Azzaro pour Homme 1978 Eau de Toilette

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 1978. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesAniseedAniseed
OakmossOakmoss
LeatherLeather
MuskMusk
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.10.2021.

Disco King?
I am 20 years old and i own this fragrance. A reformulated version, naturally, and i will review it for you.
Azzaro Pour Homme reminds me of an after shave cologne from the fresh notes it contains. We can note a pretty lavender heavy scent, with some anise as well, (This is the combo that forms the main character of the fragrance) aromatics and also some citrus tones in there as well. The heart already contains cardamom and woods and the base shows the oakmoss, musk, leather, et cetera. I have to say it is quite hard to identify individual notes on this fragrance, since it contains a lot of them and is pretty nicely blended and made with such care and attention to detail. I also think the reformulations have made of this a more usable fragrance even for younger guys like me without smelling dated or old. It is a pretty versatile cologne and it simply smells great. Clean, fresh, aromatic, woody.

On the other side, as i state in the title, i find Azzaro Pour Homme an excellent example of what a "disco king" fragrance was in its days. Yes, we might find this frags from the 70's to be nowadays pretty elegant, but back in the day they were surely used for everything. From what i have smelled of these 70's powerhouses, one that i don't find for disco use is Givenchy Gentleman. All the others were surely used for the disco. As i see random things in my head when i smell something, as i smell Azzaro i personally imagine a man with a Selleck mustache, some 70's haircut, bell bottom pants and an open shirt with a heavily haired chest projecting Azzaro through the whole club like a beast dancing to something like Stayin Alive, breaking the dancefloor as he passes, who knows why. I might also imagine that with Paco Pour Homme or stuff, an elegant guy making out with her girl in a hotel at the beach or stuff while listening to barry white. Polo and Lapidus are rather some heavy rock scents, i imagine a guy with an open shirt as well and some heavy chest hair, a thick gold necklace, a gold watch and a leather jacket driving an old school car with long backwards-combed hair. On the other side, Gentleman reminds me of a funky guy that looks like Charly Garcia and is wearing a suit.

The epitome of Azzaro fragrances
This woody spicy fantastic scent goes back to 1978. I own 4 bottles, 3 vintage and one current. I love all 4 with a slight edge going to the vintage of course. It lasts just about the entire day and it's quite powerful. It projects very well also and it gets many compliments. Easily in my top 10 favorite scents. Azzaro makes many other fragrances but none of the come close to the original. The real oakmoss and musk used in the vintage composition really makes it last and last. I just love it. Such a great great Classic!!
Hpclt
Generation fragrance with very good price-performance ratio
This is the first bottling that I recently purchased from user DerHoelgi in a package and would now like to rate here. First, it should be said that Azzaro pour Homme is very exemplary for this bottling package. There were just under 10 fragrances, all of which awakened long ago memories with me.

When I then entered Azzaro pour Homme here at Parfumo and saw the bottle, it made "click". Exactly this bottle stood in my childhood with my grandpa in the bathroom cabinet and I mean even that the matching shower gel was found in the shower. In any case, this moment explained the great fascination that came up already at the first test with me.

This fragrance has a high presence with its spiciness. Many spicy fragrances that I have smelled so far repel me with their strength / heaviness. With Azzaro pour Homme is different, because here come to it almost fruity-fresh top notes. In combination, a pleasantly complex fragrance with high recognition value develops for me. Mind you, the above memory comes from my childhood...

As will be read in the soon to follow reviews/statements on DerHoelgi's other fragrances such as Chanel Antaeus and Cartier Santos, Azzaro Pour Homme also inevitably makes me think of gym from the 80s. That was before my time, but I am firmly convinced that it must have smelled like that back then.

The amazing thing now is that - two generations later - I've added Azzaro Pour Homme straight to my wish list.
On the one hand, it is certainly the positive memory of fragrance and bottle, but also the very good price-performance ratio from my point of view and measured by durability as well as sillage leads to the fact that I will soon also house this timeless, edgy bottle in my bathroom cabinet.

In conclusion, here is a great fragrance with past and future. I am thrilled and very grateful to DerHoelgi for this expansion of my still young fragrance horizon.
5.5
Anguilla85
First chance I've had to make myself unpopular..
My first review. I have long thought about which of my fragrances I comment as the first. Originally it should be one that I like very much, because it is probably easier for me to find the right words for it. I don't know why, but I decided against it. I'm commenting on a fragrance that I don't like at all, and I hope I don't make myself unpopular here Azzaro...how did I come to this fragrance?
It was during a visit to a well-known perfumery chain store as I held a chat with a nice salesman. I raved about Creed Erolfa which they did not have on offer but instead I was allowed to listen to this Titanic story again. The salesman didn't really want to believe me that it's probably just a marketing story ;)
I was looking for Floris No.89, which he thought was a wonderful fragrance and said: "unfortunately, we do not carry such a thing here, this fragrance you will probably no longer find in Germany, but the Azzaro pour homme smells very similar."
If anyone can confirm this, please comment. Because then I can save myself the testing.
Today (also thanks to Parfumo) I'm smarter, because here it is said (Floris) rather a floral fragrance should be..
..but now to the fragrance of Azzaro itself: I would not describe it as bad despite poor rating, he is just not me personally at all..if I had only one line for a comment here, would stand in this line OLDSCHOOL.
It may work for older people, but for the younger ones there are definitely better alternatives.
( And with almost 36 I count myself also still to the younger ones :P )
Durability and sillage are above average.
This fragrance is just scratchy in my throat and nose, which probably comes from the overdosed anise. In addition, he is simply too kümmellastig..less of both + less lavender, but more lemon could have saved this fragrance in my eyes..but so remains for me the flacon the only beautiful thing.

Anis love!
One of the rare designer fragrances I still got in my collection.

I am a big fan of old-school fougere type of fragrances. That barbershop vibe reminds me of time when I was a kid and I used to steal my father colognes.

For me, this aromatic fougere goes in the category of monumental and discontinued YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme. The main players here are anis seeds, bergamot, lavender and clary sage in the opening. Vetiver and cedarwood in the heart as the most prominent notes and finally everything is well rounded by oakmoss, tonka bean and musk.

It lasts for around 7 hours on my skin and sillage is so tastefuly done here, it's medium but the best kind of medium, that means you and the people in arm-length around you will feel it but no one will find it too much.

This is the fragrance when you want to bring the best of you out, it got that alpha male "I can do anything, just watch me" vibe and I really enjoy wearing it! It's dangerous, daring but at the same time it got that cozy "safe haven" feeling to it.
Sebastian94
Scratchy, masculine, timeless, pleasant - Azzaro pour Homme!
Hello and welcome to my first comment of a fragrance here on Parfumo! My name is Sebastian, I'm 26 years old and come from Bad Hersfeld - but here it should be primarily about the fragrance! :)

Why did I choose the classic AZZARO POUR HOMME for my first comment?
Azzaro p. H. is the first of me self-acquired (and repeatedly purchased) fragrance, which I have discovered probably so around 2010 for me and then for several years (almost) exclusively worn, all year round and on all occasions (at some point I still discovered Drakkar Noir for me, which was always added in turn).
My increased interest in perfumes came about in the fall of 2019, and since then a few fragrances have been added - with "my classic" still in the mix, of course!

First, a few thoughts on the bottle:

I really like the little bottle made of brown glass. This so familiar to me bottle is simple, classic and he acts on me somehow powerful. In addition, he reminds me of the pipe ashtray next to the sofa of my grandfather, which on the one hand is certainly also from the 70s, and on the other hand also consists of brown glass.

But now to the actual topic, namely the fragrance:

The fragrance - which makes me within a few fractions of a second to think of so many beautiful and precious memories - is after the first spray mainly one thing: Scratchy!
By this I mean (for my taste) by no means something unpleasant, but the scent is scratchy at the first sniff. The (for me) predominant fragrance notes are from the beginning in particular anise, lavender and something woody, with the first two clearly predominate.
When I look at the "Azzaro pour Homme chart", I begin to wonder, however. Many would classify Azzaro p. H. primarily as a fragrance for spring, autumn and winter.
In spring, I think this fragrance is absolutely in the right place, although I also love wearing it in summer - it has a lot of freshness due to anise and lavender.... It smells to me like a clean, well-groomed man in rather classic clothes. You can certainly still wear it on sunny autumn days, but I don't see it in winter - there's nothing warm or wintry-spicy about the scent at all.

In the morning einigesprüht accompanies me the fragrance over the (work) day - I myself perceive him about 3-4h, my environment but significantly longer.
Since I work in the field and (under "non-corona circumstances") at the dining table of my customers work, the choice of fragrance is now and then a little tricky ... With this fragrance you are in my opinion but also here "well dressed", because he is not too aufdringlich and I associate this smell somehow also with respectability.

Bottom line is the classic AZZARO POUR HOMME a timeless, fresh-scratchy fragrance, perfect for spring and summer, which smells powerful, masculine, clean and well-groomed and can be used well in the workplace in addition to private everyday life.

So, you young gentlemen who do not (only) like ONE MILLION and INVICTUS (...), test this wonderful men's fragrance! :)

Thanks for reading!

Many greetings
Sebastian
Classic
Since I have a certain fascination for the classic men's fragrances of this world, of course, no way around "Azzaro pour Homme".
I read the first time here on parfumo of this Eau der Toilette. My curiosity was immediately aroused, and I looked online times, what prices are asked for so.
100ML for 25-30€. All right. Since I did not rumgemacht long and the good piece simply times blindly ordered.
When the much-awaited package then came, I opened it, packed the perfume from the ÖVP and held the bottle in my hand. Simple he is. A lot of plastic. But somehow he still likes.
At the first sample then a blast of anise, lavender and caraway, which seems quite scratchy. Quickly, the whole thing settles and is somewhat defused by the sandalwood. The oak moss, which is very often found in classic men's fragrances, gives the whole thing the final touch and takes you fully into the 80's.
In my head at least, I myself was not there.
As with other "well matured" fragrances of the men's world Azzaro pH radiates an immense masculinity and core. I think it's great - perhaps because that sort of thing is becoming increasingly rare these days. It's warm, but still austere. If I were to smell this fragrance on someone else, that person would strike me as well-groomed, serious and confident. As with many scents of this age, there is always a certain "freshly shaved" note that resonates. I do not know where this comes from, but I find this feeling makes the classics so special and masculine.

With 3-4 sprays in the morning I get well through the day. Always perceptible, but never too much. The scent comes with many also very good, or at least does not bother them. Therefore, also one of my favorites for work.

Who stands on this kind of fragrances, I can only warmly recommend Azzaro pH. He exudes tremendous class and has captured the 80s in a bottle.
At 30€ for 100ML can also be dared a blind purchase.

Azzaro pour homme
Dated? Get your terminology right, the word you were searching for is "Timeless". A Hall of Famer in the canon of masculine fragrances that fits any season or occasion. Well blended and simply smells good.

Vintage bottles can still be found fairly easily (chrome topped cap), while the re-formulation stands tall amongst most other fougere "pour homme's".

No reason to over think this one, splish splash and enjoy!

5 stars.
A little bit...
Whatever I look for, I find a lot in this fragrance.

A little back then A little bit of home.
A little bit of daddy.
A little bit more grandpa.
A little classical music A little bit of freshness.
A little spice.
A little bit of a clear edge.
A little wood A little gentleman A bit of a businessman.
A little oldschool.
A little modern?

A fragrance that evokes deep memories in me. When dad and grandpa came out of the bathroom freshly shaved, it always smelled of that DNA back then.
And this fragrance has hardly lost any of its appeal, at least from my point of view.

A fragrance from 1978, which certainly has a slightly altered DNA today, but is still very wearable, even for younger men. A very serious, clean and expressive fragrance, which for me fits perfectly into the office.
There are not many vintage fragrances that appeal to me, but this Azzaro is and remains a great one for me
Pour Homme shines in the main thing with a pleasant aniseed note, great lavender DNA and some cedar wood.

The durability of this fragrance is outstanding, in my case it lasts 9-10 hours without problems, especially on the collar of my shirt. The silage is potent, but not unpleasantly aggressive.
Manhood is warm?!
I don't know why I own fragrances that are twice as old as I do, I don't even like the smell of him that much, for me it's a maximum of 7, and yet I forgive him an 8, just for his success story and the emotions he triggers in me (or ideas).My father never wore that particular scent, and I don't remember smelling it on relatives, but when I spray it on I am catapulted right into the 80's in New York City, and next I mention that I wasn't alive in the 80's or in NYC.But in my head I have the following scenario: 80's, New York City, in the club, you're about 30 with a classic haircut (medium length, combed back), freshly shaved, probably working somewhere in the banking business--somewhat successful, and thanks to you and capitalism, it's a Friday night in May, not cool outside, not warm.You go to the bar, order a whiskey and talk to the young pretty lady who has already cast several subtle glances at you, and introduce yourself to her, invite her for a dance, then go out for a quick smoke, she compliments you on your masculine & warm smell, which is contradictory in some ways because you have the classic masculine image of the cool, distant man with emotional unavailability.Whether you go home with her that evening or without her, you enjoy the beautiful moment and know that from Monday on you will return to your job and continue to excel.Simply explained : the fragrance smells like a classic fougére scent (bergamot, lavender, oakmoss, sandalwood, cedarwood, sage) with a certain warmth (like the colour of the bottle) of anise and amber, but the anise component probably bothers me.However, I sometimes wear this fragrance for the emotions it arouses in me, as described above, and because of its success story, and for anyone else who smells me, it's probably pretty unusual-another old-fashioned fragrance on a 21-year-old, which you notice has been reformulated, by the way.Although i never smelled the original version, i notice that he's been "neutered" a bit. the edges are a bit sanded down, softer, probably less punch and make him look more contemporary. but anyway, he has to fit the image of today's man, so everything is well composed in that respect. durability is good, and the sillage is moderate.

MatuxMatux 2 months ago
Aniseed and spices, some citrus, a very masculine blend that stands the test of time.
50something50something 2 months ago
I love it. Takes me back to the good old days and it’s still relevant. I enjoy the new formulation, on me nice and smooth.
DPArtistDPArtist 3 months ago
A fine masculine scent which stands the test of time, a little retro maybe but not overly dated at all. Not my thing but a great classic!
CaspikaarCaspikaar 5 months ago
Didn’t expect much of it tbh. First sniff, wow this is oldschool, how I imagined it. However, it develops in a wonderful cloud of class.
StaticStatic 6 months ago
This is a statement!!
Classic fragrance that will always stand time!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Manly, old school fougère, quite spicy and woody. Fresh, green, classic and well-blended fragrance for men (not boys).
MrHonestMrHonest 8 months ago
Cool, almost aquatic lavender in the sillage with a smooth, chocolatey anise powder up close. A calming and comforting shaving foam for all.
KimJongKimJong 11 months ago
Still remarkably good lavender anise. It's not a cologne that is complimented from the mass, but it's still round for me.
EsojoEsojo 1 year ago
Vintage Azzaro is a whole trip. An absolute monster of a scent! Elegant and timeless. The anis...!
NGL7NGL7 1 year ago
As the (big, friendly) letters on Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy says: Don't panic!
..you just found your signature scent

by Mustang69
by NGL7
by Miaw2
by Miaw2
by BlackbirdHH
die vintageversion ist einfach wunderbar!!!
by Couchlock
by Globomanni
by Globomanni
die erste formulierung hat/ist klasse.
by Couchlock
Vintage: Azzaro - Pour Homme 50ml EDT
by MrNiceGuy
by AmyAmy
by AmyAmy
Azzaro pour Homme (Vintage)
by Psb
by Pharaoh
by Anguilla85
by Anguilla85

Popular Azzaro

Wanted by Night by Azzaro Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Ginger Lover by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro Chrome Extrême by Azzaro The Most Wanted by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle Extrême by Azzaro