Azzaro pour Homme 1978Eau de Toilette

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 1978. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesAniseed, Basil, Bergamot, Iris, Caraway, Lavender, Clary sage, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCardamom, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Juniper berry, Cedarwood
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Oakmoss, Leather, Musk, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.02.2021.

Anis love!
One of the rare designer fragrances I still got in my collection.

I am a big fan of old-school fougere type of fragrances. That barbershop vibe reminds me of time when I was a kid and I used to steal my father colognes.

For me, this aromatic fougere goes in the category of monumental and discontinued YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme. The main players here are anis seeds, bergamot, lavender and clary sage in the opening. Vetiver and cedarwood in the heart as the most prominent notes and finally everything is well rounded by oakmoss, tonka bean and musk.

It lasts for around 7 hours on my skin and sillage is so tastefuly done here, it's medium but the best kind of medium, that means you and the people in arm-length around you will feel it but no one will find it too much.

This is the fragrance when you want to bring the best of you out, it got that alpha male "I can do anything, just watch me" vibe and I really enjoy wearing it! It's dangerous, daring but at the same time it got that cozy "safe haven" feeling to it.
Sebastian94
Scratchy, masculine, timeless, pleasant - Azzaro pour Homme!
Hello and welcome to my first comment of a fragrance here on Parfumo! My name is Sebastian, I'm 26 years old and come from Bad Hersfeld - but here it should be primarily about the fragrance! :)

Why did I choose the classic AZZARO POUR HOMME for my first comment?
Azzaro p. H. is the first of me self-acquired (and repeatedly purchased) fragrance, which I have discovered probably so around 2010 for me and then for several years (almost) exclusively worn, all year round and on all occasions (at some point I still discovered Drakkar Noir for me, which was always added in turn).
My increased interest in perfumes came about in the fall of 2019, and since then a few fragrances have been added - with "my classic" still in the mix, of course!

First, a few thoughts on the bottle:

I really like the little bottle made of brown glass. This so familiar to me bottle is simple, classic and he acts on me somehow powerful. In addition, he reminds me of the pipe ashtray next to the sofa of my grandfather, which on the one hand is certainly also from the 70s, and on the other hand also consists of brown glass.

But now to the actual topic, namely the fragrance:

The fragrance - which makes me within a few fractions of a second to think of so many beautiful and precious memories - is after the first spray mainly one thing: Scratchy!
By this I mean (for my taste) by no means something unpleasant, but the scent is scratchy at the first sniff. The (for me) predominant fragrance notes are from the beginning in particular anise, lavender and something woody, with the first two clearly predominate.
When I look at the "Azzaro pour Homme chart", I begin to wonder, however. Many would classify Azzaro p. H. primarily as a fragrance for spring, autumn and winter.
In spring, I think this fragrance is absolutely in the right place, although I also love wearing it in summer - it has a lot of freshness due to anise and lavender.... It smells to me like a clean, well-groomed man in rather classic clothes. You can certainly still wear it on sunny autumn days, but I don't see it in winter - there's nothing warm or wintry-spicy about the scent at all.

In the morning einigesprüht accompanies me the fragrance over the (work) day - I myself perceive him about 3-4h, my environment but significantly longer.
Since I work in the field and (under "non-corona circumstances") at the dining table of my customers work, the choice of fragrance is now and then a little tricky ... With this fragrance you are in my opinion but also here "well dressed", because he is not too aufdringlich and I associate this smell somehow also with respectability.

Bottom line is the classic AZZARO POUR HOMME a timeless, fresh-scratchy fragrance, perfect for spring and summer, which smells powerful, masculine, clean and well-groomed and can be used well in the workplace in addition to private everyday life.

So, you young gentlemen who do not (only) like ONE MILLION and INVICTUS (...), test this wonderful men's fragrance! :)

Thanks for reading!

Many greetings
Sebastian
Classic
Since I have a certain fascination for the classic men's fragrances of this world, of course, no way around "Azzaro pour Homme".
I read the first time here on parfumo of this Eau der Toilette. My curiosity was immediately aroused, and I looked online times, what prices are asked for so.
100ML for 25-30€. All right. Since I did not rumgemacht long and the good piece simply times blindly ordered.
When the much-awaited package then came, I opened it, packed the perfume from the ÖVP and held the bottle in my hand. Simple he is. A lot of plastic. But somehow he still likes.
At the first sample then a blast of anise, lavender and caraway, which seems quite scratchy. Quickly, the whole thing settles and is somewhat defused by the sandalwood. The oak moss, which is very often found in classic men's fragrances, gives the whole thing the final touch and takes you fully into the 80's.
In my head at least, I myself was not there.
As with other "well matured" fragrances of the men's world Azzaro pH radiates an immense masculinity and core. I think it's great - perhaps because that sort of thing is becoming increasingly rare these days. It's warm, but still austere. If I were to smell this fragrance on someone else, that person would strike me as well-groomed, serious and confident. As with many scents of this age, there is always a certain "freshly shaved" note that resonates. I do not know where this comes from, but I find this feeling makes the classics so special and masculine.

With 3-4 sprays in the morning I get well through the day. Always perceptible, but never too much. The scent comes with many also very good, or at least does not bother them. Therefore, also one of my favorites for work.

Who stands on this kind of fragrances, I can only warmly recommend Azzaro pH. He exudes tremendous class and has captured the 80s in a bottle.
At 30€ for 100ML can also be dared a blind purchase.

Azzaro pour homme
Dated? Get your terminology right, the word you were searching for is "Timeless". A Hall of Famer in the canon of masculine fragrances that fits any season or occasion. Well blended and simply smells good.

Vintage bottles can still be found fairly easily (chrome topped cap), while the re-formulation stands tall amongst most other fougere "pour homme's".

No reason to over think this one, splish splash and enjoy!

5 stars.
A little bit...
Whatever I look for, I find a lot in this fragrance.

A little back then A little bit of home.
A little bit of daddy.
A little bit more grandpa.
A little classical music A little bit of freshness.
A little spice.
A little bit of a clear edge.
A little wood A little gentleman A bit of a businessman.
A little oldschool.
A little modern?

A fragrance that evokes deep memories in me. When dad and grandpa came out of the bathroom freshly shaved, it always smelled of that DNA back then.
And this fragrance has hardly lost any of its appeal, at least from my point of view.

A fragrance from 1978, which certainly has a slightly altered DNA today, but is still very wearable, even for younger men. A very serious, clean and expressive fragrance, which for me fits perfectly into the office.
There are not many vintage fragrances that appeal to me, but this Azzaro is and remains a great one for me
Pour Homme shines in the main thing with a pleasant aniseed note, great lavender DNA and some cedar wood.

The durability of this fragrance is outstanding, in my case it lasts 9-10 hours without problems, especially on the collar of my shirt. The silage is potent, but not unpleasantly aggressive.
Manhood is warm?!
I don't know why I own fragrances that are twice as old as I do, I don't even like the smell of him that much, for me it's a maximum of 7, and yet I forgive him an 8, just for his success story and the emotions he triggers in me (or ideas).My father never wore that particular scent, and I don't remember smelling it on relatives, but when I spray it on I am catapulted right into the 80's in New York City, and next I mention that I wasn't alive in the 80's or in NYC.But in my head I have the following scenario: 80's, New York City, in the club, you're about 30 with a classic haircut (medium length, combed back), freshly shaved, probably working somewhere in the banking business--somewhat successful, and thanks to you and capitalism, it's a Friday night in May, not cool outside, not warm.You go to the bar, order a whiskey and talk to the young pretty lady who has already cast several subtle glances at you, and introduce yourself to her, invite her for a dance, then go out for a quick smoke, she compliments you on your masculine & warm smell, which is contradictory in some ways because you have the classic masculine image of the cool, distant man with emotional unavailability.Whether you go home with her that evening or without her, you enjoy the beautiful moment and know that from Monday on you will return to your job and continue to excel.Simply explained : the fragrance smells like a classic fougére scent (bergamot, lavender, oakmoss, sandalwood, cedarwood, sage) with a certain warmth (like the colour of the bottle) of anise and amber, but the anise component probably bothers me.However, I sometimes wear this fragrance for the emotions it arouses in me, as described above, and because of its success story, and for anyone else who smells me, it's probably pretty unusual-another old-fashioned fragrance on a 21-year-old, which you notice has been reformulated, by the way.Although i never smelled the original version, i notice that he's been "neutered" a bit. the edges are a bit sanded down, softer, probably less punch and make him look more contemporary. but anyway, he has to fit the image of today's man, so everything is well composed in that respect. durability is good, and the sillage is moderate.
Schwibo
Smelled better then somehow...
I also got to know the fragrance in the 80s, 90s.
At least I had learned that it should be Azzaro. The guy was exactly my type of prey and the scent matched him like ass on bucket. However, I remember him being finer, fresher and less spicy, woody, because that wouldn't have suited a guy in his early 20s.
Now, almost 40 years later... next try. I hold in my hands an Azzaro miniature that just arrived at my place...yes...it could be, but it definitely smelled better, different back then. My husband put it on today and I felt it was too much of a good thing at first.
After some time it became more pleasant, but I almost think that it is not the fragrance I liked so much at that time.
I don't know why. Of course, the interaction with the wearer's sweat and skin plays a major role...not every perfume smells the same on everyone. But I am a little disappointed and happy that I did not invest more than in the miniature. It's a pity, the guy at that time smelled really delicious with it...but I definitely prefer my husband, even if Azzaro doesn't have the hypnotic effect on me like it used to...
The 80s and how a fragrance is always remembered
Back then, around 1986, it started when I and my girlfriend were making the discos unsafe. We were only 14 years old, but we were allowed to go to the Disco 2000 on Sunday afternoon. There in the dark with the disco light you didn't notice that it was still light outside. Not only our favourite music was played there, but there were also some older guys sitting at the bar or standing around on the dance floor. Since my girlfriend had 2 older brothers, we knew some of them. Anyway, we got so close to each other during the greeting that I was able to inhale a full blast of scent every time. There was cowboy boot jacket time and mullet with or without perm. Sunbed tan, a lot of jewellery and of course mega moderate perfume. Since then Azzaro has stuck with me. The guy who wore it was also mega attractive. In my fantasy this fragrance stands for a perfect, well styled guy who wants everything and gets everything. A pretty boy and an ass at the same time.
There's a macho touch in there, but I like it a lot. It smells so beautifully bergamot-like innocent and combines with leather, wood and its angularity into pure masculinity. I still love this fragrance very much. Not only because it reminds me of the past, but because I have the feeling that I can go back to 80 every day if I want to!

Barbershop at its best
When i first tried this on my skin and paper, couldn't stand the harsh opening, The magic starts from the heart to the drydown/base notes.. Fantastic old school vibes couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and whiffs.. Grabbed a bottle for a good price.. Would say its one of my best barbershop fragrance alongside Aramis, Habit Rouge, Kouros, Givenchy gentlemen etc

Sourkraut or kimchi
It's funny but the smell immediately reminds me of something edible side dish. It's probably the anise that's doing that. It's a very musculine and pleasant scent that reminds me of old spice A LOT. Like the original old spice deodorant.
I feel like if you want to give out the dad-vibe this frag would do you. It is very mature and dad-like. I really don't see myself wearing this. It's weird though because I like old school frags like Guerlain vetiver and habit rouge.
But this one somehow just feels outdated.

MrHonestMrHonest 9 days ago
Cool, almost aquatic lavender in the sillage with a smooth, chocolatey anise powder up close. A calming and comforting shaving foam for all.
KimJongKimJong 3 months ago
Still remarkably good lavender anise. It's not a cologne that is complimented from the mass, but it's still round for me.
Eliot65Eliot65 4 months ago
A timeless classic, a landmark in man's perfumery. If Alfa Romeo Spider was a perfume it would be this
EsojoEsojo 5 months ago
Vintage Azzaro is a whole trip. An absolute monster of a scent! Elegant and timeless. The anis...!
NGL7NGL7 8 months ago
As the (big, friendly) letters on Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy says: Don't panic!
..you just found your signature scent
ElysiumElysium 12 months ago
Fortunately, there are few fougères to meet men's needs. I could be wrong, but this is the fougère perfume par excellence. Barbershop vibe!
R0dinR0din 2 years ago
Gorgeous! It’s weird how this beauty is still in production. Very manly, classy, good stuff. Kids, stay away from this!
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Got a bottle of this one as a gift. Never wore it. Sprayed it on the wrist a couple of times. Too old-school for me. Too barbershoppy
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
This is a fantastic fougère-spicy-woody old school EDT, and it's quite a demonstration of the virile masculine gender it is addressed to.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Classic and "old school", aromatic and complex but fresh, It could seem a fragrance for mature men only at the first smell but it's a myth.

by Mustang69
by NGL7
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by BlackbirdHH
die vintageversion ist einfach wunderbar!!!
by Couchlock
by Globomanni
by Globomanni
die erste formulierung hat/ist klasse.
by Couchlock
Vintage: Azzaro - Pour Homme 50ml EDT
by MrNiceGuy
by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy
Azzaro pour Homme (Vintage)
by Psb
by Guapo
by Pharaoh
by Pharaoh

Popular Azzaro

Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Wanted by Night by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Ginger Lover by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Extrême by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle Extrême by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme L'Eau by Azzaro