Wanted by Night 2018

Wanted by Night by Azzaro
Wanted by Night is a popular perfume by Azzaro for men and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by L'Oréal. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Intense (2011)

Top Notes Top NotesCinnamon, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesVirginia cedar, Frankincense, Cumin
Base Notes Base NotesTobacco absolute, Cypress, Cedarwood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 06.05.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is Norwegian model Nikolaï Danielsen.

Azzaro wanted by night EDP
This is disgusting to me. Nauseating and obnoxious. It smells like a generic chav scent. I really hate this bubblegum sickly sweet dna. It's very close to paco robanne one million. It is ridiculously common and over sweet mess. Only good thing is it is super strong. Hangs around like a bad smell. Literally.
4.5
Sweet gunslinger
Ordered blindly at Christmas and dazzled by the flacon design, Azzaro Wanted by Night could not convince me. The combination of cinnamon, tangerine and tobacco for me very unbalanced and somewhat disturbing. Even if it smells good at first impression so it was for me after a few hours quite a disturbing factor.

As mentioned above, I strongly perceive cinnamon, tangerine, tobacco and possibly incense. At the beginning a little fresher, the scent remains long actually pretty much unchanged. The fragrance is sweet- fruity (tangerine) -smoky for me. Although the sweetness is not too strong. Resembles Boss Bottled Intense a bit. The longevity is above average, so absolutely can't complain. The sillage also very good, for me a little too intense and penetrating indoors.

The perfect season for this fragrance is definitely autumn. For many also the best autumn designer fragrance at all. In winter and possibly in spring also still absolutely suitable. At high temperatures, however, inappropriate and very disturbing.
A real age there is I do not find. Can be worn by young to old. As a situation I imagine the wild west in winter. Probably also due to the flacon design. Django from the film "Django Unchained" would probably wear this very well. ;)

As a summary, an interesting fragrance with a very sophisticated flacon design. For me, however, unbalanced and disturbing after a certain time. I myself can not identify with Azzaro Wanted by Night.
Cinnamon Tobacco Christmas Punch
Since my environment has now noticed my addiction to fragrances, I get more and more fragrances for Christmas gifts. Fragrances are not cheap but at least no one has to think too much when choosing a gift.
This year, Azzaro Wanted By Night was one of them. I had heard a lot about this flanker and the standard Wanted I had sniffed years ago, so I wasn't too excited about the By Night version.
However, I was taught better, while namely Azzaro Wanted for me was only synthetic broth and thus a total loss, I find Wanted by night much more successful. He fulfills more than just its purpose as an autumn / winter fragrance.
The opening make here spicy cinnamon paired with a sweet tangerine. The further the fragrance progresses the spicier it becomes. Components like cumin and cedar come in. I particularly like the drydown, this smoky tobacco scent is just addictive, am generally a fan of tobacco scents. Others might be averse to it.
I find the cinnamon note here just so awesome and therefore it is also perfect for Christmas. Durability is also appropriate for a winter fragrance, with me he performs for hours continuously until he then still very present something moves into the background.
Finally, I can say that Azzaro has succeeded with Wanted By night a pleasant winter fragrance with a very decent performance, the comparisons to Spicebomb Extreme I understand but I think Spicebomb plays in a slightly higher league, because the composition is somewhat more complex and unique.
This reminds me by the fruity notes rather of the Stronger with you fragrances of Armani, which I actually also find quite okay.
The bottle, however, I find not too beautiful, a minimalist glass bottle with magnetic lid would have made much more
Cinnamon and tea
The fragrance opens very clearly with the strong cinnamon note. However, I also smell something else that reminds me of black tea with some camomile. The scent doesn't smell homely and has something strange. After the fragrance has settled down it smells to me something like a greenhouse. Musty plants and still something sweet By night? Not necessarily. It's not exactly a classic night out for me. But you really stand out from the crowd.
I don't really love that cinnamon and tea smell. The evaluation is purely subjective. Objectively it smells really high quality and special.
Head top, heart flop.
You shouldn't judge people by appearances. The same goes for buying new perfumes. Appearance is, of course, the top note, not the packaging or the bottle. Top notes sell the perfumes. The 0815 customer may buy 2-3 different fragrances in his life. It's mostly against him similar to buying socks - so he sprays on briefly and says yes or no. After a few samples he chooses one - done. But in most cases it is probably even worse: the wives choose the fragrances for him because "he has no idea anyway". Not so with us perfumos. All the worse that I had made one of the most common beginner's mistakes here. Judging scent by the top note. This happened to me last time with a gold bar many years ago
So then, let's take this cartridge drum in our hands - sprayed on quickly and the first impression is ... fantastic! While others directly classify the cinnamon tangerine as synthetic, I love it just as much as the red tangerine in a gold bar or the sweet pear in an ultramale. Yes I am totally into sweet fruity bombs! But just now - if I had informed myself about the other ingredients before! Or if I had given the fragrance at least a few hours on my skin. But no! The gentleman had to buy directly in a touch of euphoria.

Unfortunately, the great top note doesn't stay too long and then soon the heart notes appear, which I don't like on paper already. It's supposed to smell like incense and caraway but these notes "sting" me unpleasantly in my nose. But once again the question arises, who defines masculinity at all? The Youtuber? The youtuber women? The latter often praise gourmand sweet perfumes or gaudy metallic representatives like Sauvage or Bleu de Chanel as "male". Or - even worse for me - the alcohol-tobacco crackers "bouzy-scents". So it is obviously "masculine" to smell of alcohol and tobacco? Maybe it used to be. I'm a conservative guy but when it comes to fragrances I never really liked the so-called "typical men's scents". When I think of the Diors, I get sick.

The Wanted by Night is certainly not a representative of these typical men's fragrances. It is sweet, but unfortunately for me a bit too smoky in the drydown. Whether the tobacco in the base further intensifies the unpleasant incense or has a softening effect I cannot judge. The fact is that even the leftovers still smell smoky and unpleasant the next morning. Nevertheless, the drydown is still a bit better than with the original gold bar, which drifts into an indefinable chemical sweetness that stinks to me. Among the representatives of the "sweet bombers", only the Ultramale could completely inspire me so far. The classic La Nuit de L'Homme also has a fantastic drydown, but this fragrance is far less dominant in the top note. So I wouldn't call it a sweet bomb, which the Wanted by Night is actually not. As far as the sweet opening is concerned, I would classify it exactly between La Nuit de L'Homme and the gold bar.

Which sweet bangers besides the ultra-male remain sweet even in the drydown? A 1 Million with a lasting top note until the end without the chemically turgid would be a dream. I don't like smoky, pungent heart and base notes, especially not in perfumes that start off so wonderfully sweet and fruity! In the first few minutes, you get something played to you that soon changes too much. Here I simply prefer linear scents. Either sweet or smoky, but please not both. I don't eat Nutella with ketchup either. Another negative example for me is Aventus. It is still a mystery to me how you can even like it - and here it is celebrated as "Panty Dropper". I think it's more likely that a switch point in the synapses of the Creed disciples is dropping. The only great thing about it is the pineapple, but the tart doesn't work at all (oakmoss?).

So this so my comparisons with the Wanted by Night. If you like it as it is - with smoky drydown - you get a good scent. It looks very mature and is more suitable for men over 30 or even 40. Are these associations right for you? Clearly a fragrance for the autumn/winter, for the summer it would be too heavy.

What a pity, such a great top note, but the rest....naja. Good midfield without wow-effect.
Iocicredo
Positively surprised but still disappointed
I have watched so many videos that push this scent. I don't want to say wrongly the scent is good but is also rightly criticized. So I thought I'd come and buy it because it's in action. First time I sprayed it on and I wanted to freak out. Synthetic broth. Shortly afterwards it develops into a pleasant fragrance thanks to the woody notes and cinnamon. BUT when I wear it, it feels like an on-off relationship. How do I come up with it? The fragrance changes from synthetic to pleasant. I can't explain it but the DNA of the original is definitely a minus. Don't buy the scent blind and learn from my mistake. I keep it for the first time because I like the pleasant note. Durability and sillage are good, so the fragrance scores plus points with me. Flacon is much better than the original! The cap is not so difficult to open, which was extremely annoying for me with the original.
For the price I would prefer other fragrances
Adult sweet scent
Azzaro wanted by night is wonderfully tuned. He manages to create a sweet and at the same time mature looking well balanced scent.
I prefer to take it in the evening and to go out.
The durability and silage are very convincing.
Wanted by night is one of my favourites, which has often been very well received by others.
SchnüFFleRR
Scent inclusive terror warning...
Almost every year my friends and I go to Dublin for a men's holiday. So this year we had to come up with a fragrance that would survive every pub all day and of course women would love it. So it's clear I went with wanted by night. I arrived at the airport in a good mood and we went to the check-in. When I put my rucksack on the conveyor belt I did not suspect anything yet. When I had finished the obligatory felting, two officers with machine pistols were already running towards me. I had to stand against the wall and I wasn't allowed to move. More and more officials joined in. The lady at the X-ray machine apparently recognized a bullet casing in my perfume. I didn't even know what was going on. But after a test with explosives and a proper shock I was able to fly after all. As a little tip for the holidays. Maybe you'd rather pour into a nebulizer.
Small anecdote including a note for hand luggage.

To the fragrance:
I think the fragrance is very underrated. A great sweet, intoned cinnamon scent with a little tobacco and cedar wood with this azzarotypical note. Really one of my favourites for the winter or party nights. I am now already at the third bottle and this with a collection of about 50 fragrances. Durability and projection above average! Be sure to test it. It's not for the summer, though.

The better one million!

It once happened that, just for fun, in a perfumery, I sprayed various well-known clubbing scents on different parts of my body. Some of them I knew, some of them I did not. None of the perfumes convinced me, on the contrary...
But when I smelled it again at home, I found the drydown of a fragrance quite good, even very good. It was this Wanted by Night from Azzaro. Before I bought it, I tried it again, and yes, it was this drydown that somehow did it to me.

The tangerine-like opening of Wanted by Night clearly shows the DNA of Paco Rabanne's 1 million, first acclaimed, then condemned in bulk. Once this very strong, fruity-sweet opening has subsided, I think the fragrance is developing extremely positively. On the surface it still remains sweet and sour, but in addition a pleasant spiciness comes out. This mixture of cumin, tobacco and wood is simply great and lingers for a long time. This same drydown is completely different from the one of 1 million, which gave you a headache pretty quickly, as I found, because he saved the sticky sweetness from the opening
It has not escaped my notice that some commentators here dislike precisely this base of the Azzaro, but praise the head for it. For me it's clearly the other way around, which is why I'm not unhappy about the fact that the top notes give way to the heart and base quite quickly. Although I have to say the top note isn't so bad either. This one is also better than the one from Million, but I personally don't like these extremely sweet openings.

One more word about the bottle: the National Rifle Association has certainly made leaps of joy and poltical correctness certainly looks different. Well, at least it's better than the gold bar...
Seahawk12s
very sweet, but still well tuned
reminds me of caramel and cinnamon sweets, really quite sweet but still perfectly tuned. Flacon is anyway the hammer, durability clearly above average and an ideal fragrance for the cold days, would recommend it between November and February. Smells like a slightly stronger version of Armanis Stronger with you

Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 days ago
pretty unique and at the same time mass appealing. Its a combination of cinnamon + tobacco and a bubble gummy backbone from the OG wanted
LeroystanksLeroystanks 4 months ago
Citrus bubblegum blast in the opening, dry down smells like Dylan Blue.
Nik604Nik604 4 months ago
It is not an easy job to invent "manly masculine caramel sugar bomb" , they reach the space with this.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
When you add tobacco and cinnamon to the typical bubblegummy sweet-synthetic perfume for clubbing. The opening is nice with some freshness.
Arman038Arman038 1 year ago
A decent parfume for the colder days. The scent is good and it has a realy sillage and performance. I recommend this young adults
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
I WANTED to wear this cinnamon and tobacco notes by day or BY NIGHT but heavier
I'll wait for a spicier, darker and gourmandish Wanted Noire
DPArtistDPArtist 3 years ago
Tested: The original DNA is there but despite being fruity-sweet & spicy there is a new darkness, AWBN is more grown up, great performance!

6 shots perfume loaded - full fragrance jacket
by Blackslash
by DeVitoHH
by DeVitoHH

Popular Azzaro

Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Visit for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Acteur (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Intense by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Amber Fever by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (Eau de Toilette Intense) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme (After Shave Lotion) by Azzaro Eau Belle (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Oh la la (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle (Eau de Parfum) by Azzaro Chrome Aqua by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Ginger Lover by Azzaro Chrome Sport by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Elixir by Azzaro Chrome (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Chrome Extrême by Azzaro Azzaro Couture (1975) / Azzaro (Eau de Toilette) by Azzaro Azzaro pour Elle Extrême by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme Edition Noire by Azzaro Azzaro pour Homme L'Eau by Azzaro