Wanted by Night (2018)

Wanted by Night is a popular perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-spicy. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesRed cedar, Frankincense, Cumin
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco absolute, Cypress, Cedarwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.07.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Norwegian model Nikolaï Danielsen.

Adult sweet scent
Azzaro wanted by night is wonderfully tuned. He manages to create a sweet and at the same time mature looking well balanced scent.
I prefer to take it in the evening and to go out.
The durability and silage are very convincing.
Wanted by night is one of my favourites, which has often been very well received by others.
SchnüFFleRR
Scent inclusive terror warning...
Almost every year my friends and I go to Dublin for a men's holiday. So this year we had to come up with a fragrance that would survive every pub all day and of course women would love it. So it's clear I went with wanted by night. I arrived at the airport in a good mood and we went to the check-in. When I put my rucksack on the conveyor belt I did not suspect anything yet. When I had finished the obligatory felting, two officers with machine pistols were already running towards me. I had to stand against the wall and I wasn't allowed to move. More and more officials joined in. The lady at the X-ray machine apparently recognized a bullet casing in my perfume. I didn't even know what was going on. But after a test with explosives and a proper shock I was able to fly after all. As a little tip for the holidays. Maybe you'd rather pour into a nebulizer.
Small anecdote including a note for hand luggage.

To the fragrance:
I think the fragrance is very underrated. A great sweet, intoned cinnamon scent with a little tobacco and cedar wood with this azzarotypical note. Really one of my favourites for the winter or party nights. I am now already at the third bottle and this with a collection of about 50 fragrances. Durability and projection above average! Be sure to test it. It's not for the summer, though.

The better one million!

It once happened that, just for fun, in a perfumery, I sprayed various well-known clubbing scents on different parts of my body. Some of them I knew, some of them I did not. None of the perfumes convinced me, on the contrary...
But when I smelled it again at home, I found the drydown of a fragrance quite good, even very good. It was this Wanted by Night from Azzaro. Before I bought it, I tried it again, and yes, it was this drydown that somehow did it to me.

The tangerine-like opening of Wanted by Night clearly shows the DNA of Paco Rabanne's 1 million, first acclaimed, then condemned in bulk. Once this very strong, fruity-sweet opening has subsided, I think the fragrance is developing extremely positively. On the surface it still remains sweet and sour, but in addition a pleasant spiciness comes out. This mixture of cumin, tobacco and wood is simply great and lingers for a long time. This same drydown is completely different from the one of 1 million, which gave you a headache pretty quickly, as I found, because he saved the sticky sweetness from the opening
It has not escaped my notice that some commentators here dislike precisely this base of the Azzaro, but praise the head for it. For me it's clearly the other way around, which is why I'm not unhappy about the fact that the top notes give way to the heart and base quite quickly. Although I have to say the top note isn't so bad either. This one is also better than the one from Million, but I personally don't like these extremely sweet openings.

One more word about the bottle: the National Rifle Association has certainly made leaps of joy and poltical correctness certainly looks different. Well, at least it's better than the gold bar...
Seahawk12s
very sweet, but still well tuned
reminds me of caramel and cinnamon sweets, really quite sweet but still perfectly tuned. Flacon is anyway the hammer, durability clearly above average and an ideal fragrance for the cold days, would recommend it between November and February. Smells like a slightly stronger version of Armanis Stronger with you
DN1982
He could be from another house
Cool bottle that almost forces itself on you for a test. Well, I've done it and I'm going to tell you what Wanted's strong night version is like.

First of all he reminds me in his prelude a little of the long gone Elixir. Sweeter and more citrus-fruity, though, where the elixir came across as rather berry. I can say that after spraying on, the typical Azzaro DNA is present: loud, a little dirty and also soapy - you can tell which family he belongs to. Spicy, woody, smoky - in itself I could say i like. And it's not bad, really.

Since the first effect is slowly fading away, I have to say that this is a fragrance that I can get cheaper elsewhere - than Jesus del Pozo's Halloween!
Azzaro lacks the vanilla component (which is not so wrong) and the complexity of Halloween from the head to the base. What I noticed negatively at Halloween was that the quality of the opened bottle deteriorated after a good year, in the sense that the fragrance almost completely lost its head as well as its complexity, i.e. the top note was blown up, even if the fragrance had already evaporated to the base. Wanted by Night offers exactly what I just chalked up as a shortcoming for Halloween. It offers what Halloween brings as a superimposed commodity in new condition. Those who like sweet and spicy woody fragrances and don't know the direct comparison will probably like it. Only unfortunately I have the direct comparison and thus I would reach for the Spanish original.
Great cinnamon flanker
I bought this Wanted-Flanker about 2 months ago. Marvel at the first flanker of this bestseller. And then there's a really useful one. The original was often torn up here. I also have the original, even if only the small 50ml bottle. I think he has something uncomplicated, but often does not fit because he is too penetrating and rather synthetic. Type Invictus just now. Outside of perfumes he often scores. But I also understand the critics who don't like it, because it can have nerve potential.
When I saw this release 2018 here on Parfumo I was not very excited about the pyramid. Cypress, tobacco, incense and cumin? Anything but my favorite notes. Also cinnamon is often represented in my collection. Nevertheless I tested him on occasion in a department store last winter and he convinced me. I recently bought it for a very fair price. I wouldn't have bought it for the retail price.

The bottle is the same as the original, but the colour gradient and the drum are more beautiful and match the Night/Winter concept.
If you don't like the Wanted DNA of the original, you probably won't be happy with it either. Although he has been given a completely new look, this bestseller DNA has been preserved. Especially in the top note. The synthetics have been dimmed down and replaced with cinnamon-like sweet spices. I particularly like the top note. Beautiful cinnamon paired with a beautiful fruity tangerine note. I perceive the cinnamon over the entire course and it is complemented by many spicy notes. As I said: The notes of the pyramid are rather less my case, but I like them very well in combination with the cinnamon and harmonize very well together. In addition, there are woody notes that make the station wagon softer. I also like the cypress together with this cinnamon. Altogether a great creation, which convinces with great cinnamon and a strong sweet spice.
Performance is good. The fragrance type is considerably less penetrating than its original, but similarly good and strong in the sillage. Also the durability convinces with 8+ hours.

Night? Well wearable, but for me a great fragrance, which can also be worn well during the day. He has significantly more style and elegance than his original. For the nightlife and the special moments I miss the special. The really big wow effect is missing with me, but still a nice companion for cooler days.

All in all a successful flanker who has earned the high rating here

Blind buy
I heard so much abouth this fragrance. I watched reviews on it and ladys reaction and they where very good. I live in holland/Arnem and there you can't smell this in the parfume shops. So my curiosity was growing and growing. So finally I find a good deal online and I ordert my self a 50 ml bottle. At the day of arrival. I was nerves of it being a mistake and I was excited to smell it for the first time. So I sprayd it on my hand and I kept my hand far away because I want it to introduce it self. And than I smelld this unique sweet spicy sharp(in a good way) smell coming to my nose. Afther one minute I smeld my wrist close, and I was blown away I have never smelld something like this it is intoxicating and unique but at the same time mass apealing with a niche quality. It was love at first sniff and now I am regretting I haven't buyed an 150ml bottle.

Uniqueness: haven't smelt the original and this smels nothing like any fragrance I have ever smeld so for me a 9/10

Longjevedy: I got an compliment at the 11 hour mark so that is amazing and she was about 2 feed apart from me. So that is an 10/10

Sillage: it leaves a nice scent trail that is 3 feet long

Projection: be careful afther the 11 hour mark it was noticeable from 3 feet away

Blind buy wordy: for me helyea but I dont know if every one likes a scent like this.

Bottle: I like it but people says it is tacky and I know what they mean by that.

Conclusion: for me it is not abouth the bottle, for me it is in the juice, and the juice is strong long lasting ot smells good and I already have gotten a few compliments. And I enjoy smelling the fragrance for my self. Al en al I think this is the perfect signature scent for the right person and the person is handsome rough dont care abouth wat anyone has to think more say and loves attention from every kind of person on this earth, ore even on the moon. So if this strikes you please blindbuy it and let me know what you think.

Have a nice day and thanks for reading
Assent
I have to agree with the previous comments.

Fraqmental associates the fragrance with alcohol, cigars, leather jackets. I can see that.

DuftbarM finds the performance to be very strong. Here I agree.

Morpheus1 finds him very loud. So is he, oh yes.

Schani sees complimentary potential in the fragrance. I see that too.

Chevalier would recommend it for the summer and I can confirm that.

Here is a small scenario:
You were a little younger then. You went through town on a summer night. The scents could be a little louder, you want to be noticed. The cool shirt ironed, the sneakers were clean as never before. First off to the buddy and there maybe a cold beer before it starts, because it was so hot that day again. You missed the tram, but then you decided to just walk because the sun is shining and it's not so far away. A cigarette on the way actually also goes.

When you arrived you met your other friends, boys were greeted with a one-sided hug, for the girls there were kisses left and right. "Hey, the scent's really good. Did you buy it new?" By now everyone knew about your not so common hobby. White splashes were drunk, some drank beer, something lighter for the start. The second drink was then for most a gin tonic - perfect for the summer.

You were a little more impetuous back then, your buddy had another cigarette with him. They split up together and we went on to another bar. The main thing is to always have the possibility to stand outside, you shouldn't hide in the weather.

Already a little foggy you looked through the round and saw the beautiful faces of your friends laughing and just enjoying the evening. You smiled because you knew you'd remember evenings like this in a few years. But the friends stayed.

Maybe a few more drinks, maybe a little something to eat, maybe the story gets a romantic spin? But the next morning you were definitely a little done. Collecting a cold glass of water and yesterday's clothes, you smelled the shirt you were wearing. You can smell the cigarette smoke, of course, but behind it the smell of Azzaro. It lasts pretty long and still smells nice, you thought. Although it began so fruity, the base is now very smoky and sweet. But really great and smelled pretty good in combination with the cigarette smoke.

Conclusion:
I like a young scent that fits really well into the summer evenings. Price and performance are really good and you don't have to put on too much to get the right amount.
wicked night
this is my first scent of Azzaro, which I got after a rehearsal. It is a very warm and yet somewhat heavy fragrance, which I personally would only wear in the evening/night (as the name already reflects). I don't know the original "Wanted", it's supposed to be a little lighter, brighter but also more synthetic - the Wanted by Night probably attracted the masses more than its original colleague.

For me, there is a clear scenario for the wearer of Wanted by Night. You go out late in the evening, perhaps to a pub or a bar, there is a somewhat wicked atmosphere, you smell the rum & whiskey on ice at the bar, the already a bit grubby leather jacket and the rest of an annealing cigar in the ashtray of his strange next door. An alcoholic sweetness gets into your nose and makes the whole thing come across very playfully. This fragrance conveys self-confidence. I know what I want and I will get it tonight and I don't care what anyone else here thinks about me.

I get from the fragrance an actually above average durability and a relatively good Sillage & projection - 8 hours are loose in it. If you put on too much of it, it can get a bit annoying & intrusive, but for the above scenario this might not bother you at all.
Immediately after application you think of alcohol, sweet cinnamon & smoke, I would even dare to call it an extremely wicked version of a D&G The One.

I personally don't see Wanted by Night in many application scenarios, but for going out, clubbing, flirting, bar`s, pub`s etc. it is perfect and in my opinion difficult to beat.
Watch out in summer or at higher temperatures, because then it will be too much of a good thing.

For me it will have its fixed place in my collection, even if I will probably make do with a flacon for the rest of my life.

One whiff, and I WANTED it
This one has such a gorgeous, sweet (yet masculine) opening, its worth it right at the top note.... then it smoothly slides into that epic mid tone that only a man with true swagger can wear... an easy 8+ hour ride that fades into a seductive alpha goodbye. The longevity in projection is top notch (easily 4+ hours) as is the sillage trail, making it a marvelous performer.

Arman038Arman038 119 days ago
A decent parfume for the colder days. The scent is good and it has a realy sillage and performance. I recommend this young adults
KimJongKimJong 156 days ago
The clubbing version of La Nuit de L'Homme, or the gourmand version of Bentley for Men Intense. As sweet as Eros but darker and more mature.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 20 months ago
I WANTED to wear this cinnamon and tobacco notes by day or BY NIGHT but heavier
I'll wait for a spicier, darker and gourmandish Wanted Noire
DPArtistDPArtist 23 months ago
Tested: The original DNA is there but despite being fruity-sweet & spicy there is a new darkness, AWBN is more grown up, great performance!

6 shots perfume loaded - full fragrance jacket
Brandnew Wanted by Night - 2018
by Rake
by Rake

Popular Azzaro

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle Extrême by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme L'Eau by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black / Azzaro pour Homme Onyx (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (2008) by Azzaro