Signature - Oud Wood & Dark Vanilla 2016

Signature - Oud Wood & Dark Vanilla by Axe / Lynx
Signature - Oud Wood & Dark Vanilla is a perfume by Axe / Lynx for men and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-woody. It is being marketed by Unilever. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Coriander, Black pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesNutmeg, Clary sage absolute
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla, Tobacco, Oud, Patchouli

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 28.04.2021.

In some countries, this fragrance is also marketed as "Gold".

Easy oud entry
A cheap entry into the oud world. For around 4 euros to get current you can dive into the direction of Oud. Of course, you can demand for the few euros no "real" oud but you times in the fragrance direction purely schnubbern like that is a good start. In addition, the very light vanilla, which sweetens the woody something. Quite ok, but still no must have.

Oud? I don't think so...
Well, first thing to keep in mind: there is no oud! Still, it is an extremely pleasant perfume at a more than reasonable price. I bought it for about 5 € and I have used it at leisure (I do not consider it ideal for the office, nor for very hot days).

Longevity is not very good, but the projection lasts about two hours. The perfume itself is great with vanilla, tobacco, patchouli and some spices (sage?). The bottle is made of metal and the sprayer is very similar to an aerosol (it looks like a deodorant). It could be a good excuse to use as a body spray and not as a perfume. I see no resemblance to TF Oud Wood (no oud), for me it is somewhere between Mustache and Go Dark.

Overall, a great bargain that is well worth the purchase given that there is no risk of spending a lot of money (just don't expect oud).
Smells expensive - Compliment getter for 8 €
If only it weren't an Axe....

BUT honor to whom honor is due. The fragrance is very balanced, smells wonderfully gourmandig by the vanilla and has a touch of designer / niche fragrance by the oud (albeit fake).
I first had the matching DEO to it and later discovered that there is a perfume to it.

So directly on Amazon and behold for 8 € gibts the matching fragrance. For the price you can not go wrong so same Ordered.
When he arrived I applied him of course directly to test his perfomance.

Perfomance:
As expected, the scent of course does not last all day, BUT the first 3-4 hours he is definitely perceptible and has already brought me the one or other compliment. In combination with the deodorant you get here a really good and balanced fragrance that definitely deserves his respect.

Fragrance:
When spraying you get a tiny hint of pepper and tangerine. It's like a little trailer for a movie. You smell how the fragrance will develop. In the dry down, however, vanilla clearly dominates. This gourmand vanilla combined with the fake oud was really well executed here. It pulls itself quasi linear from the opening to the dry down. Where the fresh notes from the top note already evaporate after a few minutes. But I also did not want to have. Therefore, I am more than satisfied with this fragrance. Even if it is an AXE. But no one needs to know that ;-)
SaveTheKing
A little excursion into the world of oud
Caution is advised with the scent, because it can be repulsive to some people.
After a fresh spraying on, it seemed to me almost like an ordinary deodorant from Axe. However, if you give the fragrance some time, a very synthetic-looking vanilla accompanied by coriander clearly comes out. The "oud" I also perceived in the later course, but much weaker than vanilla. Initially, tangerine should give the opening according to the fragrance pyramid, but this is undercut by the aforementioned vanilla note. In the drydown I took something smoky, which should go in the direction of tobacco alternating with the "Oud".
On the whole, a small excursion into the oud world for very little money, as the title says.
TksScent
As a start or a try quite nice
If you want to learn more about oud, this is the right place for you. Whether it is "real" oud, what was used here, I dare to doubt a little bit. However in the combination with the vanilla quite nice. Doesn't knock the wind out of you. Performance and durability could be better but for about 3 Euro you can try it.

It's Lynx / Axe
I used to use Lynx / Axe when I was in school, so when I saw they had brought out this collection I thought I should at least try it. The fragrance, as you would expect, contains a lot of oud but it also smells quite sweet thanks to the vanilla which is equally as noticable. There are some other notes in there that I'm not quite able to point out by myself, but looking at the notes listed here I'd have to say mandarin and nutmeg, but not as much as the oud or vanilla.

All in all, this is a decent fragrance and lasts about 6-7 hours. In my opinion it's suited more for the colder months as a daily fragrance, I don't think it's going to be a first choice for many people, I myself just keep this in my car in case I need a blast of something, but I wouldn't start my day wanting to wear this as it is very much Lynx / Axe quality, I mean even the container looks like a deodorant can...

ElqwertyElqwerty 3 years ago
The smell = really good (got me even compliments believe it or not). The performance = moderate/weak. All with all a save buy for 5 euro.
KLewisKLewis 3 years ago
A good smelling, cheap and simple option from Lynx / Axe.
I keep a bottle in my car in case I have no other option, but it's never a go to.

Popular Axe / Lynx

Urban - Tobacco & Amber / Cacao & Amber by Axe / Lynx Africa / Kilo by Axe / Lynx Inca by Axe / Lynx Excite (Eau de Toilette) by Axe / Lynx Mirage by Axe / Lynx Alaska by Axe / Lynx Peace (Eau de Toilette) by Axe / Lynx Gold Temptation by Axe / Lynx Voodoo by Axe / Lynx Adrenaline - Iced Musk & Ginger by Axe / Lynx Dark Temptation (Eau de Toilette) by Axe / Lynx Black (Eau de Toilette) by Axe / Lynx Dark Temptation (Aftershave) by Axe / Lynx Instinct (Aftershave) by Axe / Lynx Excite (Aftershave) by Axe / Lynx Apollo (2012) by Axe / Lynx Musk / Moschus / Wild Musk by Axe / Lynx Instinct (Eau de Toilette) by Axe / Lynx Marine by Axe / Lynx Oriental / Dark Oriental by Axe / Lynx