Florabotanica (2012)

Florabotanica by Balenciaga

Florabotanica is a popular perfume by Balenciaga for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.
Scent goes well with Philosykos (Eau de Parfum)

Amber, Caladium leaf, Mint, Carnation, Rose, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.05.2020.

Marleen1201
Magnificent garden after the rain
First it was indifference, then it was love. I'm not usually a big fan of floral scents. I find them mostly just boring. Here I have given in to the hype, according to the motto, testing costs nothing. The first time I tested it, I hardly noticed anything at all. The second time testing, the first hour again didn't notice anything. Afterwards with friends at dinner. And suddenly a wonderful cloud blew around me, like a magnificent garden after the rain. Just wonderful. Since then one of my favorites. And he is not boring at all. It's very recognizable
The green rose
Florabotonica is a floral perfume, but NOT typically floral. Because the rose you find in it is not a typical one. I wouldn't even know what color I would give it, but it definitely wouldn't be red. Green it is. Because it's green notes that are very present. Some people might be overwhelmed at the beginning, especially because of its freshness, which is almost soapy. But patience is called for here! No sooner does it bond with the skin than a powdery magic emerges that is second to none. Back then, at the age of 19 (8 years ago), it was my first "real" perfume, I was thrilled by the bottle, by the name. Like many of his fans, I too imagine a garden, but not a kitschy, cute one. Rather a mysterious, enchanted garden. For several years he was my faithful and only companion...countless compliments I received for him. Meanwhile I don't wear it anymore (it doesn't fit me or I don't fit him anymore?), nevertheless I still love the scent.
The durability is sensationally good
Dear Florabotanica,
you take me to a dense, damp rose garden in the middle of summer. When spraying the first time, I clearly notice the mint present, which I find very refreshing. Like a light breeze in the rose garden. When this wind has gone, I smell the fresh roses paired with other green plants. Don't get me wrong, Florabotanica is not a light perfume. Florabotanica polarizes. At the beginning this scent is already slightly pungent, too fresh for me. But it develops into such a unique scent. I feel like Belle in the beast's garden when I wear the fragrance.
Besides, the fragrance lasts the whole working day = 9 hours +
ElDiabloBZ
On recommendation, as a gift...
... for my wife, for her birthday.

No exaggerated sweetness, no disturbing notes, no, a clear, fresh fragrance. At first he was recommended to me and in order not to come along blindly, I of course sniffed him out in the perfumery I trusted before ... WOW! I like soft, yet clear, fresh and feminine fragrances on women. That is exactly what this scent brings. One could accuse him of a slight "soapiness", or even synthetics, even if, he masters this with brilliance and still knows how to convince!
As a gift, it arrived 100% and everyone else liked it to date. I would buy it again and give it away!
Conchi2019
Dear Flora, let me stroll in your Botanica!
For a long time I thought about writing a comment that resembled the content of the others. Does it need then at all still further words?

Therefore dear Flora, this comment is dedicated only to you and dear Linnea.
I have to bring Linnea into play at this point, because she has made this fragrance my favourite, although I wrote that I don't like rose fragrances, but would like to be convinced of the opposite.
And as it is in life, one thing came to another and you, dear Flora, were really a surprise. Admitted mass, on the second spray and almost, I would have torn you apart and chased you away in my often premature manner.
At first I was of course very curious, because you were a recommendation from a lady who didn't know me. Finally I got in touch with her because of two completely different compositions and you were, so to speak, the big unknown in this trio.
Our first attempt was not quite round. You reminded me of a hairdresser's from my childhood and I wasn't sure if I could use it here and now. This impression was crowned with a flapsy remark of my best friend, are you wearing "Fragrance Old Grandma" today!?
So I kept my hands off you, but not for long. A few days later I reached for you again in the morning, my inner voice whispered, you two are not finished yet.
There was probably not this one moment, but a development over several attempts, in which you conquered my heart.
I find you really special, you are not sticky, sweet, shrill and trashy, no you are flowery but not overblown, you are fresh but not aquatic. You are an old grandma and a young girl; I can walk with you through centuries; you can be at home anywhere in the world; spring, summer, autumn and winter know you. Your corners and edges are nothing for anyone, but for me!

To a long friendship!
Durability/Sillage is extraordinary with me. I'm really surprised.
Fragrance is of course 10 out of 10, because who surprises me so has won all along the line
Flacon is too 80iger
me Packaging extremely harmonious
Old love with character
So also put on Kristen Stewart 2012 and tried him because I like her non-conformity and indie roles very much. Quite different, at first a bit bulky, lots of soap and green as if you were holding your nose to geraniums. At that time I felt him like a piece of clothing, which carries me and not vice versa. He preceded me without me being able to do him justice. Now bought again and we fit better together, but we don't see each other every day. It can quickly become too much for others, so I don't wear it on the train or in the office. A special piece of jewellery that catches the eye and surprises the wearer all day long. I'm afraid I never got to test the "Rosa"

Clean Green Rose
The name of Florabotanica sums quite well how the perfume actually smells : flowers and green plants. Upon application, Florabotanica combines rose, carnation and some greenness. The rose is not overly sweet, but on the clean, fresh and green side. The carnation offers some bitterness. The mint contributes the greenness without giving out the chill cooling vibe like some sporty fragrances. During the wearing, I can also smell some white flowers like jasmine. However, it eventually returns to the initial combination and stays so firmly till the end.

The sillage is relatively close and the longevity is simply outstanding, 12h+. It's an understated and inoffensive scent with a steady structure. It certainly is not a masterpiece, but a well-made everyday fragrance for green floral lovers.

Edit: I recently tried Jardins d'Ecrivains Junky which features a very prominent cannabis note. Now I can also discern it in Florabotanica. However, here it only acts like a supporting role, lending an earthy vibe and preventing the fragrance becoming too clean, a very clever touch!
Kleopatra
Flowery newbie with that certain something
In this late autumn, which is still relatively warm, I still have no desire for cuddly fragrances. But summer scents are also out for me now. So we had to find another "in-between thing". Woman never has the right thing - neither to wear nor to scent.

And so I bought Florabotanica, of course again in ignorance of this fragrance. Sometime tested and discarded, by a certain woman L. but as so often already fixed... and struck.

Well, what can I say: Me and FLORA! And also BOTANICA! I'm surprised it's gonna work out. I'm surprised myself. Because the scent is really beautiful, although I don't usually have it with flowers. And with other green stuff like stems, leaves etc. also not. Let them stay where they grow. But already with the first sprayer I was positively surprised. And I was even more surprised when my sweetheart, who is developing an ever finer nose, said in a test sniff of my arm: "He has something, something individual. Smells really good!" Well, and he's right!

I don't smell mint myself. This means that I would have imagined this actually present note to be present as well. But it doesn't matter. Florabotanica simply smells pleasantly flowery, fresh, but not too fresh, and with me also powdery. Clean, but not too neat. Fortunately not too green and not too bitter. Sweet, but not. I'm not.

Florabotanica is a fragrance with recognition value. It always goes. When warm it conveys a cool freshness, when cooler it exudes a warm freshness and does not make you shiver. A scented chameleon. It is ideal if you don't want to get on anyone's nerves with your musk, patchouli, vanilla or other crackers. Or just can't have the same good himself. In business anyway, when you don't just want to smell boring after a "fresh shower", but fresh, but with that certain something. Definitely signature-suitable. Because it is perceived (positively) and also holds well.

Oh yes, and the bottle: I just think it's mega-chic!
Centifolias
The only rose that smells refreshing.
...yes, she is. Refreshing, the rose in this fragrance... with a Sillage that I can't beat.
I smell it all day long, and I don't need to spray it again. Never before have I received so many compliments for a fragrance.
It is probably the mint that triggers this coolness and nothing sultry at all.
Amber makes this freshness soft after 1 to 2 hours and the fragrance changes from "freshly showered" to "freshly creamed".
He is wonderful and definitely a darling every days. Suitable for everyday life in the office as well as for the evening.
Again and again I hear strangers around me saying:" what smells so good?".
So if you are looking for a fragrance that is floral, not sweet, but fresh, not pompous, but cool, and which feels like a second skin at the end, you should definitely try it out.
A perfuma commented on him with: cool powder. He's just the same way at the end.
To me, it's one of the best flowery perfumes ever.
And another tip. Since the body lotion is no longer available:
The Atlas Rose Body Butter from the body shop harmonizes wonderfully with Florabotanica.
I discovered this perfume in a crowded elevator, where it smelled so good that I didn't want to get out. Then I asked aloud: "who is that? Who smells so good"?
Entered silence and then a shy voice:" I believe".
A young girl around 20.
It is as wearable for this age as for the more mature woman.
I definitely don't want to go on without him.

1.5

Smells like a vegetable?
It must be my bodychemistry but this smells like cellery on me. Disgusting.... I can´t understand how a scent can smell so bad. So disappointed,

Mozart1756Mozart1756 16 days ago
1 Word= TERRİBLE! So bad and weird. %10/15 or 0 rose feeling. Carnation, vetiver, amber, and very much mint! Overrated, superhyped!
TruckladyTrucklady 12 months ago
Rose? Not on me. Straight up carnation. Slightly obnoxious at that. Same feeling seeing K-Stew in the ads. Still, can be fun to wear.

colours - für fresh21
by Amarena
by Viola8
by Viola8

Popular Balenciaga

Cristobal by Balenciaga Le Dix (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Ho Hang (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris L'Essence by Balenciaga Michelle (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Quadrille (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Rosabotanica by Balenciaga Balenciaga pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Portos (Eau de Cologne) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau de Parfum) by Balenciaga Rumba (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga Le Dix (Parfum) by Balenciaga Ho Hang Club (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Cristobal pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Cialenga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga Skin by Balenciaga Eau de Balenciaga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Ho Hang (After Shave) by Balenciaga