Balenciaga Paris (2010)

Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga
Bottle Design: Nicolas Ghesquiere
Balenciaga Paris (Balenciaga)

Balenciaga Paris is a popular perfume by Balenciaga for women and was released in 2010. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by Coty.

Olivier Polge

Bergamot, Oakmoss, Carnation, Spices, Labdanum, Patchouli, Pepper, Violet, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by Kittycat, last update on 15.02.2019

JPG classique says hello - spider I, or my skin?
Thanks to a generous parfuma I got a little sample in my bag.
I was recommended Balenciaga Paris in my creamy cool groomed fragrance search posting.
My skin chemistry is a nasty brat, because the fragrance will be nursed with patience and benevolence at some point in the future. Otherwise: zero green, herbaceous, elegant, but he reminds of the bubbelgum marshmallow wumms powderiness of Jean Paul Gaultier classiqie.
What component is that, does jmd?
The scent remains warm and almost pompous, the silage is much too bulky for me, it smells a bit tasty and fruity and makes me in such a good mood as the rainbow ice in summer, until then headaches are produced.
I sniff again at my arm: With much will I smell in far distance and imagination the breath of Parisian powder elegance... but is constantly pushed away by the chewing gum note.
I wonder why many things on my skin are so sweetly intrusive again and again.
Until I find the new scent that I really want to wear on me, will probably pass some time..
Balenciaga, what a shame, but we won't be a dream team:-/
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 9.5/10
Paris at dawn
In the early dawn, when the shadows of the night have not really faded yet and the world keeps its foggy veil for a while, Paris is most enchanted. Steamed by the twilight, enveloped by a fresh, comforting scent of freedom - the day can bring everything it promises. A young woman scurries out of an entrance, clatters her heels on the street, just barely you can see her pale pink dress and the brunette hair tips disappear behind a street corner. The flower stands of the Marché aux Fleurs are quickly set up, the day may come.
All this is summed up in this fragrance in a beautiful, harmonious and elegant way. It is as lovely as the flowers of the magnificent bouquets on the market, but also as fresh as the water and its stems. As powdery as Paris´ Street dust and as clear as the sun that slowly rises above the Seine.
Since many years my absolute favourite and signature fragrance, which will stay with me forever!
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 9.0/10
Violet Chypre
I didn't think I liked violets until I smelled Paris. Probably because, but for musk, this fragrance has the classic chypre accord, which I like a lot (citrus-labdanum-oakmoss-musk). The carnation/violet note is appealing and pronounced. Cedar and patchouli do the dank grounding. This fragrance does somehow remind me of Paris in the spring, of strolling through the Tuileries or the Auguste Rodin museum garden, the passing French women smelling as good as the flowers, except slightly funkier (if you know Paris, you know what I mean). This is a sophisticated rather than a gaudy scent. For gaudy go to Florabotanica (for me, a definite immediate buy). Paris is a likely buy. For different reasons, I love them both.
Bottle 7.5/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Powdered Violets
Such few notes and among them carnation (a note that can be a big no-no on my skin) yet "Balenciaga Paris" is a powdery violet dream with a patchouli infused base (if the patchouli sounds daunting don't fear, it’s a very chic patchouli and it is hiding under the violet) that is extremely feminine and elegant. The cedar note adds character and the carnation is very well behaved. To my nose there is something ‘fresh’ in it but I can’t tell what it is; bergamot perhaps? Yes, that must be it. On my skin it's an usual but pretty combination.

A must sniff for violet fans! Balenciaga Paris is a darling that is suitable for all round use, since I can’t see this being inappropriate for any occasion -- when is classy ever wrong? The bottle is also very pretty and the cap reminds me of a vintage piece of ivory.

Silage is: powdery violets with a classy edge -- Longevity is: 5+ hours of Parisian chic.
beautiful wet violets
I don't find a lot of powder here - there definitely is that element, but it is somehow fresher in quality, like garden greenery after the rain.

A lovely violet, soft, no sharp edges, herbal with the inclusion of the leaves, a little metallic. It is carried beautifully on a freshly cut, fragrant cedar base from start to finish, all notes blending beautifully.

Sophisticated, quite understated, substantial enough to get noticed, but in no way heavy. It is a fragrance with clarity, one you can move through, it does not cloak and surround you.

This stands out in a crowd in a very good way. It manages to be completely natural yet also refined and classy. If you can appreciate subtlety in a fragrance, this would be a lovely addition to your wardrobe.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Violets with a Shimmery Synthetic Sheen
Balenciaga PARIS offers a bright, clean presentation of watery violets with a shimmery synthetic sheen. In some ways this composition reminds me of such perfumes as Calvin Klein TRUTH and Jil Sander PURE. The watery violet aspect reminds me of DSquared SHE WOOD, although PARIS is not very woody. Still, the watery violet is very similar. I also find some overlap here with Cerruti 1881...

Violets and violet leaves really are the stars of the show, but they are presented in a modern, twenty-first-century context quite distinct from nineteenth-century all-natural violet soliflores such as VIOLETTA DI PARMA and VIOLETTES DE TOULOUSE. Yet this composition seems just as simple and likeable, provided that one is compatible with the synthetic components, which happily I am in this case.

Thank you for the generous sample, Awesomeness!
Scent 1.0/10
Powerful Powdery Violet with Throw & Irritants
Balenciaga Paris is a powdery violet fragrance that plays in the same olfactory space as My Queen and Love Chloe. The notes are different, of course, but these three fragrances leave a similar powdery impression on the skin, with Balenciaga Paris being the most powdery and most woody of the three. On initial application, Balenciaga Paris is the least synthetic. If truth be told, of these 3 fragrances, I prefer Balenciaga Paris on top. If only the scent would retain this character throughout the wear.

I applied three dabs from a manufacturer's sample. Unfortunately (or, fortunately, depending on your perspective), the throw of Balenciaga Paris is pretty huge, which doesn't seem possible for a fragrance of this type. It irritated a family member from 10 feet away, 15 minutes later. Thirty minutes later, I'm feeling the irritation & getting watery eyes.

Big throw - OK. Big Irritation - NOT.

As a result, Balenciaga Paris went from my 'I like this' category to 'No way can I wear this' category. It ended up a scrubber for me. Moreover, Balenciaga Paris is just another mass market fragrance that I so want to enjoy, yet it is encouraging me to question the chemical soup that passes for scent these days. I just don't get it.

I understand the appreciation for this scent, but I'm surprised that so many find it wearable. If you do wear this in public, be aware that it will not be appreciated universally. And for gosh sake, apply lightly.

Try before you buy - thankfully, 4ml samples are plentiful and can be found at a good price. In fact, someone can have mine free.

Sous le ciel de Paris - Unter dem Himmel von Paris
by IrisNobile
Aux Champs-Elysées...da, da, da, di, da
by Santalwalti
tu es une belle fragrance violette - du bist ein wunderschöner veilchenduft
by EauMySoul
by Monparfum
by Madkat
by Madkat

Popular Balenciaga

Florabotanica by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga L'Essence by Balenciaga Rosabotanica by Balenciaga Le Dix (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Cristobal by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga Ho Hang (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Rumba (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Michelle (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau de Parfum) by Balenciaga Cristobal pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga Skin by Balenciaga L'Eau Rose by Balenciaga Balenciaga pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Quadrille (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Cialenga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Prélude (Parfum de Toilette) by Balenciaga Portos (Eau de Cologne) by Balenciaga Ho Hang Club (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga