Badgley Mischka (2006) Eau de Parfum

Version from 2006
Badgley Mischka (2006) (Eau de Parfum) by Badgley Mischka
Badgley Mischka (2006) (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Badgley Mischka for women and was released in 2006. The scent is fruity-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Richard Herpin

Top Notes Top NotesChinese cassia, Peach, Red berries
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Osmanthus, Peony
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Caramel, Musk, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 09.09.2018

Gag reflex full strength
I have tested Badgley Mishka repeatedly, I really tried to love this one. This is the high fructose corn syrup of perfumes: tooth achingly sweet and one dimensional, redolent of car sickness on a sticky hot day while being swept out into an explosive slide of molasses.

I know this is obviously a chemistry mismatch, nothing else could bring out such a viceral reaction, but holy geez, but what an unforgiving vomitous potion this is!
jtd
Tipsy
My liking Badgley Mishcka is akin to the person who hates all white florals loving Fracas. I don’t have anything against the notion of the fruity floral per se, but I’d never smelled one that I liked (at all) until Badgley Mischka. It proves that if a thing’s worth doing, it’s worth overdoing. The fruits are fermented, the florals don’t show their innocence, just their decay. The patchouli is a sweet undertone to the sloppy drunk feel of the beginning, but you know when it’s great? Put it on, start to sweat a bit, and the patchouli combining with the hootch makes you seem like a bit of a hippy lush. People think this stuff is ‘old-Hollywood’ soigné? Really? I find it much more blatantly queer than the mock-normalcy (and its mirror image, feral ambition) that I associate with old-Hollywood.

I think the key is the part with the fewest spoken lines: the florals. If there’s jasmine here, all I get is the indole. If there’s peony, it’s that ammonia-smelling angle of peonies just starting to turn. If these floral bits were any stronger, Badgeley Mischka’s first words to you would be bad breath. As it stands, they’re more the, “Hello! Darling!” kiss-kiss greeting of a fabulous friend meeting you at the door as you arrive just late to his cocktail party.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Sky
Grown up fruity frag - golden, glowing & quite possibly pissed
I once came back from holiday to find my fruit bowl had turned my kitchen into Badgley Mischka.

It was obvious that the fruits had painted their nails, got drunk, partied & mingled with each other & then collapsed in a boozy heap on the table, their golden juices oozing out of their porous terracotta container. Naughty!

Next to them I noted my virginal, white blooms has wilted... their dank, green stems slightly rotten, sharp & tinged with a pond-water note. The fruits had obviously corrupted them, poor dears.

The kitchen had that warm, honeyed, sharp-&-sour decay note that only over-ripe fruit can create....not unpleasant & worth quite a few repeat sniffs, but nil by mouth. I left the room a little queasy - high sugars and ethylene threatening to cause a headache.

Now I own Badgley Mischka I can confirm that it is a grown-up fruity scent that may be appreciated by non-froooty lovers. It is like finding a PhD in a beauty pageant - what a pleasant suprise! Pretty AND clever! BUT don't expect the depth, class, sillage or longevity of a niche chypre and enjoy it for what it is: a template for what fruity scents should be like.

One fruity gal with a bit of experience and bite. Not at all sexy & quite possibly a bit irritating until you get to know & love her...Mischka is strictly no cuddling. She can battle in the boardroom & collects diamonds like ex-husbands. She owns an acerbic wit honed by one-too-many brandies, has a twinkle in her eye & laughs like a drain. Intoxicating.

* the rich body lotion is one of the best I have tried - a toned down version of the scent which can be worn alone or layered *
Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
Go all in!
The parfum is over-the-top, and the lotion is among the best I've tried. If you really want to experience Badgley Mischka, the parfum and lotion are the only way to go.

GO ALL IN!
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Fruits drowning in rum
I usually detest anything too fruity, especially in strong doses, however Badgley Mischka is glorious.

Whenever I think of this fragrance, as strange as it may sound, I think of a fruit salad gone wild, drowning in boozy rum and gorging itself on caramel toffees. The scent is thick and heavy like golden syrup drizzling off a wooden spoon.

The more I smell this, the more addicted I become. The scent is very rich yet classy at the same time. It doesn't smell cheap or pre-pubescent like some syrupy and fruity scents tend to be.

It reminds me a little of Miss Dior Cherie, just without the overly sweetened strawberry wine note and all the girly nonsense. What I love about Badgley Mischka is that it doesn't attempt to be pretty, it wants to make a statement, and that it does, boldly and proudly.

If subtle scents are your thing, I'd probably skip trying this, however if you're like me and love the scents that often make people gag or sneeze, go right ahead and douse yourself in this. This is one fruity fragrance that I desire in copious amounts.

I'm so glad to see Tania Sanchez giving this fragrance five stars in her book, 'Perfumes: The Guide', and I must agree that learning to love this fragrance takes time and a lot of patience. After a few wears, I almost guarantee you'll be hooked.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 6.0/10
Mission Civilisatrice
A *masterpiece*? BADGLEY MISCHKA?

Clearly I'm missing something. Sure it smells nice enough, but there's no no cause for olfactory ecstasy in this genteel ANGEL derivative. (Isn't that actually a contradiction in terms?) To my nose, this composition is a essentially a weak solution of the ANGEL base with some stewed peaches (no extra sugar added, thankfully) thrown into the mix. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that BADGLEY MISCHKA might have been one of the Angel of Stars, "Angel La Pêche,” well, except that it is way too weak, so they'd have to bottle the extrait as the edp (which is in any case what Thierry Mugler appears to have done with all of the ANGEL namesake flankers—that's why a lifetime supply can be found in those apparently small .8oz bottles!).

I disagree with the categorization of BADGLEY MISCHKA as a fruity chypre. When I think “fruity chypre,” I think YVRESSE or DECI DELA or FEMME ROCHAS or MITSOUKO or BRYANT PARK. Patchouli alone does not a chypre make, IMNSHO. In my perfume book, chypre is an honorific term denoting a texture and depth entirely absent from BADGLEY MISCHKA.

Nor is BADGLEY MISCHKA a fruity-floral perfume, as Luca Turin's wife maintains—she claims in her review of FLEURS DE NUIT that BADGLEY MISCHKA “unexpectedly perfected the much-maligned fruity-floral genre.” Say what? Since when is patchouli a flower? Clearly the authors of The Holey[sic] Book are banking—and I mean that, I really do—on the fact that most of their readers are utter ignoramuses. But I digress...

Although the opening of BADGLEY MISCHKA is an attention grabber, it is short-lived, ceding nearly immediately to a polite, very light oriental with middling longevity. Because it has been the object of a serious “mission civilisatrice,” BADGLEY MISCHKA will not remind many of ANGEL, I realize. Perhaps aesthetically it would be better compared to FERRE edp, except that the latter is a much more beautiful perfume, with a unique and distinctive identity, rather than being simply another distant relative to a famous perfume. (okay, it is related to IRIS POUDRE, by the same perfumer, but it's still unique...). In FERRE edp, fruit is skillfully deployed to complement iris. In BADGLEY MISCHKA, the fruit is just trying to break through, even to be discernible amidst the dominant, albeit dilute, ANGELesque base.

Happily, the bottle really is a work of art.
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 9.0/10
mistaken wonderfully
When choosing the smells I was warned since I don't like sweet smells.
As a challenge for me he was sent along.

Yes, he is sweetly BUT at the same time fruity, creamy so that no unpleasant feeling arises.

The fruit little basket swings over into the spice chest.
Osmanthus smells, I am not aware of the cinnamon. The sweet smell has no more chance at all now.
How does it go on?

I don't smell the caramel - I am not angry therefore. I like to eat him. But I wouldn't like to nibble at my skin.

And they are again. My heart companions.

Head, heart and base note is coordinated excellently.
Beginning and middle join together with the warm, soften, easily dark end of this wonderful scent.

Who would have thought that I would like Badgley Mischka?
Not I.
He enriches my list of the wishes.
Thank Guusje!

• by Sherapop by Sherapop
  • by Sherapop by Sherapop
  • by Gwiazdka72 by Gwiazdka72

Popular Badgley Mischka

Badgley Mischka (2006) (Eau de Parfum) by Badgley Mischka Fleurs de Nuit by Badgley Mischka Couture by Badgley Mischka Badgley Mischka (2018) by Badgley Mischka