Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black
Azzaro pour Homme Onyx
2005 Eau de Toilette

Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black / Azzaro pour Homme Onyx (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
7.1 / 10 85 Ratings
Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black is a perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 2005. The scent is spicy-woody. It was last marketed by Clarins.

CorianderCoriander JuniperJuniper BergamotBergamot Green appleGreen apple PatchouliPatchouli VetiverVetiver AmbroxanAmbroxan

Videos
Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 28.05.2021.
According to our information this scent is marketed as "Onyx" in the US while in the rest of the world it's marketed as "Silver Black".

4 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Just average...
I enjoy some Azzaro fragrances. I think the house has a lot to offer. This is not my favourite but still wearable. I think it's the way this fragrance is blended that doesn't wow me. Juniper, anise and coriander are usually a good combination and I'm wondering if how this is blended turns me off, along with the citrus over-tone. This fragrance is linear fragrance. I was expecting a little more. Definitely a throw-back to the late 70's / early 80's. This is a 6 / 10 for me. I would still wear this one on the weekend for casual excursions.

80's in a bottle?
For the first time in my life, I decided to make an online purchase, without experiencing the fragrance. Azzaro Silver Black, was cheaper (I paid about 25 € per 100ml), so it didn't cost me much to make this purchase. When I received it, I decided to try it and at first I didn't like it very much. It looked like a perfume for a more mature man, that typical 80's perfume. But after drying, I noticed a huge difference! I started to like it a lot more as the hours passed.

The one who liked it even more than me was my girlfriend's grandmother! Whenever I go to her house, I use this perfume and I am always well received! Here is proof that a fragrance has an impact on our lives.

If you don't like more mature fragrances, I don't recommend it. Otherwise, use and abuse!

Very helpful Review 5
Not really special
Azzaro Silver Black strong juniper note makes you feel like walking in Whitechapel at night and disembark in the unnerving murder foggy sites of Jack the Ripper. Some people like that chill feeling in their bones but some others hate it.
TOP NOTES - The opening reveals an aged anise, sour apple, and citrus. You are surprised by the strength of the initial notes. It opens in a very strong way, and with a huge projection. As a matter of fact I think the opening sillage should be more shy. It does not open in a fresh way - as you could expect from the strong citrus (lime and bergamot) and the apple. Somehow the initial anise note reveals the darkness that is about to arrive. I kind of like it ( I like dark scents) but... somehow the opening is just to harsh.
HEART NOTES - After 10 minutes you feel a timid juniper note showing up that grows and grows and becomes totally dominant after half an hour. You smell the coniferous note mixed with the scent you get from some brands of Gin but without the associated booziness. All you get is a green, dirty, slightly bitter, piney notes. Coriander and Cardamom do not play a big role in this Juniper dominance.
BASE NOTES - The Juniper note starts to fade very slowly. As we start to experience the base notes, the initial sillage it's a lot fainter and we are welcomed with a nice woody and earthy Patchouli + Musk, seconded by sandalwood + oak moss. The green dirty darkness remains present but in a softer way. That's the best part of this EDT - a very agreeable green and dark long bottom notes if you like green and dark scents. But beware of Jack the Ripper anyway.

SUMMARY - It is a totally masculine fragrance. Its uniqueness defines that the time to wear it is very restraint. Use it in autumn, spring and summer nights.
Put on some Silver Black Azzaro when you wander at night but definitively not when you go clubbing.

My rates
Quality: 7.5
Price: 6.0
Presentation: 7.0
Overall rating: 7.0/10.0

I kind of like this fragrance (but I do not love it). I will not buy it again. And due to its low wearability my flask is going to last a very long time.

Very helpful Review 8
Found! A bottle of vintage perfume...
Lately I’ve been going through my wardrobe of bottom drawer fragrances and I came across a bottle of Azzaro Onyx. The bottom drawer is where I keep all my bad blind buys or those fragrances that, for one reason or another, have lost my love. I bought Azzaro Onyx about 4 years ago after a single spritz test at a department store. Bad idea. I wore it a couple times but all I remember about the actual scent is that it would always turn on me and go stale after an hour or two. Hence, 4 years of time out in the bottom drawer.

A quick check of the Parfumo Azzaro page showed, to my surprise, there wasn't a single review of Silver Black/Onyx. I love finding unclaimed fragrance real estate on Parfumo! However, as I looked over the page I realized why the space was empty. Onyx had been discontinued. A bit of Google research showed it had been discontinued over year ago. Furthermore, the search also revealed how unpopular Onyx had become: there was website after website still selling Onyx as a new product.

When I spritzed on Onyx today the whole reason I bought it on a whim 4 years ago came back to me. It has a really nice top note accord. The lemon doesn’t overwhelm the opening and it stays nicely balanced with the apple and bergamot notes. Then, as Onyx transitions into the lower notes, the cedar starts to mingle with the bergamot making a wonderful driftwood like accord. I love that! There’s also a soapy quality at this point but I usually don’t mind soapy in fragrance so I began to wonder why I banished Onyx to the bottom drawer. This seemed to be a nice fragrance...

Unfortunately, this was the same point 4 years ago that I decided to buy Onyx. Back then, if I had the patience to wait another half hour or so I would have smelled what I smelled today: the citrus notes going stale and flat like an orange left in the sun on a hot day. Then, not long after that, the rest of the fragrance following suit, smelling like 3 day old perfume gone stale on an unwashed shirt.

But I’ll hang on to my prize bottle of vintage perfume. Who knows? Maybe 30 years from now people will be pining for vintage Onyx and citing it as an example of classic perfumery. In the meantime, I’ll keep the bottle safely stored with my collection of priceless Beanie Babies.

4 short views on the fragrance
PedroCabralPedroCabral 2 years ago
Pleasant scent, great for business. It does not have so much sensuality, but quite maturity.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
A woody aromatic and musky fragrance, a spin-off of the original Azzaro Pour Homme with its iconic fougère aromatic woody signature. A must!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 4 years ago
It is a totally masculine fragrance. Its uniqueness defines that the time to wear it is very restraint. Great juniper bomb!
DPArtistDPArtist 4 years ago
Walks the line between modern a la Sauvage and something a little darker from a bygone era. It's interesting rather than beautiful. Not bad!

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

16 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Azzaro

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro The Most Wanted Parfum by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Wanted by Night by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro The Most Wanted by Azzaro Chrome Extrême by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Ginger Lover by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro