Azzaro pour Homme Intense (2015)

Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro

Azzaro pour Homme Intense is a popular perfume by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-sweet. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Amber, Liqueur, Laotian cinnamon bark, Haitian vetiver, Venezuelan tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 13.02.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Ian Somerhalder, photographed by David Bellemère.

8.0 8.0 8.0 10.0/10

DPArtist
Under the radar booze and spice gem!
I first encountered this fragrance a few months ago while I was browsing and testing in a store and it was love at first sniff! Actually not quite love but an 'intense' immediate attraction, or lust! It took me a few instants to appreciate what I was smelling but when I did... wow! Comparing to the well known original Azzaro pour Homme this was something altogether very different. Exciting, beguiling, spicy, boozy, somehow fun and at the same time incredibly manly. I'm not the most experienced 'frag-head' but I would say this is as close as I've come to a masterpiece designer fragrance!

The note breakdown and general vibe of Azzaro pour Homme Intense 2015 (surely a less confusing more appropriate name could've been adopted?) is less 'old school' and more modern than the big daddy himself Azzaro Pour Homme, released way back in the 1970s. A delicious and dark brandy note dances with a generous dose of sexy cinnamon while later notes of vetiver, sweet amber and tonka come to the fore, however the opening combo stick around for the duration, which by the way is very respectable if not excessive for an EDP. I can't really compare this too much with other fragrances, I think it's quite unique although it does give a very slight nod or wink somehow to the original pour homme despite the big differences in notes. It also reminds me a little of a low priced (yet superb) fragrance I own called Terre d'Evasion by Inessance which also has the star pairing of Brandy & cinnamon although that one is a bit more fruity (plum) & sweet with a hint of tobacco.

This could be worn any time except excessive heat but I feel the ideal time is late autumn and winter, the cold days, yet it would also be an awesome choice for nights out, inside or out. It will definitely gain you attention, it has a bold yet paradoxically darkly attractive, almost elegant swagger to it. Bereft of much hype this fragrance by Azzaro demands your attention, don't sleep on this one people as there is a possibility that is has been discontinued already (according to a sales rep at my local well known 'S' perfumery in France), this would be a huge shame as the '2015' moniker doesn't do justice to what I believe will become a timeless (yet little known) classic. It won't be stuck in 2015 but rather will always smell incredibly relevant!

If you want something a little different from everyone else check out this gorgeous masculine gem (and indeed other flankers in this line from this underrated & overlooked house) and let the others all smell the same!

Scent: 10/10 (a definite LOVE!)
Longevity: 8
Projection/sillage: 8
Uniqueness: 8.5
Bottle: 8
7.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

Christmas dream
Everything done right! It smells of cinnamon mixed with a parquet paste. Cinnamon dominates and the parquet paste does not let the sweetness explode completely. This gives the fragrance a slightly austere and stable body that has the sweetness well under control. Simply ingenious. The shelf life is very good and the fragrance gets better with the hours. This fragrance has what all producers are looking for: a ghost. I am curious how the fragrance will present itself from April
7.5 5.0 7.5 10.0/10

Elysium
This ain't no another flanker, rather a marvelous fine cognac!
To begin with I adore this one. Believe me, you have to try it with an open mind and not expecting the original smell or anything alike since this is not a flanker, not this time. With newly added features it is so freaking good, strong pungent, and smooching your face.

It opens with slight Cinnamon surrounded by Vetiver, which is quite unconventional in the top notes. So damn bitter, earthy and dirty, nothing citrusy nor zesty in there. Immediately you sense the Tonka-beans in the undertones. But what really thrills me is the hint of liquor that you can actually make out, a kind of finest and smoky brandy or cognac, which is both complex and fine, with a bouquet of the best Rémy Martin (it is hard to say that since I am a big fan of Islay Single Malts Scotch whisky!!!).

It is actually surprisingly good! Awesome, very beautiful, amazing. It is warm and sensual, aromatic-fougère-woody-powdery, smoky. In my opinion Tonka-beans and Amber make it so smooth, a bit sweet and a bit dry, but in a pleasant manner. I think it has nothing to do with the previous releases, I didn't find any similarity with other APH, neigher the original nor the flankers. Of course, it has something that reminds you it is an Azzaro's son, there is a common D.N.A., but not a revisited edition of past creations.
Ultimately, It gives me a very good vibe. I am proud to give it 9/10, definitely !!!
To me, it is suitable for leisure and working days, and it gives its best on a cool and wet weather, like winter time and fall/spring rainy days. You can really smell and enjoy the earthy, smoky, and dark notes.

-Elysium

JoaoMartins 71 days ago
Way more modern than the original.
5.0
Carlitos01 125 days ago
Do They Know It's Christmas? (from Band Aid)
This year someone dear gave me this wonderful surprise, as spicy, boozy & sweet like Christmas.+5
DPArtist 8 months ago
Wow! Tested today it's a cognac & cinnamon bomb! An aphrodisiac in perfume form, very sexy amber & spice dry-down, try on skin not on paper!+2
10.0
Elysium 3 years ago
It's Christmas day, and this is one of my Xmas presents. It's a perfect gift for this great day, isn't it? Have a good time wherever you are!+4
5.0