Florabotanica 2012

Florabotanica by Balenciaga
Florabotanica is a popular perfume by Balenciaga for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.
Scent goes well with Sun Delight

Amber, Caladium leaf, Mint, Carnation, Rose, Vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.04.2021.

MariaS
The advertisement is the best tester of the fragrance
This fragrance has everything I hate. First of all I don’t like rose and vetiver in fragrances and I try to avoid them. Secondly, I don’t like summer fragrances because I hardly find something that stays for long in hot weather. Thirdly and most important, is that it is advertised by Kristen who I find very neutral as a person. She doesn’t show dynamic personality and character, or femininity, or any kind of positive emotion. Same feeling I have about Idole by Lancome where I find the model in the ad very childish with no dynamism, so that discourages me to even go and test it. And now you will ask me “why do you care about the model? New fragrance is out, just go and test it”. Well, no can do. This is what advertising is all about. To give you the idea of the fragrance. I want to see the ad and say “wow I will smell wonderful if I buy this”. So, taking into account all of the above, this fragrance was a BIG NO for me, BUT…I just bought it (Idole is still a big NO).

What changed my mind?

Well, I ve heard a lot of good things about it and that it is not a typical fresh or rose fragrance but its kind of different. Also, I heard those words from people that we have similar taste in fragrances, so I was like to hell with it I will test it.
When I sprayed it on my wrist I told the seller “I ll see how it will respond on my skin and will return”…And I returned after 10 minutes and bought it. Still a 30ml bottle because I was still a bit unsure (typical Gemini behavior).

About the fragrance:

When I first spray it I get a green fresh smell a bit earthy, coming from the mint and the cannabis leaf and at the end, I smell the rose. After it settles, it becomes creamy fresh and more rosey. I feel that on the dry down, the vetiver on the base is what makes the fragrance creamier. Generally it is a well-blended perfume ,where none of the notes is prominent…They all have an equal role in it and that’s what makes it so beautiful. So, after I sprayed it I understood why Kristen on the ad…She is kind of like that. Fresh, a bit bitter, rosy but not sweet, nothing is prominent but everything is flat and balanced.

About the performance of the fragrance, It stayed on my skin for hours (about 6) and it had adequate projection, which is very weird for designer fragrances. The weather here is now around 16 degrees. So, I will test it when weather becomes warmer (as it is supposed to be a spring-summer fragrance) and I will update to inform you about the performance.

My bf still hates it so this fragrance is a NO for dates.

Also I want to say that I dont judge Kristen, its just the feeling I get when I see her. Many people say for me that their first opinion was that I am unapproachable but when they met me they completely changed their mind. Also for people I said "whos that bitch"? now we re best friends.

Thank you for your time.
Stay safe and smell beautiful!
Liesa
A mint is a mint is a...
Hach great, this rosemint. I agree with the mixed voices of the previous speakers, it's probably really not everyone's cup of tea. And maybe not for every occasion either. However, I love smelling this mint rose on me and I find the combination of scents in this perfume just unusual and original. Methinks it even gets greener as the day goes on. i don't own any other really green scents, so this is my favorite forest, garden, and general outdoor scent. Everything becomes a little more beautiful and lush because of it, really great!
Nature
Aromatic, pleasant mint with an admixture of very fresh rose and clove, which is very pleasant in this composition. Not at all aggressive, as it can sometimes be.

A little warmer in the drydown, thanks to the amber in the base.
What the role of hemp is in this story, I wouldn't know exactly, but I think it makes the composition not go in a sweet direction. or maybe it is it that is responsible for this stunning effect.

Although it is feminine, I feel it is purely unisex.

Wearable at any time of the year and for all sorts of occasions.

Reminds me of, pristine nature, the garden after the rain, the luxurious spa ...
For example, when you are in a greenery that mesmerizes you with its beauty so that you can not think of anything. Just treat yourself to this freshness and enjoy it.
MintRose
I am light but always there, I am fresh and floral at the same time. For one I am sporty and for the other elegant. I AM in any case unique! Whether old whether young You can wear me with certainty the whole year.
DieFüchsin
No scent that enters the foxhole
Against better knowledge after a look at the fragrance notes, I bought a small bottling from a perfumer. I have the feeling the fragrance is mentioned more often at the moment and I hoped he surprised me.
I like the bottle extraordinarily well, but after spraying it developed unfortunately as feared. He is very floral and I can also understand that many like this freshness, as fresh from the shower. But it went straight to my tongue and stayed there for now. The rose is soapy, which I don't like at all. After only an hour, it was at most skin-deeply perceptible. Possibly my nose has also gone on strike.
But I do not want to talk too much bad about the fragrance. On many he seems to work yes and no one has made his own nose. But maybe it helps one or the other in his decision, which has a similar sense of smell.
Minimalism
...that's how Florabotanica smells to me. Minimalist, Clean, Pleasant, Green - like a botanical garden.

These are floral but also green and fresh notes that will wash over you. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't have a scent progression - but it doesn't have to, because there are days when you just want to smell clean, fresh and carefree. Like FREEDOM. That is the fragrance for me.
No appointments - no stress.
A perfect scent for summer, because it also smells white to me. Mykonos!
(Quick question: am I the only one who also assigns colors to scents...automatically without thinking about it for long? Please comment, I would be very interested )

About the design of the bottle can be argued....ich personally find him anything but beautiful. Looks a few after kindergarten art...but that means nothing :) On the inner values it depends ;)

Durability: 6 hours (could be a little better)
Sillage: Mediocre but perfectly adequate

Greetings
Your Angelina

Peppermint Princess
"In a garden paradise was lost, in a garden we shall find it again"
"Blaise Pascal"

Florabotancia was on my watch list for a long time. The design of the bottle is refreshingly different. The box is so enchantingly designed, it's hard to put down.
The mint, however, kept me away until now. Florabotanica is not available everywhere and a blind purchase I did not want to dare. A dear Parfuma put a small sample with a filling and so it came that I could test Florabotanica yet and what can I say, ordered the next day.

Florabotanica makes me think of my childhood in the Allgäu. To the lush meadows that were full of flowers in the spring. Of the brook near our house at and in which we constantly played to the chagrin of our mother. Of the brook mint that grew there and the little dams we built there. Of the little fish we tried to catch and of how we got filthy and wet in the tub. Also of how we made wreaths out of all the flowers and felt like princesses. All of which Florabotanica suddenly awakens in me. How strange we humans are. Since such a little bottle suddenly puts one 30 years back in time.

Florabotanica begins with a powdery floral rush, which makes you think of finely crushed dried flowers. The mint prevents the powderiness from seeming stale. A tiny bit, the beginning reminds me of the CD deodorant Water Lily, which I used for a long time. The dreaded peppermint is wonderfully interwoven with the florals and woods, and is barely noticeable as a standalone. The scent is like walking through a blooming garden in May.

When this first rush of flowers has calmed down, a beautiful rosy and at the same time creamy fragrance cloud develops, which should captivate all rose lovers. This creamy rose aura surprisingly accompanies me for hours. At some point, the scent becomes milder, but the rose remains.

What I particularly like is that there is no lemon in it. In many rose fragrances, lemon is used, but this tends to overpower the rose. There are also no heavy woods or vanilla in it again but clove and vetiver. The clove supports the rose and gives a little spice and vetiver provides the necessary depth and probably also the durability and coolness of Florabotanica. By this coolness Florabotanica is especially suitable for the warmer months wonderful.

For a rather delicate fragrance, the durability is amazing. Despite the powder at the beginning, Florabotanica is a very young and uncomplicated fragrance. A magical companion for a whole workday and for me one of the most beautiful floral fragrances in my collection.

Leonie1711
A very special summer scent
Actually, I'm not a fan of fresh scents. But Florabotanica is different. It is so special and unique. The rose is green, light and not overwhelming. The longevity for a fresh scent the absolute insanity. Men really like the scent on me and I can understand. I wear it to the office during the day or to a business dinner in the evening. Florabotanica just always fits in the summer.
Since just now, in the Garden of Eden
(Tired of perfume houses. Fully packed wandering through drugstores.
So MissionMum starts in the Donna Karan tomato garden. Tomatoes are also somewhere; much more a sunny spot by the pond, framed by all sorts of roses and butem small, is the focus of her day.
So I go on the search, a new fragrance for Mom must her.
Through dusty Gucci handbags, deep red lipstick. Sunshine lollipop with glitter. Bouquets of flowers with honey hair spray...
I feel totally overloaded.

Here comes this one. Spray that on my forearm. Harre briefly the things that come and, eager as I am, think: "way too spicy...what is that supposed to be?.... Mint? ahh okey."
la la la la
... la? laa?! laaaaaa! I'm lying in the wet meadow by the pond. It's a little chilly - a breeze rustles through the roses. I grate a pink leaf that falls into my hand. Velvety.)

I don't like the opening. What constitutes a mint for me, I can not smell.
After 30 minutes, a really high quality fragrance comes through in full. Rose, like you can touch it. This one is light, vibrant AND deep. It smells green, not at all woody or earthy. Not herbaceous, like cut hay. Much more like grasses. Slightly aquatic.
It softens. A little soapy.
And poof it's gone.

For the price, it's really a blast! I'm looking forward to smell the more often!
Doctor Balenciaga
Didn't feel so physically comfortable this morning, but I decided to put on a perfume anyway. Which I usually avoid, because then I feel disturbed by most perfumes and can't enjoy them. After the first sniff of Florabotanica, all the discomfort dissipates and I feel like I'm on cloud nine. This has never happened to me with a perfume before. It is so nice to notice this wonderful scent again and again. It is indeed like a soothing walk in a garden, uplifting and recharging. Everything is green and blooming, water is lapping somewhere, it's cool.... I thought of this scent as a summer scent. Now I know it always works

MariaSMariaS 7 days ago
It has all the things I hate: rose, vetiver, freshness, it’s advertising model is K.S....but somehow I loved it. Performance seems good.
SuncanaSuncana 11 days ago
I find this perfume a piece of art. It smells so alive! First time I've used it I oversprayed and that was a mistake.
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 2 months ago
Walking into greenhouse,surrounded by dewy,fresh (but not green),beautiful roses.Warm but not sweet, moisty and feminine,great value for €?
GreMuserGreMuser 8 months ago
Too much sweetness ruined a potential interesting fragrance. Just disappointed on this, boring, boring, boring average female scent.
Mozart1756Mozart1756 11 months ago
0.5
1 Word= TERRİBLE! So bad and weird. %10/15 or 0 rose feeling. Carnation, vetiver, amber, and very much mint! Overrated, superhyped!
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Rose? Not on me. Straight up carnation. Slightly obnoxious at that. Same feeling seeing K-Stew in the ads. Still, can be fun to wear.

by Rutil
The first fragrance I see the advertisement and I DONT want to buy it. This is how important a good advertising is. For me their model Kristen is neutral. She is not dynamic, not feminine, not a cheerful face...So I guess this fragrance would be like that
by MariaS
by Sonnenwind
Heute wird fleischlos gegrillt
by Blödel
by LaPerleNoire
Durchforscht den Boden, sucht und grabt, Bringt Wachstum auf Mechanik, Wenn ihr dann keine Blumen habt, Habt ihr doch eine Botanik.  - Franz Grillparzer
by Balabuszka
by Viola8
by Flavabee
by Flavabee

Popular Balenciaga

Cristobal by Balenciaga Le Dix (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Ho Hang (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Michelle (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga Balenciaga pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Quadrille (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris L'Essence by Balenciaga Rosabotanica by Balenciaga Portos (Eau de Cologne) by Balenciaga Cialenga (Parfum) by Balenciaga Rumba (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau de Parfum) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga Ho Hang Club (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Le Dix (Parfum) by Balenciaga Eau de Balenciaga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga Skin by Balenciaga Cialenga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Cristobal pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga