B. Balenciaga (2014)

B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga

B. Balenciaga is a perfume by Balenciaga for women and was released in 2014. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Coty.

Top Notes Top NotesLily-of-the-valley, Violet leaf, Soy bean
Heart Notes Heart NotesCedar, Iris
Base Notes Base NotesAmbrette seed, Cashmere wood

Submitted by Michael, last update on 10.06.2019

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.5/10

Peas!? Soya Bean!?
Soya bean (or peas, as I have seen this notes-listed elsewhere)!? That's at least original!

What prompted me to appoint this my olfactory panoply for the day is a combination of the fact that I found it quickly as I was searching for something, and a combination of the fact that I have just been reviewing a fragrance that someone else found to have poor sillage & longevity whereas I did not find so, and the fact that I have tried ^this^ one before and found it to have poor score in those qualities, whereas others do not so find.

This was one of my first ventures into °light° fragrances. I had thitherto always gone for the heavy ones - those being they that make the greatest initial impact in the retail environment; but some research, and curiosity as to what all those others were °about° that didn't seem to°do° much eventually swayed me unto actually starting giving them at try-out.

It wasn't very successful at first, and I ^longed^ for my heavy stonking fragrances. Just how unsuccessful it was was revealed to me in my inspection of just how much this bottle had gone down through my previous assay: I thought to myself "I really used ^that^ much!". I must have been ^seriously^ stonking of it on that occasion!?

Another one that this reminds me of is ~Decadence~ by Mark Jacobs. In fact, they are like two peas in a pod! (someone said to me recently that she & I are like that - I do believe with goodwill. (Schrödinger's Cat!)). That one doesn't have pea or soya bean essence in it, but both are green+amber type fragrances, and also light - or at least what I would call that. Some say they are quite heavy, actually, which again raises the matter of the capriciosity of the olfactory faculty.

I'm getting a strong °green° enthusion from this one even as I speak; and indeed it was that that attracted me to it in this case: I particularly like the way green is rendered in this fragrance - I think it's done with a certain ^style^. It also has a certain sweetness inwhich it resembles ~Sine Die~ (a latin legal term - nothing to do with dying (Laurent Mazzone fragrances are sometimes named ^very^ strangely - ~Cicatrices~, for instance (!!))); but that one is much sweeter than this one. Also, the ambrette musk is clearly apparent in it by virtue of my having become familiar with Calvin Klein's ~Beauty~, which I now adore, and also which I think might °layer with this extremely well.

This fragrance, and the others I have mentioned in connection with it, being what I have just a little earlier called ~green+amber~ fragrances, are that by virtue of their being essentially a fusing of a green note with an ambry or musky note, or a musky-ambry one. This seems to me to be a difficult perfumery fusion to well-accomplish, the two kinds of note tending to fight each other to a considerable extent, to my mind; but in this fragrance, and in the others I have mentioned - and ~Nomade~ by Chloé is also an outstanding instance of it - this perfumery °high-wire act° is executed with consummate slicity.

by Jingle
by Jingle
by pudelbonzo
by pudelbonzo

Popular Balenciaga

Florabotanica by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga L'Essence by Balenciaga Rosabotanica by Balenciaga Le Dix (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Cristobal by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga Ho Hang (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Rumba (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Michelle (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau de Parfum) by Balenciaga Cristobal pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga Skin by Balenciaga Balenciaga pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga L'Eau Rose by Balenciaga Quadrille (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Portos (Eau de Cologne) by Balenciaga Cialenga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Prélude (Parfum de Toilette) by Balenciaga Ho Hang Club (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga