Visit for Men (2003)Eau de Toilette

Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro
Bottle Design Federico Restrepo

Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro for men and was released in 2003. The scent is woody-spicy. It was last marketed by Clarins.

Top Notes Top NotesCardamom, Nutmeg, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmbergris, Musk, Frankincense
Base Notes Base NotesBlue lebanon cedar, Gaiac wood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 04.12.2019.

6.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

A welcome woody visit
Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain, Royal White by Charriol, Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy, Au Masculin Parfum Intense by Lolita Lempicka, 67 Artemisia by Pomellato, Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani, Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent, Bois d'Argent by Christian Dior, Bois d'Arménie by Guerlain, Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss, Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari, Potion by Dsquared², Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti... Annick Ménardo gave us either marvelous perfumes or sales successes for men (or at least unisex successes for men).
All the names I referenced are probably better known than VISIT for Man by Azzaro. This is one very pleasant spicy / woody fragrance. If nothing else it's one pretty straightforward about its mission on earth. It's all about fresh spices to begin with to later confort you with fragrant woods.
It open reasonably fresh, a bit sweet and very spicy with heavy cardamom, nutmeg and pink pepper; then it let's you take a big breath with an oriental frame heart of incense and amber, to later offer you manly crisp cedar with lightly smoked guaiac. It's really almost all about spices and woods, but done in a very elegant way, without being to faint or becoming cloying.
It leaves an aura of the discontinued Gucci Rush in the air. If you long for that Gucci scent you may have found a damn good substitute.
It's very versatile for a big number of situations but I would elect it as one of the best office scents I have ever tried. It builds an image of trust around its wearer. It's suitable for Spring and Fall, but Winter days and Summer nights are not out of the question as well. The performance is average, good enough for six hours of longevity and more than one arm length sillage. It projects almost for two hours but it's a calm and educated woody projection as a masculine office fragrance should have.
I do recommend this fragrance as a perfect solution for those work days where you are not sure about what to wear, or for the practical man who wants to have a single fragrance in his wardrobe.
With close to two hundred flasks in my closet I wear VISIT at least a couple of times each month and sometimes a lot more when I am travelling.
I give it a general rate of 85/100.
10.0 6.0 7.0 9.0/10

A Visit to Flatiron Building in New York City
The jar of Visit will captivate you, as it's very comparable to the Flatiron Building, originally the Fuller Building, a triangular skyscraper located at 175 Fifth Avenue in the Flatiron District neighborhood of borough of Manhattan, New York City... "one of the world's most iconic skyscrapers and a quintessential symbol of New York City".

I've come across Azzaro's Visit lately after I bought GF Ferré Lui and read a few comments mentioning the similarity between the two of them and Gucci Rush as well. Since I like the woody and spicy aroma of GF Ferré Lui I searched on-line for Visit and found a reasonably cheap one on eBay. Notwithstanding the number of distinct Azzaro's colognes that are part of my collection, I am afraid I've never tested Visit before. This is a must have for any collector, it's classy, sophisticated, masculine and unique, the cedar-incense perfect blend is startling and just clear jaw-dropping... I am dumbfounded by this cologne, I can't believe I ignored it all this while when it was this good. I guess it was due to the presentation, to its indigo color that made me awkwardly think about an aquatic scent. Too bad. This underrated jewel is everything but a watery, salty, or ozonic cologne, yet it is a refined classic woody spicy scent.

Hence, as soon as I got up this morning, I felt like rocking it, and I sprinkled a few sprays over my neck, chest, and wrists. The cologne is not overpowering, you don't have to worry about exaggerating a bit. All of a sudden, the air was saturated with a blast of spicy and minty fresh cardamom, supported by other spices that made the opening less medicinal, a touch of sweet nutmeg and a bit of piquant pepper. I did not get any citrus fruit note, so this opening should have a pleasant feel to people not liking the citrus aroma. It is very manly with a hint of sharpness and cleanliness to it, courtesy of the black pepper notes.

Even though the top notes you can perceive cedar wood giving it a pencil-sharpener type of feel. A menthol-like flow from cedar needles carries the stirring brew to the heart. Here, the cedar comes into its own, imparting its richly balsamic and camphoraceous accord, and vies with a lively incense, with its resinous, myrrh-like smokiness, for dominance. As it progresses you get sweet, wood, and resin essences. Incense had been used in perfumery as an accent note but very rarely as the focal point. Here the typical masculine woody structure is infused with a significant amount of incense. The musk is boosted with a suite of sweet amber so that it provides a creamier woody foil. I am guessing this was to allow the incense to not become too astringent in this first use of it. The result is the incense comes in with a translucent quality while also becoming the focal point.

Once it’s settled in, Visit is a smooth, comfortable perfume whose enveloping warmth belies its blue color as the blue Lebanon cedar. It doesn’t evolve all that much with wear. Instead, it holds a steady, linear course for several hours before its central structure gives way. The drydown that follows is mostly cedar and guaiac, the latter infuses its tea-rose woodiness, while a muted nutmeg is relegated to the background. The bustling incense flitters about in the background. A pleasant drydown ensues.

There is a certain delight in inhaling the casual scent of spice, musk, and wood. Visit has 8-10 hour longevity and average sillage, it's very long lasting, such that you can apply once and you’d be able to enjoy its scent for several hours. According to my flavors, it performs better during middle seasons months, springtime and fall time are ideal, a daytime and evening scent, perhaps too weak for clubbing or night out.

-Elysium
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

Farneon
The visit of the old sniffer
First of all, I didn't even know this perfume from Parfumo. And unfortunately (as so often) it is not produced any longer. It seems to be a pretty bad trend that the manufacturers have their best horses put down in the stables, probably because they don't do their rounds as fast as heßblütige young stallions, which in most cases lack maturity and elegance. So I was all the more curious about "Visit", from which I was able to get a 100 ml bottle at the company with the "A".

Why I did this, although I am neither a fan of "Azzaro pour Homme" (herb-ledrig-seifig), "Chrome" (drisch-synthetisch-metallisch) or "Wanted (see the horse example), seems clear: First of all there are the good evaluations here, which influence a purchase decision at the end, nevertheless, a piece far. Above all, however, it is due to the indicated fragrance pyramid, which does NOT contain exactly that of which I already have en masse in my collection (citric, fruity and herbaceous) or something with which my nose is all too often at war (leathery, flowery and gourmand).

I impatiently unpack the bottle, which does without a lid and gives a very good, dashing figure. The violet fluid it contains arrives on my skin exactly as I expected it to, and that is rarely the case. Apart from the fact that I count some of Annick Ménardo's fragrances among my favourites (Acqua di Gio, Xeryus Rouge, Body Kouros). "Visit" is characterized by a rather linear fragrance, which I personally think is very good. Cardamom and pepper naturally weaken after a while in favour of noble woods, but from the beginning they find two steadfast companions in sweet ambergris and sensual frankincense, which are hooked firmly under the arms of the head and base notes
Again and again I have to sniff at my arm and can't find anything that bothers me: on the contrary. "Visit" exudes an exceedingly masculine aura, without me having to think of thoroughbred machos or suit wear. It has a seductive sweetness in it, without reminding of Christmas cookies or candied fruit. Slightly smoky wood makes me think of an open fireplace without standing directly next to the embers. For me a top autumn and winter fragrance for all who (like me) don't like it quite so old-fashioned, rough, sweet and oriental.

I'd say slam, as long as there's Visit left to grab. The price is cheap (about 40 Euro for 100 ml), H&S are above average and outside the cold season has crept in. If not now, when will it be?!
7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10

Darkbeat
A fresh and spicy incense
From a beginning he knew that this perfume was going to like me, going out of the nose of Annick Menardo, there was no doubt, almost everything masculine that this lady touches I like, but what was not waiting for me is that it was going to love me. A different and exquisite perfume.

It is an incense of Japanese, very Zen style, that nothing has to do with the incense of the catholic, but better, because it makes it more special and only. It is a perfume of few evolution, excepting the exit that is more fresh for the bergamota, the rest of the aroma is an incense much especiado on a fund amaderado, woody and dry, of infarction, where the pepper, the cardamom, the nutmeg and the ginger do a tandem with the incense, exotic, hypnotic and of the most beautiful originality. You already know that I am a lover of this note, and as it could not be otherwise: I love!! Magnificent work of Annick Menardo.

As for yield, for my grief, it is moderated, it remains in skin for approximately 6 or 7 hours, but with a low moderate stela, in the first half an hour he makes feel, but at once it remains very near to the skin, a pity, because if this will radiate well, it would be a perfumón of dizziness, but good, it is very well of price and we cannot demand him too much, but if Azzaro should dare with a version “eau of parfum”, it would be the first one in going for her without thinking it.

I it see a day perfume and with tendency to the warm and moderate climates, although, as you know, this, that I always say in my critiques, it is orientativo, because then, I am the first one that I do not fulfill it, since I think that a perfume is of universal use and is used according to the preferences and tastes of each one, so everyone uses it when everyone pleases to him.

If you like the perfumes with the predominant one it vibrates incensed, with very Zen execution, in the style of the perfumes Kenzo, you cannot allow proving it, perfume very advisable.

Forgive me for my english.

Cheaper Gucci Rush Men
Cheap ripoff of Gucci Rush for Men; it completely lacks in the class, the complexity and the grace of Gucci, but it is not bad if you’re willing to settle and lower your expectations. I mean, it is a bit like a well made doll resembling to a human being, it looks like the real thing but lacking in warmth and vibrancy – in life, shortly. Azzaro Visit is all about synthetic cedar and sandalwood, with a ton of Iso E Super and some violet; fresh, “urban”, really simple and moderately enjoyable. More dry and more woody than Rush, more peppery/nutmeg too, and above all more openly, harshly synthetic... but decent for the price.

6/10
10.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Do I have to?
Neo009, how cruel of you to ask me to choose between my Annick Menardo fragrances ! She is my favorite, and I love all her scents (including ones where she shares credit, with Cresp, or Morillas, etc.) I have them all.

The 1st similarity I find between the two, is what I call the Annick Menardo Factor: Where there's something quite bizzare, yet alluring about the scent. Her scents are compelling, if nothing else. Asied from that, these two are also both Sweet-Spicy-Dry Woody scents.

But Visit and Potion are very different.

Visit has a very artificial/synthetic quality (some may say harsh), which when married to a sweet nutmeg and heavy dry cedar, evokes the aura of an Alien "Visitor" from outer space landing in a forrest. I can't always get into this one, (and I never wear this one during the day, although one certainly can) but it's Fantastic at night when I'm in the mood for it. The quality is a little crude I have to admit. But what do you expect from the budget of an Azzaro fragrance, right?

Now, Potion has much better "quality". Subtle, yet complex. Translucent, yet rich. Not crude or harsh at all. It's also sweet and woody like Visit, but the spices and swetness has a medicinal tone that speaks of ancient roots and plants... Perhaps those that a Wiccan might use in making a magic potion. Very modern in it's smooth, see thru texture. Yet very mysterious and ancient in it's composition. Although I admit the projection for the EDT is too subtle for most fragrance fanatics, It's actually perfect for this scent IMO.

I love them both, But since girls don't really like Visit on me very much. And I have often gotten a firstly startled...then, a glazed over stare from girls when i wear Potion... (no joke)...

I would have to pick DSQUARED² Potion as the one I prefer. (Not that I prefer glazed over stares. lol)

Thanks for bringing up these two great Menardo scents, Neo009

: )

(excerpted from a post of mine)
7.0/10

Crisp cedar
When I first tried this, I did not like it. I am pretty sure I had a dud sample, as it smelled like celery. About a year ago I tried this again and realised what an excellent fragrance it is. It is a spicy cedar fragrance that to me is an exemplar of its type.

There is a pepperiness about this fragrance which complements the cedar perfectly and a dry spicy accord that gives this a crispness missing in other cedar scents I have tried. Visit makes me think of Terre d'Hermes, which in my opinion is an inferior fragrance as I find it a little 'muddy', whereas Visit has an aromatic aspect, probably due to the incense. It is like the offspring of Bulgari pour homme and TdH, but much better than either of those two and it is much cheaper too! The sillage and longevity are more than respectable.

Carlitos01 11 days ago
It's similar to the discontinued and forgotten Gucci Rush for Men. It's woody, spicy, balsamic & a bit smoky. An all around very good scent.+4
AmberScent 8 months ago
I do recommend VISIT as a perfect solution for office days when you want feel safe but masculine, or for the single fragrance practical man.+3
6.0

by 1976Michalis
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Wanted by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Wanted by Night by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme L'Eau by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Decibel by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Chrome Legend by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black / Azzaro pour Homme Onyx (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Night Time by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Azzaro 9 (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Solarissimo - Levanzo by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro Pure Cedrat by Azzaro / Parfums Loris Azzaro