Florabotanica 2012

Florabotanica by Balenciaga
Florabotanica is a popular perfume by Balenciaga for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.
Scent goes well with Lovely (Eau de Parfum)

Amber, Caladium leaf, Mint, Carnation, Rose, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 19.10.2020.

Until summer.....
..... I unfortunately have to wait, I have the feeling that the scent is too fresh for me at the moment. The flacon isf really a dream, it looks mega, just the sight alone is worth having it in my collection.

About the scent: the scent starts very fresh, I perceive the mint very strongly.
Unfortunately I am not a big fan of mint but here it fits very well :-). Afterwards I perceive a very strong floral scent which accompanies me the whole day. The freshness and the flowers harmonize very well. I feel very clean, elegant and really good smelling. Here the mint disturbs me a bit, because it is very penetrating in my nose. Therefore I will wear the fragrance only in spring or summer. Hopefully then it will go well with the mint.

Durability: for me I would say that the fragrance lasts quite well (about 7 hours) and on my clothes 2 days
View a good fragrance but too fresh for autumn/winter for me, I need something warmer :-)
Sonnenwind
The ultimate summer scent.
...at least for me. ;)

For a long time I didn't know which scent I could wear in hot weather.
Until Florabotanica crossed my path, I always wore something and was never satisfied. Finding something refreshing that could also score with good durability was something I found extremely difficult until now.
Thanks to the dear autumn blonde ♡, a bottling found its way to me some time ago and I will be eternally grateful to her for this.
Purely from the scent pyramid, the scent would probably never have appealed to me.

Florabotanica starts directly refreshing minty.
I never thought I could enjoy a mint note in perfume.
At higher temperatures, however, this note is wonderful and, together with vetiver, probably gives a green, fresh touch.
The rose gives a soft floral note, but is not in the foreground.
At some point Florabotanica develops into a creamy-powdery skin care product - still slightly green-rosy-fresh.
Its durability and sillage really surprised me.
In hair and clothing it is still clearly visible the next day.

My bottling is now emptied and the summer is coming to an end.
Florabotanica is a pure summer scent for me.
Until the announcement of next summer, he remains on my wish list and will be and remain THE summer scent for me.

Dear ones,
Enjoy the last warm days of the late summer!
Associations in the shower
The brand that once launched blue waterballs with the company logo on them launched a new shower gel collection this spring. Apricot and mango, raspberry with blueberry and watermelon with mint were the three varieties that promised a fresh fragrance and a delicate skin feeling. I got the latter, because after a hot summer day (I hate summer...) I have to cool down in the evening with a fresh shower gel and lukewarm water. So when I was comfortably lathering up and the water was splashing, this scent reminded me of something and I first rummaged in my brain, then in my perfume collection... Florabotanica, man, it really does smell similar!
So it happened that Florabotanica accompanied me in the first trains of the summer and I was really happy to have rediscovered it. A bit like spearmint chewing gum, I love this fresh note, a bit green but still feminine. My fear with such fresh scents is always that they smell too masculine - I can't have that about me. But Florabotanica is drifting into the flowery, you have the impression of standing in a wonderfully blooming garden between roses and carnations (you can really smell them!), which also has a small corner with fresh herbs.

Ideal on warm days, the fragrance hovers gently but does not soak in. Also the durability is really good for such a summer scent, on clothes it lasts until the evening. And of course the bottle is also an eye-catcher, even if I personally would expect something completely different just from the bottle: a kind of Prada Candy, sweet, with an extravagant touch - just the sort of thing for fashion-week kids. But no - Florabotanica taught me better! :-)
Puderkind
Fresh green rose petals dusted with powder
Florabotanica is an incredibly special and versatile rose scent that surprised me very much. After extensive testing, I got hold of a bottle in the souk of dear Saemm, which did not disappoint me! The visual appearance alone is almost like art à la Piet Mondrian (if there was still yellow in it...) but that's just my perception. In any case it is an eye-catcher :D

About the fragrance: the green notes are very present at first and the mint makes it a refreshment that is particularly pleasant in summer. After a short time, a strong, green and slightly soapy rose is added, which I love so much about this fragrance. It's really well done, as this note becomes increasingly powdery and cool and stays that way for a long time in drydown. So, this is already a great scent and no matter which stage, the scent is always pleasant and elegant for me!

The durability is very good in any case, because I can smell the fragrance clearly for up to nine hours and it remains present on clothes and hair even after that. I think that the aura must be quite acceptable, but it is certainly not obtrusive or annoying. Due to the green and yet powdery, noble note it is a very clear, down-to-earth and yet feminine scent, which certainly does not bother anyone. No matter if work, leisure time or meeting in the evening, the scent really always fits =) and that's good to have such a scent that fits very well especially in the warm season.

I am totally convinced and can recommend it for those who are looking for a universally applicable rose fragrance with that certain something and a surprising complexity!
Botanical gardens
Have you ever been on holiday in Bulgaria?

When I was little, we went to Bulgaria a few times. Not on the party mile, of course - but in the family villages, from where you could make the typical tourist trips. I remember those holidays as if it was yesterday.

In the evening we went to the restaurants where there were shows. The Bulgarian women danced with their traditional costumes, the Bulgarians performed fire plays. Very exciting for me as a child. But one excursion always remained in my memory. The excursion to the botanical garden. Today I can't say exactly whether the botanical gardens are something special for Bulgaria? And whether it is such a "classic" among the tourist excursions or simply the personal interest of my parents back then.

The highlight of these excursions was always the little souvenir that we took with us. A small wooden tube, with an incised rose and a lid that resembled cupola roofs. The content of this tube was a small glass bottle with a transparent content. And the contents smelled of pure rose! Until the day I received Florabtonica, I had never smelled a fragrance so similar to this Bulgarian rose oil.

I will always associate my childhood holidays with him. Florabotanica embodies for me one of the greenest and most authentic rose scents I have ever smelled. It is fresh, a little spicy, beautiful green and so clean. On my skin it lasts for a very long time, also on my clothes.

So if you and he are currently longing for a holiday in Bulgaria and at the same time love rose fragrances, you should buy Florabotanica.
Marleen1201
Magnificent garden after the rain
First it was indifference, then it was love. I'm not usually a big fan of floral scents. I find them mostly just boring. Here I have given in to the hype, according to the motto, testing costs nothing. The first time I tested it, I hardly noticed anything at all. The second time testing, the first hour again didn't notice anything. Afterwards with friends at dinner. And suddenly a wonderful cloud blew around me, like a magnificent garden after the rain. Just wonderful. Since then one of my favorites. And he is not boring at all. It's very recognizable
The green rose
Florabotonica is a floral perfume, but NOT typically floral. Because the rose you find in it is not a typical one. I wouldn't even know what color I would give it, but it definitely wouldn't be red. Green it is. Because it's green notes that are very present. Some people might be overwhelmed at the beginning, especially because of its freshness, which is almost soapy. But patience is called for here! No sooner does it bond with the skin than a powdery magic emerges that is second to none. Back then, at the age of 19 (8 years ago), it was my first "real" perfume, I was thrilled by the bottle, by the name. Like many of his fans, I too imagine a garden, but not a kitschy, cute one. Rather a mysterious, enchanted garden. For several years he was my faithful and only companion...countless compliments I received for him. Meanwhile I don't wear it anymore (it doesn't fit me or I don't fit him anymore?), nevertheless I still love the scent.
The durability is sensationally good
Dear Florabotanica,
you take me to a dense, damp rose garden in the middle of summer. When spraying the first time, I clearly notice the mint present, which I find very refreshing. Like a light breeze in the rose garden. When this wind has gone, I smell the fresh roses paired with other green plants. Don't get me wrong, Florabotanica is not a light perfume. Florabotanica polarizes. At the beginning this scent is already slightly pungent, too fresh for me. But it develops into such a unique scent. I feel like Belle in the beast's garden when I wear the fragrance.
Besides, the fragrance lasts the whole working day = 9 hours +
ElDiabloBZ
On recommendation, as a gift...
... for my wife, for her birthday.

No exaggerated sweetness, no disturbing notes, no, a clear, fresh fragrance. At first he was recommended to me and in order not to come along blindly, I of course sniffed him out in the perfumery I trusted before ... WOW! I like soft, yet clear, fresh and feminine fragrances on women. That is exactly what this scent brings. One could accuse him of a slight "soapiness", or even synthetics, even if, he masters this with brilliance and still knows how to convince!
As a gift, it arrived 100% and everyone else liked it to date. I would buy it again and give it away!
Conchi2019
Dear Flora, let me stroll in your Botanica!
For a long time I thought about writing a comment that resembled the content of the others. Does it need then at all still further words?

Therefore dear Flora, this comment is dedicated only to you and dear Linnea.
I have to bring Linnea into play at this point, because she has made this fragrance my favourite, although I wrote that I don't like rose fragrances, but would like to be convinced of the opposite.
And as it is in life, one thing came to another and you, dear Flora, were really a surprise. Admitted mass, on the second spray and almost, I would have torn you apart and chased you away in my often premature manner.
At first I was of course very curious, because you were a recommendation from a lady who didn't know me. Finally I got in touch with her because of two completely different compositions and you were, so to speak, the big unknown in this trio.
Our first attempt was not quite round. You reminded me of a hairdresser's from my childhood and I wasn't sure if I could use it here and now. This impression was crowned with a flapsy remark of my best friend, are you wearing "Fragrance Old Grandma" today!?
So I kept my hands off you, but not for long. A few days later I reached for you again in the morning, my inner voice whispered, you two are not finished yet.
There was probably not this one moment, but a development over several attempts, in which you conquered my heart.
I find you really special, you are not sticky, sweet, shrill and trashy, no you are flowery but not overblown, you are fresh but not aquatic. You are an old grandma and a young girl; I can walk with you through centuries; you can be at home anywhere in the world; spring, summer, autumn and winter know you. Your corners and edges are nothing for anyone, but for me!

To a long friendship!
Durability/Sillage is extraordinary with me. I'm really surprised.
Fragrance is of course 10 out of 10, because who surprises me so has won all along the line
Flacon is too 80iger
me Packaging extremely harmonious

GreMuserGreMuser 51 days ago
Too much sweetness ruined a potential interesting fragrance. Just disappointed on this, boring, boring, boring average female scent.
Mozart1756Mozart1756 165 days ago
0.5
1 Word= TERRİBLE! So bad and weird. %10/15 or 0 rose feeling. Carnation, vetiver, amber, and very much mint! Overrated, superhyped!
TruckladyTrucklady 17 months ago
Rose? Not on me. Straight up carnation. Slightly obnoxious at that. Same feeling seeing K-Stew in the ads. Still, can be fun to wear.

Minzige kühle Rose
by Lizzy89
Heute wird fleischlos gegrillt
by Blödel
by BlueValkyrie
Durchforscht den Boden, sucht und grabt, Bringt Wachstum auf Mechanik, Wenn ihr dann keine Blumen habt, Habt ihr doch eine Botanik.  - Franz Grillparzer
by Miu4444
by Viola8
by Flavabee
by Flavabee

Popular Balenciaga

Cristobal by Balenciaga Le Dix (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Quadrille (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Ho Hang (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga Michelle (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris L'Essence by Balenciaga Balenciaga pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Rosabotanica by Balenciaga Portos (Eau de Cologne) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau de Parfum) by Balenciaga Rumba (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga Le Dix (Parfum) by Balenciaga Eau de Balenciaga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Ho Hang Club (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Cristobal pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga Skin by Balenciaga Cialenga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau Transparente) by Balenciaga