Michelle 1979 Eau de Toilette

Michelle (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga
Bottle Design Pierre Dinand
8.3 / 10 90 Ratings
Michelle (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Balenciaga for women and was released in 1979. The scent is floral-powdery. The production was apparently discontinued.

Main accords

Floral
Powdery
Chypre
Woody
Spicy

Fragrance Pyramid

Top Notes Top Notes AldehydesAldehydes Leaf greenLeaf green GardeniaGardenia PeachPeach CoconutCoconut
Heart Notes Heart Notes CarnationCarnation IrisIris JasmineJasmine OrchidOrchid RoseRose TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base Notes BenzoinBenzoin MossMoss MuskMusk SandalwoodSandalwood VanillaVanilla VetiverVetiver CivetCivet

Submitted by Lissy, last update on 16.01.2023.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

The Three Perils of Perfume
A bad perfume can be caused by three different faults.
The first - and most common these days - is bad materials, perfumes that are made of plastic iris, plastic fruits, plastic vanilla and plastic patchouli.
The second fault is bad blending, where a perfume is lumpy - like a bad packet soup.
The third is bad taste, and that’s the problem here.

Michelle is good at first sniff, it made me go ‘oh, that’s good’. But it’s just too sweet; madly, badly sweet. A blancmange of white flowers, aldehydes, creamy vanilla and not much else, it’s bad because it’s Too good; ‘c’est trop bon’ as the kids say round here.

To be fair, this is a sample of pure parfum, not the best concentration for this sort of thing, but then, would any concentration be good - apart from homeopathic?
A perfect memory
For some time now, I have wanted to write a commentary on this fragrance, as it is one of the most special perfumes in my life.
You see, I first encountered it on my 10th birthday when a friend gave me a sample...wow, what a treat that was! The perfume is permanently burned into my memory. It smelled so beautiful, elegant, clean, floral, sweet. For a long time, this was a perfume I measured all other perfumes in my life against, and there really were a lot of them :)
It was only later, when I got to know the notes of the perfume and the way it develops, that I consciously recognized the notes of this perfume - coconut, gardenia, ylang-ylang, tuberose, orchid, vanilla, musk .... so many notes but it is so beautifully composed. Until today, exactly these notes have remained my favorites in perfumes ... incredible!
Since it has been discontinued for a long time, I searched for it for a long time in perfumeries, E Bay, various online stores and fragrance sites.... I even found and bought a few pieces, but unfortunately it's not what it was...some perfumes don't tolerate standing too long, unfortunately. Right now I have it on my wrist and it lacks that freshness when I open it, although the drydown is still nice.
But it still remains perfect in my memory...
If you happen to know of any perfume like this that is similar to Michelle, I would be very grateful if you leave a comment :)

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

14 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Balenciaga

Cristobal by Balenciaga Florabotanica by Balenciaga Ho Hang (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Le Dix (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Quadrille (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris by Balenciaga Balenciaga Paris L'Essence by Balenciaga Le Dix (Parfum) by Balenciaga Cialenga (Parfum) by Balenciaga Portos (Eau de Cologne) by Balenciaga Rosabotanica by Balenciaga Ho Hang Club (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Eau de Balenciaga (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Talisman (Eau de Parfum) by Balenciaga Rumba (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga by Balenciaga Cristobal pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Balenciaga Quadrille (Parfum) by Balenciaga B. Balenciaga Skin by Balenciaga