Florabotanica 2012

Florabotanica by Balenciaga
Florabotanica is a popular perfume by Balenciaga for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by Coty.
Scent goes well with Sun Delight

AmberAmber
Caladium leafCaladium leaf
MintMint
CarnationCarnation
RoseRose
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.10.2021.

HannahGert
One of my favorite scents
Through a Youtuberin I have become aware of this fragrance and have ordered it to me blindly about 2 years ago - and never regretted it. He is very quickly ascended to one of my favorite fragrances.

For me, he smells just wonderful and is the perfect everyday fragrance. I would describe the fragrance so: imagine a garden full of flowers on a warm spring day. Now there is a clothes horse with freshly washed clothes in the garden and suddenly a warm breeze of fresh laundry, grass and flowers blows into your nose. To me, Florabotanica smells like grass and flowers, but fresh and clean at the same time. It will probably accompany me all my life! :-) By the way, the shelf life is good and reasonable for the price
Exotic
I have never liked a new perfume so much right away as Florabotanica by Balenciaga.
At first I thought that this was a completely new fragrance, but then I saw that the already exists since 2012.

It was a blind buy and I don't remember exactly what or who advised me to buy it.
Well, anyway, the package arrived at the end of July. We were just sitting on the terrace, the weather was great, very hot, so the postman (in A =postman) arrived, handed over the package. Among other things, there was just this perfume, sprayed on and immediately there was a WOW, what is THAT?
I could not initially elicit what smelled so good here. But it smelled, smelled, just wonderful. Later I came then on it that it was rose with mint, but only when I had read here the
Ingredients had read. So this combination I have not smelled in the form before and I really have to say, I was on it to betray my beloved Chanel Cristalle :-),
since I thought, this here will now my favorite fragrance.
But that is not so, the two fragrances can not really compare. Cristalle is and remains my great love.
Only: Florabotanica awakens in me a longing for a far journey, in distant lands where opulent flowers bloom, where exotic fruits grow, where the sun burns hot all year round, where the sea roars wildly, where green forests stretch endlessly...

I feel all this when I spray the fragrance. It has something "different" that is hard to describe, a unique combination, it brings me to daydreams that I never had before. He is unique.
From scepticism to love
I'm not so big fan of green scents and mint, well goes so.
However, I had already heard and read so much about this fragrance that I was curious.
Thanks to a very nice Parfuma I got hold of a filling and waited without great expectation on selbige.
A few days later I held it in my hands and skeptically I sprayed me discreetly something on.
In my head it made immediately Ding Dong and I was with the first smell immediately in love, Love, Amore. My hand automatically reached for the bottling and my brain screamed, more, more, spray on more immediately. Which I did.

It is minimalist , a bouquet of freshly cut flowers . So smells a beautiful green garden after a summer rain by the raindrops on the leaves reflect the sun.
It is a beautiful elegant and light spring / summer fragrance that immediately lifts my mood and thus also immediately landed on my wish list.

FrauMieze
Blind date and love at first sight
I admit, the name has always deterred me. But when I saw that not so many flowers adorn this fragrance, I had to try it. I got hold of a small bottle here in the souk (thanks again) (it was worth it for that alone, I think it's just great), and have been waiting eagerly for it.

I was very curious how this interesting composition would develop on my skin.
The first spray and ....
I was in love. Yaaa, oh God yes!!! That's how I love fragrances! Interesting, special and totally well balanced.
The first thing that strikes me is that it's creamy. It smells creamy and I love that. Then I smell the rose, a very delicate, unobtrusive rose. A bit of clove comes out but absolutely tame, thank goodness, clove is not my thing.
Mint I smell very light, not in the foreground and also not sharp. Amber and vetiver bring everything into balance and make it creamy.
All together, makes for an olfactory orgasm for my senses. I love it.
"Florabotanica | Balenciaga reminds me a bit of Hermes Gardens. Which are also very unusual while being fantastic.
I'm incredibly happy to call this cutie my own now.
A fragrance that I will certainly wear very often, the he is never too much, I feel very well-groomed and special with him. And I like that :-)
A fresh spring morning
A fresh spring morning - after waking up, you enter your garden and immediately smell the crisp, fresh morning air. The rose bush is covered in morning dew and a light breeze carries the uplifting aroma all around. It's sweet, yet green. It's fresh, but with a sophisticated twist. The mint perfectly balances rose and garden carnation. Highly recommended!
Love at third sniff
The fragrance I had actually not on the screen and not on the wish list, however, I have then increasingly heard that he is a great summer fragrance because he is just not too heavy and really no one goes to head and after my debacle with Ylang in Gomd I needed exactly that.
Something calm, cool, fresh and the greatest thing about this one is that it doesn't have anything citrusy in it because I'm just starting to get friends with it.

Let's get to the fragrance:
For me, the composition is so incredibly coordinated and in harmony so that I can make out the individual notes only with difficulty. I smell a cool quite unsweet, unpudrige rose and the mint. The mint is not at all peppery but just fresh, cool and herbaceous.
The rest disappears for me in the overall fragrance experience.

I've heard a few people say that the scent is too minty or cool for them and I can totally understand where this is coming from. In autumn and winter, the scent would be absolutely nothing for everyday life, but in spring and summer just perfect (I wear it even to sleep) just when you're freshly showered and first applies something but after 2 hours again wants to apply something else.

Sillage is now not the heftigste also the durability not but 4/5h gets one already.
Have now already a real Dent in it and freu me then directly the 100ml to buy. Can imagine that the rosabotanica has also been great.

And fun fact, as the title already says I really liked the fragrance only after the 3rd time, the first two times he was just so very different from my idea of the fragrance.

Very big recommendation!!!

Mayflower96
We can't even stay friends
It's over. Over and done. A few weeks ago, I went on my first blind date and the anticipation was high. I heard nothing but good things about him. Everyone associated him with pure joy and ease.
I was so excited, getting ready and already picturing our future together. Would you be mine just in case? Would I never have another together with you?
The time had come - I opened the door. You had also dressed up in all your glory and smiled at me. We disappeared together in the bathroom and talked. One sentence followed the next and you looked so charming. Only we both probably knew at that moment that it wouldn't work out between us. After a few minutes, each of us packed his seven things and we parted again. Knowing, of course, that we just don't deserve each other and we'd both be happier with others. Each of us is unique and wonderful on our own, but unfortunately not together.
We wouldn't stay friends either, because we never were.
After a few weeks, you moved on to the next one and I saw how happy you were together. At that moment I knew only one thing - never again a blind date

MariaS
The advertisement is the best tester of the fragrance
This fragrance has everything I hate. First of all I don’t like rose and vetiver in fragrances and I try to avoid them. Secondly, I don’t like summer fragrances because I hardly find something that stays for long in hot weather. Thirdly and most important, is that it is advertised by Kristen who I find very neutral as a person. She doesn’t show dynamic personality and character, or femininity, or any kind of positive emotion. Same feeling I have about Idole by Lancome where I find the model in the ad very childish with no dynamism, so that discourages me to even go and test it. And now you will ask me “why do you care about the model? New fragrance is out, just go and test it”. Well, no can do. This is what advertising is all about. To give you the idea of the fragrance. I want to see the ad and say “wow I will smell wonderful if I buy this”. So, taking into account all of the above, this fragrance was a BIG NO for me, BUT…I just bought it (Idole is still a big NO).

What changed my mind?

Well, I ve heard a lot of good things about it and that it is not a typical fresh or rose fragrance but its kind of different. Also, I heard those words from people that we have similar taste in fragrances, so I was like to hell with it I will test it.
When I sprayed it on my wrist I told the seller “I ll see how it will respond on my skin and will return”…And I returned after 10 minutes and bought it. Still a 30ml bottle because I was still a bit unsure (typical Gemini behavior).

About the fragrance:

When I first spray it I get a green fresh smell a bit earthy, coming from the mint and the cannabis leaf and at the end, I smell the rose. After it settles, it becomes creamy fresh and more rosey. I feel that on the dry down, the vetiver on the base is what makes the fragrance creamier. Generally it is a well-blended perfume ,where none of the notes is prominent…They all have an equal role in it and that’s what makes it so beautiful. So, after I sprayed it I understood why Kristen on the ad…She is kind of like that. Fresh, a bit bitter, rosy but not sweet, nothing is prominent but everything is flat and balanced.

About the performance of the fragrance, It stayed on my skin for hours (about 6) and it had adequate projection, which is very weird for designer fragrances. The weather here is now around 16 degrees. So, I will test it when weather becomes warmer (as it is supposed to be a spring-summer fragrance) and I will update to inform you about the performance.

My bf still hates it so this fragrance is a NO for dates.

Also I want to say that I dont judge Kristen, its just the feeling I get when I see her. Many people say for me that their first opinion was that I am unapproachable but when they met me they completely changed their mind. Also for people I said "whos that bitch"? now we re best friends.

Thank you for your time.
Stay safe and smell beautiful!
Liesa
A mint is a mint is a...
Hach great, this rosemint. I agree with the mixed voices of the previous speakers, it's probably really not everyone's cup of tea. And maybe not for every occasion either. However, I love smelling this mint rose on me and I find the combination of scents in this perfume just unusual and original. Methinks it even gets greener as the day goes on. i don't own any other really green scents, so this is my favorite forest, garden, and general outdoor scent. Everything becomes a little more beautiful and lush because of it, really great!
Nature
Aromatic, pleasant mint with an admixture of very fresh rose and clove, which is very pleasant in this composition. Not at all aggressive, as it can sometimes be.

A little warmer in the drydown, thanks to the amber in the base.
What the role of hemp is in this story, I wouldn't know exactly, but I think it makes the composition not go in a sweet direction. or maybe it is it that is responsible for this stunning effect.

Although it is feminine, I feel it is purely unisex.

Wearable at any time of the year and for all sorts of occasions.

Reminds me of, pristine nature, the garden after the rain, the luxurious spa ...
For example, when you are in a greenery that mesmerizes you with its beauty so that you can not think of anything. Just treat yourself to this freshness and enjoy it.

MariaSMariaS 6 months ago
It has all the things I hate: rose, vetiver, freshness, it’s advertising model is K.S....but somehow I loved it. Performance seems good.
SuncanaSuncana 7 months ago
I find this perfume a piece of art. It smells so alive! First time I've used it I oversprayed and that was a mistake.
GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 8 months ago
Walking into greenhouse,surrounded by dewy,fresh (but not green),beautiful roses.Warm but not sweet, moisty and feminine,great value for €?
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
Too much sweetness ruined a potential interesting fragrance. Just disappointed on this, boring, boring, boring average female scent.
Mozart1756Mozart1756 1 year ago
0.5
1 Word= TERRİBLE! So bad and weird. %10/15 or 0 rose feeling. Carnation, vetiver, amber, and very much mint! Overrated, superhyped!
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Rose? Not on me. Straight up carnation. Slightly obnoxious at that. Same feeling seeing K-Stew in the ads. Still, can be fun to wear.

by Rutil
The first fragrance I see the advertisement and I DONT want to buy it. This is how important a good advertising is. For me their model Kristen is neutral. She is not dynamic, not feminine, not a cheerful face...So I guess this fragrance would be like that
by MariaS
by Sonnenwind
Heute wird fleischlos gegrillt
by Blödel
by LaPerleNoire
Durchforscht den Boden, sucht und grabt, Bringt Wachstum auf Mechanik, Wenn ihr dann keine Blumen habt, Habt ihr doch eine Botanik.  - Franz Grillparzer
by Balabuszka
by Viola8
by Flavabee
by Flavabee

Popular Balenciaga

Cristobal by Balenciaga Le Dix (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Ho Hang (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Quadrille (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga Michelle (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris L'Essence by Balenciaga Balenciaga pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Rosabotanica by Balenciaga Le Dix (Parfum) by Balenciaga Portos (Eau de Cologne) by Balenciaga Cialenga (Parfum) by Balenciaga Rumba (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau de Parfum) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga Ho Hang Club (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Quadrille (Parfum) by Balenciaga Eau de Balenciaga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga Skin by Balenciaga Cialenga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga