four good sprays would probably be a bit too much for most.

Rare Gold smells like a more expensive fragarnce than it is. At this price point, if you like these notes, I think you should try it. It is sweet, feminine, and sexy in an innocent sort of way. Think Mary Ann, not Ginger.

Fragrance: 7.5/10
Longevity: 7/10
Sillage: 8/10 for the first two or three hours then 3/5 for another two or three hours.
Projection: 8/10 for the first two or three hours then 3/5 for another two or three hours.

Rare Gold turns into a skin scent on me in about five hours which is not too shabby. I have some much more expensive parfums (looking at you Chanel) that do not perform this well.
5.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Still Nice, But Not What It Used to Be
I remember wearing this in the 90's, and the old formulation with the fan-topped bottle is superior to the current one. However, the current formulation is still quite good. The older formula seemed more complex and slightly more animalistic. The sillage was better with the old formula as well.

I still wear this fragrance often, and I agree with what the others have said about notes. I'd describe it as a peachy floral balanced with aldehydes and a weak muskiness. It's not particularly complex, but that adds to it.

It's a good work fragrance because it's not overpowering in any way. I get a lot of compliments on it, but with the current formula, I find I only like this, while I used to love it.
5.0 5.0 5.0/10

A fairly straight-forward peachy floral
I'm the kind of person that's always out for a bargain, and occasionally I give Avon a try in hopes that one of their inexpensive fragrances will sweep me off my feet. Rare Gold is nice and indeed very pleasant, however it's not the kind of fragrance that sends me over the moon.

Peach at the best of times, especially when dominant, is often too juicy and sour on my skin. The peach accord in Rare Gold is softened a little by the aldehydes and white florals, which in turn makes it a touch more agreeable on my skin. In fact I rather like its sparkly and crisp opening on me, I found that it showed a lot of promise.

I actually expected Rare Gold to be more powdery than it was, I am quite surprised to find it more of a peachy floral than anything else. It has a somewhat classic feel that I can only assume would appeal to a majority of women. It could be worn either casually or formally.

Unfortunately Rare Gold is a little linear in terms of composition. The drydown smells much the same as the opening, however on my skin it also had an added mustiness that wasn't all that pleasant.

The longevity was average, yet a lot longer lasting than I thought it would be, and the sillage was fairly soft. Looking over the reviews, many people seem to have worn this when it first came out. I wonder, do they still wear it now?
2.5 10.0 7.5 9.0/10

Rare Gold
If gold had a smell then Rare Gold fits that persona
pure luxury in a bottle rich and full; notes of Tuberose
Gardenia Orange Blossoms & Succulent Peach caresses your
your skin like a silk of gold Translucent and sensual
on a gold dust painted bed in a dark cavernous room in
some Arabian Nights parable soft amber flames glows adds
the mystery and Sex of this scent; The Drydown deep and
woodsy first opens with burning Sandalwood adds the fire
Musk and Amber brings the Animalistic side to Rare Gold;
Sex in a Bottle to the T.

by Sunnyiland
by AmySourbutts
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Avon

Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Christian Lacroix - Absynthe by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Perceive (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Tahitian Holiday by Avon Today by Avon Black Suede (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Christian Lacroix - Rouge by Avon Extraordinary by Avon Moonwind (Eau de Cologne) by Avon Far Away Exotic by Avon Célèbre (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Sweet Honesty by Avon Little Black Dress / Chic in Black (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Mesmerize for Men (Cologne) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Today Tomorrow Always for Him by Avon Pur Blanca (Eau de Toilette) by Avon