Wanted 2016

Wanted is a perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 2016. The scent is synthetic-citrusy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian lemon, Nigerian ginger
Heart Notes Heart NotesGuatemala cardamom, Cade juniper wood
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver, Brazilian tonka bean

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 10.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Norwegian model Nikolaï Danielsen.

2.5
Headaches
I'll start with the scent. When I spray it in the cap of the bottle, it actually smells quite okey. I would wear it. If I spray it on my skin, I get a headache from the synthetic-citric scent. (Maybe there is an explanation for this?) According to the information the citric is a calabrian lemon. But for me it smells more like a bitter orange-tangerine. Fortunately the shelf life is not so good. The Sillage on the other hand is better. The bottle is quite ok but I almost have to rip the cap off.
Could I have bought a fake?
I can not imagine how such a terrible scent gets a rating that is actually ok For me only a recommendation if you want to see your fellow men suffer
MajorTom
Wanted? No, guys, neither really nor seriously, sorry!
I am a big fan of Azzaro pour homme. A true classic and still wearable today as ever.

Since the number of well made flankers is rather rare, I was accordingly sceptical when I decided to test the "Wanted" series. Wanted Tonic was not worth a comment, not for the life of me. Now the normal Wanted.

First point of attention: the bottle. Looks to me like the drum of a revolver. And that's where the problems begin. I've shot everything in my life that I can get my hands on. And I've seen what guns can do. Accordingly, I hate all unnecessary associations, whatever the makers may have thought of, for me the bottle has warlike features.

So I have to be careful to give as objective an evaluation as possible, even though at the end of the day every evaluation has of course subjective traits.

Wanted starts off fruity and at the same time a bit spicy, which is probably due to the ginger listed in Pyramid. But this prelude doesn't really last long, which is rather positive here because of the - in my opinion - inharmonious ensemble.
But the further transformation does not exactly pull me out of my armchair either. Citric/fruity turns into sweet/spicy, which is not bad per se, but in the end it's just too trivial, because little seems to be independent and therefore arbitrarily interchangeable. In the further course of time, this mixture drifts further into a very (in my opinion too) synthetic corner and is therefore difficult to sort. And so Wanted ends in a sweet and synthetic mood, which reminds me at least a little bit of former American chewing gum, sorry! Even a fundamentally good perfumer cannot do magic, but only implement what he is given in financial leeway, which was probably rather limited here.

Interestingly enough, the shelf life for a fragrance in this price range is not of bad parents, about seven hours are in it, although in the end only on direct skin proximity. The sillage, on the other hand, is not very strong, clearly and almost a tick at the beginning, but after an hour there is not much left.

So what am I looking at here? A typical product for the mass market. We'll see if the success needed to keep Wanted on the shelf in three years time is there. The scent is okay, no more, but also no less. A modern scent, but nothing special. Durability good, Sillage moderate, everything is said about the bottle.

From a name like Azzaro I clearly expected or hoped for more. The ancestor simply set the bar at a level that was difficult to beat

PerfumePL
No es novedosa pero cumple bien su función
Fragancia versátil, con un enfoque juvenil, que se desenvuelve bien durante el día y en estaciones intermedias. Toca muchos espectros, tiene cítrico,una parte frutal con una manzana verde que yo noto mucho en sus primeras fases, es fresca,es dulce y también tiene una parte amaderada. Tiene una longevidad buena para ser EDT y una estela que empieza fuerte pero se retrae hasta quedarse en moderada. No inventa nada nuevo, pero está diseñada para agradar en general.
Si quieres saber mas echa un ojo a mi reseña

SnoopDog
Much better than its presentation would suggest
AZZARO isn't really mine. In my early youth I had to have a pour homme on the shelf forever, as a gift from my big brother, so to speak. The stuff was never all that was always much too spicy for me as a teenager.

Well, I just got a Wanted sample with my last order and it's now in my desk. I tried it once...

Oooops - it's okay, I didn't expect that now.

Top note:
Wow, fresh citrus through the bergamot. Ginger makes it all a little more intense with more punch. Respect!
8 points

Heart note:
It's beautiful too. The juniper (cade) makes the matter a little spicier and woody. You might know Cade from the L´Occitane long runner of the same name. The fresh citric top note now becomes a warm and spicy heart note, which becomes somehow sweeter as time goes on.
Where does this extreme sweetness come from? From the cardamom? I don't think so. I don't even notice cardamom here, regardless of the fact that it's not sweet. If you want to see cardamom, please try Zegna's Essence Madras cardamom. SO GEHT KARDAMOM and no other!
So this sweetie is too much, but she doesn't really bother me.

Base note:
The base remains warm and sweet gourmandig. The vanilla tonka bean does it. Gibt´s to not fault anything. The sweetness then gradually ebbs away and becomes gourmand.

Shelf life:
Yes, yes, 6 hours at least

Sillage:
I perceive them strongly, suspect my environment also.
8 points

Flacon:
OMG! He'd just be put in the drawer at the bottom. It also doesn't go well with the emotional and warm scent.
2 points

AZZARO Wanted is for men aged 45 and over who like to wear it in autumn/winter in the evening or in the office. Young blonde hippsters with rolled up jeans and sneakers will not wear this scent - I think.

I find the fragrance good (for the old-fashioned AZZARO), but still don't buy it.

Carlitos01
Of a revolver shape and cedars scent in disguise
Just by the scent, I would never guessed this perfume to be from the house of Azzaro. I kind of like it but is miles away from the traditional Azzaro DNA... and that it's not a bad thing.
Azzaro spent a lot of time exploring flankers for its original "Pour Homme", designed to be a signature scent. And it still is following that policy through the launching of the magnifics "Edition Noire", "Amber Fever". The name Azzaro is very well established in the perfume industry and, as a product line, refers only to products bottled in the familiar pretty octagonal flask. "Wanted" is ment to be a distinct product line.
Azzaro came out with other similar initiatives like the Visit and the Chrome line. Visit is discontinued now but, although is a very fine fragrance, never loosed its title of being a less expensive Gucci Rush for men copy.
Chrome has a different family story and it's one of success. It explores different paths than those followed by the "Pour Homme" and "Wanted" families. It has a fresh-aquatic-citrusy-synthetic footprint and it lives in the bathroom near the shower area. For many anonymous customers, Chrome became an informal brand of its own. The name Azzaro is only remembered if engraved in the bottle.
Wanted shares the bedroom and wardrobe area with the "Pour Homme" series. It has the difficult task of imposing an new family / brand name, a controversial new bottle shape and, most of all, a new unique scent. I am not afraid of calling it unique as I do not agree with the similarity claimed to exist between Wanted and PR Invictus.
I showed the bottle to several people asking "to what this flask looks like?". I always got the same answer. Everybody answered that It looks like a revolver or, better still, that it looks "like that round thing where you put the bullets in". No one believes Azzaro when they claim that the shape mimics a clock mechanism. The revolver magazine shape is very explicit. Explicit are also the marketing tatics in the same path of those used by Paco Rabanne for some of his product lines.

THE FRAGRANCE
Wanted presents us a fairly common opening with zesty calabrian lemon blended with spicy and sharp ginger. The Innovation comes with the use of common Guatemalan cardamom blended with cade oil, extracted from the "juniperus oxycedrus" tree, or if using only common words, a type of cedar. Cade oil is obtained by the distillation of cade wood. It exhudes a dark green scent with a tarry and smoky accords. Probably it's used in small quantities in Wanted, as both the tar and the smoke accords are not prominent in the perfume scent. But it is quite enough to create a new and innovative fragrance.
In the bottom phase we get a common blending of vetiver and tonka. The cade oil is persistant and it is present in the dry down mixed with the tonka sweetness and the vetiver woodiness and smokiness.
I am still learning to enjoy this fragrance. It is a bit innovative due the use of Cade and has some tribulations to impose itself in the market. Boss had a similar problem with the innovative "The Scent" trying to impose the fairly uncommon maninka fruity note. The Wanted by Night flanker had an initial bigger acceptance through the introduction of additional heavy cinnamon and tobacco besides a sweeter mandarine instead of lemon.
With 3 sprays, longevity (7 hours) and sillage (4.5 feet) are average for this type of notes. Projection lasts more or less 1.5 hours.

Scoring this oily pistol magazine:
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Scent opening............7.5 (nice zesty lemon and ginger)
- Scent Dry Down.........8.5 (the dark mood due to cade oil makes the difference)
- Longevity (h) ..............7.5 (up to 7 hours with, 3 sprays)
- Sillage (ft)....................7.5 (4~5 ft with, 1.5 h of projection, 3 sprays)
- Versatility....................8.0 (above average; not effective on cold days and nights)
- Usability......................8.0 (above average; Not suitable for a night out, clubbing, sports and seaside)
- Compliments..............7.0 (agreable but not a compliment magnet)
- Uniqueness................10.0 (unique)
- Quality.........................8.0 (above average quality, good cap & sprayer, heavy bottle)
- Presentation...............9.0 (a matter of opinion)
- Price.............................8.0 ($ 30 for a non tester 100 ml - but it was on sale)
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
- Average:...............8.11/10.0
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on this unique Azzaro:
Good presentation, good overall scent, agreable, elegant, making a nice choice for daily wear and office! Average performance. Pricing still a bit expensive. During 2020 and onwards, the on line price will certainly come down.
Recommended? I suggest you to try it before purchasing it.
Blind purchase worthy? No, unless you fancy the unusual bottle.

Music: "The ballad of Jesse James" by Bruce Springsteen
5.5

Of perpetrators and victims
Oh dear - what was Azzaro thinking about with this release? I can imagine very well that those responsible at Azzaro were looking at the big competitor Paco Rabanne and, once again, at the thought of their success, were already shaking their knives full of envy and despair. Maybe someone even brought his 38s to the meeting in rage to show how serious the situation is and what you would do with the competition to at least secure some market share.

Even before the situation escalated, one of the more prudent members of the meeting may have come up with the idea that it could at least be used to create a bottle that would pay for Paco Rabanne's "target" group and quote Viktor & Rolf's no less successful Spicebomb. Something the whole 12 to 16 year old wannabe gangsta kids have to react to. And to be on the safe side, Fabrice Pellegrin was hired as a perfumer, and with Black XS L´Excès he was already able to start the fragrance organ for Paco Rabanne. The latter is fact, the rest pure speculation or alternative truths - depending on how you like it.

The result is an eau de toilette which, with its synthetic but at least not quite unpleasant lemon, warm sugared ginger, spicy smooth cardamom and soft tonka bean, is definitely aimed at younger buyers. At times this reminds me of the normal Black XS, although it has a completely different structure. Anyway, there must be some typical Paco Rabanne DNA creeping in. In Fragrantica's pyramid there is something about apples, which in my opinion in PR would rather go in the direction of strawberries and close the circle for me and explain it. That means what I didn't like about Black XS and didn't like, continues here (un-)wittily. And I'm not alone, because others didn't associate Wanted with Invictus quite by accident.

Later on, the fragrance cannot completely escape its synthetic origin, especially as it sometimes gives off slightly rubbery and sweaty nuances.

In short, Wanted is a nice exotic, quite sweetened art scent that robs the target group of Black XS, Invictus and Spicebomb. It is not as bad now as it is here with some evaluations, but it is not really an enrichment.

I find the bottle, on the other hand, more questionable, as it is embarrassing even for the copywriters of the Azzaro website and dissociates themselves from it, because it says that it is shaped like a clock mechanism and symbolizes the desire for challenge and the play with danger. Yes no - is clear! Who hasn't heard the bang? I just say (and let's see who understands this in context): Happyness is a warm gun!

The perpetrator and victim here is Azzaro at the same time, shooting themselves in the knee with Wanted - at least as far as their brand character is concerned!

Wanted
It is understandable that niche lovers would arrest and imprison this fragrance because it is definitely synthetic. The synthetic lemon has a very strong force at the beginning, but later the scent calms down again and becomes more pleasant with time. This fragrance is synthetic-citric-dark woody, and the drydown is pleasantly sweetened by the tonka bean.
Wanted is strongly represented in the first hour, and the following 1.5 hours well perceptible. It is present on the skin for 6-7 hours.

I personally like the design of the bottle a lot, and this bottle definitely arouses the interest of the customers. The bottle is definitely not cheaply processed, and also very handy. Since I live in a hot country where the summer temperatures are 50 degrees, I always try to have my EDT with me. A 100ml bottle fits easily into a small bag if you should take it with you to spray.
Basti87
Lots of synthetic, but I still like it
Azzaro, better known for "serious" fragrances ala Pour Homme, Chrome and other rather higher quality creations. But Azzaro also wanted to jump on the youthful synthetic track in 2016 with this Wanted. After Decibel, the second of this brand, which is rather out of line and is intended to appeal to a young audience. I'm not surprised Wanted gets off so badly here. From the style he goes already very strongly in the Invictus direction. If you don't like the Invictus, you probably won't like it either. It is not a copy, but it polarizes similarly with its synthetics.

I have known him for some time now and now he has made it into my collection. I'd have liked to buy 30ml, but I didn't have it. So there was the 50ml bottle for just over 50 euros. Maybe a little overpriced with the fragrance concept, but with really good performance.
The bottle is trashy for many. I like him. Here, too, Invictus was probably copied and a bottle was taken that catches the eye and polarizes. Similar to the trophy. I find the cartridges original and the bottle is not even cheaply processed. In reality, it's more valuable than in pictures.
In terms of fragrance, it is really not a fragrance that everyone likes. If someone doesn't like the smell, I can understand it as well. It's already a polarizing brew, much like Invictus. In my opinion, Invictus is not a fragrance twin from the point of view of DNA, but the direction is the same. A lot of synthetic from the beginning to the end. It becomes more gentle in the further process.
It starts with a lot of bitter lemon paired with a strong spice. Ginger and cardamom. Although this tart lemon note covers most of it in the beginning. The top note really needs getting used to and many will already copy the fragrance now. As it progresses, it becomes gentler and slightly sweeter, with the sweetness remaining within limits. A cardamom tonka bean blend is coming through. Nothing unusual, but pleasant to wear. The Wanted DNA from the start remains, but becomes much softer. In addition, a slight vetiver note, which also does the creation good. In the end I find this Wanted much harsher than Invictus.
Altogether a modern but also very synthetic creation. But he hits the nerve of the bestseller lists. In many sales lists the numbers are really good. Here one would like to address quite clearly the young audience. What I appreciate about this creation is that it is light and easy to wear. I think the fragrance has something to do with that nice tart note. Perhaps not the best choice in everyday life, but leisure and nightlife can convince him, even if he is no longer so unique as a bestseller.
The performance is better than rated here. Sillage is good through and through and remains so for many hours. The shelf life is at least 8 hours, which is quite decent.

I'm not surprised that he doesn't arrive in a rather niche forum. In real life, however, it should go down very well, especially with younger people who prefer the stylish casual look. No milestone, but a carefree modern fragrance.

Lighthearted
Wanted begins intensely citric, but also aromatic - woody.

I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Circle dance" for the rehearsal.

The first thing you can perceive is an intense citrus note, which has a certain wake-up effect and is due to the Calabrian lemon.

At the same time, the lemon is surrounded by a fine aromatic and also woody note, which is responsible for the fact that the top note has a pleasant refreshing aura and comes from Nigerian ginger.

This constellation is perceptible on my skin for 15 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

Now a fine aromatic and discreetly spicy note can be perceived, which gives the heart note something "soft" and comes from Guatemala - cardamom.

At the same time, the cardamom is underlined by a light woody, very discreetly sweet - berry nuance reminiscent of juniper, which gives the heart note a certain carefree substance and is owed to the cade - wood.

The heart note is perceptible on my skin for 3 hours before the base asserts itself.

In the base there is a fine sweetish, tart, very subtle earthy note, which gives the fragrance something distinctive and is due to the Haitian vetiver.

At the same time, the base is pleasantly velvety, with a vanilla-like nuance that comes from the Brazilian tonka bean.

In total the fragrance lasts 6 hours on my skin.
The Sillage is designed from the beginning to be very well perceived at half an arm's length and this is maintained for 2.5 hours before it is reduced in leisurely steps until the fragrance finally fades away completely.

Invictus meets Eros
I tested Azarro Wanted and didn't really like iy. Smell wise it was to me the opening of Invictus with the mid of Versace Eros. It is heavily sweet on the base, something I don't find in traditional Invictus.

Performance was the real issue with this fragrance to me. I didn't get great projection nor longevity with Wanted to be quite honest. Wanted instead was a dud after about three hours worth of projection and dies off as a skin scent after seven hours tops.

Overall Azarro Wanted gets a 6.8 out of me. It does what Invcitus and Eros does but nowhere near as good. I rather get either or even both of those over Wanted.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
Wanted has a very nice presentation, good overall scent somewhat unique, agreeable, elegant, making a nice choice for daily wear and office!
MrHonestMrHonest 2 years ago
Sweet, synthetic musky fruits with that extra something that puts it above the Invictus smell-alikes IMO. A youthful head turner fo sho.

by Jeremy
by ElmARTEllus
by YKem
by YKem

Popular Azzaro

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Wanted by Night by Azzaro Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle Extrême by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Ginger Lover by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme L'Eau by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black / Azzaro pour Homme Onyx (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro