Imari Elixir 2015 Eau de Toilette

Imari Elixir (Eau de Toilette) by Avon
Imari Elixir (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Avon for women and was released in 2015. The scent is fruity-sweet. It is being marketed by Natura Cosméticos.

BlackberryBlackberry Rose absoluteRose absolute JasmineJasmine VanillaVanilla

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.06.2022.

Juicy Beginning Turns Unpleasant
My review will be partially negative and I certainly don't want to upset anyone who truly loves this perfume, but I've tried it thru hot weather, cool weather and now the much colder nights, and unfortunately, it still doesn't work for me. I'm not one to try a perfume once , say I dislike it and write a review. I realize different days=different results=different reviews. Especially if it's a negative review, I'll try to figure out why.
On me, with my chemistry, Imari ELixir turns to a dirty-smelling perfume that becomes stale and dry as an old wooden crate. The notes sounded wonderful but they didn't come together for me. The blackberry, apple and mandarin combine to give a juicy beginning that lasts a good half hour until the unsettling not pleasant sex-in-a-bottle effect begins and the juiciness of the fruits dissipates. There can be a good sensual sexiness to a perfume and there can be a skankiness. This is the latter for me.
Initial sprays are true to form of juicy blackberry and apple with a hint of rose, juicy, warm and sweet. It's delicious at this stage. On my skin, this perfume turns on me into a harsh, bitter and screechy scent that I don't enjoy wearing. It's just too dirty and dank.
I love patchouli and have worn it for years and years. I realize there are different ways to process patchouli and at times, depending on the way it's "cured", it can smell different. There is one patch that does not agree with me that smells absolutely "dirty" on me. That's where the dirtiness comes from in Imari Elixir for me. I've only noticed this effect in two other perfumes from other perfume houses. Patchouli should be sweet and green. When I read other reviewers use the term "dirty hippies patchouli" I often wonder if they are smelling a patchouli where it has been stored in a manner that gives it a dirty smell. I just wish the term wouldn't be used embracing all hippies that used patchouli as dirty creating a stereotype, because that's absolutely not true. It's how the patch is developed, not the person that's creating the dirty smell.
It may be its formulation, but this is sour and medicinal for me.
The bottle is a nice chunky glass but topped with a cheap plastic cap that screams shabby. That could have been designed with better thought.
Try before you buy.

Popular by Avon

Absolute by Elite Gentleman by Avon Today by Avon Timeless (Cologne) by Avon Far Away Royale by Avon Wild Country (Cologne) by Avon Far Away (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Charisma (Cologne) by Avon Régence / Elégance (Cologne) by Avon Topaze (Cologne) by Avon Occur! (Cologne) by Avon Foxfire (Ultra Cologne) by Avon Night Magic Evening Musk by Avon Far Away Infinity by Avon Casbah (Eau de Toilette) by Avon Soft Musk (1981) (Cologne) by Avon Mesmerize (Cologne) by Avon Premiere Luxe Oud for Him by Avon Unforgettable (Perfume Oil) by Avon Rare Gold (Eau de Parfum) by Avon Sweet Honesty (Cologne) by Avon