Azzaro pour Homme 1978Eau de Toilette

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 1978. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Basil, Bergamot, Iris, Caraway, Lavender, Clary sage, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Juniper berry, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Leather, Musk, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 20.09.2020.

Manhood is warm?!
I don't know why I own fragrances that are twice as old as I do, I don't even like the smell of him that much, for me it's a maximum of 7, and yet I forgive him an 8, just for his success story and the emotions he triggers in me (or ideas).My father never wore that particular scent, and I don't remember smelling it on relatives, but when I spray it on I am catapulted right into the 80's in New York City, and next I mention that I wasn't alive in the 80's or in NYC.But in my head I have the following scenario: 80's, New York City, in the club, you're about 30 with a classic haircut (medium length, combed back), freshly shaved, probably working somewhere in the banking business--somewhat successful, and thanks to you and capitalism, it's a Friday night in May, not cool outside, not warm.You go to the bar, order a whiskey and talk to the young pretty lady who has already cast several subtle glances at you, and introduce yourself to her, invite her for a dance, then go out for a quick smoke, she compliments you on your masculine & warm smell, which is contradictory in some ways because you have the classic masculine image of the cool, distant man with emotional unavailability.Whether you go home with her that evening or without her, you enjoy the beautiful moment and know that from Monday on you will return to your job and continue to excel.Simply explained : the fragrance smells like a classic fougére scent (bergamot, lavender, oakmoss, sandalwood, cedarwood, sage) with a certain warmth (like the colour of the bottle) of anise and amber, but the anise component probably bothers me.However, I sometimes wear this fragrance for the emotions it arouses in me, as described above, and because of its success story, and for anyone else who smells me, it's probably pretty unusual-another old-fashioned fragrance on a 21-year-old, which you notice has been reformulated, by the way.Although i never smelled the original version, i notice that he's been "neutered" a bit. the edges are a bit sanded down, softer, probably less punch and make him look more contemporary. but anyway, he has to fit the image of today's man, so everything is well composed in that respect. durability is good, and the sillage is moderate.
Schwibo
Smelled better then somehow...
I also got to know the fragrance in the 80s, 90s.
At least I had learned that it should be Azzaro. The guy was exactly my type of prey and the scent matched him like ass on bucket. However, I remember him being finer, fresher and less spicy, woody, because that wouldn't have suited a guy in his early 20s.
Now, almost 40 years later... next try. I hold in my hands an Azzaro miniature that just arrived at my place...yes...it could be, but it definitely smelled better, different back then. My husband put it on today and I felt it was too much of a good thing at first.
After some time it became more pleasant, but I almost think that it is not the fragrance I liked so much at that time.
I don't know why. Of course, the interaction with the wearer's sweat and skin plays a major role...not every perfume smells the same on everyone. But I am a little disappointed and happy that I did not invest more than in the miniature. It's a pity, the guy at that time smelled really delicious with it...but I definitely prefer my husband, even if Azzaro doesn't have the hypnotic effect on me like it used to...
The 80s and how a fragrance is always remembered
Back then, around 1986, it started when I and my girlfriend were making the discos unsafe. We were only 14 years old, but we were allowed to go to the Disco 2000 on Sunday afternoon. There in the dark with the disco light you didn't notice that it was still light outside. Not only our favourite music was played there, but there were also some older guys sitting at the bar or standing around on the dance floor. Since my girlfriend had 2 older brothers, we knew some of them. Anyway, we got so close to each other during the greeting that I was able to inhale a full blast of scent every time. There was cowboy boot jacket time and mullet with or without perm. Sunbed tan, a lot of jewellery and of course mega moderate perfume. Since then Azzaro has stuck with me. The guy who wore it was also mega attractive. In my fantasy this fragrance stands for a perfect, well styled guy who wants everything and gets everything. A pretty boy and an ass at the same time.
There's a macho touch in there, but I like it a lot. It smells so beautifully bergamot-like innocent and combines with leather, wood and its angularity into pure masculinity. I still love this fragrance very much. Not only because it reminds me of the past, but because I have the feeling that I can go back to 80 every day if I want to!

Barbershop at its best
When i first tried this on my skin and paper, couldn't stand the harsh opening, The magic starts from the heart to the drydown/base notes.. Fantastic old school vibes couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and whiffs.. Grabbed a bottle for a good price.. Would say its one of my best barbershop fragrance alongside Aramis, Habit Rouge, Kouros, Givenchy gentlemen etc

Sourkraut or kimchi
It's funny but the smell immediately reminds me of something edible side dish. It's probably the anise that's doing that. It's a very musculine and pleasant scent that reminds me of old spice A LOT. Like the original old spice deodorant.
I feel like if you want to give out the dad-vibe this frag would do you. It is very mature and dad-like. I really don't see myself wearing this. It's weird though because I like old school frags like Guerlain vetiver and habit rouge.
But this one somehow just feels outdated.
Shaved Man
Azzaro Pour Homme is for me the epitome of a well-groomed man. Freshly shaved, dressed in a suit, he blooms with self-confidence. Successful at work, upright proud walk through a big city. Azzaro Pour Homme is 100% manpower. Due to the dominant earthy note (moss) the man appears strong, resistant and stressresilient. Leather generally stands for luxury. Accordingly, it fits well with the suit's image.
In my opinion, the main components are aniseed in the top note, wood in the heart note and oakmoss in the base. The whole thing is underlined by oriental spices.
The Sillage is great, the durability really outstanding. The bottle, however, nothing special.

Azzaro Pour Homme:
Success, image, manpower, self-confidence, pride, care, power, resilience, taste, style.

Chronologie V - Italian charm that will never go out of time
They say it's made out of 320 ingredients, and I only recognize one - great male classic, a perfume institution with a strong character, full of elegance and italian charm that will never go out of time. This is highly male perfume, which can stand next to Fahrenheit and Kouros. It's not a typical old school perfume, but it's definitely old style perfume.

The projection and stability are great. Originality is a pure 10. The best perfumes and movies were made in the 70's and 80's, and if the movies were perfumes, then the director of this movie would have been F. F. Coppola.

Magnificent
A round thing
About 35 years ago (...) I walked with the parents of my French exchange student through a Munich department store. With 13 years my perfume experiences were limited primarily to grandmothers with corresponding fragrances. In the department store, Jean-Pierre surprised me with an attack in the form of a quite extensive cloud of perfume samples shot down on me, which I tried to escape with little success.

Many days later, I was just sitting in front of my C64 (!), I noticed a smell. I wanted to write "fantastic scent", but it doesn't come close to what I experienced. It just smelled wonderful. But I couldn't figure out where he came from. Again days later this fragrance experience repeated itself. I came up with the culprit: My sweater! A few thought corners later (new detergent? grandmother kiss attacks?) I realized that I was wearing the same sweater as during my Munich stroll with the perfume attack. And I could actually remember the bottle from which Jean-Pierre shot the volleys at me.

I've been using Azzaro pour Homme ever since. And when a few years later a very attractive classmate told me in the disco that I would never be allowed to choose another fragrance because ApH would suit me so well, it was all the more about me
I've been faithful for a long time. Today ApH still smells similar. Sometimes. Since I was increasingly disappointed not to feel this experience of the fragrance anymore, I set out to search for an alternative. A lot of scent tests later (thanks to the Parfumo-Souk and the many reliable Afficionados!) - I always return to ApH.

What do you mean? The answer was given recently by a friendly employee in an independent, exclusive perfumery. When I got advice there and let the lady sniff my ApH-pollinated wrist, she said: "But it's nice and round!"

Bingo. That's ApH still for me. A round thing. The individual fragrances only play a subordinate role here. For the sake of completeness: After spraying on, it initially appears very bitter to me on the skin. This fades away quickly, however, changing into bitter herbs and then releasing increasingly woody aromas, albeit rather light wood. The fragrance's getting fresher, grapefruit? But also a very discreet sweetness (not heavy!), flowery aromas? In addition moist moss and also leather?

Oh, I don't know either. Because what plays a role is not the complexity, but the overall round impression. Even if he is unfortunately only a shadow of his early years. When I attract attention because of my fragrance, I don't want people to think: "He wears a good perfume, though", but "He smells good, though". ApH remains in the background. He is not an aquaticist, not a sweet bomb, not a spice rack, but simply

a round thing.
DerRalle
The perfect men's fragrance?!
My father's fragrance is therefore an important and formative one for me! I love since my childhood and will not change! For me simply the scent of a freshly shaved groomed man! Currently own the 2nd formulation (batch of 96) and compared to the current one I can hardly notice a difference except that it comes across a bit smoother than the current one but the difference is in my opinion not as drastic as with other classics that were castrated mega, even find that the current one is a bit stronger and comes across a bit stronger in the beginning (synthetically pimped up?)! Azzaro forever!

Azzaro Pour Homme - Il Capo Regime della famiglia Profumi Azzaro
Vincent "Vinny" Azaro, born in 1935 from Sicilian parents, is a New York City mobster and recognized captain in the Bonanno crime family. Since the late 1970s, following the murder of Bonanno boss Carmine Galante, Azaro became the capo regime in the Queens faction of the Bonanno family. During the 1990s, Azaro allegedly operated a multi-million-dollar stolen car ring and oversaw the hijacking of cargo at John F. Kennedy International Airport.

Azzaro pour Homme, released in 1978, is a well known Parisian fragrance and recognized captain in the Loris Azzaro perfumes family. Azzaro pour Homme has been the major capo regime in the Parfums Azzaro family since the late 1970s. Loris Azzaro couture collections were characterized by extreme seductiveness, which would go on to inspire his first men's fragrance. The alleged inventor of ultra-feminine fashion creations aimed at creating a weapon of seduction. That's how and why this iconic seductive men's fragrance came to life in 1978. This fragrance is maybe the first objectively alluring perfume made exclusively for men.
Loris Azzaro, born February of 1933 from Sicilian parents, died in November 2003 in Paris, and is recognized as a great couturier and Franco-Italian perfumer.
After the original EDT, the Azzaro pour Homme family of fragrances started growing with Azzaro pour Homme EDT Intense in 1992, Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black EDT in 2005, Azzaro pour Homme Elixir in 2009, Azzaro pour Homme L'Eau in 2011, Azzaro pour Homme Night Time in 2012, Azzaro pour Homme Summer in 2013, 2014 and 2015, Azzaro pour Homme Intense in 2015, Azzaro pour Homme Freelight Edition in 2016, Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire in 2017, and finally Azzaro pour Homme Hot Pepper, Azzaro pour Homme Naughty Leather and Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever in 2018. In the past couple of years this designer family showed its versatility, quality and market acceptance, and it all begun in 1987.
Lucky me.... I have or had all the flankers released till 2017, and can't wait to get my hands in the three 2018 perfumes (actually I already have Naughty Leather and the amazing Amber Fever).

About what you get inside the flask...
At first glance, Azzaro Pour Homme octagonal glass bottle and ambery color asserts its masculinity all the way.
This Eau de Toilette is a fantastic fougère-spicy-woody fragrance, very old school and quite a demonstration of the masculine gender it addresses with every one of its one hundred milliliters.
The "Azzaro scent" is unique and no one confounds it with any other perfume scent. Its olfactory footprint is mainly defined by three ingredients (notes) that really mark the essence territory and boundaries. They are the key factors of its uniqueness.
1 - Anise - This ingredient creates a blunt warm-cold contrast in addition to texture, depth and solarity. It is originated in the dried fruit of the badian plant, which is harvested in the far East (China, Vietnam, Japan and the Philippines). At least twenty five kilos of dried star anise are required to produced one kilo of essential oil through distillation. It is a precious extract with very sweet, refreshing and spicy licorice notes. It resembles anise but is in fact more pungent.
2 - Lavender - This invigorating flower - small violet flowers - radiates an highly seductive, very clean and quite manly aroma. In Provence, around a hundred producers harvest lavender. They then dry it and extract its essence through rapid distillation: 200 kilos of flowers are required to produce one kilo of essential oil. Soft, floral and slightly fruity, lavender has a rounded aroma of amber with a hint of coumarin.
3 - Vetiver - At once dry and moist, fresh and warm, woody and intense, this root exudes a unique sensuality with its bitter chocolate and smoky facets scent. It is grown in Java, Madagascar and Brazil (among others), yet Haiti's production is preferred by perfumers for its fragrant quality. One kilo of essential oil requires 200 kilos of uprooted, dried and cleaned raw material. The results: An extract with characteristic dry woody notes with earthy, smokey and nutty tones.

What you will not forget...
After an "Azzaro pour Homme experience" you will remember how aromatic the fragrance is, with both fresh and soft spices blended with woody, floral and earthy accords. You will enjoy it for more than eight or nine hours and people within four or five feet will notice you for sure.

As with everything concerning our terrestrial life, let's try to measure Azzaro pour Homme:
________________________________________________________________________________________
- Opening.....................9.5 (really pleasant unique fougére opening)
- DryDown....................8.5 (very good- mossy, leathery and sweet)
- Longevity....................9.0 (up to 9 hours on my skin, with 3 sprays)
- Sillage..........................7.5 (sillage peaks up to 5 feet; It projects heavily almost for 2.0 hours)
- Versatility....................8.0 (quite versatile, expressing itself better in Spring and Fall, at ease in Winter days and Summer nights)
- Usability......................8.5 (it's really a "use it almost anywhere" fragrance, but avoid gym, seaside or any kind of sweating activities)
- Compliments..............8.5 (This scent competes with other compliment magnets. You will smell elegant, clean, fresh, sexy and even cute; but... yes... It has been around for some time and its DNA is easily recognisable)
- Uniqueness.................9.5 (It has got an unique DNA that you will not mistake with other perfumes; You may consider just its flankers as similar scents, and just maybe some vibes shared with the also magnific Aramis Tuscany)
- Quality.........................9.0 (High quality ingredients; gorgeous heavy glass bottle; great spray)
- Presentation...............8.5 (beautiful, sober, masculin flask with visible good taste details; questionable cap)
- Price.............................9.0 (€ 20.0 for a 100 ml tester flask, € 25.00 for a non tester flask)
- Average:......................8.69/10.00
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on "Azzaro pour Homme":
Take my advice and lose yourself in a haze of this crisp and complex men’s fragrance. This intoxicating Eau de Toilette has a wide assortment of refreshing notes that combine into one luxurious, robust manly scent that appeals to anyone near you.
Recommended? Yes!
Blind buy worthy? No! ... as I have written, this scent is... intoxicating. Try it first! And, if you do buy it, do remember that you receive a piece of french perfumery history besides the fragrance itself. I just love this scent!

Music: Charles Aznavour - "La Bohème"

NGL7NGL7 75 days ago
As the (big, friendly) letters on Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy says: Don't panic!
..you just found your signature scent
ElysiumElysium 6 months ago
Fortunately, there are few fougères to meet men's needs. I could be wrong, but this is the fougère perfume par excellence. Barbershop vibe!
R0dinR0din 17 months ago
Gorgeous! It’s weird how this beauty is still in production. Very manly, classy, good stuff. Kids, stay away from this!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 20 months ago
Got a bottle of this one as a gift. Never wore it. Sprayed it on the wrist a couple of times. Too old-school for me. Too barbershoppy
Carlitos01Carlitos01 22 months ago
This is a fantastic fougère-spicy-woody old school EDT, and it's quite a demonstration of the virile masculine gender it is addressed to.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Classic and "old school", aromatic and complex but fresh, It could seem a fragrance for mature men only at the first smell but it's a myth.
Giesta40Giesta40 3 years ago
A must have in the world of fragrances. This is hidden treasure that youngest people must discover. It was my first perfume.
PMRP12PMRP12 4 years ago
A classic, beautiful fragrance that is incontrovertibly masculine and uniquely fresh.

by Mustang69
by NGL7
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by BlackbirdHH
die vintageversion ist einfach wunderbar!!!
by Couchlock
by Globomanni
by Globomanni
by VanAllan
by VanAllan
die erste formulierung hat/ist klasse.
by Couchlock
Vintage: Azzaro - Pour Homme 50ml EDT
by MrNiceGuy
by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy
Azzaro pour Homme (Vintage)
by Psb
by Guapo
by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh

Popular Azzaro

Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Wanted by Night by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Ginger Lover by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle Extrême by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme L'Eau by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black / Azzaro pour Homme Onyx (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro