Chrome Legend by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro
Bottle Design: Federico Restrepo

Chrome Legend is a perfume by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro for men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-fruity. It was last marketed by Clarins.

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesTea, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 30.01.2019

Is it a Chrome Legend equals Legend?
SOTD (Scent of the Day): Azzaro Chrome Legend: As of 01/29/19

A fruity scent to my nose, is very pleasing simple and fresh scent not sharp nor harsh. My nose detects the apple, bitter orange, and tea in the opening, and then on the background the musk, tonka bean and vetiver kicks in. I enjoy this fragrance from start to finish a great office and spring and summer scent. It will be in my spring/summer rotation with other freshy scents I have in my collection. A great value for the price and is a must have. Again I don't own the OG Chrome to compare it to when it comes to the Chrome DNA, is it a Legend? I have to wait and see?

Rating

Scent: 7.25/10
Design/Presentation: 6/10
Value: 8.5/10
Longevity/Performance: Last on my skin/skin scent around 12+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
The slightly stronger summer scent
This fragrance attracted my attention among other things because the projection for a summer fragrance should be quite good and because the metallic note of the original chrome should allegedly not be present. The first time I spray, a pleasant fruity smell immediately strikes me. I smell a sour apple that has something slightly synthetic about it. Besides the apple, I also smell citric notes, possibly bitter orange. Something green-grassy floats in the background. In my opinion a very refreshing, summery fragrance.
The projection was the first 2-3 hours with me clearly over the average. The durability was with me with 7-8 hours.
In my opinion, the performance of the fragrance is therefore better than other 08/15 summer freshies, but clearly better than other 08/15 summer freshies.

In my opinion you can wear the perfume in your spare time or at parties. For the work I would rather fall back on something less strong. All in all I definitely make a recommendation.

Bottle 6.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Baaaam ... artificially good !
"Courage to be different? No problem with artificiality? Baaaam, you've come to the right place! Take your sniff". One could advertise Chrome Legend in one way or another. But in turn:

Once again in search of fresh summer scents I came across these exotics and despite the rather negative hints of the previous commissioners I did not let myself be deterred by a blind buy. Right on, 'cause I like what I smell. And that in many ways:

Chrome Legend starts off explosively, in violent apple synthetics with a dash of citric. Exceptional MEGA freshness from the lab, but in good! I immediately came across another striking feature of this fragrance that I had never found in any other. Because in a direct comparison on shirt and hand it has only about half in common: while my skin chemistry makes the CL calm and pleasing, almost innocently soft and only moderately synthetic, it behaves quite differently on a shirt, much more blatantly. Because here this H+S hammer shows its true Cyber-Ich after approx. 15-20 minutes. Loud, shrill and powerful, as if to say, "It's me, the freshness bomb from space." Yeah, there's a weird characteristic spreading that I've never encountered before. And that brings us to the next point - its originality:

If too strong synthetics are usually repulsive, I find them quite attractive with the Chrome Legend. He behaves so self-confidently as if he were flirting with this attribute. Because his artificiality is (on a shirt) so unusual that it is already good again. In other words: Qualitative synthetics! It essentially consists of three parts:

On the one hand there is the plastic apple, which towers over everything, supported by minimal citric (not bitter at all!). Both together make up this mega-fresh Saubermann effect. But there is also always a slightly powdery, soapy stickiness, but not unpleasant ... "You know this note," was my thought, and soon it was clear: This Chrome Legend has something of Cartier's Declaration, which I don't like very much. Funnily enough, however, the CL only has the best of it, because it actually manages to reflect the sweatiness of the Cartier in an attractive way, namely much finer, brighter and fresher. And so I want to rephrase the ingenious declaration description "It smells but it doesn't smell" (*) into "It smells because it smells" as for the Azzaro.

Conclusion: This Chrome is certainly no legend, but so unusual that it almost has what it takes, even if only in the category "Baaaam-Synthetic". Because to be so artificially so good is also an art ...

(*) with thanks quoted from MrSmith's commi to Cartier Declaration.
Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 7.5/10
Helpful Review
Mister Chrome Legend you are back in business !!!!
I did not touch this fragrance for a year. A couple of days ago, I looked at the almost full 125 ml blue flask and just thought:
"What the heack, we have a sunny day today" and I applied my usual "freshie" dose of 5 sprays.
I already had forgotten how this fragrance has an enormous sillage - for a freshie - and an extreme longevity on my skin. It's real unusual with a fresh aquatic cologne. Thinking about citrus fragrances I only have the same performance effect with Bogart Pure and Capucci pour Homme and they are not as fresh as this one.
Azzaro Chrome Legend smells like Allure Homme Sport but a bit more intense, besides being a lot more cheaper.
I like it. My wife loves it. I received compliments from four different people today.
Chrome Legend.... you are back in business !!!!

Suggestion: I tried it yesterday in my fist and thought that I would like it a bit more muskier. So today I sprayed a first small layer with Alyssa Ashley Musk and then 2 heavy sprays of Chrome Legend. The result was great.
Chrome Legend
I didn't care for it. I bought 2 bottles, one for myself and one for someone else as a gift. I ended up giving my bottle away and so did he. Neither of us liked it. Too strong, too strange and quite unpleasant. I'll take Chrome Sport over this any day.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Real Legend
Superb Projection, Superb Longevity, Fresh Aquatic smell. If you Love to be noticed in the crowed, Then This is for you, People will definitely smell you. What a power, I call it Real Legend.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Basic yet pleasant aquatic
A male friend of mine wears this on a daily basis and I must say that it's quite pleasant.

This is my first introduction to Azzaro fragrances and so far I'm liking them. Chrome Legend is a quite a fresh and crisp, almost marine like scent. The apple, tea and bitter orange notes give this fragrance an interestingly sharp yet clean quality in the opening.

The apple is the dominant note from beginning to end which makes this scent rather fruity yet masculine at the same time. Initially the scent starts out sweet and light, however seconds later the scent becomes a rich and refreshing blend with subtle hints of vetiver and woodsy notes in the drydown.

Chrome Legend has fabulous lasting strength and sillage, so be careful when applying. I recommend this cologne as a nice choice for wear this coming Spring/Summer.

MrHonest 13 months ago
My only blind buy fail. Sharp, metallic and incredibly synthetic fruity accords. Superb projection, but to me, smells like bathroom cleaner.+4

Die legendären Micro-Aliens aus meiner FotoKunst-Blog-Trilogie ;-)
by Fresh21