Chrome (1996) Eau de Toilette

Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro
Bottle Design: Loris Azzaro

Chrome (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro for men and was released in 1996. The scent is fresh-aquatic. It is being marketed by Clarins.

Gerard Haury

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesAniseed, Hedione, Musk
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Precious woods, Lichen, Mate

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 18.01.2019

6.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Summer holiday 2018...
Planned were: 1 week Hamburg and in the direct connection with the airplane into the Marche region, the heart of Italy. Actually I wanted to wait until the Duty Free Shop. Actually. It came how it had to come. Great summer weather, a holiday mood and a small perfumery in the Hanseatic city added a surprising element to my trip: Azzaro Chrome. I'd already heard from him. I tested him without too many expectations. His spray cooled the surface of my hand. Suddenly he contacted me: "Well, finally you have discovered me! I'm going with you! When do we start? Of course we can make a jump on the way to my friends at the airport, I recommend you my holiday love Neroli Portofino. But all in confidence; -) And so it happened that Chrome, with his fresh and cool manner, cheated himself 2 Italian weeks before my other 5 fragrance companions and I, indulging in deep nostalgia, still like to apply him today. Very underrated, that little blue cheeky bastard.
8.0 7.0 7.0 7.5/10

Solid Aquatic scent
Chrome is a fresh clean aquatic fragrance by the house of Azzaro which was released in 1998. I have a newer reformulated version so my review is based on this version .

This scent opens to my nose with a sharp citrus / lemon notes which are provided by the bergamot and the grapefruit. Also I get a little ginger and some florals. There is also some sweetness provided by the amber which comes through more on the dry down with some wood notes,

It is leans a little towards the synthetic side but i find it to be a well balanced fragrance which is inoffensive. There is some likeness to CK One by Calvin Klein but I find this to be more on the masculine because of the wood notes in the background. Also it is more complex to my nose.

Azzaro Chrome would make a good daytime work or Casual scent which is ideal for spring or summer. It is very clean and fresh smelling and does have a good aquatic vibe.

I get decent longevity on my skin 7-8 hours . Silage and projection is average perhaps leaving a nice scent trail for first 2 - 3 hours . I would go 5 or 6 sprays as not a heavy fragrance. I like the bottle design although I think a proper metallic cap instead of plastic would have been a nice touch.

Overall quite solid 7.5 / 10
6.0 6.0 7.0 6.0/10

Fresh21
A wonderful fragrance... just before the end!
I remembered this classic from the time of its market launch, as somehow pleasant and unpleasant at the same time. Undeniably, he's got something special, but in the end I didn't touch it back then. And that's probably how it will stay - a good 20 years later, because

Azzaro's Chrome starts with a slightly citric-flowery freshness, but from the first moment on countered by a dull-metallic-synthetic note, which is somewhat irritating and unpleasant. Only after approx. 1.5 hours this aquatic sturgeon fire takes itself back gaaanz slowly a little, through what its perplexity more emerges, that cannot be found however in its pyramid rightly. All in all, the fragrance is more flowery than citric. And from the former he has (perhaps driven by the Hedion) for my feeling a little too much on board and becomes more sweet only after 3-4 hours when the amber joins the musk. But then he gets a little too sweet and his strange metal characteristic also flashes through again.

Conclusion: Chrome is quite extraordinary, but not automatically good. Because for me its course is too synthetic for 1.5 hours, then 3 hours too flowery and then 2 hours a little too sweet. Only after 6-7 hours, when it is barely perceptible, does Chrome suddenly appear pleasing, fine and balanced: all three effects, the alienating aquatics, the intrusive flower basket and the too sweet base are now milder, the mix of which ultimately makes this Frenchman fragrant. But then it is unfortunately too late for its durability, in order to score again correctly ... Too bad, because so Chrome would be a wonderful smell !

P.S. For those who like chrome, I also recommend the more balanced twin "Unpredictable"
in the fragrance process

Syzygy73 12 months ago
A light, fresh, inoffensive aquatic. Somewhat synthetic, but a pleasant everyday scent for good weather. Clean, plain and unpretentious.+5

by Undsoweiter
by Undsoweiter
Chrome von Azzaro + Special Edition 2013
by Bulentbc
by Bulentbc
Chrome von Azzaro mit Summer 2013 und Summer 2012 (v.r.n.l)
by Scentist