Ultimate (2015) Eau de Toilette

Ultimate (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini

Ultimate (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Baldessarini for men and was released in 2015. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by Mäurer & Wirtz.

Geza Schön

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin, Peruvian pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Magnolia, Freesia
Base Notes Base NotesPatchouli, Frankincense, Labdanum, Amber, Leather

Submitted by Michael, last update on 28.08.2019

Where there is much light, there is strong shadow. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
A fragrance that performs a little better here than the otherwise rather poor Baldessarinis? There you can be curious about the ultimate light shape.

The prelude can be described as really successful, the citric with the peppery is very pleasant.
Here the ladies and gentlemen of Mäurer&Wirtz were probably really fascinated when the fragrance artist Geza the Beautiful Prelude offered them.
Only after that, unfortunately, there is not much more to come, the note gets lost in a too dominant stinging pepperiness which is absolutely not to my liking.
There was no idea how to mix the pepper even better with another note.
Some wrote that it had been a commissioned work by Mr. Schön, others suspected that not much passion had flowed from him into the fragrance.
I find unfortunately no smell of this Mr. Schön correctly top and suppose, better simply did not go.
However, for me not the best fragrance from Baldessarini, there is the cologne which is much more pleasant, with the disadvantage of a cologne which is already gone after an hour.
This Ultimate lasts 4-6 hours until you reach the end of the ingredients.
A resemblance to Terre d`hermes is however presumptuous, there is perhaps something of Marc Jacobs Bang to be seen because of the pepper.
To recognize incense somewhere else is only a wish.
What you notice is the patchouli which ends the exit.

Unfortunately I can't share the many positive reviews, but I will soon test the Secret Mission in a normal mission and hope it comes a little better than this one.

For me, Haus Mäurer&Wirtz is an exciting company with a lot of light, but due to the lack of courage and innovation in the new products of the Baldessarini line, there are unfortunately also a lot of shadows.
This dark section could probably be illuminated by really good perfumers who have already launched very respectable products in the lower segment for many houses.
7.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

Very nice scent
The scent was enclosed as a sample of an order. At first I was disappointed because there seemed to be almost no liquid in the sample packs. Afterwards I knew why: felt 2 drops have also produced over many hours (even after 3 hours still for me) clearly perceptible fragrance.

My wife, who was somewhat critical of fragrances in general, immediately said: "It smells delicious."

I would describe the fragrance as spicy / woody / slightly sweet (not unpleasant).

Conclusion: I ordered the eau de toilette right away and am delighted about a pleasant, elegant fragrance that is completely different from what I have had in my cupboard so far.
6.0 6.0 6.0 6.5/10

Extremely dominant, but cuddly
First you can perceive an intense invigorating spicy note, which brings something inspiring to the scent and is to be owed to the Peruvian pepper
At the same time the pepper is accompanied by a strong citric note, which also brings with it a light herbaceousness and in my opinion ensures that the scent is literally lifted up into the air and comes from the bergamot.

In the background there is a subtle sweetish fruity nuance, which sets a fine accent and seems to me like a slightly greenish tangerine skin, giving the top note something pleasantly bitter.

This constellation is to be perceived for 20 minutes on my skin before the heart note unfolds.

The pepper is a little dimmed in the heart note, but still very clearly perceptible and combines with a floral, very discreetly lovely note, which appears extremely dominant male on my skin and can be described as quite conspicuous and comes from jasmine.

These two notes are accompanied by a delicate floral, slightly woody nuance, which ensures that the dominance of the fragrance is slightly softened and owed to freesia.

A fine, discreet creamy nuance is completely present in the background, which gives the fragrance something cuddly and I typed on iris instead of magnolia.

The heart note is noticeable on my skin for 3 hours before the base prevails.

In the base an intense resinous note is to be perceived, which also brings along very fine and discreet citric features and comes from incense.

The soft smoke fuses with a strong masculine, angular and soft note, which for me smells of smooth black and freshly tanned leather that the patchouli breathes all earthy and provides a pleasant finish.

Unfortunately I could not see Labdanum and Amber, but I can imagine very well that these two components were used for unpainting.

Ultimate is a pleasant companion in the spring, autumn and winter months for men over 40 who are looking for an invigorating, spicy, fruity, greenish, floral, flowery, woody, creamy, resinous, leathery and earthy fragrance to give their male aura a cuddly dominance.

The scent holds 6 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is conceived from the beginning in such a way that one is noticed very well at a half arm length and this is maintained also 2.5 hours in such a way, before it reduces itself in calm steps, until the smell finally completely fades away
I would like to express my sincere thanks for the bottling of our "Honk1510" perfume.
7.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Recently in the niche
So I don't know how to get over to Richie's and ask him,
if he'll lend me the rind.
I'm like, "Well, that's supposed to be awesome, a nihilistic mix of "Decamerone"
and "In Search of Lost Time"! "
Only Richie didn't give a shit.
"Anachronistic and zero own idea. As stupid as it sounds,
it's the same. Take it, you can read it from me
inna ton give!"
So I grabbed that thing and wanted to go again,
but Richie's got something to say.
"You smell like a fucked-up half-Ahipster again,
i hope you didn't buy the broth!"
"Not yet. But it could happen."
"Why did you spray a plörre on your rind like that?"
What are you gonna do when Richie's on it like that? But I knew what.
"Shut up. It's from the Geza Beautiful!"
"Fine. Nice and stupid."
"Shut up!"
"Come closer..."
"Actually reluctant..."
"O.K., hmmm... not totally horny, something smoky next to...
uh... so pepper fruit mud..."
"You were quick again, weren't you?"
"and... there's also some latent incense..."
"Horny idea, the station wagon, isn't it? Ma'honest...?"
"Hmmm... and some kind of hippie flair crawls me in the nostrils..."
"Are you crazy how destructive this is?" "
"You're easy to get..."
"Smell my arm..."
"If I have to... Ey, epic... Labdanum ultrasound...
but pretty cool with the other stuff."
"Notice how that jumps around? Seriously funny-seriously funny..."
"Seriously who?"
"Stop it!"
"Let me still... That's right! Horny... and so woody leather,
with, uh... expired nougat truffles?"
"And the pepper fruit fiddles around, too..."
"More like liqueur! And - there is still something in between..."
"Magnolia, jasmine..."
"Would normally make no sense. But it does..."
"So: fresh, sweet, bitter, liqueurish, smoky. Bang, everything on the twelve."
"Still looks clear in the head... nothing destructured -
more of a grossly ironic over-structure number..."
"For my sake! The Geza halt..."
"Anyway, niche. What's that stuff called?"
"I won't say it!"
"Simmer jetzt' inner puberty again?"
Of course I don't want Richie's laughing fit.
"Got my reasons..."
"Then give me back the rind right away..."
"All right... i'll tell you..."
"I hear..."
"Well, it's called... um... Ultimate Ulti...
"Really? Ulti-Ulti?"
"Nope... Ultimatum! That's the word!"
"Aha! Not bad. So it's a concept name."
"Well, sort of..."
"So what now?"
"No, it's actually in real... Ultimate uh... Mate."
"Ulti Made? Strange..."
"Yeah, Richie. Very strange..."
"Should we get it before the bags get the ref...
(fades out slowly...)
8.0 6.0 7.0 8.5/10

Darkbeat
An updated and urbanite classic aroma
It has been a blind purchase, which has turned out really well, I had not even heard of it, until a few days ago, when I found it, by chance, at a very good price, and I did not let it escape. I've been wearing it these days, and it really is a perfume that I love, and I had not even noticed it, luckily the designs of destiny came together to put it in my way.

It starts with a classic scent of barbershop, orange and fresh, with a slight spicy touch, which is gorgeous, and I'm not a lover of this type of aromas, and yet I've loved it. This output is very frugal, and in a matter of seconds, a floral note with an incensed, really pretty and elegant sensation is added to the aroma. Little by little, the bottom begins to take on more body, feeling a very light leather with earthy nuances of patchouli and an incense aura and sweet of vertigo. In general, have taken a sober and classic aroma and have given a twist, to make it more current, urban and casual, without abandoning, that distinguished, refined and elegant touch.

The performance is moderate, reaching 6 hours, more or less, on skin, with a wake, at all times, moderate, nothing spectacular, but just to be noticed.

Aroma of cold and temperate climates and to dress, equally, both day and night, and although during the day in summer, I do not see it, for a cool summer night, it could be a very good option.

A classic perfume adapted to the new times, with a very urban vibe, perfect for office environments, or for any occasion where an air of formality with informal dress is required.

All those who love the classic aromas with barber accent, should try it, and with the price that it has now, it is a more than remarkable perfume. I got it for about 18€ 90ml, which I'm more than satisfied with my blind purchase. Perfume highly recommended.

Sorry for my bad english.
7.0 6.0 7.0 7.0/10

Mature
This Baldessarini in fact is not so ultimate, but it's a solid release. Mature Boss spin-off gave us a mature fragrance. Hard leather and patchouli with gentle touch of magnolia, amber and resins. A little bit old school, just what today designer perfumery needed, yet Geza Schoen gave his own contemporary twist. I can imagine a hypothetical situation of using this composition by Dior's quality of raw materials. What Suavage this could have been.

Rating: 7/10
8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Hitchslap
Bitter, spice and lite leather.
Definitely over 30 years of age type of scent, for some reason I'm thinking more bitter orange than Mandarin.

It starts off rather rough around the edges, bitter/spicey so that might throw off some new wearers of this scent.

It projects and lasts well into the next morning. This whole morning I've been sniffing the sweater I wore yesterday with Ultimate, it gives the impression of a Fahrenheit-like petroleum aroma.

Easily falls into the evening, fall/winter categories.

"You-can-do-it!"
It didn’t take much effort to accomplish that, but finally here’s the first decent offering from Baldessarini since their early Baldessarini Eau de Cologne. Ultimate doesn’t really scream quality, but it’s very (thus, surprisingly) nice, surely more than enough for the brand and the market positioning, no snobbery intended. It’s modern, almost slightly “avantgarde”, and could very easily fit in contemporary fashion lines like Comme des Garçons. Actually it smells like something they could have made, and that would have even been better than some of their offerings.

Anyway basically Ultimate is a sharp, quite fresh, intentionally (I guess) heavily synthetic sort of metallic-crisp woody-peppery fragrance with some nondescript yet fairly pleasant “juicy-floral” feel and some peculiar, sharp herbal-metallic nuances. It’s like a mix of Comme des Garçons 2 Man, Rochas Aquaman or Lanvin Oxygene, and any fresh citrus fragrance. It’s a contemporary “ transparent woody-peppery” scent with fresh herbal-citrus and slightly fruity tones. And some sort of watery-aquatic feel – not ozonic, I really mean “watery”. It then evolves on basically the same path, just becoming a bit warmer with amber, olibanum (Iso E Super, basically) and leather (sort of, an unperceivable thin whiff of suede) unfolding their velvet touch over the initial tangy pepper-green head notes. And so remains for some hours, aseptically warm yet breezy and pleasantly classy, quite “youthful” and even sort of hipster-ish despite the marketing claim you read on the box (“Separates the men from the boys” – seriously?).

So, that’s it. A totally decent, even interestingly multifaceted modern designer with a “niche-avantgarde” feel (so again, basically something à la Comme des Garçons). Which is a very positive sign from Baldessarini – they could have kept going on with that Del Mar and Private Affairs cheap garbage, while they decided to do this. It isn’t a masterpiece, but it’s still on a whole different level if compared to any other offering by this brand, except as I said, the first Baldessarini cologne. It has some sense, it has a definite personality, and the quality seems very respectable. Nothing you can’t skip safely, but it’s very fine. Surely worthy a sniff for me.

6,5-7/10

Popular Baldessarini

Ambré (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Baldessarini (Eau de Cologne) by Baldessarini Ultimate (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Strictly Private (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Secret Mission (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Del Mar (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Nautic Spirit (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Del Mar Seychelles Edition by Baldessarini Baldessarini (Eau de Cologne Concentrée) by Baldessarini Private Affairs (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Cool Force (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Del Mar Marbella Edition by Baldessarini Ambré Oud by Baldessarini Cool Force Sport by Baldessarini Del Mar Caribbean Edition (Eau de Toilette) by Baldessarini Baldessarini Black by Baldessarini Baldessarini (After Shave Lotion) by Baldessarini Ultimate (After Shave Lotion) by Baldessarini Del Mar (After Shave) by Baldessarini Private Affairs (After Shave Lotion) by Baldessarini