Chrome Legend by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro
Bottle Design: Federico Restrepo

Chrome Legend is a perfume by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro for men and was released in 2007. The scent is fresh-fruity. It was last marketed by Clarins.

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange, Green apple
Heart Notes Heart NotesTea, Vetiver
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Musk, Tonka bean, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.04.2019

6.0 7.0 7.0 7.0/10

A cheapie that works
This one is very inexpensive, so I gave it a shot. It has a nice, synthetic, clean aroma that resonates for quite a long time (easy 8+hours on my skin). I think the batch I got is newer because the bottle cap isn’t the same as the ones in the pix posted here, but again, I only paid like $20, so I can’t cry about bottle caps
7.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

A good one for spring
I bought this fragrance seeing an youtube review about it. That guy described it as being a beast in terms of performance. It was just a blind buy which I don’t regret. Even if it’s not the best for me. I wear it from time to time, to be honest. It’s a good price for a huge bottle of 125 ML(you can get it under 40$). Sprayer works GREAT!! But the cap sucks. You have to be careful when you take off the cap. I wear this casually because it works for me in casual scenarios. Apple and mint. Or a minty apple. That’s what I get from this one. A minty apple with a metallic touch. Not bad for a spring frag. It can be also worn for other situations as well (I guess). Performance : I have to be honest. My girl smelled this on me even after 8 hours. Because it was something totally different that what she was used to. (She smelled it on my skin when she approached me). For me it lacks in projection (I really don’t feel it that strong but maybe it’s there). I feel the projection in the first hour and after that it starts to dissapear. Maybe it still projects but I don’t feel it. I got only 2 compliments from a few wearings and one of them was insane ! A girl from my office was the “victim” . She told me that is sooo masculine, fresh and invigorating (probably that mint and apple kicked in). She told me that she literally could sleep on me and feel that kind of smell.
I think there were about 2 hours after I applied the juice before getting this compliment.
Even if it’s not my favourite, I still recommend it because it smells fresh, minty and somehow like fresh air, invigorating. And because of its pretty low price. Nice looking bottle, even if the cap sucks. Nice one for a low budget.
Overall rating : 7/10
6.0 8.0 9.0 7.5/10

Chevalier
Many who were ahead of their time had to wait for them in very uncomfortable accommodations. Stanislaw Jerzy Lec (1909-66), Polish writer
Chrome was a fragrance that I used to find very good and pleasant. After one or two bottles, however, relatively quickly forgot again. As far as I know, the world of fragrances was calmer in 1996 than in 2018, when it was flooded with new releases.
Afterwards it was quiet with the line Chrome, which Azzaro had undergone as a rejuvenation cure with manageable success.
In 2007 came this legend, which was ahead of its time.
This extreme artificiality, combined with the incredible freshness of bitter orange and apple, was very special.
Either they made Silla bombs that had an oriental effect or others with an aquatic impact where you could only see water and freshness every time, even if the place had been smoked and not ventilated for ten hours.
This legendary Azzaro was a new combination. To the best of my knowledge, fruit and synthetics on this scale did not yet exist.
Probably just the problem with this bottle.
Also the appearance and resurrection from Dior's own agony with Homme and Iris had thrown almost all fragrances out of the race in 2007. Many others flopped like Polo Explorer. Perhaps Guerlain from the same house as Dior had a good run with L'Instant de Guerlain, launched in 2005.
Here was simply no place for this actually very good and cheap mainstreamer.
You can see how years after this fragrance similar works were launched. Eros is certainly one of those artists of synthetics, with much more sweetness to the whole fragrance.
Only few scents dominate this very pleasant and fresh prelude. Unfortunately this doesn't go very long here with this light blue aquatic and the good bitter orange goes into the background and lets too fast the woody chords into the foreground. This results in a musty, soapy accent for a while which does not dominate the field for too long.
For wood lovers who are not yet with incense or other serious side effects occur certainly the right variant. For fine noses, which like it well-mannered and not so loudly desire, rather not.
Here this legendary wooden club is much too strict and too dominant.
As an advocate of strong Silla fragrances, this variant is highly recommendable compared to today's and expensive Fougered fragrances, which are all somehow similar.
After this blue wooden stick, Azzaro unfortunately brought too many chrome variants onto the market.
At the moment there are already eleven with the new Chrome Aqua, which makes this legend seem completely obsolete.
Maybe not.

Ernie824
Is it a Chrome Legend equals Legend?
SOTD (Scent of the Day): Azzaro Chrome Legend: As of 01/29/19

A fruity scent to my nose, is very pleasing simple and fresh scent not sharp nor harsh. My nose detects the apple, bitter orange, and tea in the opening, and then on the background the musk, tonka bean and vetiver kicks in. I enjoy this fragrance from start to finish a great office and spring and summer scent. It will be in my spring/summer rotation with other freshy scents I have in my collection. A great value for the price and is a must have. Again I don't own the OG Chrome to compare it to when it comes to the Chrome DNA, is it a Legend? I have to wait and see?

Rating

Scent: 7.25/10
Design/Presentation: 6/10
Value: 8.5/10
Longevity/Performance: Last on my skin/skin scent around 12+ hrs
Overall: 7.5/10
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Stan
The slightly stronger summer scent
This fragrance attracted my attention among other things because the projection for a summer fragrance should be quite good and because the metallic note of the original chrome should allegedly not be present. The first time I spray, a pleasant fruity smell immediately strikes me. I smell a sour apple that has something slightly synthetic about it. Besides the apple, I also smell citric notes, possibly bitter orange. Something green-grassy floats in the background. In my opinion a very refreshing, summery fragrance.
The projection was the first 2-3 hours with me clearly over the average. The durability was with me with 7-8 hours.
In my opinion, the performance of the fragrance is therefore better than other 08/15 summer freshies, but clearly better than other 08/15 summer freshies.

In my opinion you can wear the perfume in your spare time or at parties. For the work I would rather fall back on something less strong. All in all I definitely make a recommendation.

6.0 7.0 8.0 7.0/10

Fresh21
Baaaam ... artificially good !
"Courage to be different? No problem with artificiality? Baaaam, you've come to the right place! Take your sniff". One could advertise Chrome Legend in one way or another. But in turn:

Once again in search of fresh summer scents I came across these exotics and despite the rather negative hints of the previous commissioners I did not let myself be deterred by a blind buy. Right on, 'cause I like what I smell. And that in many ways:

Chrome Legend starts off explosively, in violent apple synthetics with a dash of citric. Exceptional MEGA freshness from the lab, but in good! I immediately came across another striking feature of this fragrance that I had never found in any other. Because in a direct comparison on shirt and hand it has only about half in common: while my skin chemistry makes the CL calm and pleasing, almost innocently soft and only moderately synthetic, it behaves quite differently on a shirt, much more blatantly. Because here this H+S hammer shows its true Cyber-Ich after approx. 15-20 minutes. Loud, shrill and powerful, as if to say, "It's me, the freshness bomb from space." Yeah, there's a weird characteristic spreading that I've never encountered before. And that brings us to the next point - its originality:

If too strong synthetics are usually repulsive, I find them quite attractive with the Chrome Legend. He behaves so self-confidently as if he were flirting with this attribute. Because his artificiality is (on a shirt) so unusual that it is already good again. In other words: Qualitative synthetics! It essentially consists of three parts:

On the one hand there is the plastic apple, which towers over everything, supported by minimal citric (not bitter at all!). Both together make up this mega-fresh Saubermann effect. But there is also always a slightly powdery, soapy stickiness, but not unpleasant ... "You know this note," was my thought, and soon it was clear: This Chrome Legend has something of Cartier's Declaration, which I don't like very much. Funnily enough, however, the CL only has the best of it, because it actually manages to reflect the sweatiness of the Cartier in an attractive way, namely much finer, brighter and fresher. And so I want to rephrase the ingenious declaration description "It smells but it doesn't smell" (*) into "It smells because it smells" as for the Azzaro.

Conclusion: This Chrome is certainly no legend, but so unusual that it almost has what it takes, even if only in the category "Baaaam-Synthetic". Because to be so artificially so good is also an art ...

(*) with thanks quoted from MrSmith's commi to Cartier Declaration.
7.0 8.0 8.0 7.5/10

Carlitos01
Mister Chrome Legend you are back in business !!!!
I did not touch this fragrance for a year. A couple of days ago, I looked at the almost full 125 ml blue flask and just thought:
"What the heack, we have a sunny day today" and I applied my usual "freshie" dose of 5 sprays.
I already had forgotten how this fragrance has an enormous sillage - for a freshie - and an extreme longevity on my skin. It's real unusual with a fresh aquatic cologne. Thinking about citrus fragrances I only have the same performance effect with Bogart Pure and Capucci pour Homme and they are not as fresh as this one.
Azzaro Chrome Legend smells like Allure Homme Sport but a bit more intense, besides being a lot more cheaper.
I like it. My wife loves it. I received compliments from four different people today.
Chrome Legend.... you are back in business !!!!

Suggestion: I tried it yesterday in my fist and thought that I would like it a bit more muskier. So today I sprayed a first small layer with Alyssa Ashley Musk and then 2 heavy sprays of Chrome Legend. The result was great.

Chrome Legend
I didn't care for it. I bought 2 bottles, one for myself and one for someone else as a gift. I ended up giving my bottle away and so did he. Neither of us liked it. Too strong, too strange and quite unpleasant. I'll take Chrome Sport over this any day.
7.5 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Real Legend
Superb Projection, Superb Longevity, Fresh Aquatic smell. If you Love to be noticed in the crowed, Then This is for you, People will definitely smell you. What a power, I call it Real Legend.
7.5 5.0 6.0/10

Basic yet pleasant aquatic
A male friend of mine wears this on a daily basis and I must say that it's quite pleasant.

This is my first introduction to Azzaro fragrances and so far I'm liking them. Chrome Legend is a quite a fresh and crisp, almost marine like scent. The apple, tea and bitter orange notes give this fragrance an interestingly sharp yet clean quality in the opening.

The apple is the dominant note from beginning to end which makes this scent rather fruity yet masculine at the same time. Initially the scent starts out sweet and light, however seconds later the scent becomes a rich and refreshing blend with subtle hints of vetiver and woodsy notes in the drydown.

Chrome Legend has fabulous lasting strength and sillage, so be careful when applying. I recommend this cologne as a nice choice for wear this coming Spring/Summer.

Carlitos01 14 days ago
Chrome Legend smells like Allure Homme Sport but more intense, besides being a lot cheaper. It's FFA&P - fresh, fruity, aquatic & pleasant!+2
MrHonest 15 months ago
My only blind buy fail. Sharp, metallic and incredibly synthetic fruity accords. Superb projection, but to me, smells like bathroom cleaner.+4

Die legendären Micro-Aliens aus meiner FotoKunst-Blog-Trilogie ;-)
by Fresh21