La Môme by Balmain / Pierre Balmain

La Môme is a popular perfume by Balmain / Pierre Balmain for women and was released in 2007. The scent is floral-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesFreesia, May rose, Pink pepper
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose, Raspberry, Myrrh, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Iris, Musk, Opoponax

Submitted by Bergamotte, last update on 03.10.2018.

La Môme (french for "tot") was a popular nickname of the great chanson singer Édith Piaf.

5.0 7.5 6.0/10

Sweet, juicy raspberry
I was first introduced to Balmain's La Môme during a blind sniffing competition earlier this year. When I initially applied it to my wrists and inhaled, I was quite struck by its sweetness, with the juicy raspberry accord radiating strongly on my skin. I had assumed it was either a celebrity fragrance or a release from a well-known brand, marketed towards younger women.

You can imagine my surprise when it was revealed that the mystery scent was actually Balmain's La Môme. Needless to say, I would never have guessed it. I had imagined this fragrance to smell like an intense oriental, laden with spices and resins.

To my nose, La Môme is sweet, mysterious and in some ways, flirtatious. It's a scent that grows on you over time, but may greet you as a shock initially. Although the opening is quite sweet with candied raspberry, pink pepper and oily rose, what follows tends to show more depth and complexity in terms of composition.

The heart introduces some of my favourite oriental accords; opoponax, myrrh and amber. These combine to create a warm and enticing scent, that actually blends perfectly with the sweet raspberry and rose. It was during this phase that I found myself growing fond of La Môme.

Pardon my naïvety, but seeming that Edith Piaf was before my time, I don't know much about her, nor have I watched the movie which is said to have inspired this fragrance. I am however familiar with her famous and incredibly moving song, 'La Vie en Rose', so I agree that the rose note was a perfect addition to La Môme's scent pyramid.

La Môme is incredibly lasting on my skin, so I applaud the longevity. The sillage is not bad either, but I can't say that it's particularly strong. I would consider this fragrance a sure crowd-pleaser, however it may disappoint some, especially if they're expecting to smell a heavy oriental. I would advise against blind buying La Môme due to its fruity yet ambery nature.

Originally written: August 25, 2012.
7.5 5.0 7.5 4.0/10

Je regrette
This hommage to Edith Piaf is a fragrance I can't warm up to. And I really tried! I loved the flacon and the packaging, bought it... but could not wear the scent. I ended up giving it away last week.
Why? To my nose, it feels incredibly frumpy, although it's made of top-notch ingredients. Everybody seems to love it... except me...tant pis.
Unfortunately, it reminds me of the classic "Van Cleef" by Van Cleef and Arpels, not a favourite of mine either. "La Môme" doesn't sing to me. Je regrette!
7.5 5.0 10.0 9.0/10

La vie en rose
I am charmed.
And the enchantment goes so far that I would like to have him and have already ordered, too.
Yes a tribute for a tall little woman.
Chrisantiss and the other ladies in the German forum have already described him to soooo beautifully, I can add nothing more to it.
My skin feels flattered and bows.

by Turandot
by Gwiazdka72
by Ninina
by Ninina

Popular Balmain / Pierre Balmain

Ambre  Gris by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Carbone / Carbone de Balmain by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Ivoire (2012) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Monsieur Balmain (1990) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Vent Vert (1990) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Ivoire (1980) / Ivoire de Balmain (Eau de Toilette) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Jolie Madame (Eau de Toilette) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Balmain de Balmain by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Extatic (Eau de Parfum) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain La Môme by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Miss Balmain (Eau de Toilette) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Ébène de Balmain (Eau de Toilette) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Vent Vert (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Balmain Homme by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Extatic Intense Gold by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Eau d'Ivoire (2013) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Extatic Gold Musk by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Monsieur Balmain (1964) (Eau de Toilette) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain Extatic (Eau de Toilette) by Balmain / Pierre Balmain BalMan by Balmain / Pierre Balmain