Ambré 2007Eau de Toilette

Ambré (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini
Ambré (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Baldessarini for men and was released in 2007. The scent is woody-spicy. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz. Pronunciation

Firmenich

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange, Red apple, Whisky
Heart Notes Heart NotesLeather, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Oak wood, Labdanum

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 26.09.2020.

Transition Coat
... ...is pretty much the first association I can think of with this fragrance. Granted... while I'm writing this, I'm still wondering if this headliner does justice to the actual class of this fragrance I'm thinking... would I consider such a term for a more expensive fragrance from a supposedly more renowned house, or would I not be able to rest easy and would I possibly brood until I found a term that reads "smarter"?!
I suspect almost yes... one always succumbs a little to the impression of a product, which subconsciously creeps in through external influence.
In the case of perfume, this ranges from myths and legends about the respective fragrance houses, to a pretended exclusivity, to exorbitant prices that one ideally only wants to justify to oneself, or sometimes even has to.
Chapeau to those who can consistently free themselves from it. A matter not to be underestimated.

Ambré... a more or less light green lower 7 here has a hard time.
A few years ago, when I smelled it for the first time, I liked it immediately, but it was forgotten by return of post.
You read a lot about other scents here... more blingbling here, better performance there, and more or less disillusioned, they rummaged through various bottlings and samples of the supposedly better, more sublime fragrances (-bubbles) and not seldom found more appearance than reality.
Recently, the summer was already on the dry ground of the home stretch and people started to think about the coming season. The sample fell into my hands and although I had ignored it for so long I knew ... it will be good!
The small filling was put into the sports bag and after physical training and sauna session were checked off, it was sprayed generously.
The very same evening the decision was made quite quickly that I had to buy the fragrance. I knew that it would be a comparatively inexpensive undertaking, but when I threw the 30ML into the shopping cart for a cheeky round about 12 Euros, something like indignation rose in me.
Metaphorically speaking, I had the desire to stand in front of the fragrance and to defend it, and unasked whomever I had to defend it, with the remark that ambergris is easily worth three times as much and I would be willing to pay that price.
Since I am however then nevertheless also no saint, I threw him nevertheless with the most favorable offerer into the Warenkorb and drove with a head shower cloth (super thing with longer hair!) the Warenkorb scarcely over the 20 euro border, in order to come straight around forwarding expenses. A fox must do what a fox must do ...

This fragrance has the potential to become my daily driver in autumn. Sentences that one likes to write in this context. The truth is of course that rarely a fragrance is used on more than 2 consecutive days.
But if this happens weekly, we are at the weekly driver.

An aromatic flatterer that can be worn at any time of day. More understatement than a screamer.
Top note good, the brisk base even better.
Apple, normally not my thing (pitiful look in the direction of the PDM), softly cushioned by a moderate sweetness that robs the fruit of its scratchiness.
The fact that the alcoholic note only draws a thin frame may be noted favourably.
Also pleasing ... not necessarily usual in the price range, is from the heart also the clearly perceptible leather note and the violet, which I use in small doses, appreciated by me.
With increasing wearing time it is then difficult to smell the individual components. But that doesn't matter at all, because the scent impression remains pleasing until the quiet end.

An underestimated men's fragrance with a valuable aura, which would like to be sprayed after lunch and requires a certain sovereignty.
Whether this is reached in the middle of 20 or 10 years later must be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Still thinking about changing the headliner, but I leave it now and try to convince myself that I can justify this with authenticity

Rquill67
Sweet Amber and Powder...
If you're looking for a sweet amber then this is not the fragrance for you. I blind bought this fragrance based upon reviews here on Fragrantica.com as well as reviews from a few frag heads I follow on YouTube. The opening is sharp, astringent, soapy, and a bit powdery, and not in a good way. That said it's not a linear scent, so as it starts to dry down the sharpness settles down into a fruity amber with hints of leather. This is still a little too powdery on the dry-down for me. For the price-point on Fragrancebuy.ca, it's a pretty good fragrance. I definitely like the dry-down and recommend purchasing if you like fruity / amber scents.
SvenScent
A fragrance the man needs!
Received as a sample in 2008, hung up, got addicted, bought a bottle and has not been put down since.

If there is one fragrance that is typically "masculine" for me, it is this one! Well balanced mix of leather, boozyness and smoke with a very light citrus touch. Those who like "Bentley for Men Intense" will also like Ambré. They are reminiscent of each other, with the big difference that the Bentley emphasizes alcohol, whereas the Ambré emphasizes smoky leather And unfortunately the Baldessarini is far less durable than the Bentley. But that's the only thing I find fault with this perfume.
3lbows
Leave Schorsch alone for a minute.
Let's call Ambré Schorsch now.
Leave poor Schorsch alone! But hello! What he has to listen to. He's too cute, caramel-like, spunk-bottled. Nothing for young, nothing for old, nothing for whisky lovers, nothing for leather whales. Schorsch is lukewarm, musty and unspecial. Schorsch doesn't care whether he smells appropriate and/or interesting. Schorsch is cheap. Schorsch is synthetic. Retire him and his porters! Bah!
Then who's Schorsch for? For me! I randomly tested it during my vacation in Croatia, and after I got a taste of it again this year I ordered it. And what shall I tell you? I really like it. Bisserl fruit with cheap whisky is already there. Yeah, okay, even the Boss relationship can't be denied. But there's also a powderiness that runs through the entire fragrance, that gives him such a friendly, undistanced character and at the same time a spiciness (rosemary? thyme? no: leather + violet) that somehow mediterates him for me.
Schorsch is likeable, homey, for me also somehow associated with wanderlust. Schorsch therefore goes all year round, doesn't smell like Grandpa's sugar cubes with Klosterfrau Melissengeist (Bentley Intense), or as sour as his constantly drunk neighbour (Burberry London).
Schorsch is still boozy, and for me the first choice, even far ahead of CH Men Prive. Sweet, but that's - for me - good. And Schorsch holds out, even though nobody likes him. Just the two of us, we are and we will stay, I think too, friends.
By the way, Schorsch didn't want to kick any of you on the tie.
Those who find their commi here in the opening lines will feel that they have been noticed, quoted and next time give Schorsch a chance with a laughing eye.
My first love
It was a long time ago when I first got to know this scent. I was about 13, 14 years old and my big brother had had a bottle of this perfume. As a teenager I used this fragrance on dates with my first love. This fragrance had inspired me so much at the time that I simply could not forget it. My girlfriend at the time liked him so much. The first compliments came, the first memories were coupled with this fragrance. Long years after that, I found him again. I was in a perfumery testing one fragrance or another. Then I found him. I sprayed it on my skin, closed my eyes & suddenly all the memories of that time came through my mind like a short film. There he was. My long-awaited accompanies my puberty. Ambré Baldessarini! In its full splendour as then. He opened the doors to the world of perfume for me. The scent that will never be forgotten

~ Whiskey & Cider ~
~ This scent is best worn watching the fall leaves change colors with a glass of whiskey spiked apple cider in hand from your front deck. While inside the aroma of sweet sugar cookies bake and the smokey cinders from a fireplace linger in the air you would have the image that Ambre evokes. Very masculine and warm she will want to nuzzle closely on those cool autumn days with Ambre's gentlemanly sillage in the air and cozy amber on your neck.
Kind Regards, Plat ~

Headache in a bottle.
First I want to say I have never been a fan of amber, but I wanted to try a Baldessarini fragrance, and Ambré was the only one available on the website where I shop. Plus, it features an apple note, which I like. My first impression is it smells like some kind of cola. Not unpleasant, but definitely cola-scented. Apple-amber cola. If it weren’t for the apple and mandarin orange top notes, and possibly the violet middle note, it wouldn’t appeal to me at all. I can see why people like Ambré, but it really isn’t my type of fragrance. Strong amber scents give me a headache. The apple note is nice, but for me, Ambré is a headache in a bottle.

RomadyRomady 12 months ago
4.5
No...no...no...
Too sweet, too much.
It gives me a headache.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 13 months ago
More an ambery leather than a leathery amber. Boozy, manly and balsamic. It's different enough from the oud version for me to like both.

by TomDuft
by Somebody
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Baldessarini

Baldessarini (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Baldessarini Strictly Private (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Ultimate (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Baldessarini (Eau de Cologne) by Baldessarini Del Mar Seychelles Edition by Baldessarini Ambré Oud by Baldessarini Baldessarini Black by Baldessarini Del Mar (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Cool Force Sport by Baldessarini Secret Mission (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Nautic Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Cool Force (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Del Mar Marbella Edition by Baldessarini Private Affairs (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Del Mar Caribbean Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Ambré Eau Fraîche by Baldessarini Signature by Baldessarini