Wanted by Night 2018

Wanted by Night is a popular perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Intense (2011)

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesVirginia cedar, Frankincense, Cumin
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco absolute, Cypress, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is Norwegian model Nikolaï Danielsen.

Cinnamon and tea
The fragrance opens very clearly with the strong cinnamon note. However, I also smell something else that reminds me of black tea with some camomile. The scent doesn't smell homely and has something strange. After the fragrance has settled down it smells to me something like a greenhouse. Musty plants and still something sweet By night? Not necessarily. It's not exactly a classic night out for me. But you really stand out from the crowd.
I don't really love that cinnamon and tea smell. The evaluation is purely subjective. Objectively it smells really high quality and special.
Head top, heart flop.
You shouldn't judge people by appearances. The same goes for buying new perfumes. Appearance is, of course, the top note, not the packaging or the bottle. Top notes sell the perfumes. The 0815 customer may buy 2-3 different fragrances in his life. It's mostly against him similar to buying socks - so he sprays on briefly and says yes or no. After a few samples he chooses one - done. But in most cases it is probably even worse: the wives choose the fragrances for him because "he has no idea anyway". Not so with us perfumos. All the worse that I had made one of the most common beginner's mistakes here. Judging scent by the top note. This happened to me last time with a gold bar many years ago
So then, let's take this cartridge drum in our hands - sprayed on quickly and the first impression is ... fantastic! While others directly classify the cinnamon tangerine as synthetic, I love it just as much as the red tangerine in a gold bar or the sweet pear in an ultramale. Yes I am totally into sweet fruity bombs! But just now - if I had informed myself about the other ingredients before! Or if I had given the fragrance at least a few hours on my skin. But no! The gentleman had to buy directly in a touch of euphoria.

Unfortunately, the great top note doesn't stay too long and then soon the heart notes appear, which I don't like on paper already. It's supposed to smell like incense and caraway but these notes "sting" me unpleasantly in my nose. But once again the question arises, who defines masculinity at all? The Youtuber? The youtuber women? The latter often praise gourmand sweet perfumes or gaudy metallic representatives like Sauvage or Bleu de Chanel as "male". Or - even worse for me - the alcohol-tobacco crackers "bouzy-scents". So it is obviously "masculine" to smell of alcohol and tobacco? Maybe it used to be. I'm a conservative guy but when it comes to fragrances I never really liked the so-called "typical men's scents". When I think of the Diors, I get sick.

The Wanted by Night is certainly not a representative of these typical men's fragrances. It is sweet, but unfortunately for me a bit too smoky in the drydown. Whether the tobacco in the base further intensifies the unpleasant incense or has a softening effect I cannot judge. The fact is that even the leftovers still smell smoky and unpleasant the next morning. Nevertheless, the drydown is still a bit better than with the original gold bar, which drifts into an indefinable chemical sweetness that stinks to me. Among the representatives of the "sweet bombers", only the Ultramale could completely inspire me so far. The classic La Nuit de L'Homme also has a fantastic drydown, but this fragrance is far less dominant in the top note. So I wouldn't call it a sweet bomb, which the Wanted by Night is actually not. As far as the sweet opening is concerned, I would classify it exactly between La Nuit de L'Homme and the gold bar.

Which sweet bangers besides the ultra-male remain sweet even in the drydown? A 1 Million with a lasting top note until the end without the chemically turgid would be a dream. I don't like smoky, pungent heart and base notes, especially not in perfumes that start off so wonderfully sweet and fruity! In the first few minutes, you get something played to you that soon changes too much. Here I simply prefer linear scents. Either sweet or smoky, but please not both. I don't eat Nutella with ketchup either. Another negative example for me is Aventus. It is still a mystery to me how you can even like it - and here it is celebrated as "Panty Dropper". I think it's more likely that a switch point in the synapses of the Creed disciples is dropping. The only great thing about it is the pineapple, but the tart doesn't work at all (oakmoss?).

So this so my comparisons with the Wanted by Night. If you like it as it is - with smoky drydown - you get a good scent. It looks very mature and is more suitable for men over 30 or even 40. Are these associations right for you? Clearly a fragrance for the autumn/winter, for the summer it would be too heavy.

What a pity, such a great top note, but the rest....naja. Good midfield without wow-effect.
Iocicredo
Positively surprised but still disappointed
I have watched so many videos that push this scent. I don't want to say wrongly the scent is good but is also rightly criticized. So I thought I'd come and buy it because it's in action. First time I sprayed it on and I wanted to freak out. Synthetic broth. Shortly afterwards it develops into a pleasant fragrance thanks to the woody notes and cinnamon. BUT when I wear it, it feels like an on-off relationship. How do I come up with it? The fragrance changes from synthetic to pleasant. I can't explain it but the DNA of the original is definitely a minus. Don't buy the scent blind and learn from my mistake. I keep it for the first time because I like the pleasant note. Durability and sillage are good, so the fragrance scores plus points with me. Flacon is much better than the original! The cap is not so difficult to open, which was extremely annoying for me with the original.
For the price I would prefer other fragrances
Adult sweet scent
Azzaro wanted by night is wonderfully tuned. He manages to create a sweet and at the same time mature looking well balanced scent.
I prefer to take it in the evening and to go out.
The durability and silage are very convincing.
Wanted by night is one of my favourites, which has often been very well received by others.
SchnüFFleRR
Scent inclusive terror warning...
Almost every year my friends and I go to Dublin for a men's holiday. So this year we had to come up with a fragrance that would survive every pub all day and of course women would love it. So it's clear I went with wanted by night. I arrived at the airport in a good mood and we went to the check-in. When I put my rucksack on the conveyor belt I did not suspect anything yet. When I had finished the obligatory felting, two officers with machine pistols were already running towards me. I had to stand against the wall and I wasn't allowed to move. More and more officials joined in. The lady at the X-ray machine apparently recognized a bullet casing in my perfume. I didn't even know what was going on. But after a test with explosives and a proper shock I was able to fly after all. As a little tip for the holidays. Maybe you'd rather pour into a nebulizer.
Small anecdote including a note for hand luggage.

To the fragrance:
I think the fragrance is very underrated. A great sweet, intoned cinnamon scent with a little tobacco and cedar wood with this azzarotypical note. Really one of my favourites for the winter or party nights. I am now already at the third bottle and this with a collection of about 50 fragrances. Durability and projection above average! Be sure to test it. It's not for the summer, though.

The better one million!

It once happened that, just for fun, in a perfumery, I sprayed various well-known clubbing scents on different parts of my body. Some of them I knew, some of them I did not. None of the perfumes convinced me, on the contrary...
But when I smelled it again at home, I found the drydown of a fragrance quite good, even very good. It was this Wanted by Night from Azzaro. Before I bought it, I tried it again, and yes, it was this drydown that somehow did it to me.

The tangerine-like opening of Wanted by Night clearly shows the DNA of Paco Rabanne's 1 million, first acclaimed, then condemned in bulk. Once this very strong, fruity-sweet opening has subsided, I think the fragrance is developing extremely positively. On the surface it still remains sweet and sour, but in addition a pleasant spiciness comes out. This mixture of cumin, tobacco and wood is simply great and lingers for a long time. This same drydown is completely different from the one of 1 million, which gave you a headache pretty quickly, as I found, because he saved the sticky sweetness from the opening
It has not escaped my notice that some commentators here dislike precisely this base of the Azzaro, but praise the head for it. For me it's clearly the other way around, which is why I'm not unhappy about the fact that the top notes give way to the heart and base quite quickly. Although I have to say the top note isn't so bad either. This one is also better than the one from Million, but I personally don't like these extremely sweet openings.

One more word about the bottle: the National Rifle Association has certainly made leaps of joy and poltical correctness certainly looks different. Well, at least it's better than the gold bar...
Seahawk12s
very sweet, but still well tuned
reminds me of caramel and cinnamon sweets, really quite sweet but still perfectly tuned. Flacon is anyway the hammer, durability clearly above average and an ideal fragrance for the cold days, would recommend it between November and February. Smells like a slightly stronger version of Armanis Stronger with you
DN1982
He could be from another house
Cool bottle that almost forces itself on you for a test. Well, I've done it and I'm going to tell you what Wanted's strong night version is like.

First of all he reminds me in his prelude a little of the long gone Elixir. Sweeter and more citrus-fruity, though, where the elixir came across as rather berry. I can say that after spraying on, the typical Azzaro DNA is present: loud, a little dirty and also soapy - you can tell which family he belongs to. Spicy, woody, smoky - in itself I could say i like. And it's not bad, really.

Since the first effect is slowly fading away, I have to say that this is a fragrance that I can get cheaper elsewhere - than Jesus del Pozo's Halloween!
Azzaro lacks the vanilla component (which is not so wrong) and the complexity of Halloween from the head to the base. What I noticed negatively at Halloween was that the quality of the opened bottle deteriorated after a good year, in the sense that the fragrance almost completely lost its head as well as its complexity, i.e. the top note was blown up, even if the fragrance had already evaporated to the base. Wanted by Night offers exactly what I just chalked up as a shortcoming for Halloween. It offers what Halloween brings as a superimposed commodity in new condition. Those who like sweet and spicy woody fragrances and don't know the direct comparison will probably like it. Only unfortunately I have the direct comparison and thus I would reach for the Spanish original.
Great cinnamon flanker
I bought this Wanted-Flanker about 2 months ago. Marvel at the first flanker of this bestseller. And then there's a really useful one. The original was often torn up here. I also have the original, even if only the small 50ml bottle. I think he has something uncomplicated, but often does not fit because he is too penetrating and rather synthetic. Type Invictus just now. Outside of perfumes he often scores. But I also understand the critics who don't like it, because it can have nerve potential.
When I saw this release 2018 here on Parfumo I was not very excited about the pyramid. Cypress, tobacco, incense and cumin? Anything but my favorite notes. Also cinnamon is often represented in my collection. Nevertheless I tested him on occasion in a department store last winter and he convinced me. I recently bought it for a very fair price. I wouldn't have bought it for the retail price.

The bottle is the same as the original, but the colour gradient and the drum are more beautiful and match the Night/Winter concept.
If you don't like the Wanted DNA of the original, you probably won't be happy with it either. Although he has been given a completely new look, this bestseller DNA has been preserved. Especially in the top note. The synthetics have been dimmed down and replaced with cinnamon-like sweet spices. I particularly like the top note. Beautiful cinnamon paired with a beautiful fruity tangerine note. I perceive the cinnamon over the entire course and it is complemented by many spicy notes. As I said: The notes of the pyramid are rather less my case, but I like them very well in combination with the cinnamon and harmonize very well together. In addition, there are woody notes that make the station wagon softer. I also like the cypress together with this cinnamon. Altogether a great creation, which convinces with great cinnamon and a strong sweet spice.
Performance is good. The fragrance type is considerably less penetrating than its original, but similarly good and strong in the sillage. Also the durability convinces with 8+ hours.

Night? Well wearable, but for me a great fragrance, which can also be worn well during the day. He has significantly more style and elegance than his original. For the nightlife and the special moments I miss the special. The really big wow effect is missing with me, but still a nice companion for cooler days.

All in all a successful flanker who has earned the high rating here

Blind buy
I heard so much abouth this fragrance. I watched reviews on it and ladys reaction and they where very good. I live in holland/Arnem and there you can't smell this in the parfume shops. So my curiosity was growing and growing. So finally I find a good deal online and I ordert my self a 50 ml bottle. At the day of arrival. I was nerves of it being a mistake and I was excited to smell it for the first time. So I sprayd it on my hand and I kept my hand far away because I want it to introduce it self. And than I smelld this unique sweet spicy sharp(in a good way) smell coming to my nose. Afther one minute I smeld my wrist close, and I was blown away I have never smelld something like this it is intoxicating and unique but at the same time mass apealing with a niche quality. It was love at first sniff and now I am regretting I haven't buyed an 150ml bottle.

Uniqueness: haven't smelt the original and this smels nothing like any fragrance I have ever smeld so for me a 9/10

Longjevedy: I got an compliment at the 11 hour mark so that is amazing and she was about 2 feed apart from me. So that is an 10/10

Sillage: it leaves a nice scent trail that is 3 feet long

Projection: be careful afther the 11 hour mark it was noticeable from 3 feet away

Blind buy wordy: for me helyea but I dont know if every one likes a scent like this.

Bottle: I like it but people says it is tacky and I know what they mean by that.

Conclusion: for me it is not abouth the bottle, for me it is in the juice, and the juice is strong long lasting ot smells good and I already have gotten a few compliments. And I enjoy smelling the fragrance for my self. Al en al I think this is the perfect signature scent for the right person and the person is handsome rough dont care abouth wat anyone has to think more say and loves attention from every kind of person on this earth, ore even on the moon. So if this strikes you please blindbuy it and let me know what you think.

Have a nice day and thanks for reading

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
When you add tobacco and cinnamon to the typical bubblegummy sweet-synthetic perfume for clubbing. The opening is nice with some freshness.
Arman038Arman038 8 months ago
A decent parfume for the colder days. The scent is good and it has a realy sillage and performance. I recommend this young adults
KimJongKimJong 10 months ago
The clubbing version of La Nuit de L'Homme, or the gourmand version of Bentley for Men Intense. As sweet as Eros but darker and more mature.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
I WANTED to wear this cinnamon and tobacco notes by day or BY NIGHT but heavier
I'll wait for a spicier, darker and gourmandish Wanted Noire
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
Tested: The original DNA is there but despite being fruity-sweet & spicy there is a new darkness, AWBN is more grown up, great performance!

6 shots perfume loaded - full fragrance jacket
Brandnew Wanted by Night - 2018
by Rake
by Rake

Popular Azzaro

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle Extrême by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Ginger Lover by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme L'Eau by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Silver Black / Azzaro pour Homme Onyx (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Extrême by Azzaro