Wanted by Night 2018

Wanted by Night by Azzaro
Wanted by Night is a popular perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Intense (2011)

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamonCinnamon
Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesVirginia cedarVirginia cedar
FrankincenseFrankincense
CuminCumin
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco absoluteTobacco absolute
CypressCypress
CedarwoodCedarwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 14.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Norwegian model Nikolaï Danielsen.

Nighttime explosion
Fragrance Wanted by Night launched in 2018 is a delightful aroma of fragrant green, woody and warm spicy scented tones that will bring a stimulating, calming perfumed sensation. Looking closer once applied you'll notice a lingering quality of softer bitter, fruity and aromatic hints buried in deep and natural feelings. Longevity is great with at least 10 hours on the skin. Sillage is strong also and the bottle is shaped somewhat like a gun which is pretty cool. A great buy indeed

The seductive night
One of the fragrances that captivates me the most in the designer sector, seductive, nocturnal.
That sweet citrus output of the mandarin makes it a little different and blends wonderfully with the cinnamon, to make way for its heavier notes, notes very well assembled so that it remains easy to use, its powerful woods give it a dry point and warm.
If you are looking for a fragrance with a youthful air, but with a seductive and nocturnal touch, I think it is the best at those prices.
(My bottle is made by Clarins, I don't know if it has changed)

Eletus
Keep in your mind this weapon!
Everything has been talked about this fragrance and reached its hype by the community that is well deserved, also at least having tried it several times to launch a fair review. I like it because its notes are well blended and it's citrus top notes with cinnamon make it different because that's its top por for the first 5 to 10 minutes, from there it pushes tobacco with some vanilla in the background but the cinnamon stays firm, it also rounds a bubblegum type note making it at times playful maybe its stated fruity notes ? ? to then move to woods that mix with some incense with a shy smoke but feels good in the background, the resinous sweet touch of benzoin, all this without being cloying, already after several hours the woods remain (here as the note of ambroxan that is not declared but I know it has it, along with the note of iso e super play an important role because they emulate the woods) give it the fixation and longevity that so many mention, additionally patchouli, cypress add that masculine character. At times it reminds me of Versace Dylan Blue in its drydown making them like distant cousins for that nocturnal touch and of those blue bottle fragrances that exist by the bucketload with that characteristic.

Finally I do not see it exclusively at night, it's versatile because it can also be useful for daytime use by the citrus touch of tangerine peel? that haunt the top, also lends itself to social environments with friends in a relaxed evening of good chat, at work with few atomizations enough to not be intrusive and enjoy it, in PUB type environment the puffs you want to abate polluting odors (cigarette, liquor, etc), so overall a good fragrance that is worth having in the collection.

Ah yes!, less for sports use! here is slow death for everyone around and the one who uses it in that area.
My final verdict.
Aroma : 7,5 (because it reminds of other fragrances)
Longevity: 8
Projection: 8
Versatility : 8
Feminine Olfactory Perception : 9
Total : 8,1 / 10

Tiens!
5.5
Leprince069
Quite sexy and sweet - but too synthetic for me
The fragrance is really very sweet - it is more suitable for the evening in my opinion (by Night classifies that already quite well) and should come to my taste on dates or classic bar / club visits to use. It highlights a certain determination and willingness to flirt. Don't really find it outstanding though, despite great popularity among the masses. You can just do it. Somehow. But just not if you want to wear something special. For me, it fits very well into the category (!) Paco Rabanne One Million and Invictus - but comes along a bit more adult. Somehow the fragrance still tries to achieve something nobler, more upscale, but in my opinion it fails. The sweetness of the fragrance radiates too synthetic for me in the long run, like a chewing gum, which stews at 40 degrees on the asphalt. Please do not misunderstand, he is in itself quite okay. But there are stronger candidates for this category.
Surprisingly independent designer
For me personally the perfect fragrance for Christmas and especially Christmas markets. But of course you can wear it at other times of the year if you want to go out in the evening, for example. Only in the summer I can not recommend it at least on warmer evenings because he then quickly too sweet. Otherwise, it creates it but by its sweet but also spicy nature to stand out from the crowd of fragrances without being negatively noticeable. On the contrary: so far I have received only very positive feedback to the perfume.

The fragrance opens with a strong cinnamon note behind which is something sweet for me so far but not yet more precisely definable. Then it goes after a short time fluently in a sweet but also spicy and slightly smoky mixture, which I have not yet perceived in any other fragrance so. This mixture of tobacco and incense I personally perceive as very pleasant I can but a test before buying, as with almost all fragrances, highly recommended especially since in one or the other Review exactly this part of the perfume was criticized by other users.

The durability and sillage are on / of my skin above average good but with me interestingly also a Millesime Imperial of Creed holds a good 6 hours, although it may be there but also the batch. To come back to Wanted by Night: The fragrance can be calmly applied to go out without having to worry much about resprays.

Finally, I can only say that this fragrance is above average for a designer and I can definitely recommend a test.
4.5
Sweet gunslinger
Ordered blindly at Christmas and dazzled by the flacon design, Azzaro Wanted by Night could not convince me. The combination of cinnamon, tangerine and tobacco for me very unbalanced and somewhat disturbing. Even if it smells good at first impression so it was for me after a few hours quite a disturbing factor.

As mentioned above, I strongly perceive cinnamon, tangerine, tobacco and possibly incense. At the beginning a little fresher, the scent remains long actually pretty much unchanged. The fragrance is sweet- fruity (tangerine) -smoky for me. Although the sweetness is not too strong. Resembles Boss Bottled Intense a bit. The longevity is above average, so absolutely can't complain. The sillage also very good, for me a little too intense and penetrating indoors.

The perfect season for this fragrance is definitely autumn. For many also the best autumn designer fragrance at all. In winter and possibly in spring also still absolutely suitable. At high temperatures, however, inappropriate and very disturbing.
A real age there is I do not find. Can be worn by young to old. As a situation I imagine the wild west in winter. Probably also due to the flacon design. Django from the film "Django Unchained" would probably wear this very well. ;)

As a summary, an interesting fragrance with a very sophisticated flacon design. For me, however, unbalanced and disturbing after a certain time. I myself can not identify with Azzaro Wanted by Night.
Cinnamon Tobacco Christmas Punch
Since my environment has now noticed my addiction to fragrances, I get more and more fragrances for Christmas gifts. Fragrances are not cheap but at least no one has to think too much when choosing a gift.
This year, Azzaro Wanted By Night was one of them. I had heard a lot about this flanker and the standard Wanted I had sniffed years ago, so I wasn't too excited about the By Night version.
However, I was taught better, while namely Azzaro Wanted for me was only synthetic broth and thus a total loss, I find Wanted by night much more successful. He fulfills more than just its purpose as an autumn / winter fragrance.
The opening make here spicy cinnamon paired with a sweet tangerine. The further the fragrance progresses the spicier it becomes. Components like cumin and cedar come in. I particularly like the drydown, this smoky tobacco scent is just addictive, am generally a fan of tobacco scents. Others might be averse to it.
I find the cinnamon note here just so awesome and therefore it is also perfect for Christmas. Durability is also appropriate for a winter fragrance, with me he performs for hours continuously until he then still very present something moves into the background.
Finally, I can say that Azzaro has succeeded with Wanted By night a pleasant winter fragrance with a very decent performance, the comparisons to Spicebomb Extreme I understand but I think Spicebomb plays in a slightly higher league, because the composition is somewhat more complex and unique.
This reminds me by the fruity notes rather of the Stronger with you fragrances of Armani, which I actually also find quite okay.
The bottle, however, I find not too beautiful, a minimalist glass bottle with magnetic lid would have made much more
Cinnamon and tea
The fragrance opens very clearly with the strong cinnamon note. However, I also smell something else that reminds me of black tea with some camomile. The scent doesn't smell homely and has something strange. After the fragrance has settled down it smells to me something like a greenhouse. Musty plants and still something sweet By night? Not necessarily. It's not exactly a classic night out for me. But you really stand out from the crowd.
I don't really love that cinnamon and tea smell. The evaluation is purely subjective. Objectively it smells really high quality and special.
Head top, heart flop.
You shouldn't judge people by appearances. The same goes for buying new perfumes. Appearance is, of course, the top note, not the packaging or the bottle. Top notes sell the perfumes. The 0815 customer may buy 2-3 different fragrances in his life. It's mostly against him similar to buying socks - so he sprays on briefly and says yes or no. After a few samples he chooses one - done. But in most cases it is probably even worse: the wives choose the fragrances for him because "he has no idea anyway". Not so with us perfumos. All the worse that I had made one of the most common beginner's mistakes here. Judging scent by the top note. This happened to me last time with a gold bar many years ago
So then, let's take this cartridge drum in our hands - sprayed on quickly and the first impression is ... fantastic! While others directly classify the cinnamon tangerine as synthetic, I love it just as much as the red tangerine in a gold bar or the sweet pear in an ultramale. Yes I am totally into sweet fruity bombs! But just now - if I had informed myself about the other ingredients before! Or if I had given the fragrance at least a few hours on my skin. But no! The gentleman had to buy directly in a touch of euphoria.

Unfortunately, the great top note doesn't stay too long and then soon the heart notes appear, which I don't like on paper already. It's supposed to smell like incense and caraway but these notes "sting" me unpleasantly in my nose. But once again the question arises, who defines masculinity at all? The Youtuber? The youtuber women? The latter often praise gourmand sweet perfumes or gaudy metallic representatives like Sauvage or Bleu de Chanel as "male". Or - even worse for me - the alcohol-tobacco crackers "bouzy-scents". So it is obviously "masculine" to smell of alcohol and tobacco? Maybe it used to be. I'm a conservative guy but when it comes to fragrances I never really liked the so-called "typical men's scents". When I think of the Diors, I get sick.

The Wanted by Night is certainly not a representative of these typical men's fragrances. It is sweet, but unfortunately for me a bit too smoky in the drydown. Whether the tobacco in the base further intensifies the unpleasant incense or has a softening effect I cannot judge. The fact is that even the leftovers still smell smoky and unpleasant the next morning. Nevertheless, the drydown is still a bit better than with the original gold bar, which drifts into an indefinable chemical sweetness that stinks to me. Among the representatives of the "sweet bombers", only the Ultramale could completely inspire me so far. The classic La Nuit de L'Homme also has a fantastic drydown, but this fragrance is far less dominant in the top note. So I wouldn't call it a sweet bomb, which the Wanted by Night is actually not. As far as the sweet opening is concerned, I would classify it exactly between La Nuit de L'Homme and the gold bar.

Which sweet bangers besides the ultra-male remain sweet even in the drydown? A 1 Million with a lasting top note until the end without the chemically turgid would be a dream. I don't like smoky, pungent heart and base notes, especially not in perfumes that start off so wonderfully sweet and fruity! In the first few minutes, you get something played to you that soon changes too much. Here I simply prefer linear scents. Either sweet or smoky, but please not both. I don't eat Nutella with ketchup either. Another negative example for me is Aventus. It is still a mystery to me how you can even like it - and here it is celebrated as "Panty Dropper". I think it's more likely that a switch point in the synapses of the Creed disciples is dropping. The only great thing about it is the pineapple, but the tart doesn't work at all (oakmoss?).

So this so my comparisons with the Wanted by Night. If you like it as it is - with smoky drydown - you get a good scent. It looks very mature and is more suitable for men over 30 or even 40. Are these associations right for you? Clearly a fragrance for the autumn/winter, for the summer it would be too heavy.

What a pity, such a great top note, but the rest....naja. Good midfield without wow-effect.
Iocicredo
Positively surprised but still disappointed
I have watched so many videos that push this scent. I don't want to say wrongly the scent is good but is also rightly criticized. So I thought I'd come and buy it because it's in action. First time I sprayed it on and I wanted to freak out. Synthetic broth. Shortly afterwards it develops into a pleasant fragrance thanks to the woody notes and cinnamon. BUT when I wear it, it feels like an on-off relationship. How do I come up with it? The fragrance changes from synthetic to pleasant. I can't explain it but the DNA of the original is definitely a minus. Don't buy the scent blind and learn from my mistake. I keep it for the first time because I like the pleasant note. Durability and sillage are good, so the fragrance scores plus points with me. Flacon is much better than the original! The cap is not so difficult to open, which was extremely annoying for me with the original.
For the price I would prefer other fragrances

LukmoeLukmoe 2 months ago
I like this perfume very much. The cinnamon note is very present and you have to like it. The quality is also very good for the price.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 5 months ago
pretty unique and at the same time mass appealing. Its a combination of cinnamon + tobacco and a bubble gummy backbone from the OG wanted
LeroystanksLeroystanks 10 months ago
Citrus bubblegum blast in the opening, dry down smells like Dylan Blue.
Nik604Nik604 10 months ago
It is not an easy job to invent "manly masculine caramel sugar bomb" , they reach the space with this.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
When you add tobacco and cinnamon to the typical bubblegummy sweet-synthetic perfume for clubbing. The opening is nice with some freshness.
Arman038Arman038 2 years ago
A decent parfume for the colder days. The scent is good and it has a realy sillage and performance. I recommend this young adults
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I WANTED to wear this cinnamon and tobacco notes by day or BY NIGHT but heavier
I'll wait for a spicier, darker and gourmandish Wanted Noire
DPArtistDPArtist 3 years ago
Tested: The original DNA is there but despite being fruity-sweet & spicy there is a new darkness, AWBN is more grown up, great performance!

6 shots perfume loaded - full fragrance jacket
by Blackslash
by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH

Popular Azzaro

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Ginger Lover by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro Chrome Extrême by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro The Most Wanted by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle Extrême by Azzaro