Couture by Badgley Mischka
Couture is a popular perfume by Badgley Mischka for women and was released in 2009. The scent is fruity-floral. The production was apparently discontinued.

Caroline Sabas

Top Notes Top NotesPear nectar, Blackberry, Plum
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Jasmine, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesMusk, Patchouli, Black vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.07.2019.

Awesomeness
Stripped down version of the original
Yes, it's true. Couture is a stripped down version of the original Badgley Mischka. It's not as fruity as the original and it's more creamy, with quite of bit of patchouli up front, a bit of musk as it dries, and a smokiness from top to bottom. The white florals are discernible but not as full-throttle as the Les Fleurs version.

I adore the original, despise the Les Fleurs version, and like Couture. The bottom-line is that Couture is a patchouli-rich scent which is devoid of clutter and perfectly acceptable as an everyday scent for patch-lovers. I dropped a whole $7 on a 7ml parfum mini, then immediately purchased a 15ml of parfum gel for twice that. I'm not sure that I need more quantity, but Couture definitely has a purpose in my wardrobe. I have tried the EdP and have to say the parfum version is much better.

Couture is a non-sugar, non-hippie patchouli that can be worn to the office. I definitely recommended Couture for sampling, and I'd say that patch-lovers can confidently blind purchase a mini.

Bland in comparison to Badgley Mischka
Okay, so I really liked the original Badgley Mischka with its bold, syrupy fruits. I thought, a couture version of Badgley Mischka should surely be just as rich, perhaps more elegant and ten times better, right? Hmm, not so.

Badgely Mischka Couture is a much blander fruity composition, with berries and watery pear leading in the opening. It's not as unique and rich as the original Badgley Mischka which comes as the first disappointment.

The floral heart comes across to my nose as being rather soapy. After sometime it develops into a sugary gardenia and an earthy and musky patchouli blend which was a little difficult for me to stomach.

As long as you apply this fragrance sparingly and don't smell up too close, Badgley Mischka Couture is passable. Unfortunately it smells sour on my skin, causing me to dislike this fragrance even more.

Towards the drydown it starts to turn, resembling something like a can of pears in syrup, complete with the alluminium can smell. Can't say I'm particularly rapt with anything in the composition itself. It all seems a jumbled, fruity mess.

I love the bottle design, I think it so very elegant and upscale. It's rather unfortunate that the scent doesn't match its outer packaging.

Truly a Flanker
What happens when you remove the peach from BADGLEY MISCHKA? You get the base, which appears to have been bottled straight up, with the addition only of a dash of pear, as BADGLEY MISCHKA COUTURE. This composition reminds me a bit of Grès CABARET, which showcases a somewhat sweaty muskiness, in complete consistency with its name. I myself have never really understood what people mean when they use the locution “transparent rose,” to be perfectly frank. But perhaps there is “transparent” gardenia, violet, and jasmine in BADGLEY MISCHKA COUTURE as well—in precisely the sense in which the Emperor's New Clothes are “transparent”.

My overall impression is that BM COUTURE was a quick and cheap flanker. Same bottle (dipped in a low-quality gold paint with poor adhesion), same composition minus the top notes plus a touch of pear. As one who never managed to comprehend the effusive outpouring of admiration and even gratitude for what appears in some select cases to have been an eschatological delivery of sorts occasioned by the sniffing of BADGLEY MISCHKA, I cannot muster up much enthusiasm for this flanker either. I don't really think that BM COUTURE is any worse than its namesake, but it's also not really any better.

by Sherapop
by Sherapop
by Gwiazdka72
by Gwiazdka72

Popular Badgley Mischka

Badgley Mischka (2006) (Eau de Parfum) by Badgley Mischka Fleurs de Nuit by Badgley Mischka