Florabotanica (2012)

Florabotanica by Balenciaga

Florabotanica is a popular perfume by Balenciaga for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.

Amber, Caladium leaf, Mint, Carnation, Rose, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.11.2019

7.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Conchi2019
Dear Flora, let me stroll in your Botanica!
For a long time I thought about writing a comment that resembled the content of the others. Does it need then at all still further words?

Therefore dear Flora, this comment is dedicated only to you and dear Linnea.
I have to bring Linnea into play at this point, because she has made this fragrance my favourite, although I wrote that I don't like rose fragrances, but would like to be convinced of the opposite.
And as it is in life, one thing came to another and you, dear Flora, were really a surprise. Admitted mass, on the second spray and almost, I would have torn you apart and chased you away in my often premature manner.
At first I was of course very curious, because you were a recommendation from a lady who didn't know me. Finally I got in touch with her because of two completely different compositions and you were, so to speak, the big unknown in this trio.
Our first attempt was not quite round. You reminded me of a hairdresser's from my childhood and I wasn't sure if I could use it here and now. This impression was crowned with a flapsy remark of my best friend, are you wearing "Fragrance Old Grandma" today!?
So I kept my hands off you, but not for long. A few days later I reached for you again in the morning, my inner voice whispered, you two are not finished yet.
There was probably not this one moment, but a development over several attempts, in which you conquered my heart.
I find you really special, you are not sticky, sweet, shrill and trashy, no you are flowery but not overblown, you are fresh but not aquatic. You are an old grandma and a young girl; I can walk with you through centuries; you can be at home anywhere in the world; spring, summer, autumn and winter know you. Your corners and edges are nothing for anyone, but for me!

To a long friendship!
Durability/Sillage is extraordinary with me. I'm really surprised.
Fragrance is of course 10 out of 10, because who surprises me so has won all along the line
Flacon is too 80iger
me Packaging extremely harmonious
10.0 7.0 8.0 7.5/10

Old love with character
So also put on Kristen Stewart 2012 and tried him because I like her non-conformity and indie roles very much. Quite different, at first a bit bulky, lots of soap and green as if you were holding your nose to geraniums. At that time I felt him like a piece of clothing, which carries me and not vice versa. He preceded me without me being able to do him justice. Now bought again and we fit better together, but we don't see each other every day. It can quickly become too much for others, so I don't wear it on the train or in the office. A special piece of jewellery that catches the eye and surprises the wearer all day long. I'm afraid I never got to test the "Rosa"
7.0 4.0 9.0 6.5/10

Clean Green Rose
The name of Florabotanica sums quite well how the perfume actually smells : flowers and green plants. Upon application, Florabotanica combines rose, carnation and some greenness. The rose is not overly sweet, but on the clean, fresh and green side. The carnation offers some bitterness. The mint contributes the greenness without giving out the chill cooling vibe like some sporty fragrances. During the wearing, I can also smell some white flowers like jasmine. However, it eventually returns to the initial combination and stays so firmly till the end.

The sillage is relatively close and the longevity is simply outstanding, 12h+. It's an understated and inoffensive scent with a steady structure. It certainly is not a masterpiece, but a well-made everyday fragrance for green floral lovers.

Edit: I recently tried Jardins d'Ecrivains Junky which features a very prominent cannabis note. Now I can also discern it in Florabotanica. However, here it only acts like a supporting role, lending an earthy vibe and preventing the fragrance becoming too clean, a very clever touch!
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Kleopatra
Flowery newbie with that certain something
In this late autumn, which is still relatively warm, I still have no desire for cuddly fragrances. But summer scents are also out for me now. So we had to find another "in-between thing". Woman never has the right thing - neither to wear nor to scent.

And so I bought Florabotanica, of course again in ignorance of this fragrance. Sometime tested and discarded, by a certain woman L. but as so often already fixed... and struck.

Well, what can I say: Me and FLORA! And also BOTANICA! I'm surprised it's gonna work out. I'm surprised myself. Because the scent is really beautiful, although I don't usually have it with flowers. And with other green stuff like stems, leaves etc. also not. Let them stay where they grow. But already with the first sprayer I was positively surprised. And I was even more surprised when my sweetheart, who is developing an ever finer nose, said in a test sniff of my arm: "He has something, something individual. Smells really good!" Well, and he's right!

I don't smell mint myself. This means that I would have imagined this actually present note to be present as well. But it doesn't matter. Florabotanica simply smells pleasantly flowery, fresh, but not too fresh, and with me also powdery. Clean, but not too neat. Fortunately not too green and not too bitter. Sweet, but not. I'm not.

Florabotanica is a fragrance with recognition value. It always goes. When warm it conveys a cool freshness, when cooler it exudes a warm freshness and does not make you shiver. A scented chameleon. It is ideal if you don't want to get on anyone's nerves with your musk, patchouli, vanilla or other crackers. Or just can't have the same good himself. In business anyway, when you don't just want to smell boring after a "fresh shower", but fresh, but with that certain something. Definitely signature-suitable. Because it is perceived (positively) and also holds well.

Oh yes, and the bottle: I just think it's mega-chic!
6.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

Centifolias
The only rose that smells refreshing.
...yes, she is. Refreshing, the rose in this fragrance... with a Sillage that I can't beat.
I smell it all day long, and I don't need to spray it again. Never before have I received so many compliments for a fragrance.
It is probably the mint that triggers this coolness and nothing sultry at all.
Amber makes this freshness soft after 1 to 2 hours and the fragrance changes from "freshly showered" to "freshly creamed".
He is wonderful and definitely a darling every days. Suitable for everyday life in the office as well as for the evening.
Again and again I hear strangers around me saying:" what smells so good?".
So if you are looking for a fragrance that is floral, not sweet, but fresh, not pompous, but cool, and which feels like a second skin at the end, you should definitely try it out.
A perfuma commented on him with: cool powder. He's just the same way at the end.
To me, it's one of the best flowery perfumes ever.
And another tip. Since the body lotion is no longer available:
The Atlas Rose Body Butter from the body shop harmonizes wonderfully with Florabotanica.
I discovered this perfume in a crowded elevator, where it smelled so good that I didn't want to get out. Then I asked aloud: "who is that? Who smells so good"?
Entered silence and then a shy voice:" I believe".
A young girl around 20.
It is as wearable for this age as for the more mature woman.
I definitely don't want to go on without him.

8.0 9.0 10.0 1.5/10

Smells like a vegetable?
It must be my bodychemistry but this smells like cellery on me. Disgusting.... I can´t understand how a scent can smell so bad. So disappointed,
9.0/10

Carnation Love
Visited the perfume counters today and at Neiman's only this interested my nose. Soon I realized that carnation is its most dominant floral note, sealing for me what I'd begun to suspect. I love carnation. Its presence in L'Heure Bleue greatly helped me adore that and its presence here dazzles. I love the spare, well-executed supporting notes: lush rose, fragrant vetiver, fresh mint and caladium leaf. The amber is the linchpin. Few are the florals I can get excited about but this is definitely one. As gardens go, this one has no rabbit hole. This is Tivolo Gardens, a lush playground for us fully grown girls. Great projection, great longetivity for a floral.
3.0/10

Another room freshener floral
I loved the floral motifs in the sample card and other marketing materials, and so wanted to like this one! It was not to be, however. I have nothing against florals, but on my skin Florabotanica turned so harsh and so much like soap or room freshener than I had to wash it off and put on some real perfume. Definitely not my cup of tea. Not only is this generic and not interesting (much like Vanitas and the various Guilties), it is also too harsh on my nose and wholly unsuited to the season and/or my personal tastes to warrant further testing.

Chickenpotpi
A modern Floral with a vintage vibe
I suprisingly really love this. Could be that I just dig florals (well probably...lol) But I do find it very well rounded and lovely floral. Rose is quite out front but I find it to be quite refreshing.

What I found I enjoyed most is smelling this the next day. yeah, its one of THOSE types of scents!

The mint doesn't jump out at me on skin though I can certainly smell it. The base notes help keep this scent from becoming a screecher.

On occassion I get a whiff of an unlit mentholated cigarette. I don't doubt its the mint and the vetiver (because on me, vetiver can sometimes smell smoky) But I find I don't mind the mix at all. I thought it was quite interesting to be honest! No one else around me ever made any sort of connection (including my partner)

If someone likes sweet candy type frags, this likely won't be the frag they want. But floral lovers should certainly sample it. Longevity is great, sillage also great, though care should be taken to not overspray. On me I find 2 sprays to be plenty.

I'm adding an edit to this because I really smell something in this thats peachy. I don't know whats listed is all the notes or not, but I'm smelling more than whats above.
5.0 5.0 10.0 10.0/10

garden of flowers
I actualy like this scent. It opens fresh and rosy with a hint of to my nose, like chamomille. Its not listed as a note but it reminds me of that. I dont reconize the carnation and mint note in this. But the dry down I love the most, a rosy vetiver like smell appears that could be the younger sister of Chanel no 19. The amber is also there but not prominent. I say its a green floral scent instead of a oriental.
For me a must buy

Trucklady 164 days ago
Rose? Not on me. Straight up carnation. Slightly obnoxious at that. Same feeling seeing K-Stew in the ads. Still, can be fun to wear.

colours - für fresh21
by Amarena
by Viola8
by Viola8

Popular Balenciaga

Florabotanica by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga L'Essence by Balenciaga Rosabotanica by Balenciaga Le Dix (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Cristobal by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga Ho Hang (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Rumba (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Michelle (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau de Parfum) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga Skin by Balenciaga Cristobal pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga L'Eau Rose by Balenciaga Quadrille (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Portos (Eau de Cologne) by Balenciaga Cialenga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Prélude (Parfum de Toilette) by Balenciaga Ho Hang Club (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga